• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'd say Rock Band's weekly downloadable content trumps song creation and a high-hat and cymbal portion of the drum set, though that's assuming everybody owns a PS3 or 360 and is enjoying the complete version of Rock Band already. So if you're planning on buying GHWT for the Wii over Rock Band for the Wii, I can see your stance. If you aren't going to get downloadable content it would be nice to be able to create your songs (no matter how clunky it is, the option is good to have with no DLC) and Wii owners are gaga over online play in any shape or form, whereas for me online play in a game like Rock Band isn't very important at all. It's a party game, it's meant to be played in the same room as your friends. I've played a versus match online a grand total of once, and only occasionally do I join up with my friends online to form a band for a few hours.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Hah, wow. Didn't they already put up most of Metallica's albums for download between GH3 and Rock Band anyway? I know Blackened and Fade To Black are DLC for RB, Enter Sandman's on the setlist, and One is on GH3. How much more are they really going to do? This is getting kind of old now.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
i personally want to buy this game and try it out. i highly doubt that rock band gear will be compatable with gh4 because they are competing with each other. as for create a song i know for a fact that will blow. its not going to really be create a song like it says it will be something stupid and wasteful. plus you would need to import lyrics,a drum chart, bass chart, and guitar chart. way to much work if it was made properly. but oh well i guess i will see when it comes out.

D

Deleted member

And Jimi Hendrix. You can't forget the greatest guitarist of all time.

D

Deleted member

IGN article

• More info on guitar
  • Bass now has no-fret notes
  • 85 songs on disc
  • Three tracks confirmed
    • "Santeria" by Sublime
    • "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol
    • "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters

D

Deleted member

*Bump* For this info, I had no choice but to double post, so please forgive me.

Claimed artists in GHWT
This guy looks legit. I'll point out who's been confirmed in this list:

Allman Brothers
At the Drive-In Press Release (One Armed Scissor)
Billy Idol IGN (Rebel Yell)
Bon Jovi
Boston
Blind Melon
blink-182 Drums Demo (D*mmit)
CCR
Coldplay
Def Leppard
The Doors Leak
Dream Theater Game Informer
The Eagles Game Informer
Fleetwood Mac
Foreigner
Interpol Leak
Jane's Addiction
Jimi Hendrix Leak
Jimmy Eat World
Lenny Kravitz Debut Trailer (Are You Gonna Go My Way)
Linkin Park Game Informer
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Michael Jackson Eurogamer
Modest Mouse
Muse Leak
Nirvana
No Doubt
Oasis
Paramore
Steve Miller
Smashing Pumpkins Leak
Sublime Game Informer (Santeria)
Silversun Pickups
The Answer Press Release (Never Too Late)
Van Halen Game Informer

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well, looks like SD cards are the space solver.

The company's CEO, Karthik Bala, said, "That's right! Guitar Hero World Tour will be the first Wii game to offer downloadable songs through an in-game music store. Players can preview, purchase and download songs using Wii Points and we'll have new songs available on a regular basis.

"Players can either download songs to the Wii System Memory or store songs on a SD Card, called the "Rock Archive". When you want to play songs from the Rock Archive, players can create a custom set list, and then choose a venue and play!"

The music will be stored in a compact, custom Wii format, Bala added, and in the future, the company might be interested in releasing exclusive Wii-only tracks to complement the multi-platform downloadables and the 85 master-recordings which will feature on the disc from day one. "That's a lot of music," said Bala.

The amount of people who played GHIII online on Wii was surprising according to Bala, and he added, "This year, we've really expanded the multiplayer options to eight players, either head to head (e.g. 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 or Band vs. Band), cooperative or online career modes."

Nintendo has an interest in seeing the Guitar Hero games succeed on its platforms and has been working closely with Vicarious Visions. "Nintendo is a great partner to work with," said Bala. "Guitar Hero World Tour is requiring a lot of work on both the hardware and software side, so Nintendo's been working closely with both RedOctane and Vicarious Visions to make it a great title for the Wii platform."

Nintendo's recommended approach of employing a wired USB microphone in World Tour has been adopted, but the guitar and drum periperhals are completely wireless thanks to the use of the Wii Remote.

"The Wii is definitely a platform that appeals to a wide variety of people," said Bala. "A big part of Guitar Hero's success has come from its accessibility and broad appeal. In a way, it inherently overlaps with the Wii audience and their interests.

"Having said that, we are working on some Wii specific features that I can't quite talk about just yet."

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, the picture of the drumset had 5 pads - 3 toms of Red, Green, and Blue and two cymbals of Orange and Yellow. So, this means no bass pedal? If so, that pretty much kills any hopes of Rock Band stuff working with this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So, the picture of the drumset had 5 pads - 3 toms of Red, Green, and Blue and two cymbals of Orange and Yellow. So, this means no bass pedal? If so, that pretty much kills any hopes of Rock Band stuff working with this.
Pfft, course not. Rock band made sure you couldn't use GH guitars, it's not surprising that GH won't let you use rock Band stuff.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, course not. Rock band made sure you couldn't use GH guitars, it's not surprising that GH won't let you use rock Band stuff.
You can use GH guitars for Rock Band. But yea, I doubt it will be the other way around.

