• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAB Presents: S.W.A.G.G. #1 [PC CHRIS IN CT!?] LAST CHANCE PRACTICE FOR ROM4!!!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
A LOT of people. Nearly half the people on the list. >_>

Fatal you should show up and play a real man's Smash. :troll:

I may have some unfortunate news about this tournament in a little bit. Not getting canceled, so don't be too depressed, but it may be bad. Stay tuned, watch this space, etc.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Alright. So. Bad News (or good news, if you're a fan)

It seems that due to mixups with Yu-Gi-Oh National tournaments, Vortex Gaming is also running a local YGO tournament at the venue on the same day as SWAGG.

Granted that can certainly lead to things being a bit crowded in a normal place but I cannot stress how effing big this venue is compared to most places besides, like, Toy Wiz. Nanuet has run a No Johns at the same time as MTG drafts with no problem, and I doubt this will be any different. (Now where's that wood I can go knock on...)

For those of you who enjoy YGO, well... have fun attempting to win an iPad...

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

crush

Smash Master
Alright. So. Bad News (or good news, if you're a fan)

It seems that due to mixups with Yu-Gi-Oh National tournaments, Vortex Gaming is also running a local YGO tournament at the venue on the same day as SWAGG.

Granted that can certainly lead to things being a bit crowded in a normal place but I cannot stress how effing big this venue is compared to most places besides, like, Toy Wiz. Nanuet has run a No Johns at the same time as MTG drafts with no problem, and I doubt this will be any different. (Now where's that wood I can go knock on...)

For those of you who enjoy YGO, well... have fun attempting to win an iPad...
Soooo first place gets an ipad?

:phone:

S l o X

Smash Champion
Competitive YGO is pretty enjoyable to watch. I'll probably spend more time on that side of the venue than on Melee.

S l o X

Smash Champion
YGO is pretty intense depending on what deck each player is using bro.

Oh and I'm entering this as LUNCH$.

crush

Smash Master
YGO is pretty intense depending on what deck each player is using bro.

Oh and I'm entering this as LUNCH$.
lol YGO is never intense.

its actually a pretty terrible game a lot of the time. even things like teledad and zombiesworn arent fun to watch/play a lot of the time

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=4182
i wait until i draw cold wave = i win (not fun to watch)
he goes first and draws side cards = he wins (not fun to watch)
he attacks me with gadgets and then stalls until the clock runs out = i travel to california and win $0 instead of $800 because konami doesnt rent the venue long enough to have matches where theres a $800 difference between loser and winner have no timer. (stupid and not fun to watch)
number of people watching that match = only like 10 because YGO is boring.
also those two decks we were playing were like the most entertaining at the time lol

if they didnt have a timer, or if i had about 2 more minutes, i would be $800 richer right now (this has happened a lot of times to me)

also i was planning on entering as datlunch$ but whatever

S l o X

Smash Champion
*a bunch of stuff about ygo being boring*

also i was planning on entering as datlunch$ but whatever
NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY.

and don't worry, I'm terrible at YGO. I just think it's fun playing online and I wouldn't play IRL because I'm poor$.

crush

Smash Master
NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY.

and don't worry, I'm terrible at YGO. I just think it's fun playing online and I wouldn't play IRL because I'm poor$.
So I can't enter as datlunch$? How about bettersavedatlunch$?

Also I don't get how it seems fun but watever floats your boat

:phone:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Facebook event for the YGO tournament going on during SWAGG.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=230666153659398

Brookman has already vowed that he's getting an iPad that day. Watch out, homies!

EDIT: More photos of the venue, for perspective!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...605895_261345110563920_871869_719076574_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...1205432561_630312560_8123943_1013316763_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...51205057561_630312560_8123940_211671465_n.jpg

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I talked to the owners about that a while back and they seem to be all for the idea. I obviously am.

I would just need somebody with a decent setup to do so (preferably on a desktop? I'll ask the owners about that), and somebody who knows what the hell they're doing since I obviously don't.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Okay, swag. I was just talking to D1 about this yesterday too. Johnathan has a pretty good stream set-up, either that or Prog if he's able to attend. I'll chat with them about it :)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Okay, swag. I was just talking to D1 about this yesterday too. Johnathan has a pretty good stream set-up, either that or Prog if he's able to attend. I'll chat with them about it :)
Last time I talked with Prog he said it might not happen due to it being so close to ROM and having some legit family johns.

But that may have changed.

In other news, I just found out that one of the drum n bass mixes that I held back on (aka didn't release for download but just streamed on an internet radio station) has been ripped, pirated, and made into a Russian torrent on no fewer than three active trackers at the moment.

Feels good, man.

BRING TVS AND SETUPS

Top Bottom