• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How is the gambit not townie? Sell me on that. Don't just sit here and spew baseless bull**** without backing it up.

@Raziek: Fair enough.

unvote vote: Soup

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hi WL, i don't think i've had this oppurtunity to dance with you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, let's see. First, it was a lie.

Second, the combination of Ran/Ryu is just begging to be painted as a target by scum.

Third, the mod would have likely pointed it out anyway.

What did YOU stand to gain from it?
I still want a reply to this from Boat, but...

Washed, if you'd like to help me understand, what exactly would Boat stand to gain from said gambit?

You seem to think it was Town. I don't see any other motive besides confusing a playerslot known for somewhat inept play, which looks to me like scum fishing for an easy target.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hi. Are you actually going to do anything of worth other than sit here and post fluff or state a town read or two? I know you hunt scum with your *** first but simultaneously I'd appreciate some more input from you than the occasional town read.

I never suggested I found it to be town. I find it to be null because that's what Ryker does. I can't read what he's doing with that information at this time but, if he's town, we'll find out.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Is boat scum for the gambit?

Nope. Not that alone, at least, which is why my vote was moved so easily.

@WL: Oh cool

why would a townie make up such a big lie like that? It could be proven wrong EXTREMELY easily, and it held NO purpose at all except getting LAK confused with his role and making him ask the mod stuff in private, which is just a HUGE distraction to LAK and this game as a whole. The fact that he could even try to call him scummy through that (which was probably the point of that based on how he talked about LAK before the gambit and in the post of the gambit) is simply mind-blowing to me. The gambit had NO value whatsoever, and the fact that he actually got mad at someone for pointing out the REALLY obvious is simply ******** and I think he's scummy for this whole thing.

:172:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@Joey: The more I mull it, the more I somewhat agree with it. I want Broto to say a bit more on the matter but, if I'm reading you right, the thing that makes him suspicious isn't the fact that he pulled a gambit--that's a null tell at worst--but the fact that he attacked Red Ruy and you think that's opportunistic, correct?

@Raziek: I was paraphrasing Joey, from his 117.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hi. Are you actually going to do anything of worth other than sit here and post fluff or state a town read or two? I know you hunt scum with your *** first but simultaneously I'd appreciate some more input from you than the occasional town read.

Raziek is null-leaning town, and i disagree with the wagon on him.

JTB has just given insight a blind bat could see, you know it, and i know it that everyone was just grinning at what raziek was saying regarding LAK.

i am null on JTB, his push is warranted but not strikingly wonderful, as i'm seeing by you.

got a town read on you for (gasp) meta reasons (gasp) and that the whole cluster**** between this is just my opnion vs. your opnion

joey is being joey, probably town
Tbro is borderline null, but i'll have to see more from him.

anyone else not really important right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

I didn't like the RVS stuff, even if it was RVS, stuff like "Ran, i'm claiming scum, how you feel about this" is kinda moot to me and i haven't seen this sorta play from JTB either.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
A read? If he's town, I can't imagine him looking for anyone else. Town Ryker's motives are all about getting reads on people and getting information from people. He'll attack people either for not giving him things he needs (a read on them) or because he thinks they're scum.

I don't know if he's town. I can't tell what he'd do with the information from LAK based on that regard. Maybe see if the ***** is faking it? This is one of the few instances that I didn't manage to see what he was doing with it, mostly because it was ruined preemptively. Let him work through his **** if you want his motive, it's usually damn obvious by the end of it.

So, right now, I want **** out of Boat. I already have one question sitting there for him and I'd also like to know what he was doing with his gambit as well.

T-block

B2B TST
Don't like that answer - that doesn't tell me anything. What didn't you like about the RVS stuff? Was the vote based only on meta then?

Interesting that you managed to parrot WL twice, isn't it?

#HBC | ѕoup

i just said what i didn't like.

A part of it, yes, the other point is that it reads to me as pointless.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
...I thought I posted this, but whatever.

Yeah, you're pretty much right WL.

Unvote

I think JTB is scummy because of the way he was attacking Raziek like that. That may be a personality issue, since he was really harsh with it and that may be bothering me, but whatever.

