• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
K, I'm all caught up now. I'll take Boat, LAK, and Raziek as town all for the shenanigins that was Ryker's gambit. I'd be ok with a JTB and X1 lynch, I like the points WL brings up agianst X1 and I can agree to the fact that JTB's play is a little off color, I also don't like the subtle buddying imo that he did with Ryker near the beginining. Can't say much in the way of Soup v Wash other than that I feel WL is making out Soup's play to be worse than it actually is. Town hunting isn't that bad but if Soup had continued to do it I guess it would be more of a problem. T-Blocks case against Joey has a lot of legit points but I can't tell if that is just because Joey is being too sporadic to remember his own stances and as a result keeps contradicting himself. I think that's everything.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Literally have read nothing at the moment and am too out of it to do anything at the moment, but tomorrow I'll be letting my big muscles shine through so look forward to it

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I've only been able to read up to about 13 out of 25. I'm going to be gone until Wednesday. If this is too long I can be replaced, otherwise I'll fully catch up when I return.

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I lied when I said I was going to read a few days ago, I'm actually doing it now!

come at me

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
All read, I'll be getting into mafia stuff but right now its going to be better for me to kick back a lil.

So T-Block, my buddy, listen to this little anecdote from while I was V/LA. So I have this friend who I talk to about everything, but sometimes I worry about him not having my best interests at heart. Like if I told him an embarrassing secret, he might share it with everyone else and they'd all laugh at me. Of course I know beyond a doubt I can trust him, so I share things with him all the time and we watch out for each other.

Its not the most thrilling story, but Gurren Lagann is all about bros, so I think it makes sense in this context, right hombre?

T-block

B2B TST
Hi inactives

Zen, Glyph, AA, Gova:

Please comment on
  • My case on Joey
  • Your opinion of Soup
  • Your opinion of Raziek

Once you're caught up.

Thanks

asianaussie

Smash Hero
@T-block

i preferred your case on joey in comparison to his defence, but idc much about either side, seems like TvT tbh

nothing special comes to mind when i think soup

i think people overreacted to raziek early on and i don't think he's scum

yawning lots, rereading more on soup, WL and JTB since i nothing comes to mind when i think of them

asianaussie

Smash Hero
what i meant to say was i didn't see anything scummy from him in his defence rather than implying he was town

i just think his hate for the gambit was overblown by people and he's been making a lot of what appear to be misunderstandings

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
what i meant to say was i didn't see anything scummy from him in his defence rather than implying he was town

i just think his hate for the gambit was overblown by people and he's been making a lot of what appear to be misunderstandings
Well what you said was that he was part of a TvT argument. The T stand for Town. As in "I have a read on him and it's Town" Town. What's your real read on him?

And you think his hate for the gambit was blown out of proportion? He's the one that blew it up so much. I want you to point out where you saw people exaggerating his stance, and where you saw people misunderstanding him.
I also want input from Joey on whether or not any reinterpretations of his posts you make are correct.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@AA what are you doing posting in ths game arfent you dead<

Anyway, thiwnk it'd time to ahmmer July. Unless this beween Gova and Kuzingateor will continhue then we're just kinda geing dumb.

T-block

B2B TST
i preferred your case on joey in comparison to his defence, but idc much about either side, seems like TvT tbh
Seconding Boat's questions on this. Please do get on that re-read then.

i think people overreacted to raziek early on and i don't think he's scum
Elaborate? Which parts of Raziek's play did people overreact to? Is this a null read on Raziek then? Is there anything that makes you think he is actually town, as opposed to not scum?

T-block

B2B TST
If I could vote all the inactives, I would.

JTB isn't just inactive though... when he does post, he just blends like mad.

He also seems to be the one most of us can agree on. We're running out of time, and I'd like to see a claim by Wednesday at the latest - earlier if possible since I'll be V/LA after Wednesday.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
I think the better question isn't why should you believe him but rather why do you believe him, as that flip to X1 suggests. I imagine Raziek's responded to this already, but if he hasn't, feel free to answer first. I don't want Broat's answer polluting yours.
Joey is definitely scum but if you think that X1 isn't scum then I might need to take you to the glasses store and get you some reading glasses. Like some broken eyed glasses wearing nerd who wears glasses because his eyes are broken and need glasses.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
If I could vote all the inactives, I would.

