• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I asked because I'm legitimately unsure of what course of action we as Town should take. As I said, I've only seen miller ONCE, and we had to deal with it by lynching Nabe to know for sure.
It's a null tell. Don't let his claim cover up for his future play.

Like lynching someone actually scummy?
Then who should we be looking at?

I'm not fishing for his role. It's clear that at least a few people in this thread understand his role, presumably those with flavor knowledge of the game. If so, it's unlikely that mafia DOESN'T know his soft claim.
You are fishing for flavor. With flavor in hand, mafia can speculate about their role.

As a Townie with no flavour knowledge (which at this rate, I may have to fix), I'd prefer not to be in the dark.
Don't bother with flavor, you should be pushing people because of how they play.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd like to see people back up their votes, given that all I've done is seek information that everyone else seems to already know. :urg:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ryker, ready to replace out with all these dense players?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
JTB, its really obvious that most people in here knew who he was. I think he may be one out of 2/3 that don't know if that.

Honestly, if someone had a posting style like that and didn't normally post like that, I would have asked the same thing if I didn't know a little bit (VERY little) of the flavor. Its very suspicious, plus people besides me obviously knew, so why couldn't I? It doesn't imply that they have a specific role, and I doubt that flavor knowledge won't benefit either side of the spectrum in a game where the flavor is REALLY popular like this. I don't think Raziek is scum for that and its a null tell at best.

In fact, JTB/WL look very suspicious for pushing this. I don't like how they're pushing this at all since I'm assuming they both know what LAK is getting at and they both know what this flavor is.

@LAK (Lol Cute little kanine... how did I get those mixed up), fix your post to add on the rule lol.

Vote: Boatchouli

Yeah you're lying so you're probably scum. :3

:172:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Are you stupid LAK? The information he is seeking is going to be available for everyone and it does nothing to help town.

If he wants to know flavor, he can go on wikipedia or something. Asking for flavor information has no place in this game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I asked because I'm legitimately unsure of what course of action we as Town should take. As I said, I've only seen miller ONCE, and we had to deal with it by lynching Nabe to know for sure.

Like lynching someone actually scummy?

I'm not fishing for his role. It's clear that at least a few people in this thread understand his role, presumably those with flavor knowledge of the game. If so, it's unlikely that mafia DOESN'T know his soft claim.

As a Townie with no flavour knowledge (which at this rate, I may have to fix), I'd prefer not to be in the dark.
I don't get it, not one bit!

I'm not sure if i understand what you are saying, just before you respected that i'd rather not say anything regarding flavor but now you'd rather not be left out on the dark? what gives?

furthermore:

It's unlikely that mafia DOESN'T know his soft claim.
*pops advil*

anyone that has watched the anime, mafia or not, could get some sort of tell from how is he posting, i stand by the fact that i will not out anything regarding such, but i do not like that you now feel that you must know what his 'soft-claim' is, when you should just be reading him in general and not on flavor speculation.

totally ninja'd by JTB but it's cool.

hey JTB, you were first to vote raziek, despite this little confrontation we've had, give me the D.L on your 'out of RVS vote.'

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why would you say that? What did you profit from interrupting me at that point instead of holding your cards?
Well, let's see. First, it was a lie.

Second, the combination of Ran/Ryu is just begging to be painted as a target by scum.

Third, the mod would have likely pointed it out anyway.

What did YOU stand to gain from it?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ryker your gambit was ******** as **** and anyone with eyes could have read the rules and figured that out. Stop acting like it was top tier **** when ANYONE could have pointed that out and ruined it just like that. Including LAK. Maybe you can actually scum hunt instead of trying to do this dumb ****.

ANYONE that has watched this anime probably KNOWS what flavor LAK has. Including scum. Raziek wouldn't be the only person on his scum team, and everyone else here pretty much knows what this flavor is except me, since I've only seen the first two episodes.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Are you stupid LAK? The information he is seeking is going to be available for everyone and it does nothing to help town.

If he wants to know flavor, he can go on wikipedia or something. Asking for flavor information has no place in this game.
Silly silly silly.

That will take quite a while for Raziek lovely Dovy to find out.

Raziek lovely I'm Leeron.

However my role I shall remain a secret.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Posting restriction is a null tell.

Scum reads so far are Boatchouli, JTB, and WL. Boatchouli being the strongest.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't get it, not one bit!

