• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's a good one. The setlist being bad! Ha!
I never said they were bad songs. I just don't think the types of songs that were chosen for GH3 are really fitting for the type of game GH is (or was) they fit GH3's style pretty good, but like I said, I don't like GH3s style.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That's counting DLC. Since technically it's expandable on both parts, it's hard to define a limit. You can get , around 110 songs? if you include GH3 DLC? If you don't count DLC, GH3 has a larger setlist, 71 to rockband's 58. In my case, this is better since I don't like to spend lots of extra money on DLC. If GH4 has a larger base setlist than before, I'll be fairly happy. Honestly having rockband vs. GH is good thing IMO, because it means both teams have competition and are incented to add material/produce a much better game. Obviously though, once you've picked one you have to stick with it, because of the full set of controllers. W/e, I'm out of this thread, I'm sick of forum arguments that don't get anywhere.

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
From Wikipedia:

In addition to custom songs, players of the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions will be able to download new licensed songs for the game. This is the first game in the Guitar Hero series to support download functionality on the Wii.

About time.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
From Wikipedia:

In addition to custom songs, players of the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions will be able to download new licensed songs for the game. This is the first game in the Guitar Hero series to support download functionality on the Wii.

About time.

Wikipedia said it? It must be true!

But seriously, are there any official soures that have said this?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd like to see how the Wii's massive hard drive will be able to support about half a gig of songs (5-10 songs) + save stuff + any other games.

It'll be cool if they can, but honestly, it won't be as good as the PS3 and 360s.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd like to see how the Wii's massive hard drive will be able to support about half a gig of songs (5-10 songs) + save stuff + any other games.

It'll be cool if they can, but honestly, it won't be as good as the PS3 and 360s.

That SD card says HI, but hom many gigs are on a SD card?

D

Deleted member

Yes, Wii will be getting DLC... However, Crimson King is right in the memory problem that is going to become all too apparent when it actually comes out... 512 MB memory isn't exactly cutting it for DLC... even with an SD, how much do you expect to fit? Shame, really, but that's why you should get it for PS3/360

I'm excited for GH4 just as a game in general... disregarding the RB copy thing, it looks like it'll be really good overall

Somasu

Smash Ace
Agree with Chaosinfernal..

I'm getting this game. I know I won't be able to help it.. but.. I'm only gonna get it for the 360 when I get one.. because even IF Wii does get DLC, it'll be limited by a LOT.. and I don't want to purchase a big game just to limit myself from what it really is.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well, since it is guitar hero, i'm expecting it to have good guitar parts, so i'll prolly get the game. Maybe get parts later if i really love it. Either way, I have a roommate who's a rockband/GH nut who'll prolly be getting it.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
http://kotaku.com/5010849/guitar-hero-world-tour-priced-more-expensive-than-rock-band

This game is officially dead to me. It's **** near $200 for the bundle, and honestly, it'd be stupid to get a band game if you don't have all the parts. Pity.
The official price hasn't been revealed yet and gamestop has been known to be wrong with these things. Or did everyone forget about the supposed $200 price tag for rock band? http://kotaku.com/gaming/budget-rock/rock-band-officially-priced--dated-305025.php

As for the DLC on the wii, I remember hearing the songs were around 30-40 mb each so on a 1 gig sd card you could fit a good 20 to 30 songs which wouldn't be too bad. Or you know nintendo could release some sort of external harddrive... There have supposedly been some rumors about it but I guess we'll have to wait and see... maybe at E3 or will nintendo continue to be silly and not have one?

Also, a vid about the drums is up: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34415.html

They look pretty nice, and velocity sensitive for the song creation mode sounds interesting. Really though, with several months left before the game even comes out we just have to wait and see how good (or bad) it will be.

KovuTalli

Smash Rookie
Hizkit, thats NOT Gh4, just another GH release theres 3 or 4 new GH releases this year, GH(4) - world tour, GH - Aerosmith, GH on tour (DS) and GH3 (forget the full name) but its an addon for Gh3 where a fan from the GH community picked for his/her video of them selves "rocking out" will be put in game as a character, unless they scrapped that idea.

