• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

This game is gonna friggin' ROCK!!! (<-- literally)

-Song maker
-Character creator
-Instrument creator
-84 songs
-ALL INSTRUMENTS!!!!!!

I'm going to play this game every possible hour I can!!!

D

Deleted member

Gameplay of a few solos. My critique on the solos:

Beat It: Eddie Van Halen at some of his best.
The Joker: I hate Steve Miller even more. The solo sucks.
La Bamba: Meh.
L'Via L'Viaquez: Pretty hard looking.
Sweet Home Alabama (Live): Again, meh. Not Lynyrd Skynyrd's best.
Purple Haze (Live): Jimi Hendrix is what all guitarists strive for!

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Gameplay of a few solos. My critique on the solos:

Beat It: Eddie Van Halen at some of his best.
The Joker: I hate Steve Miller even more. The solo sucks.
La Bamba: Meh.
L'Via L'Viaquez: Pretty hard looking.
Sweet Home Alabama (Live): Again, meh. Not Lynyrd Skynyrd's best.
Purple Haze (Live): Jimi Hendrix is what all guitarists strive for!
What I think of these solos/songs:

Beat It: Don't know why everybody hates on this song. Probably cause they never actually LISTENED to the guitar in it. Awesome solo.
The Joker: I love this song, but the solo is definitely nothing special. Definitely will be a 5* first try.
La Bamba: I like the song I guess, but I suck at consistent fast strumming, so eh...
L'Via L'Viaquez: Amazing song. One of the songs I'm looking forward to the most. Solo definitely looks challenging.
Sweet Home Alabama: ehhh....kinda got bored watching it.
Purple Haze: Awesome. Sooo glad this is in instead of the studio version.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Song Creator and New Audio Options = Win
Imagine JUST listening to one instrument... It would be so weird... But Awesome... I'de like to listen to a say with everything playing other than vocals/guitar.... It could sound interesting....

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I primarily play the drums in RB and I really like WT's drum set up much better than RB's. The two cymbals give a more realistic feel and more complicated songs can be done. The fact that the foot pedal is not bounded to something is a turn off.

On the guitar side, i real like that the bass players have "empty notes" where they have to strum with out pressing any buttons. It adds difficulty to the normally easy bass sections of songs. In complicated songs having to completely remove your hands from the buttons might throw you off, especially when having to slide your hand up and down to hit the orange note. It also differentiates bass from guitar a bit more.

The touch pad thing for guitars may turn out to be fun. I've seen videos of WT guitarists where they have to run there hands up and down the touch pad to hit sustains. The tap strumming mmay also turn out to be fun.

I still trust RB more, and believe their set list to be superior. I am also turned off by Guitar Hero's in game UI but because of the things mention above (mainly the cymbals for drums) I will check out WT.

I also really want to know if the cymbals on the ION kit for rock band can be mapped to different buttons. So that ION sets can play WT's 5 note and 1 pedal style instead of having to merge them into 4 like they will be doing with regular RB peripherals.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I am a Hendrix fan. The studio Purple Haze just seems better IMO...
Everything live is better. The fact he's playing sloppily is because he was playing that song live every 3 days at a concert or TV show or a festival for almost 3 years straight, so of course he's going to mess around with some of it.

The studio songs gets boring for me since Every time I hear a new concert of Hendrix all the songs are played very differently compared to the last one and probably the next.

D

Deleted member

Wow. Absolutely ruined. Why the hell did MC5 agree to do that?
Yeah, I agree, what the hell happened to "KICK OUT THE JAMS, MUTHAF*CKAS!"
Censorship, dammit.

All we need now is GH: The Beatles and I can die a happy man.
It's very likely, but there's still the chance the masters may have the Black Sabbath effect.

See Above said:
@ Purple Haze (live): I like to studio version better, Hendrix seems sloppy live.
Might I point out that the most famous line from Purple Haze wasn't even in the studio version:

Live versions of Purple Haze said:
'Scuse me while kiss that guy.
Also, videos for Hollywood Nights, Mr. Crowley, and Soul Doubt are up.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Meh, I will still get it mainly for Guitar, but Rock Band still kills this in the whole band aspect. Plus, the wii version of RB2 gets all of the dlc from the original. I will still get both though.

D

Deleted member

The first post has been updated with the complete setlist by venues.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Got this preordered and paid for a couple weeks ago for the 360 and I am EXCITED for next Sunday. If anyone's interested in trading gamertags for XBL, feel free to PM me.

