• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Finished the anime, that was goddamn amazing.

I'm angry at myself for not watching this sooner.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Having re-read said exchange, you're right, T-Block. His defense was almost entirely meta and attacking Ryker's playstyle.

That said, I'm not ready to say I think Joey is scummy, because I'm not seeing much malicious intent behind his posting. He wasn't really trying to wagon Boat, because only two people (one being me) had voted him. I was looking for answers, and I don't feel like Joey was trying to push a mislynch.

Do you feel that his play is actually scummy, or simply misguided?
Hmmmmmmm,.....

So what about that stops him from being scum? Why do you feel Joey wasn't trying to push a mislynch? Why is it that simply because he wasn't trying to push a mislynch, he is scum? How can you discern his intent? What makes you so certain? Why should I believe that you are correct?

Unvote Vote X1

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
If it gets to deadline and we have no apparent lynch, I get to choose who we lynch out of JTB and AsianAussie.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmmmmmmm,.....

So what about that stops him from being scum? Why do you feel Joey wasn't trying to push a mislynch? Why is it that simply because he wasn't trying to push a mislynch, he is scum? How can you discern his intent? What makes you so certain? Why should I believe that you are correct?

Unvote Vote X1
<itsafeelbro.jpg>

I'll concede on one thing. It doesn't stop him from being scum.

However, The whole exchange makes me feel like he is Town. He was attacking you because he didn't believe your rage at me was warranted or justified.

Actually, looking at his actual post:

...I thought I posted this, but whatever.

Yeah, you're pretty much right WL.

Unvote

I think JTB is scummy because of the way he was attacking Raziek like that. That may be a personality issue, since he was really harsh with it and that may be bothering me, but whatever.

I'm going to rethink my reads through this game, since WL is making me feel better about him. Going to leave my vote on Boatchouli until I'm done, since he's probably going to stay where he is read wise since he hasn't done anything recently.

Vote: Boatchouli

Miller claim is null. Honestly, I don't believe it at all, but its null.

:172:
He wasn't even really attacking you. He didn't even vote you because he thought you were scummy. He voted you for the same reason I did, for answers, and because you hadn't done anything since your gambit.

Do you see anything in his defense that screams "SCUM!" and not just "Joey!"? From what I've seen of his play in other games, this feels like a typical poor Joey defense. So if there's some reason I should ignore the Town vibes I get from it, please enlighten me.

T-block

B2B TST
request votecount

Sigh... inactives suck. And I'll be V/LA from Thursday to Monday for Genesis 2 -_-

@mod: Can we get prods or replacements going?

X1 and JTB, can you please catch up and respond to Raziek? You are allowing him to not contribute by saying he is waiting on your answers, and I am getting suspicious of him.

Let's goooooooooooo

Who the hell do you think I am?!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What else do you EXPECT me to do, T-Block? Aside from beating the Joey horse to death I don't really have many questions, since I'm fairly comfortable with where most players sit right now. Not ready to push a lynch without hearing from inactives though.

I'm starting to get bothered by you constantly trying to make it sound like I'm doing nothing, when I'm not.

T-block

B2B TST
Hmm... what do these posts say to you about the reasoning, both implied and at face value, behind Joey's vote?

Posting restriction is a null tell.

Scum reads so far are Boatchouli, JTB, and WL. Boatchouli being the strongest.
I hate Ryker's playstyle, and he can burn in hell for trying this ****, and getting mad at people when they **** it up for him when its really obvious that its not going to work is NOT townie to me at all. Ryker had NO REASON to try a gambit like that, especially since this one could be proven wrong by a simple read through the rules, which makes what hes doing a total waste of towns time. I know he's not dumb as all ****ing hell, so I'm going to assume hes scum. Its definitely enough for me to put my vote on him this early in the game.
How many games have you played with Joey? You seem to be clearing him based largely on meta, right?