So please get your info right before posting ^^. (I made an account just for this XD and also to find new ppl to brawl =3)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The official price hasn't been revealed yet and gamestop has been known to be wrong with these things. Or did everyone forget about the supposed $200 price tag for rock band? http://kotaku.com/gaming/budget-rock/rock-band-officially-priced--dated-305025.php

As for the DLC on the wii, I remember hearing the songs were around 30-40 mb each so on a 1 gig sd card you could fit a good 20 to 30 songs which wouldn't be too bad. Or you know nintendo could release some sort of external harddrive... There have supposedly been some rumors about it but I guess we'll have to wait and see... maybe at E3 or will nintendo continue to be silly and not have one?

Also, a vid about the drums is up: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34415.html

They look pretty nice, and velocity sensitive for the song creation mode sounds interesting. Really though, with several months left before the game even comes out we just have to wait and see how good (or bad) it will be.
The price descrepency was because it was officially listed at $200 then dropped down.

As for DLC, no. You cannot store 20 songs on a 1gig. You also need to have room for save files, create-a-songs, and ANY other game you play on your Wii.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
The price descrepency was because it was officially listed at $200 then dropped down.

As for DLC, no. You cannot store 20 songs on a 1gig. You also need to have room for save files, create-a-songs, and ANY other game you play on your Wii.

Well the main point I'm trying to make about the price is that it is not official yet and may turn out to be lower than $200 (or it could end up being $200 or possibly more I suppose, though that would be a really bad decision).

I'm not sure why on earth you think that all those other things would have to be stored on the sd card but that is not the case. Those things could all go on the wii's internal harddrive. If we are just talking about storing and using DLC songs then... well I'll use an old post from another forum to help explain how it could work:

"I just bought an SD card today, cheap little 1gigabyte job, not the best transfer rate, but it suits what I'm going to be using it for since all that is is extra wii save space.

Activision currently has my disk, so I've been playing a lot of Brawl. When I plugged my new sd in it accured to me: Can Brawl load data directly from the sd in-game?

So I tried it out. I transferred one of my custom stages to my sd card, double checking that it was not on the wii system memory. I then unplugged the sd card and set up a brawl vs. a random cpu. I went to the custom stages menu, and observed that my stage was no longer an option. I plugged my sd card into the wii without exiting this menu, and my stage became selectable. I loaded a game and played on it, it worked fine.

Therefore, the Wii can load from the SD in-game. Which means it's just fine to have DLC on the sd. And since there is only about a gig and a half of DLC available at the moment, even a two gig sd card would hold all of it, and that assumes that A: you download every single dlc package and B: every song that is currently released is released for the wii.
"

The quote is more talking about how DLC could have worked for GH III but the same concept applies to IV. Just download the songs, store them on the sd card and then you can load them whenever you want in-game directly from the card. Thus, it would be feasible to have 20-30 songs on a 1 gig card.

But then if other games start having tons of DLC as well and/or you were to buy tons of virtual console/wiiware games you'd obviously need more sd cards for those. Which is why I'm hoping for an external harddrive to come out soon (though not getting my hopes up >_> )

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
http://kotaku.com/5010849/guitar-hero-world-tour-priced-more-expensive-than-rock-band

This game is officially dead to me. It's **** near $200 for the bundle, and honestly, it'd be stupid to get a band game if you don't have all the parts. Pity.
Rockband in europe is going to cost roughly $378 US, and that's after having to buy the game and instruments seperately so I don't see what you're whinging about.

http://kotaku.com/377168/europe-tot...ets/resources/2008/05/ghcontrollers.jpg[/img]

D

Deleted member

Holy crap indeed. Game Informer believes those extra buttons are for improvisation sections or note sliding.

Wrath`

Smash Master
might as well play the real guitar, oh wait I do.

Why so many buttons, the classic 5 is what made it relaxing int he first place.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
i only see ten buttons there....and the bottom ones are probably used in the same way as the drum fills are in rock band.

which would be awesome

SU_Remo

Remo Knows

Why're people crying about the price so much? Did anyone not expect the bundle to be a little less than $200? And it's only $20 more than Rock Band was. I mean, is twenty bucks really enough to make GH4 'dead to you'? Seriously, in this whole post, you've had so much negativity with everything that's been said about this game. Makes me think that nothing would change your mind about it, which has been made long ago.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The only thing that would make this game worth buying to me is if I can use my Rock Band stuff. It's foolish to release a game that uses multiple instruments when they know people also bought Rock Band.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
The only thing that would make this game worth buying to me is if I can use my Rock Band stuff. It's foolish to release a game that uses multiple instruments when they know people also bought Rock Band.
It makes sense for someone to not want to buy a whole new set of instruments just a play a new music game. But, that just may be the unfortunate circumstance for the people who've already purchased Rock Band. But, you act like it Neversoft's fault that Rock Band instruments might not be compatible with GH4. From what I've read both Harmonix and Neversoft bicker back and forth about why they never got together to exchange information about their peripherals. They're huge companies rivaling for the top spot in this new popular genre, so if they don't want to work together, that's not very surprising.

