• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Guitar Hero World Tour > Guitar Hero II >Guitar Hero III > Guitar Hero Aerosmith > Guitar Hero > Guitar Hero Rock The 80's > Rock Band 2 > Rock Band
Seriously hope you're joking about both RB's at the bottom of the list.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I'm honestly disappointed. I was expecting a little more. All of this was either confirmed or on the rumored setlist. The lack of anything else is what disappoints me. Not to mention they're missing several major bands, like Aerosmith, Boston, GNR, and the Who.:(
Yeah...I'm kind of bummed out too. "My Generation" could have been added, "Baba O'Riley" would have been really awesome if they thought of a way to fix the intro.:( I would have wanted some Beatles song, I'm a big fan, but I guess Wings is ok. The next GH/RB should have a little keyboard or something...maybe even a background dancer XD..

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Seriously hope you're joking about both RB's at the bottom of the list.
I ment the game not the songs, i have a problem with rockband, i just hate it.... so... so... much....

I think ive played it 4 times? and ive owned it for a good 2 or 3 months... rock bands expert is like playing medium on guitar hero with an orange button...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I had an orgasm when I saw BYOB and 3 (THREE!!!!) Tool songs. This game is going be my life, screw college.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I ment the game not the songs, i have a problem with rockband, i just hate it.... so... so... much....

I think ive played it 4 times? and ive owned it for a good 2 or 3 months... rock bands expert is like playing medium on guitar hero with an orange button...
Oh god. Not this again. Anyways, you obviously didn't play the game enough/aren't into DLC.

To each his own.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Actually I have it for Wii, might explain some of it... >.>
And i did play the game... It didn't take long to beat on guitar - expert...
And what do you meen... "not this again"?

Engel

Smash Journeyman
And what do you meen... "not this again"?

*Waves* :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I actually got to play RB1 some more since our college union got it (way to get 1 right before the new games come out >_>). Got to play every song now several times over until the drum pedal broke in about 1 week and then the 360 RRoD'd >_<. But playing it more just made me hate it more >_>.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion

hectichobo

Smash Ace
In that case ur cool. :)
ΐΪΫάέήίΰςϊϋόύώ!¡?¿«»««»»‘|§∞%@±=÷<>+-×}{·][♭♪¥€£¢$↑↓→←©®™
Woo im on my wii... that GHWT will give dlc.... but not rock band... cause it... is a discrimination...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Rock Band already has given the Wii track packs. And if I'm not mistaken, RB2 will start DLC. Am I wrong?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Blackshadow, if you look earlier in the thread, you'd see that's something you do not want to start up again.

And I respectfully disagree that it's going to be blowing anything out of the water.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Okay. The only thing you can even say GH:WT MIGHT have going for it over RB is characters, song creator, and difficulty, which are not all even necesarily desirable. If it "blows RB out of the water" it is only because of ignorance and a previous fanbase.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The song creator is limited to 1200 notes TOTAL and 3 minutes.
Wow. That's really lame. It still has possibilities, for shorter songs. I hope...

THIS, on the other hand, sounds cool. Assuming there isn't some asinine restraints, excluding the 360.

Here's my personal picks on the track list

* At The Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”
* Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”

* Blondie - “One Way or Another”
* Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”

* Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”
* The Cult - “Love Removal Machine”
* Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain” (One of my least favorite songs on easily their worst album [at 3 1/2 stars], but nice to see some rep.)
* The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”

* Jane's Addiction - “Mountain Song”
* Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”

* Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”

* MC5’s Wayne Kramer - “Kick Out The Jams” (It's a re-recording so it's going to blow ***, but it's nice to see MC5 get some rep. That's the only reason it's on here.)

* Motörhead - “Overkill”

* Nirvana - “About a Girl (Unplugged)”

* R.E.M. - “The One I Love”

* Smashing Pumpkins - “Today”
* Steely Dan - “Do It Again”

* Sting - “Demolition Man (Live)” (Original material or bust.)
* The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”

* Tool - “Vicarious”

* Willie Nelson - “On The Road Again” (**** loads of better material, but still, nice to see rep.)
A few of them are already in Rock Band :/

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Mr GAW said:
Okay. The only thing you can even say GH:WT MIGHT have going for it over RB is characters, song creator, and difficulty, which are not all even necesarily desirable. If it "blows RB out of the water" it is only because of ignorance and a previous fanbase.
Me said:
I'd prefer to let the situation play itself out to prove what I'm saying rather than pointlessly debate such an opinionated issue. You have nothing to worry about in regards to starting up any debate on the matter.
Please read. Unless, of course, you like getting warnings for trolling.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The statement wasn't only directed at you. Just because you say you don't want to start up a debate on the matter doesn't mean people can't respond to you're post. I don't see how you figure that's trolling.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Responding to my post will create a debate over the games, because you're disagreeing with my opinion. If I, or any other member who shares my opinion, decides to challenge your opinion, it's going to continue in a vicious circle of challenging opinions until it turns into another pointless debate that no side can prove to the other.

Cashed said that the way I posted will only lead to another debate like the one earlier on in the thread, so if you decide to challenge my opinion, all you're going to do is degenerate the thread into a debate. This is why I said for you to read; continuing to challenge my opinion in full knowledge that it will lead into a fanboy opinion-heated debate when that's something less than desirable is trolling.

Now, do you like infractions, or would you prefer that this thread gets back on topic?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Now, do you like infractions, or would you prefer that this thread gets back on topic?
Maybe you shouldn't post pointless, fanboyish statements and then get upset when someone decides to respond to a post on a forum. Debates aren't trolling. This is a discussion forum... meant for discussing things. They might be heated and opinionated, but it's better complaining and threatening people with infractions.