JTB isn't just inactive though... when he does post, he just blends like mad.

He also seems to be the one most of us can agree on. We're running out of time, and I'd like to see a claim by Wednesday at the latest - earlier if possible since I'll be V/LA after Wednesday.
The one the most of us can agree on? Do you not see my pushes on Joey and X1? X1 is just as much of a target as JTB is. Why shouldn't we push him?
And we have 3.5 days left. That's not "running out of time" at all. Your argument is weak.

Also upon rereading I saw this:
Haha I love this game.

ONE EPISODE LEFT.

Agreeing with JTB's push on Raziek btw.
Agree with JTB's weak push on Raziek for essentially not knowing the flavor. Don't like it at all.

Null:
Raziek

Leaning scum:
JTB
Soup

Scum:
Joey
Then you list Raziek as null and JTB as leaning scum when I didn't see any significant change in the argument. I didn't even see JTB make that many more posts. How can your opinion have shifted so drastically?

Not to mention you have Joey as scum here. Not leaning scum, scum.
I also have Joey on my scumlist. Why wouldn't you want to push Joey over JTB if you also see how scummy Joey's being?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm trying to go over individual players T-block, but between 502's and with search being disabled now, it's not going well at all.

T-block

B2B TST
At the pace this game is going, I would say 3.5 days is running out of time.

Guess you missed my 111 in your re-read:

I meant that I agreed with the role-fishing accusation. This defense is legit though:

Not much to say... I was skimming between episodes, so I saw the fish on the surface and I agreed with it. Terrible excuse I know, but I'm all here now.
Agreed on X1-12 being as scummy as JTB, but pushing X1-12 doesn't make this game move like pushing JTB does. Plus, X1 just got back from V/LA, so I'll be expecting a post from him soon, whereas JTB, as far as I know, has no such excuse. And look, I got a response from him ^ =o

What's your plan, Boat? Joey lynch seems unlikely because people insist on dismissing his scumminess as just bad play.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Joey is definitely scum but if you think that X1 isn't scum then I might need to take you to the glasses store and get you some reading glasses. Like some broken eyed glasses wearing nerd who wears glasses because his eyes are broken and need glasses.
My avatar fits perfectly then!

No but seriously, I never questioned your X1 scum read, he's also one of mine, but I'm just curious why you suddenly flipped off Joey like that.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Just started from basically the beginning since I browsed most of the early stuff on phone and didn't remember it.

JTB, its really obvious that most people in here knew who he was. I think he may be one out of 2/3 that don't know if that.

Honestly, if someone had a posting style like that and didn't normally post like that, I would have asked the same thing if I didn't know a little bit (VERY little) of the flavor. Its very suspicious, plus people besides me obviously knew, so why couldn't I? It doesn't imply that they have a specific role, and I doubt that flavor knowledge won't benefit either side of the spectrum in a game where the flavor is REALLY popular like this. I don't think Raziek is scum for that and its a null tell at best.

In fact, JTB/WL look very suspicious for pushing this. I don't like how they're pushing this at all since I'm assuming they both know what LAK is getting at and they both know what this flavor is.

@LAK (Lol Cute little kanine... how did I get those mixed up), fix your post to add on the rule lol.

Vote: Boatchouli

Yeah you're lying so you're probably scum. :3

:172:
Ryker your gambit was ******** as **** and anyone with eyes could have read the rules and figured that out. Stop acting like it was top tier **** when ANYONE could have pointed that out and ruined it just like that. Including LAK. Maybe you can actually scum hunt instead of trying to do this dumb ****.

ANYONE that has watched this anime probably KNOWS what flavor LAK has. Including scum. Raziek wouldn't be the only person on his scum team, and everyone else here pretty much knows what this flavor is except me, since I've only seen the first two episodes.

:172:
The first quote has a bunch of disconnect between what he's saying and where he's voting which raises eyebrows, coupled with this in between these two posts he seems to flip between the gambit being scummy and being dumb. In #97 he goes back and lists him as a scumtell again. Joey gives reasoning for this later in #106 but its weaksauce so it doesn't make me feel any better about him. Coming back to this I see T-block has already posted about a bunch of this stuff but I'll leave it in anyway

@LAK: You shouldn't take the fact that Boat is unCCed to mean he's telling the truth, aside from the fact Miller isn't always used, there still could be a miller in this game without knowing it.

