• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
What I really want to say is....
WRONG!

I think the only songs that will be worth playing are Crazy Train, Sweet Home Alabama and, On the Road again. As far as the overall song roster, it sucks. They don't have any Dragonforce (Granted there are better songs by them than Through the Fire and the Flames) some bull crap picks out of the Jimi Hendrix (Would it have killed them to put in Voodoo Child?) and Metallica choices (Why couldn't they have put in Master of Puppets, Wherever I may Roam, or For Whom the Bell Tolls) I understand also, that GH has made its name off of relatively older, semi-hardcore rock but I really would've like to have seen some Killswitch Engage and Hatebreed.

D

Deleted member

On the DragonForce argument, have you ever noticed that every DragonForce song ever written SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME?! DragonForce might as well be a one-hit wonder.

A_man13

Smash Master
I just got back from Best Buy and was able to try out GH:WT and RB1 (they didn't have 2 on display) and I'm pretty impressed from both games (though probably much more if they had 2). I honestly liked the World Tour better myself, but that's mainly because A) more songs I recognized and B) I had to stand up for the guitar on RB.

I'm likely going to get one or the other for christmas (my family wants the full set, even though I could just deal with the guitar), so which should I try to get? I really liked the playlist on GH, but Rock band felt a lot smoother (and I hear the drums on GH are atrocious, but honestly I will never use the drums because I want to). I was also a lot more comfortable with the note reading and how the dificulty levels are set in GH (heck, if it wasn't for the fact that my brother was the poor hapless soul to do the drums, I'd probably chosen a pretty dificult song), but everything felt much smoother in Rock band. And even though I am more familiar with the playlist on GH, I recognize most songs by ear and not by titles or bands. Any advice?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
On the DragonForce argument, have you ever noticed that every DragonForce song ever written SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME?! DragonForce might as well be a one-hit wonder.
Regardless of if they sound the same, Flame of Youth and Operation Ground and Pound are Guitar Hero worthy.

Face it man, that list on the first post tells me that we're running out of non-death metal to put on Guitar Hero. Now all that's left is Guitar Hero: Director's Cut with every single song from all four games.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I need to renew my xbox live first before I can play anyone...I should be getting it sometime this week =)

but kirbyforall i would sure play you later this week if you want =)

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm up for some GH:WTing. I'm not on as much, but feel free to add me and invite when I am

Gamertag: The Remo

Engel

Smash Journeyman
December DLC schedule has been announced:

This week's DLC (i.e. tomorrow):
Smashing Pumpkins Track Pack:
1. G.L.O.W.
2. 1979
3. Everlasting Gaze

December 11th:
Nirvana Track Pack
1. You Know You're Right
2. Sliver
3. Negative Creep

December 18th:
The Eagles Track Pack
1. Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
2. Life in the Fast Lane
3. One of These Nights

December 23rd:
Reggae Rock Track Pack
1. Slightly Stoopid - Jimi
2. Pepper - Your Face
3. The Expendables - Sacrifice

The Eagles, Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. The songs in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection for WiiTM for 200 Wii Points.
As for the Reggae pack.... each song is free.

Kotaku

Overall, the list looks decent in my opinion even if I'm not a huge fan of any of the bands personally. Might pick up a few of the songs, and of course all 3 free ones.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Paaaaaain~
Paaaaaain~
Paaaaaain~

You know you're right...
You know you're right...

...Yeah, that's the only song I'm looking forward to, out of those.

D

Deleted member

Excuse my double post...

But I declare this thread "Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)!

Now, for the first bits of information on the game:

The final tracklist features over 45 songs comprising of about 60 percent Metallica tunes and 40 percent by outside artists. Activision revealed this initial selection of tracks. Each song was selected by the band itself, and features many of their personal favorites and influences from over the years. Although the game won't work with DLC from Guitar Hero III or World Tour, the game automatically incorporates your purchased Death Magnetic songs into the game experience.

