• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAB Presents: S.W.A.G.G. #1 [PC CHRIS IN CT!?] LAST CHANCE PRACTICE FOR ROM4!!!

TheMorgue

Smash Cadet
I just map quest this it's about a 3hr 45min drive from Maine. Sorry to say the chance for Maine to show up to this is quite slim. UNLESS we can crash somewhere.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Brian I'm pretty sure someone can stop by Middletown on their way. Its not that far, really.

Black Steve needs to be on commentary in my stead.

Maine can likely get housing from other heads at the venue but I unfortunately will not be able to provide it myself. I'll ask around.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Most likely I'll be taking public trans (doesn't seem too bad) so I'd just need a ride from the train station. Question though, I can pick up the train from Grand Central or no?

Teams anyone?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I might, just maybe will be able to get an early copy of UMvC3 from a secret place in NYC...
If I can get it, I'll bring it.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Yup, the 15th, but I might be able to get it before that, if what I heard is correct.
Have to verify with the place I would be getting it from, but it seems legit.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
HEY GUYS
PRETTY IMPORTANT

Cris (and everyone else in NYC): Take Metro-North's New Haven Line FROM Grand Central.

Just be sure you have a train that has connecting service to Waterbury. (They run like every two or three hours most days)

Once you get to Bridgeport (and they'll announce this on the train), you get off the train, wait on the platform where you got off until another train arrives like 5-10 minutes later. Take that train to the very last stop, then niggs will pick heads up and drive them to the venue.

Swagg.

EDIT: According to the MTA website (www.mta.info), these are the train times leaving from GCT on the day of the tourney.

Departs // Arrives
7:07 AM // 9:41 AM
9:07 AM // 12:35 PM
10:07 AM // 12:35 PM

Return schedule:

Departs //Arrives
1:18 PM // 3:43 PM
4:15 PM // 6:43 PM
8:19 PM // 10:43 PM

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Which line has the Dallas stop? Was it East of the Hudson or West of the Hudson o_O?

Alukard

Smash Hero
i don't think i can make this anymore =[ .. prior engagements sorry hab i totally forgot about these plans >_< ... i hope everything runs smoothly !!! enjoy!!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
No.

But Pokefloats can maybe be legal (as a doubles counterpick) because its my tournament and I don't give a funk if heads think it's unfair.

Its not like anyone reads the rules anyway.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
After HOG I'm really looking forward to this. CT is too good.
I'm gonna go hard against you if we play in bracket again.
That set was TOO close! :p
No.

But Pokefloats can maybe be legal (as a doubles counterpick) because its my tournament and I don't give a funk if heads think it's unfair.

Its not like anyone reads the rules anyway.
<3

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
FFFFF
Polybrawl 6 is on the same day as this...

If they don't move the date(which looks unlikely, lol)
I'm going to have make a tough call.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
That was such a fun set. Looking back after the set was over and seeing everyone behind our little tv was pretty awesome.
Hypest set of HOG7, easily. I was flipping out like, "Yo, Colin's got this!"

Shouts to Black Steve for coining the phrase 'Get Colinized like India' when Colin was ******.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

crush

Smash Master
In singles u should probably have teh five neutrals, pokemon stadium, and either poke floats/corneria legal. Kongo jungle is too good for falco vs bad vertical movement characters, and brinstar is too good for peach and puff. Rainbow cruise is also unfair because spacies are broken. Maybe hyrule temple? idk

:phone:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
That was such a fun set. Looking back after the set was over and seeing everyone behind our little tv was pretty awesome.
It was. I enjoyed it a lot. The crowd hype got to me a little and I felt like I was with them cheering you on, which didn't help me much till I shook that last game LOL

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Sooo yeah Larz and I are from CT and this is our first tournament, who else here is from CT?

S l o X

Smash Champion
a lot of us. you should post more in the CT regional thread / CT Smashfest thread.

Smashfests are frequently held in Southern and Northern CT.

Top Bottom