• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 2.4 - With 10 alive it take 6 to lynch!

Xonar [0]
Soup [0]
Kantrip [0]
JTB [4] - Xonar, Gorf, Evil Eye, marshy
Jim Morrison [0]
Evil Eye [0]
Red Ryu [1] - Soup
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [1] - JTB
marshy [0]

Not Voting [4] - Red Ryu, Glyph, Kantrip, Jim Morrison

Deadline has been set for March 20th @ 11:59PM EST

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm drawing allusions to Housepets here. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312964&highlight=Housepets

JTB made a gambit that T-Block and Jim lynched him on his play during it when he played poorly and his reactions here seem similar.

Thanks for that deadline reminder, RR. I don't think I should wait to post this any longer.

I think we should lynch JTB.

===Strong town read on T-block===

JTB states in 116 that I am his strongest town read.

T-Block has only posted once and he's already my strongest town read since he's the only player that actually realized what I was doing. Nothing short of expected though, he's probably the most competent player in this game.

(...)

I'll be looking at those who also refused to join the wagon and watching them closely (pretty much everyone except T-block).

What is his reasoning for this read? That I recognized that he was attempting a gambit and went along with it. Both town and scum players can recognize a gambit and support it... the fact that a player recognizes a gambit should tell how experienced or how skilled that player is. It is not indicative of alignment. JTB is not a new player - he knows this, yet simply going along with the gambit is enough to land me as the only player he won't be looking closely at? That doesn't make any sense to me. I think JTB is attempting to get on the good side of (excuse the arrogance) one of the strongest players in this game. I cannot see a player of JTB's calibre honestly labelling me as town for that.

===Motivation behind his gambit===

JTB started the day with a daycop gambit, claiming a guilty on TG7. In explaining his gambit, he provides this reasoning for his choice of target:

a) He's a player I literally know nothing about so I figured he was new to mafia and wanted to see his reaction
b) Since the game started immediately following role pms being sent out, if he happened to be scum, I could get a reaction from him before he talked to a scummate.

This shows that he claims he went into the gambit with the intent of gaining information on TG7. Now, read the rest of his 116. Nowhere in that post does he offer any stance on TG7. In fact, he actually outright says that he did not get anything from TG7:

Of course, this only works if people actually put votes on him so that he feels pressured, but people are dense as **** and can't see intent if it smacked them upside the face.

But it wasn't in vain as I did get reads from other players due to it.

But then his most recent appearance gives us post 245:

I have TG7 as town. The way he reacted to it in the beginning was very nonchalant, as if he knew I was lying about my claim already.

...where he gives reasoning for having TG7 as town from things that happened before 116. His posts do not line up here - why not mention this reasoning in 116, instead of saying that he couldn't get anything because everyone messed up? And there's more - he states that one of TPK's reasons for defending TG7:

He is scum with TG7 and trying to redirect pressure onto me by debunking my claim.

He is implicating TG7 as scum here. This reason is not offered as a possibility - it is offered as a truth. So, we have that he was unable to learn anything about TG7 and that TG7 is scum in the same post, and then TG7 is town based on things that happened before 116. He is not being consistent.

It's clear that JTB did not have TG7 in the front of his mind when writing 116. So what does he do instead?

He casts suspicion on basically every player in the game. This comes back to the idea that both scum and town alike can recognize or fail to recognize a gambit - JTB should know that failing to recognize a gambit is not a scum tell, especially for newer or weaker players, yet he explicitly says he will keep a close eye on those who questioned him. In this way, he is poised to jump on any wagon that develops except for mine - rather convenient then that he disappeared for over 48 hours right after, no? I think there is also an intimidation factor to his post:

I'll be looking at those who also refused to join the wagon and watching them closely

Weaker players will likely be more wary of crossing JTB after a post like this. I am unsure of whether this was intentional, but the effect is definitely there.

I question his motivations behind pulling the gambit. I think it is quite clear that a read on TG7 was no more than a secondary motivation. It looks more like an attempt to gain town credibility, and to intimidate weaker players by harshly pointing out supposed flaws in their play, rather than to gain reads.

===Inconsistent behaviour between his treatment of RR and Gustave===

In 116 he states RR as his strongest scum read. The reasoning he offers is that RR went against the gambit, then later goes along with it. He states that this is trying to garner town points while trying to make him look less credible.