I'm definitely most excited about the music studio though. I'm a big music junkie, and I enjoy editing media a LOT, so GHMix is right up my alley. Should the limit be longer than three minutes? Naturally, four minutes would be ideal and five minutes would be perfect, but the note limitations for each track thankfully don't seem too constraining. Yet, it's sad when I've actually compiled a long list of songs that I want to create - Uxie Battle Theme from Pokemon D/P, Chu-Bura and Number One from Bleach, Molgera from Wind Waker, just to name a few...

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Just like Youko said, I'm looking for some people to play some GHWT with. Heh, it's the only reason why I bought the 360. So, my Gamertag is The Remo, so if anyone wants to get on it, send me a PM or a request or something like that.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm still unsure if I should get this game. There are a few songs I like: BYOB, Hotel California, and some more. But I want to wait until there's more news about Wii controller compatibilty between GH:WT and RB2.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm still unsure if I should get this game. There are a few songs I like: BYOB, Hotel California, and some more. But I want to wait until there's more news about Wii controller compatibilty between GH:WT and RB2.
As far as I know, every peripheral for each console is compatible with both Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2. That got announced a few months ago. Hmm... but I might be mistaken...

I'm so glad I'm a 360 owner now. I'm almost thinking of selling that little white borecube.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
Actually, there is no official word yet on whether the WT and RB2 instruments will be compatible on the wii. There was a rumor that the reason RB2 got delayed until december on the wii is so that they can be compatible but this is just rumor/speculation. However, the GH3 guitar will work with RB2 on the wii.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Saw that this game had 3 Tool songs, so I had to preorder it. Looking forward to it, maybe my wife will try it out too :)

derek.haines

Smash Ace
'm so glad I'm a 360 owner now. I'm almost thinking of selling that little white borecube.
So you don't want to play anything good anymore?
Kidding. As a multi-console owner, I think that experiencing games for different platforms is the only way to go nowadays. Don't sell the Wii though, there's more than enough of a reason to keep it if you care enough.

On topic, I'm completely skipping over RB2 in favor of this. I only need one drum set, and this will be the drum set I've chosen.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
So you don't want to play anything good anymore?
Kidding. As a multi-console owner, I think that experiencing games for different platforms is the only way to go nowadays. Don't sell the Wii though, there's more than enough of a reason to keep it if you care enough.

On topic, I'm completely skipping over RB2 in favor of this. I only need one drum set, and this will be the drum set I've chosen.
I don't hate the Wii. I just hate the direction things are going. When three of the top games that Nintendo pushed this year were Mario Kart (I hated it), WiiFit, and WiiMusic.... I can get over the graphical limitations, memory space issues, irritating obsession to make use of how "cool" the Wiimote is, etc. I can get over all of that when the software is up to snuff. I love Zelda, heard Metriod was fun, and loved Smash of course. I'm fine with them making casual games, but the balance is shifting in a dangerous direction. So after all of that, it makes my shiny new Xbox so much better.

Oh my gosh... less than 24 hours... Are there any songs you guys are planning on playing first (if you use codes) or just looking forward to? Dammit by blink-182 and Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups for me.

D

Deleted member

I looking foward to play Purple Haze, Band on the Run, Hot for Teacher, Crazy Train, Everlong, and Hotel California.

Also, some GameStops are having midnight launches. Mine is having one, but my parents won't let me go. :(

I have reserved the Wii version, but I plan on exchanging it for the Xbox 360 version of said game.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm going to my local Gamestop's midnight release. I plan on getting there at about 10:30. I really want to be first in line so I can get out of there quickly. I was first for Smash, and that was really nice. All of my Gamestops closed reservations on the Xbox version of the full band kit weeks ago. So, I have to buy the guitar kit tonight. I'm borrowing my friend's RB microphone and I'm going to get the drums as soon as I can. Not sure how I'm going to swing that in a timely manner...

D

Deleted member

I do realize reservations for the Xbox band kit are over. That's why I'm asking to exchange my Wii version.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Awwww...turns out I'll be getting the game on Monday...

Oh well...I suppose I can just watch a bunch of gameplay videos 'til then. So stoked!!

hectichobo

Smash Ace
****it im poor...i wont be getting this for a month or so... bummer... mite even have to wait tell christmas... i guess ill have to use my GH3 guitar for the gameplay videos then? haha, im pathetic...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I have question:

Can I buy the game only use an old guitar and play it like 1,2 and 3. The whole band stuff doesnt intrest me....I just wanna play the new songs on guitar.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
The les paul works with it, I think the xplorer works as well >_>

Getting the game later today >_< already got to play it a little because a friend managed to get it early....

awesome game is awesome

Top Bottom