Alice In Chains - "No Excuses"
Bob Seger - "Turn The Page"
Judas Priest - "Hell Bent For Leather"
Kyuss - "Demon Cleaner"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
Mastodon - "Blood And Thunder"
Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
Metallica - "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
Metallica - "Fuel"
Metallica - "Hit The Lights"
Metallica - "King Nothing"
Metallica - "Master of Puppets"
Metallica - "No Leaf Clover"
Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters"
Metallica - "Sad But True"
Metallica - "The Unforgiven"
Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam"
Michael Schenker Group - "Armed and Ready"
Samhain - "Mother of Mercy"
The Sword - "Black River

Also, from the Lars Ulrich interview: "The only band that's missing that I really wanted was Iron Maiden, because they are one of my favorite all-time bands. It didn't happen for reasons that I don't even know."

The game might also include tracks from Queen, Slayer, and Foo Fighters.

Source.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Some good stuff on the Metallica list :)

Also, aside from the Nirvana DLC it appears we got another track pack as well:

European Track Pack 01:
"Dis-Moi" by BB Brunes
"Mama Mae" by Negrita
"'54, '74, '90, 2010" by Sportfreunde Stiller

Never heard of any of them though :\ guess I'll have to find some youtube vids to see if they're worth getting.

edit:
Another European Track Pack to be released "later this month"was announced...

"Degenerated" by Backyard Babies
"Por La Boca Vive El Pez" by Fito Y Fitipaldis
"Johnny" by Di-Rect

D

Deleted member

What a way to celebrate Christmas, next week we get a crap track pack:

The Hard Rock Track Pack - Available December 23rd, 2008
1.) "Use Me" by Hinder
2.) "Because of You" by Nickelback
3.) "Light it Up" by Rev Theory

Click me.

January doesn't seem too special, either:

The Country Rock Track Pack - Available January 8th, 2008
1.) "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts
2.) "Ticks" by Brad Paisley
3.) "Hillbilly Deluxe" by Brooks & Dun

The Travis Barker Track Pack - Available January 15th, 2008
1.) "What's My Age Again"
2.) "Lycanthrope"
3.) "Low"

The Australian Band Track Pack - Available January 22nd, 2008
1.) "Tomorrow" by Silverchair
2.) "Dimension" by Wolfmother
3.) "Outtathaway" by The Vines

The Oasis Album Track Pack - Available January 29th, 2008
1.) "The Turning"
2.) "I'm Outta Time"
3.) "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady"
4.) "Falling Down"
5.) "To Be Where There's Life"
6.) "Ain't Got Nothin"
7.) "The Nature of Reality"
8.) "Soldier On"

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I just can't wait to Hit The Lights when the Metallica edition comes out. Aerosmith was meh, but a game built around the best metal band ever? Sign me up. Although it could have used Fade To Black and a little more Megadeth, now that the setlist is officially out.

Also, the list several posts up is missing Ride The Lightning.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I rented the game for PS3 and played it with my Rock Band stuff. The game is just not fun to me at all. The layout is awful and bland and everything is in the wrong place. Why is the multiplier on the right side instead of where the notes are coming? Why aren't the measures sectioned off? Why are songs over-charted? I played a few songs twice because the bass drum parts felt off. I then listened to the song and sure enough, a few bass drum hits weren't even in the song. What the hell?

No thanks, Neversoft.

D

Deleted member

Why would anyone pay $190 for this? That's nearly the price of a whole console (360 Arcade).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You forgot the "guest stars" Ted Nugent, CK. Tom Morello is GH 3 was actually kinda cool (despite the fact that Bulls on Parade is one of my least favorite RATM songs), but c'mon, Ted Nugent? Blink-182 members? That chick from Paramore? Billy Corgan and Sting were cool, but the Smashing Pumpkin song "Today" is also in Rock Band 2. Just thank GOD those rumors of Sammy Hagar being in the game (not just his most ****ty song, but the man himself) were false.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
You forgot the "guest stars" Ted Nugent, CK. Tom Morello is GH 3 was actually kinda cool (despite the fact that Bulls on Parade is one of my least favorite RATM songs), but c'mon, Ted Nugent? Blink-182 members? That chick from Paramore? Billy Corgan and Sting were cool, but the Smashing Pumpkin song "Today" is also in Rock Band 2. Just thank GOD those rumors of Sammy Hagar being in the game (not just his most ****ty song, but the man himself) were false.
BAWWWWW different people have different tastes in music/artists.... cry me a river...