I'm going to rethink my reads through this game, since WL is making me feel better about him. Going to leave my vote on Boatchouli until I'm done, since he's probably going to stay where he is read wise since he hasn't done anything recently.

Vote: Boatchouli

Miller claim is null. Honestly, I don't believe it at all, but its null.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Wasn't directed at me, but I'm actually feeling a bit more like maybe Boat should die.

I don't like the gambit, and the miller claim is just going to cause some confusion.

unvote

vote: Boatchouli

Yeah, that's fine till we get some answers.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
T-block why?

The problem with this is that he isn't going to be like "JK guys!" if he didn't have the restriction. He would contact the mod or read the rules and thats the end of that. There is no positive side to that gambit that I can see at all.

#HBC | ѕoup

that was a huge skype joke, JTB, however, did something completely different.

hmmm..boatchouli wagon

Alright, reading this ****.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
You guys look dumb. I'm still working on DGames Tier List since everyone is online right now.

I'll explain why you're dumb when I have time.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Boatchouli? Calling us dumb?

LOL

Don't kid yourself. Get in here and actually do something.

#HBC | ѕoup

really tired guys, i'll deal with this later actually.

T-block

B2B TST
Posting restriction is a null tell.

Scum reads so far are Boatchouli, JTB, and WL. Boatchouli being the strongest.

Hi Joey. This seems to contradict your 125. What made you so sure in this quote, yet you say your vote is easily moved in 125? If the gambit alone is not enough for a scum read, what else is there?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Two things besides the gambit.

1) Attacking LAK in post 65. Ryker is using his dumb usual playstyle, sure, but notice how he's attacking LAK for his posting restriction and telling him to decease for that and nothing more. Don't like it one bit.

2) Attacking Raziek in 88 for proving something REALLY obvious wrong. It looks really bad and it makes me feel that he's trying to paint Raziek as scum for ruining a really bad gambit, which I don't agree with at all. He's basically attacking Raziek for pointing out the obvious.

It was easily moved because of the fact that his gambit as a whole is ordinary of Ryker. Do I agree with it? Not one bit. But that alone shouldn't make it a scum read. However, after thinking about it, the posts before and after the gambit add on to make the gambit look worse, and I don't like any of those three posts at all.

T-block

B2B TST
65 and 88 are clearly related to the gambit. Do you honestly think his 88 is scummy?

Even with Raziek ruining it, I still gleaned something from his gambit. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yes, I do.

He's attacking Raziek for stating the obvious. I don't agree with it at all.

The only thing the gambit did was show that people didn't read the rules looool. Unless you count LAK asking the mod to confirm the rule as something, which it shouldn't count as anything. If I was told that in the rules, it stated that there were no (Insert my character's name here) in the game, then I would ask the mod to confirm that rule as well. Of course, I would read the rules afterwords and figure out that there wasn't one, but still. It doesn't prove anything.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4

I never suggested I found it to be town. I find it to be null because that's what Ryker does. I can't read what he's doing with that information at this time but, if he's town, we'll find out.
Hey Sweetie.

Give me a single lovy dovy good reason for his ******** gambit.

You seem *wink wink* sure his gambit was good why is that?

T-block

B2B TST
Joey is my number one scumpick.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the fact that I think Ryker is town. The attack itself is scummy.

Yeah you're lying so you're probably scum. :3
First vote. Says Boatchouli is lying therefore scum.

Ryker your gambit was ******** as **** and anyone with eyes could have read the rules and figured that out. Stop acting like it was top tier **** when ANYONE could have pointed that out and ruined it just like that. Including LAK. Maybe you can actually scum hunt instead of trying to do this dumb ****.

ANYONE that has watched this anime probably KNOWS what flavor LAK has. Including scum. Raziek wouldn't be the only person on his scum team, and everyone else here pretty much knows what this flavor is except me, since I've only seen the first two episodes.
Rather angry post over something as silly as the gambit pulled. Why is he getting so worked up over this? I can't see any reason to be.

Posting restriction is a null tell.

Scum reads so far are Boatchouli, JTB, and WL. Boatchouli being the strongest.
States very clearly that Boatchouli is his top scum read.

