• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

T-block

B2B TST
Town:
Boat
LAK

Leaning town:
WL

Null:
Raziek

Leaning scum:
JTB
Soup

Scum:
Joey

Other five have not contributed.

If I had to pick a side for Raziek, I'd say leaning scum. But my read on him is best described as null atm.

Good night.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Is boat scum for the gambit?

Nope. Not that alone, at least, which is why my vote was moved so easily.

@WL: Oh cool

why would a townie make up such a big lie like that? It could be proven wrong EXTREMELY easily, and it held NO purpose at all except getting LAK confused with his role and making him ask the mod stuff in private, which is just a HUGE distraction to LAK and this game as a whole. The fact that he could even try to call him scummy through that (which was probably the point of that based on how he talked about LAK before the gambit and in the post of the gambit) is simply mind-blowing to me. The gambit had NO value whatsoever, and the fact that he actually got mad at someone for pointing out the REALLY obvious is simply ******** and I think he's scummy for this whole thing.

:172:
so he tells a lie which attrmpts to keep LAK's role hidden. Please tell me how the **** this is scummy

also @erryone: when i claimed scum in my first post i was being facetious jfyi, you all seemed to miss it

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
First vote. Says Boatchouli is lying therefore scum.
Teehee. This makes me scummy? :3

Seriously though. Are you just stating this or...? When I learned how to play mafia, lying was the only scum tell I knew about. Its still probably the biggest turn point from town to scum in my play. Sorry if you find that scummy ._.'!

Rather angry post over something as silly as the gambit pulled. Why is he getting so worked up over this? I can't see any reason to be.
Its a distraction to town, the player LAK, and to the moderator as well. Why should I not worry about that along with how scummy it looks when added together with the two posts I mentioned previously? :/.

States very clearly that Boatchouli is his top scum read.
Mhm

Feels forced - blowing things way out of proportion and exaggerates the detriment to town. Note that he never asks Ryker for the reason behind his gambit and jumps straight to saying he had "NO REASON" to do so. In any case, note the strong scum sentiments he's feeling. The most important part of this post is that he explicitly states that he thinks Boat is scum BECAUSE he questions the motivations behind the gambit.
Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Joey. I'm the person that is known to over-exaggerate things. I like to over-exaggerate. How about you? :3

Why should I have to ask for reasons when they should be given when you're obviously lying to the town? I don't see a reason why I would have to ask for those reasons. What @ the last sentence?

Again, states strongly that Boat is scummy, just surpassed by WL.
That was the case o_O'! At the time, WL looked like some random guy that jumped on a wagon just for the hell of it and with bad reasons. Thats more scummy than a gambit and two posts lol.

Note the pointed, almost threatening tone of the original question. Now note the response, which actually states two things: one is that he had more on Boat than just the gambit; the other is that his scum read on Boat wasn't that strong.

He had not brought up any other evidence against Boat before those. Even in this post he doesn't offer anything - isn't it implied that I am asking for other evidence if it exists? Moreover, why is he suddenly saying that his vote was easily moved from Boat, implying that he never had that strong of a read on him? That's certainly not the impression I got from reading his earlier posts, and I read this as Joey backing down and covering his tracks after being confronted about his stances.

The question "why would a townie make up such a big lie" is completely illogical. It's equally valid to ask "why would scum make up such a big lie". He is again implying that Boat is scum, and backing it up with a null tell.
Threatening? Are you talking about the way I responded or the way you posted it? Was your original question supposed to be threatening? Whoops. I didn't notice! :3. Since it isn't as obvious as I thought it was, I'll say this as well. That was implying that I didn't have more than the gambit, and that I realized that it wasn't enough for a legit vote. This is also why I said "after thinking about it" in the last post you quoted. My fault on that part loool aw well.

Oh no I didn't catch something that you implied. That makes me scum, right? :D! Oh noooooo you caught me uguu ;-;!

It was also easily moved because WL looked like a random guy that just jumped on a wagon with bad reasoning, which at the time was more scummy than a gambit and two posts. :x

How am I backing down? I'm still calling him a scum read and he still has to reply to the pressure that I have on him. Am I just supposed to sit there and make up more stuff while I wait for him or something? :O! You tell me Mr.T-Block!

And then he puts his vote back on Boatchouli. Nothing significant here that I can see, but I thought I'd include it for the sake of completeness.
whoooooosh~

Only after he is explicitly asked for other points against Boat does he provide anything, and they are weak. Both involve Boat attacking two players for their playstyle, and Joey misrepresents them as attempts to paint the targets as scum. Coming from Ryker, I saw neither of those posts as an attempt to paint the target as scum, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would think Joey has played with Ryker enough to realize that too. These points are not contributing to his "scum read"; they are points he reached for after being confronted about the basis of his read.
They're weak? Oh nooooooo. I couldn't tell uguu ;-;!