Are you able to bring out anything specifically about Joey's play that makes you think town? Even if you think the push didn't have scum motivations, why is the push a town tell rather than a null tell?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.3 [7/13]

Soupamario [1] - WL
Glyph [0]
Zen [0]
Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth) [0]
asianaussie [0]
Lovably Adorable Kanine (RR/Ranmaru) [0]
Gova [0]
JTB [3] - Soup, LAK, Raziek
WashedLaundry [0]
T-block [0]
Raziek [0]
X1-12 [1] - Boatchouli
JO_Oey [1] - TBLOCK

Not Voting [7] - JTB, Glyph, Zen, asianaussie, Gova, X1-12, Joey

X1-12 is still currently V/LA
Other prods going out now

Deadline has been set to July 15th at 11:59 PM EST!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Soupamario will be prodded.
Glyph will be prodded.
WashedLaundy will be prodded.
Joey will be prodded.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmm... what do these posts say to you about the reasoning, both implied and at face value, behind Joey's vote?
First one seems pretty cut and dry. Joey took issue with two main things. Boat's gambit, and JTB's wagon on me. He jumped on the fact that people were doing something he disagreed with. Like me, he didn't see any benefit to the gambit (at the time), and JTB wagoning me over a largely harmless question (and WL jumping on said wagon) didn't sit well with him.

I don't really blame him, T-Block. It reminds me a lot of Day 1 of SMRPG, when I ended up defending you from Red Ryu over his meta case on you. Yeah, he ended up being RIGHT, but that was the reason I defended you.

As you can clearly see in his second post, Joey's an extremely emotional player. 90% of post 2 is AtE, and it's quite clear that he didn't say "Let's wagon this guy, go go" like JTB did to me, he said "I hate Ryker, I hate his gambit, putting my vote here."

I just don't see the scum motivation when I look at the simple fact that he was PROVOKED into his attack on Ryker. That's why I find JTB much scummier for attacking me for asking a question literally EVERYONE knew the answer to, and I would have figured out immediately upon seeing Leeron in Episode 2.

How many games have you played with Joey? You seem to be clearing him based largely on meta, right?
I don't know if I've been in any with him, possibly RE4, but I replaced into that quite late. I HAVE however, been reading various games to pass time lately, most notably Kittens vs. Domo-kuns, where he was Town Doc.

I'd also like to make clear that I'm not clearing him. I don't clear anyone without some hard evidence. I just do not believe that he is scum, so he leans Town for me simply as a result.
Are you able to bring out anything specifically about Joey's play that makes you think town? Even if you think the push didn't have scum motivations, why is the push a town tell rather than a null tell?
Mostly answered above. I don't think the push is a Town tell, but it does give me Town vibes.

Are you able to get a read now on LAK, based on more than just flavour?
Hmmm.... I can't say with certainty. He's been asking a good amount of questions, but my read is currently null. Difficult for me to explain. I don't want to rely too much on the posting restriction.

T-Block, do you truly believe Joey is scum, when he's known for this type of play all the time, regardless of alignment? What makes him more likely to be scum than JTB?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I have got next to nothing from JTB, it's almost like he refuses to do something, the case is there, but the person to pressure it, is not.

I don't agree to the Joey case either, as explained multiple times.

the X1 case is a bit bothersome, but i'd have to look into it.

Reads -

Town -
Raziek
Boatchouli
LAK
WL

Null -
Zen
T-block
Joey (leaning town)
X1

Not here -
Glyph
aa

Scum -
JTB until he ****ing responds to something.

T-block

B2B TST
First one seems pretty cut and dry. Joey took issue with two main things. Boat's gambit, and JTB's wagon on me. He jumped on the fact that people were doing something he disagreed with. Like me, he didn't see any benefit to the gambit (at the time), and JTB wagoning me over a largely harmless question (and WL jumping on said wagon) didn't sit well with him.

I don't really blame him, T-Block. It reminds me a lot of Day 1 of SMRPG, when I ended up defending you from Red Ryu over his meta case on you. Yeah, he ended up being RIGHT, but that was the reason I defended you.

As you can clearly see in his second post, Joey's an extremely emotional player. 90% of post 2 is AtE, and it's quite clear that he didn't say "Let's wagon this guy, go go" like JTB did to me, he said "I hate Ryker, I hate his gambit, putting my vote here."