But there is another person who did very similar actions. Look at Gustave's 40, then his 58. He opposes the gambit and then directs a post at Tokyo, using the gambit to try to gain information. Why does Gustave not get any suspicion? Why is RR his strongest scum read, while Gustave is not mentioned at all in his 116? Gustave was also one of the most active posters in the early game.

What does this suggest? It probably suggests that his pressure on RR is not sincere. But more importantly, it suggests that JTB is not paying attention to Gustave's actions. This is called selective scumhunting, and I find it highly unlikely that a town member would be justified in doing so.

This should be taken into account with Gustave's somewhat contradictory behaviour with regard to the gambit. Then, in his 175, he states that just the fakeclaim is enough to "clear" JTB for him. His main reasoning is that he finds it hard to believe that scum would put themself in the spotlight. This is an incredibly weak reasoning, as scum could easily do that. I strongly feel that scumJTB will lead us to scumGustave.

This lynch has it all - scum tells and connections =o Pretty much everyone has given an opinion on JTB, even though some didn't offer much :mad:

vote: JTB

Let's see those votes.
This is T-Block's reasoning to push his lynch where he flipped town.

When JTB was pressured he gave this.

Zach, vanilla townie.

T-block, were you ready to lynch me, even with TPK and Tery voting me without explanation?
It's almost an exact parallel to this game with the frustration in how he reacted.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wrt to the timing of my claim, it stems from my frustration of how I'm getting wagoned while gord is being so scummy with his idgaf attitude towards this game, yet no one seems to care about him

:phone:
Man I LOVE when people get this impression of me.

#HBC | Gorf

Man I almost forgot this post.

Glyph said:
Fully backing this list, but add Gorf in there too
Come at me bro. Just poking me doesn't gauge me, and since I'm clearly confident in my towniness to destroy any weak crap you have on me as "scummy", please throw it at me now so you don't gotta worry about me later, please.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Jeez that's a pretty harsh reaction to being on the list of people who need to die before endgame (note, not a list of people who are scum)

That being said I do think you're scum.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
RR I think you're overestimating how long I've been in DGames by a lot

Gorf I probably won't ever make a case on you but still think you're scum

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
When JTB was pressured he gave this.

It's almost an exact parallel to this game with the frustration in how he reacted.
Except the great difference was that three people were basically asking him to claim, he was a vanilla townie and someone made a long case explaining why there was pressure on him.

To be honest, the fact that you're using this to defend the way JTB claimed is bothering me. I like how you can look at things in context, but when you bring these two claims under entirely different context and say you can draw parallels, NOPE, doesn't sound like you.

Next thing, you came into this game and hardly posted anything of interest. You only just read the game, everything is fresh in your mind, you have two flips, so you could easily look at interactions between players regarding those two.
Instead, I see you posting what we established, EE isn't aligned with Werekill, then shove some scumminess/SK-ness(?) onto WL who isn't here to defend himself (granted you retracted it, but okay), vote Marshy who so prematurely hammered Sold, something that does raise him to town in my eyes.

You've been very concerned with others reads so far, but your own reads are nowhere to be found. I'm still clueless on what you think of Gorf, Glyph, Xonar, Soup, Kantrip and me (to an extent, you're only calling me on meta so far).

Even if it's not in your style, I'd love for you to make a small summary on each player on what you gathered from them, reading through Yesterday and how they related towards Ryker/WK. It doesn't have to be a 3-page essay, but something would be nice.

Until I see something actually useful happen from a fresh player, Vote: Red Ryu (and also JTB but Hated I'll assume)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

Been thinking about things from a different perspective and why gorf is playing the way he is. I see how he can be town, even if I dislike the way he's playing.

I have one more full day at work, so I can't reread the game with my feel in mind until tonight.

Kantrip

Kantplay
unvote

Been thinking about things from a different perspective and why gorf is playing the way he is. I see how he can be town, even if I dislike the way he's playing.

I have one more full day at work, so I can't reread the game with my feel in mind until tonight.

Describe how your thought process has changed and why you now accept the way Gorf is playing. In your own words, what is the conclusion you came to wrt Gorf possibly being town?

I need this because as it stands this backing off is gross. The timing is delayed enough to confer with scummates about the decision, and yet relevant enough to be a reaction in an attempt to back down and alleviate your pressure. Basically I don't like your play, and your claim does not redeem you as I previously (falsely) thought.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Describe how your thought process has changed and why you now accept the way Gorf is playing. In your own words, what is the conclusion you came to wrt Gorf possibly being town?

