• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The flavour fits. Old Man Co-Co is Nia's guardian in the anime, and you don't find out until some time after he actually appears in the anime.

It fits, but.... I don't like it.

Co-Co is IMPECCABLY minor to the anime, and Boat has already claimed both Nia AND Town, so T-Block gives us nothing new.

I'm inclined to believe him primarily on the grounds of his extremely extensive crumbing of the role.

unvote

*sigh* Need to think now.

T-block

B2B TST
One way Mason? My lovelies, does the flavour add up with his claim?

I mean is it possible scum could fake claim that?

Hmmm, T-Block, why do you think Boat was trying to lynch Marshy then?

Also can you please answer my previous post?

Also what did you think of the riddle?
Not sure why it's called one-way mason... first time I've seen that. It's just a role with setup information.

That's why I said "Boat is town, should be obvious" too - so that in case I died you guys would pick it up.

The flavour fits. Old Man Co-Co is Nia's guardian in the anime, and you don't find out until some time after he actually appears in the anime.

It fits, but.... I don't like it.

Co-Co is IMPECCABLY minor to the anime, and Boat has already claimed both Nia AND Town, so T-Block gives us nothing new.

I'm inclined to believe him primarily on the grounds of his extremely extensive crumbing of the role.

unvote

*sigh* Need to think now.
Trust me, I had a Nia breadcrumb ready, but Boat goes and claims in his first post -_-

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No, in fact, the One-way Mason role makes perfect sense.

Boat claimed Miller. There's a Town member with MOD CONFIRMED information regarding said miller.

I'm actually willing to clear both of them at this point.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
His claim matches up with flavor, and T-block is one to crumb things.

JTB lynch now?

T-block

B2B TST
I feel better about X1 after recent posts. JTB read has not changed. Nothing to say about the others.

I'd assume the riddle is just there so that Boat will be able to confirm my claim. Something old that is watching over them fits me pretty damn well. It says I'll come in to rectify the situation... maybe that's if he gets copped or something

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup baby, thoughts on X1 and AA?
X1 is Town, he has legit reasoning to Joey even though i don't agree with it, he's pressuring something he believes in and not BS'ing it, while i could need a less skim read on him, i'm fine with putting him as town.

AA can be Town for now too, he tends to make those huge posts in a "sherlock holmes style" and i don't see anything worth worrying over.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
I feel better about X1 after recent posts. JTB read has not changed. Nothing to say about the others.

I'd assume the riddle is just there so that Boat will be able to confirm my claim. Something old that is watching over them fits me pretty damn well. It says I'll come in to rectify the situation... maybe that's if he gets copped or something
Why exactly?

It says that you are watching over us to make sure we keep to the norm. Then if we 'reach too far out' you'd come to rectify the situation. But, then what is the NORM my lovelies? What exactly does the old one not want us to do? ; )

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So you're saying the riddle was bull**** and T-Block is trying to substantiate a fakeclaim using the false information you provided? I could see that.

T-Block's "stepping in" sounds a hell of a lot like the role of the Anti-Spirals in the anime.

T-block

B2B TST
My role PM says only my role and alignment.

Again, T-block, your claim is bull****.
I think you're lying.

But kay, I got nothing else then. I'm not important anymore anyways.

Why exactly?

It says that you are watching over us to make sure we keep to the norm. Then if we 'reach too far out' you'd come to rectify the situation. But, then what is the NORM my lovelies? What exactly does the old one not want us to do? ; )
I have no idea. Apparently it doesn't even exist =P

T-block

B2B TST
So you're saying the riddle was bull**** and T-Block is trying to substantiate a fakeclaim using the false information you provided? I could see that.

T-Block's "stepping in" sounds a hell of a lot like the role of the Anti-Spirals in the anime.
I crumbed the name co-co before I even saw the riddle.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Forgot to address this part of the post.

My stance on T-Block isn't OMGUS, I've been quite uncomfortable with him for a good long time. His play doesn't make me comfortable in the slightest, and is quite unlike his usual play.
But the post that you pointed out that made you somewhat uncomfortable seems OMGUS. OMGUS is usually unaffected by the length of the suspicions. It's more about the timing and the reasoning for it.

As in, I can crossvote Ryker the entire phase and maybe gain legitimate reasoning to believe he's scum but the vote was still OMGUS-y when it started.

I feel like T-Block is reaching to draw connections between Tandora's slot and my own, in order to push one of us as today's lynch. He's been on either myself or Joey since the start of the Day, gave Tandora NO slack on the replacement in, and I feel like he's trying to draw things to a "her or me" scenario.

Oh, and worth adding: ScumBlock would mean TownTan for me. There's no reason scumBlock would attack that slot so relentlessly if they were scum-mates.
The rest of this is good. I'm actually liking this sequence of posts, from post 481 on. Not a lot I have to comment on, though I'm not going to throw my vote for TBlock yet.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
First off, you claim Old Coco, an obscure character. Then you claim an unprovable role with a lot of circumstances that have to have fallen just right for you to be telling the truth, which is farfetched to say the least. Then you expect your crumbs to prove that your role is your role. It only proves that you have foresight. Finally, you claim our role PM confirms your characters existence which is ABSOLUTE bull****.

Your role happened to give you information confirming our character and alignment and your crumb shows that you figured it out quickly. However, it also happens to be the only mod confirm claimable information out at the time (I do not think that LAK had posted at the time of that crumb) and after seeing our role with an Old Coco safe claim, you could've easily fabricated this scenario and crumbed it.