Raziek's #114 Makes me feel very comfortable with him. I feel his defence is completely legit and the way he posted looks like he was genuinely just posting his thought process as he responded - His vote on Washed is dumb imo but genuine. Washed attacking him for not explaining why this case of information fishing is null right after this post also makes me dislike washed. Washed's entire #116 looks like kicking up a big fuss over very little

2) Attacking Raziek in 88 for proving something REALLY obvious wrong. It looks really bad and it makes me feel that he's trying to paint Raziek as scum for ruining a really bad gambit, which I don't agree with at all. He's basically attacking Raziek for pointing out the obvious.
Anyone who even glances at #88 by Ryker will realise that this is utter bull**** coming from Joey. Ryker doesn't try in any way to paint him as scum in that post.

T-Block has covered a lot of what I'm attacking Joey for, with strikingly similar reasoning which makes me feel better about him, despite many of his smaller posts looking real weaksauce. On this topic Joey's defence against T-Block looks odd. Check out the last two big paragraphs of #163, full of random rhetorical questions and both trying to satirise and kinda strawman T-block's case.

For something so facetious, you're making a big deal out of it. Strikes me as odd, it's RVS. If you had an issue with the marshy wagon, why didn't you, y'know, say something? If it was a joke, why did you bring it up to everyone who listened and then, when someone said it looked facetious, you suddenly dropped it? There's more intent to this than you're letting on.
I was being facetious, but making an important point by being facetious, as a matter of fact me beign facetious was me saying something, and constantly bringing it up with the people who jumped on the marshy wagon was showing that I had an issue with it. Me suddenly dropping it is called going V/LA bro - Seriously this attack is grimy as hell. In response to your #199 I'm sorry it took you so long to get my point man.

@T-Block: How much of DKR have you read?

Do you have a problem with the reasoning for his change of vote, or just the contradiction that he's no longer pushing a Soup lynch today.

And please don't tell me you're trying to put a snake in WL's boot for voting Marshy.

I don't like you. At all. You're reads are in all the wrong places.
I take issue with his lack of conviction to sticking to his original plan of lynching soup, he flops straight away from it at the first opportunity, also, what do you mean my reads are in the wrong places? I had 8 posts at this point, and I'm pretty sure I'd given no real reads in them. If I make some attacks from which you could infer my reads, there definitely wasn't enough there to substantiate "your reads are in all the wrong places". Your later vote on me for either this reasoning or no reasoning is also grimy

@T-Block: Soup I'm null on and Raziek town, for reasons stated earlier and a similar feel consistent in his posts

Vote: Joey

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright, that response is so absolutely confusing, illogical, and bad that I have to go take a break and calm down and try to figure out a way to approach it.

Like, "HEY I'MMA MAKE A JOKE OUT OF SOMETHING OH WAIT IT WAS SERIOUS GUYS, HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME HEY GUYS HEY GUYS I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT OUT OF A JOKE LOOK AT ME OH YOU RESPONDED COOL KTHNXBYE"

then gone. nothing. I get the V/LA but the second T-Block responded, you practically dropped it. I don't care that you went V/LA, you practically dropped the point before you were done talking to him.

Also there was no harm done in the marshy wagon. IT was a joke. It was an obvious joke, and the mod confirmed it was a joke. Why you proceeded to make a huge ****ing deal out of it, even after all of those facts had become obvious, is well-beyond me and the only motive I can extract from that is looking for a scum tell on people for something that was an obvious joke in RVS.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Washed's entire #116 looks like kicking up a big fuss over very little
Also there was no harm done in the marshy wagon. IT was a joke. It was an obvious joke, and the mod confirmed it was a joke. Why you proceeded to make a huge ****ing deal out of it, even after all of those facts had become obvious, is well-beyond me and the only motive I can extract from that is looking for a scum tell on people for something that was an obvious joke in RVS.
Just thought i'd point this out, it's pot, kettle.

Not sure if i like the sudden rage given off WL, but i'll take it as null.

JTB is ****ing forever useless, he needs to get in here and do something but my vote is so pointless where it is agh

unvote

re-reading, been skimming but it seems stuff is picking back up again.

Top Bottom