What? No seriously, what? If they weren't attempts to paint the players as scum, then what were they? ._.! You can tell me I'm wrong, but if you don't tell me how I'm wrong, then how am I supposed to do anything about it? Its like you're trying to attack me without giving me a way out, which makes me feel you're not accepting changes on this read :c! Thank god I'm not Ryker and thank god that I don't think that tunneling is always a scum tell, because this looks like a preparation for just that! By the way, not both posts were used to paint the player as scum. Please don't imply that, since I didn't say it myself! ;-;! The questions he asked looked like attempts to paint Raziek as scummy for ruining his gambit. Sorry if you don't like it, but its just true to me! ._.! If you're curious, the main question I think thats an attempt at painting Raziek as scum is "What did you profit from interrupting me at that point instead of holding your cards?" Since the aggressive wording makes it look like he thinks Raziek is scummy for it.

In summary, his push on Boat is all over the place and is inconsistent with itself. When examined in context with the questions asked of him, it reads like scum trying to push a mislynch on Ryker.
Honestly I don't mind being lynched for this lol. It'll teach me to fix it for sure, anyways. Being all over the place and over-exaggerating things are problems I have as a player in any faction, which is why people say "Being Joey" or things like that instead of townie for me. Its part of being bad I guess. That and reacting before my reads are fully developed I guess. Either or.

./AtE :3!

Yeeeeeeeeeee! :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
so he tells a lie which attrmpts to keep LAK's role hidden. Please tell me how the **** this is scummy

also @erryone: when i claimed scum in my first post i was being facetious jfyi, you all seemed to miss it
Why would he do that for a posting restriction? All it does is distract the town, the mod, and the player LAK. Its not like hes doing it on purpose or something, which would make that acceptable. However, it was really obvious that it wasn't on purpose at all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This looks fun. I'm going to get into this when I get off V/LA Thursday.

@LAK: If I had more to say, I would have said it, but I'd really like to be best friends forever :)

I'll convince you when I start posting.

T-block

B2B TST

Pretty sure everyone knew it was a joke ;)

Hi btw... haven't played with you before, but looking forward to it.

Are you gonna be doing stuff soon though?

X1-12

Smash Champion
vote: Soupamario

@Everyone: I am honestly fine with sticking with a Soup lynch today. What do you think of that?
Fully willing to admit it's a policy thing. At this point, there's nothing else to go on. Looking at his past play, he's either distracting, or making terrible cases based on misrepresentation. So yeah... fine with him going at the moment.

Extra to that, look at what he's done in this game so far: three posts doing nothing, and one that even calls me out for trying to do something more than nothing.
Are you fine sticking with a Soup lynch? Or just fine with it at the moment? It looks like you made a ridiculous statement and now are trying to back out of it.
It's all good, Raziek. We can believe his claim.
Why so confident so early?
Yeh, I'm down for that marshy lynch.

vote: Marshy

Had you read my #28 when you posted this?

I gotta pack now, hopefully I'll get time for another post after I've done so then I'm going V/LA till Monday/tuesday

X1-12

Smash Champion
No, Boat made it out that the worst that could happen is its a waste of a bit of time, with best case being he gets a power-up. This is only true if Boat is town, if he were scum then agreeing to vote with him could power up scum, yet everyone seemed to go along with it.

Respond to the other stuff please

T-block

B2B TST
Are you fine sticking with a Soup lynch? Or just fine with it at the moment? It looks like you made a ridiculous statement and now are trying to back out of it.
I thought it was pretty clear it was an "until someone scummier appears" thing.

Where does it look like I'm trying to back out of anything?

Why so confident so early?
I was responding to Raziek saying this: "Considering it's the first post of the thread, and he claimed "Spiral Aligned anti-spiral", I see absolutely no reason why I should believe him."

Letting him know that Spiral Aligned anti-spiral actually does make sense.

The wording in my post was terrible. That's all I really meant to say.

No, Boat made it out that the worst that could happen is its a waste of a bit of time, with best case being he gets a power-up. This is only true if Boat is town, if he were scum then agreeing to vote with him could power up scum, yet everyone seemed to go along with it.
I see - so you think the marshy affair was potentially scummy on Boat's part?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
@T-block: Sweetie, why are Joey, Jtb, and Soup scummy to you? Why is Boaty town?

Also, I myself looked at the rules to see what Boat meant and also saw he was lying. It would have failed nonetheless. *wink*

X1-12

Smash Champion
@WL: My #28 highlights issues with voting marshy, yet you either ignored it or misunderstood it when you said you were fine with voting him - why?

@Today: How does the words: "Sticking with Soup today" imply that was only till something better came up?

T-block

B2B TST
@T-block: Sweetie, why are Joey, Jtb, and Soup scummy to you? Why is Boaty town?

Also, I myself looked at the rules to see what Boat meant and also saw he was lying. It would have failed nonetheless. *wink*
Can you like... read the thread before just asking questions like that?

JTB partly because he hasn't done anything other than the issue with Raziek. He was asking me questions early in the Day but never followed up on anything. Partly because of the way Joey mentions him. Overall it's not a strong lean for JTB.

Soup because of the contradiction between his RVS behaviour and his treatment of JTB's RVS behaviour, as well as the blatant following of WL in 42 and 47.

The other two have already been answered.