Your "It's me" crumb and assumption about our role PM don't even back you up because spoilers.
Old Coco was pretty much a nanny to Nia and Lord Genome was her father and, IIRC as I was bull****ting that riddle completely, she calls Genome "Daddy" in the show.

The spoilers state, pretty much, that "Daddy" does not reference Old Coco and that I was bull****ting the riddle.

Have fun at Genesis, but I still want you lynched. If you flip town, then it will definitely affect my read on Raziek (hint hint, investigatives) and Tandora dies tomorrow unless something major happens (hint hint, vig). That, and we'll have a confirmed townie (hint hint, doc), but I'm pretty obv town anyway (flex), but I don't think that'll be an issue.

NOTE: It's not that the flavor doesn't match the role, it's that the role is unprovable and on a scummy slot.

#HBC | ѕoup

Raziek, help me out here, do you feel that it's a fake-claim, or do you just believe/trust Boat more?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Let me tell you guys something about how I play D1. I aim to be all over the place and generate content, because I think D1 can be very revealing when scum don't know who to be cautious of, etc. I aim to find connections that we can use later. Joey was and is my top scumpick. That never changed. I moved my vote to JTB to get the game moving. I never "heavily implied" that JTB was the obvious choice. I was on Joey, and the game was stagnating. As I said, only Boat was really with me on the Joey wagon at the time - WL was half on-board, so we'll count him too. I had three or four people telling me they had town reads on Joey, and nothing solid behind that to argue. How am I supposed to argue against "his scumminess is just Joey playing poorly"? So I moved my vote - I tried to make use of the day, instead of pushing a case that was just being brushed off by a significant fraction of the active players.
He's right about scum being obvious D1 but simultaneously, I don't like this defense.A lot of it is just excuses for **** we won't (for sure) know if he's lying about or not until he flips, as all of it is excuses for his wishy-washy voting. Broto 1, TBro 0.

The case isn't out of nowhere... I already said I was suspicious of you. D1 play and all that - I wanted to pressure you a bit, and I wish I could have seen your reaction without being able to hide behind an attack on me. But that's fine.
As Broto pointed out, you had him as town earlier. Or town on scumJoey's flip or whatever.

Raziek, nobody in this game has been hiding behind inactives as much as you have. It was definitely enough for me to take note of it several times. Nobody said "i WOULD to do other things, but this person isn't here and i asked him a question". It's not definitely scummy behaviour, but potentially scummy, which I said in that post.
These are actually fair points here. Raziek has been doing a lot of sitting behind inactives and trying to write passes for himself.

Am I allowed to ask for hammer? I'll do it but I don't think I want to vote him yet. Let me actually look at some of the **** he said first in response to the newfound pressure he's gained.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek, help me out here, do you feel that it's a fake-claim, or do you just believe/trust Boat more?
At the time of that post, I trusted Boat more.

Reading Boat's post simply confirms it though.

I was willing to look past my reads because the claim made sense, but I'm still not at all comfortable with T-Block's play.

@T-Block:

#HBC | ѕoup

At the time of that post, I trusted Boat more.

Reading Boat's post simply confirms it though.

I was willing to look past my reads because the claim made sense, but I'm still not at all comfortable with T-Block's play.

@T-Block:

So, you trusted boat for his case, however, T-blocks claim makes enough sense to be legit, but you're not comfortable with his play?

Boat is saying T-blocks claim is total bull****, and also on top of his case.

you, however, say the claim is legit, but you agree with that t-block is scummy.

So, my question is which one are you siding with?

#HBC | ѕoup

Alright raz, saw your ninja, why'd you flip-flop though?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You that thing you do where you try to see if a claim makes sense?

At first I WTF'd (521), but then thought about it a bit more, and it DOES make sense from a flavour perspective, the crumbing is substantial.

I don't trust T-Block, though, and Boat's most recent post made it pretty clear to me that I was entertaining a ridiculous possibility.

Call it reckless posting, I suppose. I should have thought about it more carefully, but I'm most confident in my initial (and now current) opinion.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Your claim is bull****, T-block. Die.
Siding with this man here. One-way mason? Confirming players as town? Mentorsssssssss.

unvote vote: TBro

Also gonna have to say that a lot of his defense is just "I did this thing because this reason! Trust me guys!" And I can't buy half of it. Town would never drop a case simply because people go against it (See: Soup's Gorf case in Pulp Fiction). I don't like the constant cherry-picking of inactives, don't like the flip between townRaziek to scumRaziek, don't like anything, and you always seem to have a convenient excuse lined up as a defense.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
And if I'm wrong, road map to success:

Have fun at Genesis, but I still want you lynched. If you flip town, then it will definitely affect my read on Raziek (hint hint, investigatives) and Tandora dies tomorrow unless something major happens (hint hint, vig). That, and we'll have a confirmed townie (hint hint, doc), but I'm pretty obv town anyway (flex), but I don't think that'll be an issue.
(hint hint)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
First off, you claim Old Coco, an obscure character. Then you claim an unprovable role with a lot of circumstances that have to have fallen just right for you to be telling the truth, which is farfetched to say the least. Then you expect your crumbs to prove that your role is your role. It only proves that you have foresight. Finally, you claim our role PM confirms your characters existence which is ABSOLUTE bull****.
Epitome of a scum safeclaim right here guys.

#HBC | ѕoup

I really don't see the case here, but, i see the reward of it, on a t-block lynch and he does flip his claim, ryker is clear.

Alright, don't see any other reason to stall this, i don't care about it being a fake-claim, or whatever T-block did, i want to see results.

Vote: T-block

Top Bottom