I'm not sure if i understand what you are saying, just before you respected that i'd rather not say anything regarding flavor but now you'd rather not be left out on the dark? what gives?
To clarify: I respect that the information won't be revealed. However,I lack information, which is why I asked. I won't be pressing the issue further.

anyone that has watched the anime, mafia or not, could get some sort of tell from how is he posting, i stand by the fact that i will not out anything regarding such, but i do not like that you now feel that you must know what his 'soft-claim' is, when you should just be reading him in general and not on flavor speculation.
Ok, so we'll drop the flavor talk.

Does anyone with a vote on me have a legitimate reason to vote me besides this alleged role-fishing confusion over flavour?

#HBC | ѕoup

Does anyone with a vote on me have a legitimate reason to vote me besides this alleged role-fishing confusion over flavour?
that is what i am trying to get the bottom of, hopefully JTB gives me something when he responds.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ryker your gambit was ******** as **** and anyone with eyes could have read the rules and figured that out. Stop acting like it was top tier **** when ANYONE could have pointed that out and ruined it just like that. Including LAK. Maybe you can actually scum hunt instead of trying to do this dumb ****.

ANYONE that has watched this anime probably KNOWS what flavor LAK has. Including scum. Raziek wouldn't be the only person on his scum team, and everyone else here pretty much knows what this flavor is except me, since I've only seen the first two episodes.

Joey please calm down, you always get so upset when ryker does this ****, but why? i think by now you would know ryker loves playing this game, gambit or not.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Haha I love this game.

ONE EPISODE LEFT.

Agreeing with JTB's push on Raziek btw.
This post smells bad, considering T-Block hasn't posted much (if at all) outside of RVS?

T-Block, WL, why so quick to hop a rather baseless wagon?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll give you my read on Raziek in a little bit Soup.

Role fishing aside, what avenue should we be taking Raziek? Who do you think is the scummiest so far?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Raziek lovy dovy is townie wonie. No way he would fake this, checking with scum buds would be his first thing.

Boatchouli's gambit makes me hate them, hard to say since they claimed miller with Nia with no CC so far.

JTB is scum super blending feel I got from him. Push on Raziek was awful.

unvote
vote: JTB

~ Red Ryu

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Seriously guys?

Its like me playing in a smash bros mafia without knowing anything, and asking why that guy is going "Ha-cha! Oh, did I win?" at the end of all of his posts. Asking for something that is obvious to everyone else isn't going to help scum, therefor it isn't a scum tell. Its really that simple.

LAK's flavor was also REALLY obvious, so why are you mad at him for claiming.

I hate Ryker's playstyle, and he can burn in hell for trying this ****, and getting mad at people when they **** it up for him when its really obvious that its not going to work is NOT townie to me at all. Ryker had NO REASON to try a gambit like that, especially since this one could be proven wrong by a simple read through the rules, which makes what hes doing a total waste of towns time. I know he's not dumb as all ****ing hell, so I'm going to assume hes scum. Its definitely enough for me to put my vote on him this early in the game.

Didn't even notice T-block agree'd like that ._.! Explain please?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll give you my read on Raziek in a little bit Soup.

Role fishing aside, what avenue should we be taking Raziek? Who do you think is the scummiest so far?
I'm inclined to say those that jumped my wagon with little/no reasoning, but I don't have very much to go on, and I recognize a personal flaw in my play in that I tend to feel players that attack me are scummy, even though they may not be. So I'm not going to rush out and OMGUS.

However, I'd like some explanations from T-Block and WL on why they jumped that wagon so quick.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
LAK, him not reading is a null tell since he said he would be watching the rest of this anime in RVS ._.!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This is dumb. Red Ruy, that claim was trash and unnecessary at this stage of the game but it's out there and I'm mad about it and there's nothing I can do anymore. All it does is add unnecessary WIFOM about your role and paints you as a target for Night Actions, providing you're not faking everything.

ALso why the **** are you FoSing a player for not being here. You, of all ****ing people, should unerstand that's not suspicious activity. Gogdammit why are people ********.

Raziek, I don't need a huge ****ing laundry list of scum tells to put a vote on you. It's d1. It started less than 24 hours ago and we just got out of RVS. JTB made a grand point that you were fishing for information you probably wouldn't have (the whole "oh he woulda cross-checked it with his scumbuds" point is WIFOM and therefore trashgarbage) and I voted you on it.