But moreover, the new instruments of GH4 are going to be so much better than RB's. If you haven't watched the promos or read the GI spread, I recommended that you do that. Neversoft has really looked at all the problems Rock Band had (instrument wise, the guitar is flimsy and cheap. And the strum bar is "gooey" for lack of a better word. The drums are very loud as well.) GH4's drums will be completely wireless, have velocity sensitivity, and will be much quieter.

And that is just an instrument viewpoint. For the risk of rambling, I won't go into all of the other things that GH has going for it that is improved from it's previous version and Rock Band. But, basically the Neversoft team has had adequate time to look at all of the problems to create the absolute best game of the genre to date.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
But, you act like it Neversoft's fault that Rock Band instruments might not be compatible with GH4. From what I've read both Harmonix and Neversoft bicker back and forth about why they never got together to exchange information about their peripherals.
While it's not quite Neversoft's fault, it's close. It's RedOctane's fault. They refuse to make any of the Guitar Hero games work with competitors guitars (at least for the 360 and PS3, there's tons of guitars for PS2). In the case of Rock Band, Harmonix took the Rock Band guitar to RedOctane, asked them to make it work with Guitar Hero 2 and 3, and were told no. Harmonix on the other hand didn't need permission to make Rock Band work with the Guitar Hero guitars, so they went ahead and made it so. And in the case of World Tour, it will once again be RedOctane's fault for making their game not work with competitors instruments. The game will suffer greatly in sales for it and it'll definitely be bashed in reviews for it, despite the World Tour drum set being "superior" and "more realistic".

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Lol I love how everyone hates RedOctane and Activision for the guitar incompatibility but no one seems to mind all the crap Harmonix has pulled with Rock Band. For one, the price of Rock Band in Europe is just ridiculous and the game took a long time to come out over there (okay Europe gets everything late but this seemed really late >_> ). Also parts of Europe still don't have and may never get the game. Then there's Australia that doesn't have it and all the wii owners who still have to wait a month for a horribly gimped version of the game.

Considering how huge of a market Harmonix has basically said "Screw you" to, I actually don't have a problem with RedOctane/Activision not making the instruments compatible. There's plenty of people who won't buy Rock Band now and Guitar Hero can really cash in on them in my opinion. Then there's still plenty of others who'll buy the game anyway.

In a perfect world, everyone would be able to get the games at the same time, the instruments would all be compatible etc... But the world's not perfect, both companies want to beat the other and make as much money as possible. The only thing to hope for is that both companies learn from their mistakes and keep improving >_>

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I like my version of the world so much better. Where video game companies aren't idiots and actually know about video games. In other words, Japan, except all over the world. Conceited as it might sound, I think this world would be a lot better if everything was up to me.

But eh, I'm not getting Rock Band, simply because they did so screw over the Wii version. GHWT looks sweet, though. I'll probably go for that.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Tell me exactly how you think that GHWT will have less shortcomings for the Wii compared to 360 and PS3 versions than Rock Band does?

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Tell me exactly how you think that GHWT will have less shortcomings for the Wii compared to 360 and PS3 versions than Rock Band does?
First off, GH3 had online play for the Wii so logically GHWT will also have it on the Wii. That's one less shortcoming. Second, GH3 came out for the Wii the same time it came out for the other consoles. Based on that and the fact that GHWT is being worked on for all the current gen consoles right now, one could safely assume that GHWT will come out for the Wii the same time it comes out for the 360/PS3. That's two less shortcomings. Next, it has been announced that GHWT will have DLC on the Wii. That's three less shortcomings.
There's probably more but I think 3 fewer shortcomings is enough for now >_>

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
I dont care if it does have shortcommings as long as it has a full set list, full fledged online, and DLC im good. (yes i could do without the create a song mode in my GH Wii)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You should hold that "Wii version will have DLC!" announcement for GHWT as dear as you held the "Wii version will have DLC!" announcement for GH3.

Top Bottom