I hate Ryker's playstyle, and he can burn in hell for trying this ****, and getting mad at people when they **** it up for him when its really obvious that its not going to work is NOT townie to me at all. Ryker had NO REASON to try a gambit like that, especially since this one could be proven wrong by a simple read through the rules, which makes what hes doing a total waste of towns time. I know he's not dumb as all ****ing hell, so I'm going to assume hes scum. Its definitely enough for me to put my vote on him this early in the game.
Feels forced - blowing things way out of proportion and exaggerates the detriment to town. Note that he never asks Ryker for the reason behind his gambit and jumps straight to saying he had "NO REASON" to do so. In any case, note the strong scum sentiments he's feeling. The most important part of this post is that he explicitly states that he thinks Boat is scum BECAUSE he questions the motivations behind the gambit.

Oh... Okay.

Honestly, I don't care if you think that way. This gambit was in no way townie at all, and because of that hes the second most scummy player this game. I'm not going to let meta tells change that.
Again, states strongly that Boat is scummy, just surpassed by WL.

unvote

Joey, is Boat scum for the gambit?
Is boat scum for the gambit?

Nope. Not that alone, at least, which is why my vote was moved so easily.

@WL: Oh cool

why would a townie make up such a big lie like that? It could be proven wrong EXTREMELY easily, and it held NO purpose at all except getting LAK confused with his role and making him ask the mod stuff in private, which is just a HUGE distraction to LAK and this game as a whole. The fact that he could even try to call him scummy through that (which was probably the point of that based on how he talked about LAK before the gambit and in the post of the gambit) is simply mind-blowing to me. The gambit had NO value whatsoever, and the fact that he actually got mad at someone for pointing out the REALLY obvious is simply ******** and I think he's scummy for this whole thing.
Note the pointed, almost threatening tone of the original question. Now note the response, which actually states two things: one is that he had more on Boat than just the gambit; the other is that his scum read on Boat wasn't that strong.

He had not brought up any other evidence against Boat before those. Even in this post he doesn't offer anything - isn't it implied that I am asking for other evidence if it exists? Moreover, why is he suddenly saying that his vote was easily moved from Boat, implying that he never had that strong of a read on him? That's certainly not the impression I got from reading his earlier posts, and I read this as Joey backing down and covering his tracks after being confronted about his stances.

The question "why would a townie make up such a big lie" is completely illogical. It's equally valid to ask "why would scum make up such a big lie". He is again implying that Boat is scum, and backing it up with a null tell.

I'm going to rethink my reads through this game, since WL is making me feel better about him. Going to leave my vote on Boatchouli until I'm done, since he's probably going to stay where he is read wise since he hasn't done anything recently.

And then he puts his vote back on Boatchouli. Nothing significant here that I can see, but I thought I'd include it for the sake of completeness.

Hi Joey. This seems to contradict your 125. What made you so sure in this quote, yet you say your vote is easily moved in 125? If the gambit alone is not enough for a scum read, what else is there?
Two things besides the gambit.

1) Attacking LAK in post 65. Ryker is using his dumb usual playstyle, sure, but notice how he's attacking LAK for his posting restriction and telling him to decease for that and nothing more. Don't like it one bit.

2) Attacking Raziek in 88 for proving something REALLY obvious wrong. It looks really bad and it makes me feel that he's trying to paint Raziek as scum for ruining a really bad gambit, which I don't agree with at all. He's basically attacking Raziek for pointing out the obvious.

It was easily moved because of the fact that his gambit as a whole is ordinary of Ryker. Do I agree with it? Not one bit. But that alone shouldn't make it a scum read. However, after thinking about it, the posts before and after the gambit add on to make the gambit look worse, and I don't like any of those three posts at all.
Only after he is explicitly asked for other points against Boat does he provide anything, and they are weak. Both involve Boat attacking two players for their playstyle, and Joey misrepresents them as attempts to paint the targets as scum. Coming from Ryker, I saw neither of those posts as an attempt to paint the target as scum, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would think Joey has played with Ryker enough to realize that too. These points are not contributing to his "scum read"; they are points he reached for after being confronted about the basis of his read.

In summary, his push on Boat is all over the place and is inconsistent with itself. When examined in context with the questions asked of him, it reads like scum trying to push a mislynch on Ryker.

Top Bottom