D

Deleted member

You might want to take a look at this.

Playable rock stars:

• Sting
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Ted Nugent
  • Billy Corgan
  • Jimi Hendrix (OMFG)
  • Travis Barker
  • Hayley Williams
  • Zakk Wylde

THEY'RE MO-CAPPING A DEAD GUY!!! ROFLMAO!

D

Deleted member

Any ways if the exclusive have you rocking as Link, Mario or any Nintendo Character WITH Nintendo tracks then this is a seller for me.
Guitar Hero: Nintendo

Play the Super Mario Bros. Overworld them, remixed by Aerosmith!:laugh:

D

Deleted member

This guy on Wikipedia claims to have the first three tiers. If this guy is lying, then it's a well researched lie. The sets are posted below:

Tier 1: The Garage
  • "Santeria"--Sublime
  • "Roxanne"--The Police
  • "Orange Crush"--R.E.M.
  • "Heartbreaker"--Pat Benatar
  • "White Room"--Cream
  • ENCORE: "Perfect Situation"--Weezer

Tier 2: The First Gig
  • "Rebel Yell"--Billy Idol
  • "Legs"--ZZ Top
  • "Mind's Eye"--Wolfmother
  • "Fool for the City"--Foghat
  • "Push the Tempo"--Fatboy Slim
  • ENCORE: "Light my Fire"--The Doors

Tier 3: The Opening Act
  • "Slow Hands"--Interpol
  • "Supermassive Black Hole"--Muse
  • "Are You Gonna Go My Way"--Lenny Kravitz
  • "Everlong"--The Foo Fighters
  • One Armed Scissor"--At the Drive-In
  • ENCORE: "Emergency"--Paramore (Played with Paramore)

In contrast, here's my first three tiers:

Tier 1:
  • "Are You Gonna Go My Way"--Lenny Kravitz
  • "Here It Goes Again"--OK Go
  • "We Are the Champions"--Queen
  • "Roxanne"--The Police
  • ENCORE: "Jumpin' Jack Flash"--The Rolling Stones

Tier 2:
  • "Victim of Love"--The Eagles
  • "Purple Haze"--Jimi Hendrix
  • "Runnin' With the Devil"--Van Halen
  • "Blitzkrieg Bop"--The Ramones
    Battle VS. Led Zeppelin
  • ENCORE: "Black Dog"--Led Zeppelin

Tier 3:
  • "Fool for the City"--Foghat
  • "Money"--Pink Floyd
  • "Woman from Tokyo"--Deep Purple
  • "Vertigo"--U2
    Battle VS. AC/DC
  • ENCORE: "Highway to Hell"--AC/DC

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
One thing pretty much confirmed - the drums for Guitar Hero will not work with Rock Band and vice versa (GH has two cymbals for yellow and orange, unless the shading was off, and three pads. If the shading WAS off, I never saw a screenshot with the pedal), one thing never addressed - Will DLC from GH3 work on GH4? I ask more so because if it works with GH, Rock Band has to follow suit for Rock Band 2, and I spent a lot of money paying for extra stuff, and I'd like to play that RB2.

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
Lets hope they have seperate packaging for each of the instruments. I don't wanna be paying 200 for the whole **** thing. If they do this it would be great, I'd love to play drums on some Korn songs.

The DS and the Aerosmith games weren't enough and they came out with this. Marketing at it's finest.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
CK, can't remember where, and I'll try and find it, but I've seen a picture of GH4 drums with a pedal.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So there are two cymbals for yellow? Odd, but that's relieving that it still may be cross compatible.

I just HAVE to know if the GH DLC will work on GH 4.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
So there are two cymbals for yellow? Odd, but that's relieving that it still may be cross compatible.

I just HAVE to know if the GH DLC will work on GH 4.
I'm pretty sure it's one cymbal for yellow and one for orange. I also heard a rumor that the Rock Band 2 drums would see some sort of "improvement" which makes me wonder if RB1 drums wil be compatible >_>
Although I don't think RB2 has even been officially announced yet so who knows what it'll be like at all >_<

I've also heard conflicting rumors from sites about the DLC compatibility for both games >_> I've seen at least one say yes and others say no so again it looks like a simple wait and see what the official word is :\

Oh and I think there's a nice 3d view of the drums on www.guitarhero.com

SU_Remo

Remo Knows

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think a huge flaw in the drums design is no bar along the base of the set to keep the bass pedal steady. On Rock Band, sometimes I end up moving my whole drumset so far in front of me I have to pull it back on bass heavy songs. That pedal is gonna be moving all over the place, I guarentee it.

Top Bottom