I need this because as it stands this backing off is gross. The timing is delayed enough to confer with scummates about the decision, and yet relevant enough to be a reaction in an attempt to back down and alleviate your pressure. Basically I don't like your play, and your claim does not redeem you as I previously (falsely) thought.
I don't accept the way he's playing, I hate it a lot. I'm not going into specifics on why I changed my mind, but know that I see how a townGorf is more probable than a scumGorf.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Gorf was jumping from target to target D1, I figured he was going to do the same thing, jumping off ryker to another person.

This answer doesn't satisfy me at all, even though I didn't ask.

Xonar specifically said be concrete, but still I can't see you giving an explanation as to why this could have happened.

JTB, regarding Gorf, you should actually go into specifics. Because this switch is ridiculous until a reasoning is provided.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't accept the way he's playing, I hate it a lot. I'm not going into specifics on why I changed my mind, but know that I see how a townGorf is more probable than a scumGorf.

I'd rather the lynch be someone else since I have doubts you are scum but this is a good way to make me change my mind.

You will elaborate.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No, I am not going into it. If you can't accept that, then hammer me and realize you are an idiot. Otherwise, deal with it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 2.5 - With 10 alive it take 6 to lynch!

Xonar [0]
Soup [0]
Kantrip [0]
JTB [5] - Xonar, Gorf, Evil Eye, marshy, Red Ryu
Jim Morrison [0]
Evil Eye [0]
Red Ryu [2] - Soup, Jim Morrison
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [0]
marshy [0]

Not Voting [3] - Glyph, Kantrip, JTB

JTB has been lynched! It is now twilight until I can post the flip!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ok, now why am I scum? Because I turned a 180 on a read?

Man, you really slipped up there.

RR scum. Kantrip is probably indy. And I'm still town. Xonar/EE/Gorf are town too.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Marshy too maybe, but idk.

Atleast I died before scum cpuld quicklynch me in lylo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dude, if your town, elaborating is a huge way to get people to listen to you and back off.

Still don't feel bad I did that if your town, you refused to cooperate and I accept that as being hugely anti-town/scummy.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh ****

I haven't read at all toDay

Someone not stupid, who do I doc help me

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Despite John Freeman's triumphant proclamation that toDay would be a good Day to do what has to be done to help his brother and defeat the enemys, when he pulled back the pants it was revealed that...

JTB [The Headcrab Officer, Hated Town Voyeur] has been lynched!
It is now Night 2! Send in all night actions by Friday March 14th @ 11:59 PM EST.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
As John Freeman slept, he could not stop help but think that something was seriously amiss in the darkness. Last Night only his trusty wepon had been tampered with but what if that was only the beginning? Though the headcrab officer they killed the previous Day seemed evil, what if they had made a horrible mistake?

Perturbed, John Freeman poked his head into the alternate dimension where his son was to make sure everything was as it had been. However, what he saw was so shocking, it almost made a cry falled out.

Jim Morrison [The Spy, Town Vanilla] Has Been Murdered!

John Freeman exclaimed!

"What could possibly be the cause of this?!" John Freeman said to himself. I better get to the bottom of it.

Day 3 Begins! With 8 alive it take 5 to lynch!

Votecount 3.0

Xonar [0]
Soup [0]
Kantrip [0]
Evil Eye [0]
Red Ryu [0]
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [0]
marshy [0]

Not Voting [8] - Xonar, Soup, Kantrip, Evil Eye, Red Ryu, Glyph, Gorf, marshy

Deadline has been set for March 24th @ 11:59PM EST

#HBC | Gorf

Man it's gonna suck the **** if that jailer is the one who stopped the abduction from happening... Or we can just scumhunt to find out about dat abductor and keep our jailer?... Yea for now I'm game to just go with that option. I'll catch you clowns on the flip side.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No Abduction?

Full reason for the quick hammer, thought there was a possibility he was town. I wasn't going to roll over and protect him that hard for it. Told him to keep elaborating, he refused once, I threatened him with a hammer, still refused, went ahead and voted.

Looked at it like nothing more than an AtE cop out to me, even worse that I found his back off to be really off even more so with how he presented his case then refused to say anything on the matter.

Top Bottom