@Today: How does the words: "Sticking with Soup today" imply that was only till something better came up?
...lol Today

I suppose it doesn't. If you honestly think I would stick with a policy lynch suggested at the beginning of D1 despite any other points or evidence that came out, then I guess that's cool.

X1-12

Smash Champion
In context it very much looks like you are talking about game Days - You state that you want to stick with soup for the Day but later change your mind. I'm not misunderstanding your stance but instead pointing out an inconsistency in your play.

T-block

B2B TST
Nah, I won't deny that I was talking about game Days.

There's only an inconsistency because you're not seeing that it's implied that I would not stick with a policy lynch over a case with actual evidence.

X1-12

Smash Champion
The words "I'm fine to stick with soup toDay" In no way implies that you're going to change, yet you later change your mind. This is an inconsistency.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
T-block said:
Soup because of the contradiction between his RVS behaviour and his treatment of JTB's RVS behaviour, as well as the blatant following of WL in 42 and 47.
the stuff regarding marshy was a joke, and JTB was not apart of it, he did not know what we were talking about, and so therefore, did something completely different in RVS.

i didn't follow, i said i was curious of this myself, if someone just happens to agree with someone it isn't always 'blatant following.'

T-block

B2B TST
The words "I'm fine to stick with soup toDay" In no way implies that you're going to change, yet you later change your mind. This is an inconsistency.
As I said, the words themselves do not imply that. You're absolutely correct. I'm just saying I thought it would be obvious.

T-block

B2B TST
Getting to Joey's post eventually... haven't forgotten.

@Soup:

JTB, your entry into this game strikes me as off-color. I don't like it. Why?
THIS MAN.
THIS GLORIOUS MAN.
So I guess that confirms Marshy and Tom as non-presences. Welp.

vote: JTB
stop beating me to things jerk

Vote: JTB

i'm gonna act totally tsundere this game for you WL, s-stupid butthead.
This reads as "blatant" following to me. You never gave reasoning or anything for the jump on JTB, did you?

#HBC | ѕoup

WL said:
JTB, your entry into this game strikes me as off-color. I don't like it. Why?

Soupamario said:
THIS MAN.
THIS GLORIOUS MAN.
you just explained it, i was agreeing with WL and i had the suspicion, don't over-analyze ****, just because WL did it BEFORE me doesn't mean that it's warranted that i was following him.

#HBC | ѕoup

let me rephrase:

Just because you agree with someone doesn't mean that you are blatnatly following, WL ninjaed me, why do you think i said this.

vvvv

stop beating me to things jerk

Vote: JTB

i'm gonna act totally tsundere this game for you WL, s-stupid butthead.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Seriously guys?

Its like me playing in a smash bros mafia without knowing anything, and asking why that guy is going "Ha-cha! Oh, did I win?" at the end of all of his posts. Asking for something that is obvious to everyone else isn't going to help scum, therefor it isn't a scum tell. Its really that simple.

LAK's flavor was also REALLY obvious, so why are you mad at him for claiming
If it was really obvious, what was the point of claiming Leeron then?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think JTB is scummy because of the way he was attacking Raziek like that. That may be a personality issue, since he was really harsh with it and that may be bothering me, but whatever.
It's just me trying to find an appropriate play style.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
that was a huge skype joke, JTB, however, did something completely different.
It was pretty obvious that the marshy thing was a joke, I didn't see any reason to participate in it though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

I'm liking Raziek more since he's not just sitting on the sidelines anymore and actually doing something.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd like to be able to do more right now, but I'm still waiting on some explanations from Boat, and several players haven't posted yet. >_>

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
you just explained it, i was agreeing with WL and i had the suspicion, don't over-analyze ****, just because WL did it BEFORE me doesn't mean that it's warranted that i was following him.
actually those two posts would kinda insinuate you were following me. the latter one where you said i ninja'd you, yeh, sure, i'll give you that. this one? not so much.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Had you read my #28 when you posted this?
@WL: My #28 highlights issues with voting marshy, yet you either ignored it or misunderstood it when you said you were fine with voting him - why?
For something so facetious, you're making a big deal out of it. Strikes me as odd, it's RVS. If you had an issue with the marshy wagon, why didn't you, y'know, say something? If it was a joke, why did you bring it up to everyone who listened and then, when someone said it looked facetious, you suddenly dropped it? There's more intent to this than you're letting on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think JTB is scummy because of the way he was attacking Raziek like that. That may be a personality issue, since he was really harsh with it and that may be bothering me, but whatever.
What is it with you and aggressive players? Aggression=/=scum, never has, yet you dislike Broto's playstyle and you dislike JTB for being aggressive (or is it because he's cold?). These aren't scum tells and you're treating them as such.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yo, T-Bro, if you dislike Soup's following of me, what's your thoughts on Joey and Raziek feeding off each other?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Respond to the other stuff please
Oh hey, here's what I'm looking for. Now that it's out in the open, let me provide some reaction .gifs to properly sum up my response to this.

Such a huge ****ing reach for a point.

FoS X1

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'mma let T-Block get to it but Joey's #163 is garbage. Self-meta, AtE, and misconstruing a null tell as a scum tell all in one post made him look a lot worse in my eyes.

Top Bottom