I just don't see the scum motivation when I look at the simple fact that he was PROVOKED into his attack on Ryker. That's why I find JTB much scummier for attacking me for asking a question literally EVERYONE knew the answer to, and I would have figured out immediately upon seeing Leeron in Episode 2.
Okay.

I don't know if I've been in any with him, possibly RE4, but I replaced into that quite late. I HAVE however, been reading various games to pass time lately, most notably Kittens vs. Domo-kuns, where he was Town Doc.

I'd also like to make clear that I'm not clearing him. I don't clear anyone without some hard evidence. I just do not believe that he is scum, so he leans Town for me simply as a result.

Mostly answered above. I don't think the push is a Town tell, but it does give me Town vibes.
So it's a town until proven guilty thing? Have you read any games where he's been scum? You said the exchange itself made you feel he was town. Is that just because it looks like him from a game where he was town?

T-Block, do you truly believe Joey is scum, when he's known for this type of play all the time, regardless of alignment? What makes him more likely to be scum than JTB?
I'll answer this question towards the end of the Day, if that's all right.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So it's a town until proven guilty thing? Have you read any games where he's been scum? You said the exchange itself made you feel he was town. Is that just because it looks like him from a game where he was town?
Null until proven guilty, with Town lean as a gut read. I don't think I've seen scumJoey.

I am not trying to say that "Town Joey did this, which looks like TTGLJoey, therefore Joey is Town." That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, Joey has a very distinct playstyle with a lot of AtE, a lot of emotional, quickly-triggered reactions, and what some seem to be painting as scum play does not strike me as such.
I'll answer this question towards the end of the Day, if that's all right.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hmmmmmmm,.....

Unvote Vote X1
I think the better question isn't why should you believe him but rather why do you believe him, as that flip to X1 suggests. I imagine Raziek's responded to this already, but if he hasn't, feel free to answer first. I don't want Broat's answer polluting yours.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
<itsafeelbro.jpg>

i'll concede on one thing. it doesn't stop him from being scum.

however, the whole exchange makes me feel like he is town. He was attacking you because he didn't believe your rage at me was warranted or justified.

Actually, looking at his actual post:

he wasn't even really attacking you. He didn't even vote you because he thought you were scummy. He voted you for the same reason i did, for answers, and because you hadn't done anything since your gambit.

do you see anything in his defense that screams "scum!" and not just "joey!"? From what i've seen of his play in other games, this feels like a typical poor joey defense. So if there's some reason i should ignore the town vibes i get from it, please enlighten me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What else do you EXPECT me to do, T-Block? Aside from beating the Joey horse to death I don't really have many questions, since I'm fairly comfortable with where most players sit right now. Not ready to push a lynch without hearing from inactives though.

I'm starting to get bothered by you constantly trying to make it sound like I'm doing nothing, when I'm not.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't remember Ryker saying anything to Joey to trigger his attacks. If I remember correctly, Ryker pulled a gambit to get a clear and yelled at you for interrupting the gambit. How is that provoking Joey?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't remember Ryker saying anything to Joey to trigger his attacks. If I remember correctly, Ryker pulled a gambit to get a clear and yelled at you for interrupting the gambit. How is that provoking Joey?
Not direct provocation, indirect.

I'm saying Joey didn't go out of his way to go "I HATE RYKER, RAGE", it was a reaction that came about as a RESULT of Ryker's gambit.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
EBWOP: It's like if someone punched me in the face and some random bystander was like, "WTFTHATAINTRIGHT".

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Speak of the devil
Not direct provocation, indirect.

I'm saying Joey didn't go out of his way to go "I HATE RYKER, RAGE", it was a reaction that came about as a RESULT of Ryker's gambit.
No, not really. Soup's widely done a lot of sidelining and scummy things for a majority of the game. I find him scummy for it but I'm attacking him because I find his play scummy and choose to attack him for it, not because he's forcing me into attacking him. That's not the same.

Top Bottom