Anyways, if that 1200 note/3 minutes thing is true, well... it's a shame. It reminds me of the Brawl release. They make these promises of great thing, only to give these pointless restrictions right before release. Like a little "Oh, by the way" as if nothing's changed. Ah well... I sure hope this isn't going to be a trend of things to come.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Okay, I don't want to start a debate over your intelligence, but there's nothing wrong with me calling you out on a blatantly fanboyish claim that GH:WT is so much better that it will "blow RB out of the water". I know whether or not I'm going to take part in a debate, which I'm not. Cashed only said you wouldn't want to start up a debate again because it's already been covered and was long, obnoxious, and heavily opinionated, not because it wasn't insightful or interesting.

Starting a debate on a subject of GUITAR HERO in a GUITAR HERO topic would not be uncalled for or worthy of an infraction, although I'm not trying to start one, and definetly won't take part in one. As a "Smash Debater" I sort of figured you would recognize debates can be more than a "degeneration" of converstaion, but I guess you just like to bring down the quality in things on this forum.

Anyways, all I intended in my first post was to correct your statement into something with some more substance than opinion. Sorry for, um... well, nothing really.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Maybe you shouldn't post pointless, fanboyish statements and then get upset when someone decides to respond to a post on a forum. Debates aren't trolling. This is a discussion forum... meant for discussing things. They might be heated and opinionated, but it's better complaining and threatening people with infractions.
Did it feel good to get that out of your system?

And like GAW pointed out, I never said you couldn't start up a debate in here if you wanted to, I just said it's something you probably want to avoid doing, as it wasn't pretty last time.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Sigh...another day on Smashboards.

KingReMO said:
I got upset? Strange. I don't remember anything of the sort, all I did was calmly respond to someone's post. While certainly my comment was fanboyish, I was saying it in the Guitar Hero World Tour topic. That's something you should expect. I think you've gotten the order of events here very mixed up, because in case you didn't notice, Cashed posted saying (to paraphrase) that it wasn't a good idea to start up yet another debate on the matter. I agreed with him, but Mr GAW decided he'd like to throw his own opinion into the matter, and in turn start up another debate (which I had just finished saying I didn't want to debate something so fanboyish and opininated). All I was doing in my previous post was pointing out to him why his post was going to cause a debate. While it's fair enough to say that accusing him of trolling is a bit over-the-top, his post was still going to cause another useless fanboy debate. So clearly, you need to think a bit more before you post there, buddy.

Mr GAW said:
Okay, I don't want to start a debate over your intelligence, but there's nothing wrong with me calling you out on a blatantly fanboyish claim that GH:WT is so much better that it will "blow RB out of the water". I know whether or not I'm going to take part in a debate, which I'm not. Cashed only said you wouldn't want to start up a debate again because it's already been covered and was long, obnoxious, and heavily opinionated, not because it wasn't insightful or interesting.
It is when I clearly said I'd rather the games themselves prove my claims rather than starting up another debate. I clearly stated I didn't want to debate, yet you decided to debate my post anyway. If you want to have this sort of debate, either debate with another member on the matter or take it over to the RB topic, because frankly I'd rather not.

In regards to your second paragraph, that's exactly the reason why I didn't want to debate it. Please, for the love of whatever higher being you believe in, learn to read.

Starting a debate on a subject of GUITAR HERO in a GUITAR HERO topic would not be uncalled for or worthy of an infraction, although I'm not trying to start one, and definetly won't take part in one. As a "Smash Debater" I sort of figured you would recognize debates can be more than a "degeneration" of converstaion, but I guess you just like to bring down the quality in things on this forum.
Sigh...you like being told to read, don't you? Ready for it?

Me said:
I'd prefer to let the situation play itself out to prove what I'm saying rather than pointlessly debate such an opinionated issue.
Please reassure me that this is only a temporary thing. Please?

Mr GAW said:
Anyways, all I intended in my first post was to correct your statement into something with some more substance than opinion. Sorry for, um... well, nothing really.
Correct my statement? More substance than opinion? Something that is your opinion has more substance than someone else's opinion, simply because you disagree? Oh man, you're a riot, really. The amount of fanboyism that leaks out of your posts that you misrepresent as fact is simply hilarious. You do know the phrase "subjective", no?

Cashed said:
And like GAW pointed out, I never said you couldn't start up a debate in here if you wanted to, I just said it's something you probably want to avoid doing, as it wasn't pretty last time.
Which is exactly what I said below your earlier post. Sigh.

Now, please allow this thread to get back on topic, I'd hate to deprive the World Tour topic of it's usually liveliness simply because a few posters decided reading wasn't their forte'.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hay guyz wherz the RB2 GHWT deb8? o wat? thers not 1? ma bad

D

Deleted member

Yep. The mods at the Guitar Hero Community claim that the equilavent to Raining Blood is....

Satch Boogie. I seen gameplay for Satch Boogie. In terms of difficulty, it seems more like Cliffs of Dover (And not just because they're both instrumentals).

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
It looks like a pretty fun song. I know what you mean about the Cliffs comparison. I'll be looking forward to FCing that one, heh. Maybe.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
FINALLY HENDRIX! BOUT TIME!

System of a Down--"B.Y.O.B."
.............yessssss.................... HELLLZ YEAAAAHH!!! I would buy this game JUST for that song! Good to see moar muse too.

......This comes out for Wii right? *Plz God be good to me*

Top Bottom