Joey said:
I hate Ryker's playstyle, and he can burn in hell for trying this ****, and getting mad at people when they **** it up for him when its really obvious that its not going to work is NOT townie to me at all. Ryker had NO REASON to try a gambit like that, especially since this one could be proven wrong by a simple read through the rules, which makes what hes doing a total waste of towns time. I know he's not dumb as all ****ing hell, so I'm going to assume hes scum. Its definitely enough for me to put my vote on him this early in the game.
I'm chalking up your Boat suspicions to the same level as TBro's Soup policy wagon. Saying things like "I hate Ryker's playstyle" and "He set up a gambit" suggest that you merely hate his playstyle. Attacking him for gambits is also trash.

T-block

B2B TST
I meant that I agreed with the role-fishing accusation. This defense is legit though:

Raziek said:

Not much to say... I was skimming between episodes, so I saw the fish on the surface and I agreed with it. Terrible excuse I know, but I'm all here now.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
This is dumb. Red Ruy, that claim was trash and unnecessary at this stage of the game but it's out there and I'm mad about it and there's nothing I can do anymore. All it does is add unnecessary WIFOM about your role and paints you as a target for Night Actions, providing you're not faking everything.

ALso why the **** are you FoSing a player for not being here. You, of all ****ing people, should unerstand that's not suspicious activity. Gogdammit why are people ********.

Raziek, I don't need a huge ****ing laundry list of scum tells to put a vote on you. It's d1. It started less than 24 hours ago and we just got out of RVS. JTB made a grand point that you were fishing for information you probably wouldn't have (the whole "oh he woulda cross-checked it with his scumbuds" point is WIFOM and therefore trashgarbage) and I voted you on it.

I'm chalking up your Boat suspicions to the same level as TBro's Soup policy wagon. Saying things like "I hate Ryker's playstyle" and "He set up a gambit" suggest that you merely hate his playstyle. Attacking him for gambits is also trash.
Sweeite 8-& of the game knows who I am. Why should Sweetie Raziek Lovy Dovy whom has Yink should not know about this?

Every lovable person knows who I am based on what Soup baby said and others did.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What "grand point"? Everyone who knows the flavour knew immediately.

I don't. All of a sudden that's rolefishing? I feel like I'm the one guy who didn't get the joke, and somehow that's my fault.

I can accept JTB getting the ball rolling by saying that, but it's not wagon-worthy, and certainly not scummy.

T-Block is back and has given a legitimate john. You however, I'm not buying.

vote: Washed Laundry

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How the **** is it not wagon worthy? I don't need a ****ing grand case on someone on page gogdamn three. You made a scummy action, something legitimately scummy, and I called you on it. Sitting here and downplaying it or writing it off as not scummy play (when it is) doesn't really raise my opinion of you either. Your entire play, outside of fishing, has been mostly reactionary to the people on your wagon or agreeing to your wagon as well. I don't like that. You have a problem with people on your wagon? Instead of, y'know, attacking it, why don't you explain to me how information-fishing is a null tell? Because it's flavor and you didn't know?

@The *****: I get it. I get what you were doing. I just hate that you did it because it seems so frivolous at this point in the game.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh... Okay.

Honestly, I don't care if you think that way. This gambit was in no way townie at all, and because of that hes the second most scummy player this game. I'm not going to let meta tells change that.

And then there was you.

Unvote
Vote: Washed Laundry

Your vote on Raziek is absolute ****, and your defense is even worse. Once again, asking for something that is very clearly obvious isn't scummy at all, and thats your ONLY reason for voting him, which makes it look worse. I don't like it one bit at all, and I'm willing to say that you're scum for this vote and wagoning.

T-Block is null.

Washed > Boatchouli > JTB.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Let me make myself clear.

I did not outright say "TELL ME HIS ROLE GUYS, HURRR".

I asked for elaboration. What I had in mind specifically was a character name, because clearly the posting style was so obvious that everyone who knew the flavour knew. Did you expect me to go out of my way to watch every episode just to know what everyone else does, when I could just ask?

Asking something that everyone else already knows is not "information fishing", especially when it's flavour related.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't. All of a sudden that's rolefishing? I feel like I'm the one guy who didn't get the joke, and somehow that's my fault.
this is why i'm feeling sympathy and somewhat understanding raziek, i do not like the information-fishing, but it comes with an understanding of what is going on, ergo, it is a scummy motive, but i do not think the attitude is scummy.

Top Bottom