• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So the odds of me coming to this just got slimmer. Possible money Johns. How many people are riding in the van, Jamaal? I might have to get a ride from school to Waba.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Kismet,

10 bucks my mk ur falco

5 bucks my ddd ur falco

toasty, I'll mm in melee.

I'll be switching between either jiggs or fox in the sets.

how much?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hm...........

I'm accepting 1$ MMs from anyone I havn't played before as long as I have it. I'll bring 5 dollars in 1s.

(i.e. that excludes YOU FullMetal, Chops, etc) lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, I'm gonna go ahead and say right now that I'm sorry in advance for what might happen at this tourney in my matches.

It's for the greater good.

And don't ask, unless you really want to make me look like a douche.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Guys, I'm gonna go ahead and say right now that I'm sorry in advance for what might happen at this tourney in my matches.

Using metaknight are we?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hm...........

I'm accepting 1$ MMs from anyone I havn't played before as long as I have it. I'll bring 5 dollars in 1s.

we haven't played since Get Four Stocked 1

Bring $5 extra to Money Match me.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hm...........

Gerbil!! We should money match. Which character do you use?

it's pretty obvious that you are going to plank with MK. A few posts ago you asked if planking was legal. Go ahead and do your gay ****. You people are the reason why I quit Brawl. I still love you as a person though.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Snake can blow the hell out of mk while he planks though.

Or he can just chill in the center of the stage and spam uptilt since it will prolly hit.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He can just circle camp all of the starters except Yoshi's Island, which I can just strike.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Snake can blow the hell out of mk while he planks though.

Or he can just chill in the center of the stage and spam uptilt since it will prolly hit.
lol prob

Ban MK and it won't happen.

He can just circle camp all of the starters except Yoshi's Island, which I can just ban.
if you win the tourney/money using your strategy, then I wouldn't be so offended. but people who play really gay just to say they got top 10 is really shallow.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought this would happen. :(

edit:
if you win the tourney/money using your strategy, then I wouldn't be so offended. but people who play really gay just to say they got top 10 is really shallow.
If I have a good day I could get top10 without MK.

I just want to make a point about this stupid character.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hm...........

We've never played! I don't even know you =D

$1 MM? =D
I just want to make a point about this stupid character.
LOL who do you think you are, Plank, himself?

He already exhausted that reasoning. And he made quite the point about that "stupid character."

I think it was stated that planking is either banned or "soft-banned" which is to say it's hella-looked-down-upon but I mean..."we can't stop you from doing it."

But Jamaal will exude the vibe of "ommmfg if it wouldn't get me arrested..." while clenching his fists XD

Just fair warning.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I guess since people are threatening me now...

I have close "pre-brawl" buddies that have all but quit Brawl entirely because of Meta Knight and the harm he has done to this game. I'm not doing this to be a douche. The only reason I play this is for fun, and to hang out with the kind of people that Super Smash tends to attract- not to place well at tournaments using "super gay" tactics to later brag about it.

The SBR as a whole doesn't recommend a ban on planking/circle camping because it hasn't been proven to be a problem yet.

I'm just hoping to help accelerate the "planking/circle camping/other hardcore camping metagame," because no one else has the guts to do so. (Most likely because of the social tension it can easily create.) My goal is to get people to realize that Meta Knight under the stage is too overcentralizing for this game/community to handle. Once people figure that out, they'll begin to realize that they can't actually ban it without making really arbitrary rules that can't be adhered to easily. Maybe eventually TOs will take other drastic measures like... I dunno... ban a character, perhaps?

That said, if it's legal I'll go to a tournament and practice it; it's even better when a bunch of awesome players are there. (I.e. this Halloween Bash) If someone wants to actually practice fighting against it in friendlies, then let me know! I'd love to help out and give you some tips.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Ah see now that's a worthy cause. [I don't know how effective it will be, but we'll see]

I tried doing that at Waba, btw.

...........................and only the Melee players showed up, LMAO! I couldn't enter a Brawl tourney even when I wanted to...I was gonna play HELLA gay too :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
Stuff talking about stuff because I like to talk about stuff
Metaknight's a very good character. A broken character, if you will.

I hope you are successful in your venture. I doubt you will win the tournament this way, though, so I fear your words will be mute when you continue to complain about the character.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Metaknight's a very good character. A broken character, if you will.

I hope you are successful in your venture. I doubt you will win the tournament this way, though, so I fear your words will be mute when you continue to complain about the character.
Pretty much this.

If you don't win, that means the strategy is beatable. You cannot ban a beatable strategy.

Take that back. We've banned beatable strategies before, like wobbling or other infinite grabs. However, you're talking about banning the entire character. That's a little far fetched.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or is it.

"Let me just ask something. In a game not made for competitive play, nay a game where the developers themselves tried their hardest to make the game unfit for competitive play, where stages and items and even STRATEGIES (planking/ledge camping) must be banned for the game to be competitive. Is it really such a stretch to think that you might need to ban a character too?"
-Emblem Lord

Rayku

Smash Lord
Or is it.

"Let me just ask something. In a game not made for competitive play, nay a game where the developers themselves tried their hardest to make the game unfit for competitive play, where stages and items and even STRATEGIES (planking/ledge camping) must be banned for the game to be competitive. Is it really such a stretch to think that you might need to ban a character too?"
-Emblem Lord
Items are banned in Melee. That's a competitive game.

Even though it might not have intentionally been one, it just so happened to turn out that way. I don't know what the developer of Melee was thinking as he made it.

I would also like to point out that I am pro-ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom