• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@Soup: That whole paragraph was about Joey, so yeah, that's what I said.

Let's do this then.

unvote
vote: Tandora

I just remembered he replaced out. The replacement is null to me (did he give a reason?), and I'm still okay with the lynch because we're lynching him for being scummy, not for being inactive. Plus, I don't want to deal with a replacement (sorry Tandora ;_;)
Joey hasn't told me specifically why he had to replace out, but I would guess it's because of band camp.

I've been skimming the game, so I'm generally aware of what is going on. I do need a full reread which I will attempt to start tonight.

For those who feel Joey is scummy, please give reasons why. I am aware he's been very AtE and emotional in general this game. However, I do ask that you look at the player and his preferred playstyle and not a "correct" way of playing. Those of you who have played with Joey before know he tends to get upset when he's town because he is emotionally invested.

During my casual read, I had pegged him as town based on this personal preference of play.

The person I want to look at most during my reread will be Zen. He's been generally quiet from what I've noted and a quiet Zen is usually scum Zen.

Also, Boat, are you still standing by your Miller claim? I obviously noted that from post 1, but I don't know if you are still claiming it. Also, you mentioned "Daddy". Is the word "Daddy" used in your pm? Not Father or some other word referring to the parental unit?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Sorry my lovelies~ Will be catching up shortly.

Hello Tandy darling. The first thing that caught my eye was you saying quiet zen = scum zen. Did you honestly forget the Kittens vs Domo's game hun? Zen was also a bit quiet but it seems he ALSO has been v/la or something?

Tandy, are you saying Joey doesn't get as upset when he is scum? ;)

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4

Let's do this then.

unvote

I just remembered he replaced out. The replacement is null to me (did he give a reason?), and I'm still okay with the lynch because we're lynching him for being scummy, not for being inactive. Plus, I don't want to deal with a replacement (sorry Tandora ;_;)
Baby this is soooo scummy because you didn't even give the replacement a chance to give content, reads, and a defense of the slot in question. Eww eww. : [

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Sorry my lovelies~ Will be catching up shortly.

Hello Tandy darling. The first thing that caught my eye was you saying quiet zen = scum zen. Did you honestly forget the Kittens vs Domo's game hun? Zen was also a bit quiet but it seems he ALSO has been v/la or something?

Tandy, are you saying Joey doesn't get as upset when he is scum? ;)
Zen was pretty active in my opinion in KvD. He didn't use his vote right away, but he did have input which as I said I haven't noticed in my initial read. That's why I want to give him special attention when I do a reread. And I agree that V/LA can screw up reads.

I have never seen him get emotional as scum, so if you have a good example, please throw it my way. I know I don't follow games I'm not in, so he very well could be the queen of scum tantrums and I wouldn't know.

I'll throw the question back at you, Ranmaru. Do you think Joey doesn't get as upset when he's scum?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Hmmm, you may have a point darling. I mistook his passiveness there as being quiet here. I would like to see more from him and I value what he may have to say as a player.

I have only seen Joey as scum in DKR, but I don't really know what he would do or think as scum. So I always have him as null.

I do not know. The only Joey scum I have witnessed was barely when he was caught under heavy fire in DKR. At that time he seemed like a robot, as if he was in POSITION TO TAKE A HIT. You understand? Like, when someone says "I'm going to hit you" and you just say "K I'll man up and TAKE IT" and the person TAKES IT? Oh, a better word! Hee hee! He would ENDURE the accusations as scum, as if he is guilty of something (of being scum)

Sometimes I would be very confused and I was REALLY gunning for him in RE4 because he was really being anti-town and I didn't like it at ALL. He was town it seemed, so he doesn't seem to see the motivation behind things and just gets emotionally deep... ugh I mean like, deeply gets into emotional situations in mafia I guess lol. :3 A great example would be him defending me from Boat's gambit. Hmmm, what I AM noticing and I think you may notice too is that Joey seems to defend alot, and HARD CORE. I remember in K v D that he defended Swords and sort of condemned Fynal but didn't really take a strong stance from it. I later thought this scummy of him but I then re-vised the read because he seems to fight for what he BELIEVES in even though he may be wrong. ;)

Basically I wouldn't think he could fake frustration. Although this is not the only thing I would look at from his play.

Sorry for the long post hun.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the long post hun.
No problem, it's a good post because you're taking what I'm saying into consideration. I like seeing your thinking process.

Here's mine after my recent reread:

Raziek - I really like your play this game. Even before I replaced it, I felt you were town from your questions that you stated. I know some people treated you as role fishing from LAK's posting style, but I could tell you were sincerely confused by what they were doing. Would you consider holding my hand this game?

T-block and WashedLaundry I both consider town. I think they've been really good on asking questions and pushing issues.

Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth) - I am leaning town based on playstyle more than claim. I do find it interesting that there has been no counterclaim on the Nia character, but as KvD proved, sometimes someone can make a fake claim and not be cc. Regardless, I do get the usual Ryker superiority attitude, but Moth's general towniness is there too.

Lovably Adorable Kanine (RR/Ranmaru) - A little too much general fluffiness in your posts, but your character claim and last post made me feel you're town.

Soupamario - Actually is playing the most sane I've ever seen out of him. Not sure if scum or he's learned a better town style. =3

Glyph - I don't like your inactivity and you repeating that you'll get to the game later. It's way scummy. I'm willing to give you the benefit of a doubt for now because of the breadcrumb, but don't depend on it to take you to end game. Start giving input, replace, or die.

Zen - Willing to give him some leeway because of his V/LA. I do want to see more input from you too. You're a strong town player and I want you to be on our side this game. Makes it a lot more fun when you're on the ball.

asianaussie - Lack of input and activity has AA on my scum list.

Gova - I also want to see more from Gova.

X1-12 - I'd like more activity from you. So far you're null to me. I can see where you could be making legit cases, but you can fake town as scum better than most. IGMYEOU

JTB - I agree his style is off. Inactive, fluffy posts. Doesn't fit.

VOTE JTB

T-block

B2B TST
unvote

Answer me please T-block.
I think I understand what you're trying to say, yes.

Baby this is soooo scummy because you didn't even give the replacement a chance to give content, reads, and a defense of the slot in question. Eww eww. : [
Eh you're probably right. That was pretty bad of me. I was frustrated at the replacement as it puts us a huge step back, but the frustration shouldn't have happened. Apologies, Tandora.

I don't think it would be productive for me to just restate my case though... I'll look for questions to ask you tomorrow.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Eh you're probably right. That was pretty bad of me. I was frustrated at the replacement as it puts us a huge step back, but the frustration shouldn't have happened. Apologies, Tandora.

I don't think it would be productive for me to just restate my case though... I'll look for questions to ask you tomorrow.
It's okay, I understand. Please give AA, Glyph, and JTB a look over when you do that. I think they deserve some scrutiny. Especially Glyph for his appeal to you. Why, out of all the players, did Glyph decide to address you for that particular post?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No more 502s, so I had a chance to read more.

I have X1 as null right now. I want to see if he follows up on his push on Joey and if Tandora replacing in changes anything at all. I don't really understand his business with the marshy joke though, but there are more important things to be talking about.

But yeah, talk to me about Tandora's opening post a bit.

Tandora, take an actual stance on me and maybe I'll take you seriously. Fluffy posts? Where? Style is "off"? Explain yourself.

I really don't like your intro post at all.

Raziek - I really like your play this game. Even before I replaced it, I felt you were town from your questions that you stated. I know some people treated you as role fishing from LAK's posting style, but I could tell you were sincerely confused by what they were doing. Would you consider holding my hand this game?
What is that, really? Stupid statement or scumslip?

Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth) - I am leaning town based on playstyle more than claim. I do find it interesting that there has been no counterclaim on the Nia character, but as KvD proved, sometimes someone can make a fake claim and not be cc. Regardless, I do get the usual Ryker superiority attitude, but Moth's general towniness is there too.
Explain this general towniness. You haven't given me any reason besides meta and their claim for them to be town.

I do agree with your thoughts on Glyph. All he has down is buddied and talked to T-block.

However, I'm finding your reads on AA and Gova odd. They are pretty interchangeable right now with the amount of stuff they have done, but AA is on your scum list and Gova is not. What's going on?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Tan is your strongest suspicion really someone who's posted only once to state V/LA? Every attack you make in #449 is based purely on inactivity, what up? Don't you have any real reasons?

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
@Jtb:

Babe I also have X1 as null as well. At times I get a town read if he is actually doing things for town and tries to lead town but it's been a while since he has done that and mostly lurks a bit and that worries me. I also agree that he should follow up with his stance on the new replacement. I don't think she scum slipped, hunny bun, but I want to see her explain it herself. :3

I generally liked her first and her following posts because she is giving content, asking good questions, getting to the heart of scumhunting. I do agree her reads are not as concrete as one would like but I feel that she get's FEEL reads so they line up with how I would think she is as a player. Sorry if that doesn't make sense my butter cups. Jtb she is right that you have been a bit inactive. I actually liked your recent post and I will hope to see more from you. ;)

Razy read:

I disagree with her Raz read because Razikinz seems to have been fluffing alot earlier when it came to main topics of discussion. He would be focusing on the flavour, defending something he said... Or maybe not. :/ lolz. He was actually trying to figure out Boat's miller claim, and other points of discussion. His first post I would take as half scummy and half townie. Half townie because of the 'figuring out the miller claim' and the rest doesn't really seem important.

His "I'm just looking for info everyone seems to know" seemed a bit AtE like and he could have been scum hunting a little bit more than that. I feel that if he wanted to know why Soup was acting that way, he didn't have to phrase the question about my 'soft claim' and instead ask what he meant because you don't know much about the flavour. I then disliked his quickness to disprove Boatie's point because after the gambit has taken full effect and given info to the town, Raz could have touched on a suspicion then while having more leads.

Unvote Vote: Raziek

Reads:
  • Jtb – I like him this game. ;) I can tell why he didn’t like Tblock, and I didn’t either. (For the soup lynch thing) I also like his push on Raz. Good points in #81 and #89. Need a little more from him.
  • Washed – Seems ok. I don’t understand why he was ok with the Soup wagon. I like the push for Razzie Dazzie. Also is right about Raz not really giving much content. (earlier on)
  • Boat – At first I was just thinking he was an idiot for just guessing we were faking it instead of seeing it as null, but once I saw the purpose of his gambit I am ok with him. Null leaning town. Would like to see a little more from him. Start off with thoughts on Washed plz? :3 What are your thoughts on the replacement of Joey?
  • Tandora – Is null leaning town to me. Joey was just null to me but Tandy is improving her standing with me from her first few posts as I have stated above.
  • Soupy kun – I like his play here. I don’t like his and Wash’s early push on JTB, I don’t really see a difference from his other games. I like his thought processes, example when he responds to Joey about FUD and such. Tandy makes a good point that Soup is a bit laid back but I REALLY like that and it'll help me read him and not get frustrated. : 3
  • Tblock – This hunk of a man is Null leaning scum. I also think he is wrong on Joey. Joey usually fights for what he believes is right instead of looking at motivation. I also don’t like his Soup lynch proposal. I didn't like that he was ok with lynching the replacement slot without even thinking about what it could have done for the town instead of it's predecessor. I would like to hear what he has to say about the replacement and what questions he would ask her.

Everyone else is null for being inactive or v/la. You can bet yourself I'll issue each of these lurkers some questions to get them into the fray. ;P

Razzie Dazzie is slightly scummy, and so is Tblock. and that is all for now.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
Zenny, Gova, X1, Boat, Glyph, and AA:

Thoughts on Tblock?
What are your new thoughts of Tandora (replacing Joey)
What are your thoughts of the other inactives?
Thoughts of recent conversations?

Thx sweeties. ;O

asianaussie

Smash Hero
lots of stuff is happening at the moment and i can't post right now but i will get around to it sometime tomorrow, definitely well before deadline

so yeah, semi-V/LA

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tandora, take an actual stance on me and maybe I'll take you seriously. Fluffy posts? Where? Style is "off"? Explain yourself.
You're coming off a lot more brusque and defensive than you normally do as town. I've seen you as semi-inactive before, but usually there is a sense of playfulness that you're missing this time.

What is that, really? Stupid statement or scumslip?
Well, if I only get to choose between the two , then stupid statement I guess. When I offer to be a replacement, I try to be good about reading the thread so when I get called in I know what's going on and don't need to take a lot of time catching up.

It gives me good reads since I'm not influenced by my playerslot or people pressuring me. I get to look from the sidelines. So before I was called in, I was taking notes and had Raziek as a town read.

Explain this general towniness. You haven't given me any reason besides meta and their claim for them to be town.
I'll grant it's not the best reads, but you know what? Why aren't you pushing harder on people who have given no reads? You've played with me enough to know my D1 play is generally to sit back and observe. I've given more commentary in two posts than some people all game.

However, I'm finding your reads on AA and Gova odd. They are pretty interchangeable right now with the amount of stuff they have done, but AA is on your scum list and Gova is not. What's going on?
I'll give it another look because you're right, Gova hasn't really contributed. I suppose because what I recall Gova has at least given one liners that acknowledge the game while AA feels more like he's stalling.

Tan is your strongest suspicion really someone who's posted only once to state V/LA? Every attack you make in #449 is based purely on inactivity, what up? Don't you have any real reasons?
I find that scum can hide best when they're inactive. I think it's completely reasonable on D1 to look at inactive people because they have given us nothing to form opinions on. And depending on V/LA as an excuse of inactivity only goes so far. We're near the end of D1 and there's been NO content from the people I'm specifically looking at.

I'm not gung ho, GOTTA LYNCH THEM ALL, by any stretch. However, I feel the people who have been active have been giving believable town reactions to their debates. I'm saying I want to see more of these people so I can get better reads on them.

Even if every inactive is town, it hurts town as a whole to let them live to end game. They have given no contribution so no one has a read on them, they haven't kept up with the game so they have no idea what is going on, and usually they're too lazy to go back and do good detective work to FIND scum. In the end, they follow the leader and mislynch because the most charismatic person at that point is scum.

So I feel no shame in not giving inactives any slack at this point in the game. Because either they're lazy town or scum and either one is not good for town's agenda.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't like how Joey stopped being a topic of interest and disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Let's do this then.

unvote

Unvote Vote: T-Block

You ask for more pressure on Joey and then vote the guy that does it? I mean, the connection's not 100% there (TBro's flip onto him was grimy so it's warranted) but I'm still curious about your flip onto T-Block.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: As in, I want a clarification about your flip onto T-Block. Was it because of the vote or did it just push him over the top? Please explain it a bit more.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Any follow-up to this?
I'm struggling to read Raziek. He's sat on the fence a lot and often made excuses for himself not to play or participate in other discussions. Granted, he's at least halfway-validated given how depressingly inactive this game but his reactions when pressed about being inactive were quite off-color (I'll grab the posts if necessary). I'm not sure about that though, and I'm still questioning that read, because he has occasionally said and done things with at the very least a neutral intent, if not town. If I'd have to say something specific, I'd say he's leaning a bit scummy but I can't say that with any sort of confidence.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Its not like he hammered or something, votes aren't permanent - what's so bad about putting a vote on someone who replaced out?

@Tan: I don't care if there's been "literally NO content" from the people you're looking at, why are you only looking at those people? Its reasonable to suspect or pressure inactives on D1 but currently your entire play is centred around them, what about all the other information? What about T-block's push on you? What about Ryker/WL push on me? What about LAK's push on Raziek?

Joey's early play and his randomness in attacks and almost incoherent defence is enough to convince me that slot is scum, the way in which he's playing now reminds me oh so much of J in DKR, who was, ironically setting himself up to be bussed. Now I'm not gonna say I'm 100% sure here but I suspect that Joey is doing the same, and with this in mind T-Block's #437 looks pretty scummy in context, much as though he's trying to set up mislynches. I'm aware I'm probably jumping to a few conclusions here but I don't like T-block's decision to push Raz at all. Worth keeping in mind at least.

On the subject of DKR, I'm pretty damn sure Joey was lying to defend his point of "lying is scummy" when he said he didn't remember the game, but the way T-block (who replaced out of it without posting) used that in a case against Joey also made me suspect they could have had outside communication. Regardless, Tan should go now anyway

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@WL: While I was still posting wrt: the marshy thing it wasn't at all clear in my mind people were joking. I made a point against it in a humorous way then had to spend a couple of posts explaining it because people didn't get it. You suspect I have an ulterior motive for my posts on the marshy wagon? What is that motive??
That you're fabricating something for a scumread.

And it was clear as early as the second page it was a joke, which was when Kuz put up the votecount. At that point, you should've dropped it because you had an issue with a joke that had obviously been confirmed as nothing at all important. But you kept going on about it. And on and on and on. It's so weird.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Confliction, i'm trying to get a read on you but there's too many variables to get one, i wanna believe your meta is indeed town but there's so much i don't like about you, and to be honest, i find what i don't like about you more important than the meta.
Nearly went into a meta-induced rage about this but you saved yourself on that last line. Is he scum or town? And are you going against a gut read to name him that?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
For those who feel Joey is scummy, please give reasons why. I am aware he's been very AtE and emotional in general this game. However, I do ask that you look at the player and his preferred playstyle and not a "correct" way of playing. Those of you who have played with Joey before know he tends to get upset when he's town because he is emotionally invested.

During my casual read, I had pegged him as town based on this personal preference of play.

So you're trying to clear Joey (and thus, yourself) off meta? I guess I get to direct the rage I was about to explode on Soup to you then!

NEVER. CLEAR. ANYONE. BASED. OFF. META.

It is not, and never will be, a good idea. I get that this applies less for Joey than other players but more often than not, players can and will blend their scum meta with their town meta and eventually just merge them so it's identical. You also have to make a huge assumption that a player has not changed their game at all between games and that is a terribly risky move to make.

Joey is not, in any way, scum for his playstyle. We never said that. You just made a huge strawman that we never really said was our main issue with him. It's more about his attack on Boat without ever realizing his intent or trying to realize his intent, fabricating a reason for it, then exaggerating everything beyond that. He's been all over the place on his reasons for lynching Boat and has been incredibly inconsistent on everything he's said the whole game.

Those are scum tells, and those are why people voted him.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: And if you weren't going to eventually lead into how someone was scummy for something related to the early game marshy wagon, why are you bringing it up?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have a haircut in a bit, but after I'm back I'll be getting back into this game with a big re-read/catch-up tonight.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nearly went into a meta-induced rage about this but you saved yourself on that last line. Is he scum or town? And are you going against a gut read to name him that?
Yes, i'm going against a gut read as far as JTB goes, i feel that he just does alot of pointing fingers but no action, i think by now i would see JTB do something for once, however, it's JTB, in FMP JTB was sorta like this, he wasn't that active, and only popped his head up for certain things, this, however, is a more or less FMP JTB, i feel that meta is not going to help me on this read for this game, as i always don't sit right with JTB, so i'm just trying to read his motives instead of going with meta.

In short, yes, JTB is scum for his play here, i see no action and no affirmation whatsoever, just mindless armchair and doesn't show interest on little subjects, while it's not someone's business to get into everything, it's nothing to look over.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: JTB

Tanny is town as long as i feel that Joey is town, and i felt Joey was town.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.5 [7/13]

Soupamario [1] - Mod
Glyph [0]
Zen [0]
Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth) [0]
asianaussie [0]
Lovably Adorable Kanine (RR/Ranmaru) [1] - Mod
Gova [0]
JTB [3] - Raziek, Tandora, Soupamario
WashedLaundry [0]
T-block [1] - Boatchouli
Raziek [1] - Lovably Adorable Kanine
X1-12 [1] - WL
Tandora [1] - X1

Not Voting [6] - JTB, Glyph, Zen, asianaussie, Gova, T-block

Deadline has been set to July 16th at 11:59 PM EST!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Washed Laundry, I liked you better before you decided to copy Ryker's play style. I have no problem with the text of your last post, but your gif and meme are both obnoxious. You want to express a distaste of my opinion? Fine, whatever.

Adding repetitive pics and a dismissive gif are supposed to do what? Make me mad? Because it's not funny. It's mean, bullying behavior and it's a trend that makes playing mafia unfun on SWF any more.

Please tell me in painful detail why you felt it necessary to include those. Because honestly, actions like that make me want to become a lurker since it makes me feel like every little thing I say is stupid and wrong. You don't like my play? Fine. You going to treat me like trash? Forget that.

I can post only every 48 hours the words "Prod dodge" and players like you would just ignore me because "it's bad to hunt inactives". Why do you feel a need to harrass active players and turn a blind eye to quiet ones? They're the ones who squeak by as scum and drag town down as town players.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
why do people in this game keep harping over completely unimportant things. it's like, here, let's complain about the fact that he used reaction .gifs to express his reaction to the posts and ignore him giving reasons as to why the player i replaced was scum. talk to me about those. i don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me using reaction .gifs to express my reaction to things i dislike.

and don't put words in my mouth. i have never ignored the inactive players and have never said it's bad to remove inactives.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop: also it's hysterical that you keep beating a drum about how people should be able to play how they want and yet you try to tell me off for playing how i want.

T-block

B2B TST
On the subject of DKR, I'm pretty damn sure Joey was lying to defend his point of "lying is scummy" when he said he didn't remember the game, but the way T-block (who replaced out of it without posting) used that in a case against Joey also made me suspect they could have had outside communication. Regardless, Tan should go now anyway
Agreed that it's hard to believe Joey truly forgot what happened in DKR.

I was never in DKR. It was the first DGames game I read though, and it was the most obvious instance of town lying to benefit town that I could think of.

T-block

B2B TST
Tandora, have you read the case on Joey? Please get it clear in your mind right now that we are not attacking your playerslot for Joey's emotional play. So when you said this line...

"Those of you who have played with Joey before know he tends to get upset when he's town because he is emotionally invested."

...you're not defending anything.

The original case is post 159. I'm not asking you to say town/scum or anything. Do you see the inconsistency in his play?

Please elaborate. Can you pull up posts from Raziek that give you the town read? From what I've seen his questions have been addressed to inactives, have concerned flavour/mechanics, or have been used as a means to defend himself. Nobody is really thinking Raziek is scummy because of the role fishing anymore.

Top Bottom