I rented the game for PS3 and played it with my Rock Band stuff. The game is just not fun to me at all. The layout is awful and bland and everything is in the wrong place.
You know I could say the same when playing Rock Band. But to me now, the games HAVE to have some differences. And they are just that, minor differences in most cases to differentiate from the competition. You can prefer one to another but neither is really that much better. It's more of being used to one then seeing the other and having to adjust at first.

Why are songs over-charted? I played a few songs twice because the bass drum parts felt off. I then listened to the song and sure enough, a few bass drum hits weren't even in the song. What the hell?
Lol, the only time overcharting can really be mentioned at all is when something is charted that's not in the actual song. And both companies have been guilty of this at times. It's generally an add more challenge/fun kind of thing because, well, it's a game.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Wow, my thoughts exactly.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I heard this game sucks.

Naw that was mean. Really though, I'm surprised I haven't seen more people on my friends list playing this- especially after christmas. Anybody have sales data?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I have it now. In case anyone doesn't know yet, Rock Band 2 is better, although they made a few valiant attempts in World Tour to add new elements. But my main qualm really isn't even gameplay, it's just the song choice. There are, like, four songs in WT that I really like to play, and a few others that are fun from time to time. Of the former category, one (BYOB) is available in RB2, and of the latter, at least one is as well (Eye Of The Tiger). Really, the only things in WT that are missing from RB2 are Trapped Under Ice (far from Metallica's best) Sweet Home Alabama, Hotel California, Crazy Train, and Pull Me Under. There's also the Death Magnetic album, but there are only a few worthwhile songs there.

On the other hand, RB2 has Any Way You Want It, Battery, Panic Attack, Shackler's Revenge, Ace Of Spades '08, Carry On Wayward Son, Down With The Sickness, Hungry Like The Wolf, Let There Be Rock, Master Exploder, Peace Sells, and Testify. This is to say nothing of the massive amounts of downloadable content, which includes tons of other good music. So, although I preferred GH3 to Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2 is the clear victor over it's competitor here.

That said, I'm gonna be all over GH Metallica.

Or30

Smash Cadet
I LOVE THIS GAME
I WANT IT
I PLAY IT ON EXPERT
I WILL GET METALLICA WHEN IT COMES OUT
I WILL PLAY IT (duh)
I WILL BURN IT WHEN I'M DONE
I WILL GIVE IT AWAY IF I DON'T BURN IT

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Bump for info:

GH:Metallica full setlist:

Metallica Tracks:

All Nightmare Long
Battery
Creeping Death
Disposable Heroes
Dyers Eve
Enter Sandman
Fade to Black
Fight Fire With Fire
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Frantic
Fuel
Hit The Lights
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
Mercyful Fate (Medley)
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Orion
Sad But True
Seek And Destroy
The Memory Remains
The Shortest Straw
The Thing That Should Not Be
The Unforgiven
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Wherever I May Roam
Whiplash

Other Artists:

Alice In Chains - No Excuses
Bob Seger - Turn The Page
Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross
Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone
Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
Mastodon - Blood And Thunder
Mercyful Fate - Evil
Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
Samhain - Mother of Mercy
Slayer - War Ensemble
Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster
Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head
System of a Down - Toxicity
The Sword - Black River
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85129
Breakdown by Album - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88122

Also February DLC news:

February 12 - Acoustic Track Pack:
The Shins - New Slang
Ryan Adams version of Wonderwall
Incubus - Drive

February 19 - Wings Track Pack:
Junior's Farm
Hi Hi Hi
Jet

February 26 - Bob Seger Track Pack:
Old Time Rock and Roll
Her Strut
Get Out of Denver

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88185

And don't forget the couple free Springsteen songs at the start of the month ^_^

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No kidding- that song is beautiful.

Not many songs can just make me want to sit and listen to them like that.

Top Bottom