• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I have question:

Can I buy the game only use an old guitar and play it like 1,2 and 3. The whole band stuff doesnt intrest me....I just wanna play the new songs on guitar.
Yes, you can. Being the unfortunate fool I am, I bought Rock Band 1 (for the PS2 no less >_<) the day before Guitar Hero 4 was announced. Now my parents won't let me get the full band, so I'm missing out on drums.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I'm getting a little concerned because of problems people are reporting on GH Forums...pads on the drums not responding, strummer not working or getting stuck...should I be worried?

I dunno, maybe it's day-before paranoia setting in.

D

Deleted member

Dang, ReMo already is playing it? I have to wait 5-6 hours. :(

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i have a question, and this is the first time ive stopped by this subforum so i dont know if this has been addressed before but.....

how many wiimotes do i need to play with a band of 4?? ive looked on google and ive read some that said 3 and some that said 4 because of the mic or something.......

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
From the little I've read about the Wii version (I'll be getting it for the 360), you supposedly will need a remote for everything. Drums, guitars, and mic...although that sounds tedious with the microphone...*shrug*

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
So I'm getting a little concerned because of problems people are reporting on GH Forums...pads on the drums not responding, strummer not working or getting stuck...should I be worried?

I dunno, maybe it's day-before paranoia setting in.
Mmk, just woke up after playing all night. Some good news and bad news. Good news is that everything (except for the bad news) is really awesome and impressive. The guitar controller is pretty much perfect and you won't really know what I mean until you get it in your hands.

Bad news is that Youko is right to be worried. My friend bought the drums and we were having big issues with it all night. The yellow pad registers only sometimes, the orange barely did, the red pad was having some big problems, ugh... And I've noticed a lot more people have had the same problems. My friend is going to take it back tomorrow and get another set. If he's still having problems, then he's going to send it back to Red Octane and hopefully they'll send him a working one back.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
7.9 from IGN. Review says that created songs don't sound too good (regardless of what you're creating, the audio quality is poor), no indication if someone is about to fail out is really irritating, band career mode wasn't handled like it should have been. They liked the open strum note for Bass, though!

And hardware problems? I thought RedOctane was above this.

Yaya

Smash Champion
This game kinda is what I saw coming, this game is not appealing gameplay wise, and I still hate all of their charts, even though it's not as much of a chordgasm.

And Guitar Hero continues to spiral down straight to hell.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Mmk, just woke up after playing all night. Some good news and bad news. Good news is that everything (except for the bad news) is really awesome and impressive. The guitar controller is pretty much perfect and you won't really know what I mean until you get it in your hands.

Bad news is that Youko is right to be worried. My friend bought the drums and we were having big issues with it all night. The yellow pad registers only sometimes, the orange barely did, the red pad was having some big problems, ugh... And I've noticed a lot more people have had the same problems. My friend is going to take it back tomorrow and get another set. If he's still having problems, then he's going to send it back to Red Octane and hopefully they'll send him a working one back.
does this problem occur in all the platforms?

and how much are the drums, bass, and mic separately

i went in to buy the bundle today but they didnt have it and they said they probly wont have it for a while. I'm tempted to just get the game + guitar, but i would like to have the full set in the future and i just want to know if i should wait for the bundle (for god knows how long) or just get the guitar+game now and buy the other instruments later. And if you want to say just go to another store, well i cant because ive got $150 worth of giftcards to target, and they dont carry the wii bundle (for now) cant order online either cause you can only use 4 giftcards ordering online. I'm kind of in a pinch here >.<

also......you can really use the GH3 guitar for world tour???!?! I did not know this, from what ive read you can't........any links regarding this would be greatly appreciated

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The game got ****ted on by IGN. That sucks because that mean the only form of competition for Rock Band 2 is Rock Revolution...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hahahahaha.
:)

Really though, I might still rent the game for a night w/ my buddies to play some of the new songs, but this is pretty much what I expected.

Song creator's garbage, weird looking character models, a super loose timing window, and HARDWARE PROBLEMS! OHSNOES.

Anyway, it was a stupid choice to not have a bar for which the bass pedal can rest.

Still, with DLC it can still be a quality game, but I totally agree with the IGN editor in that it's really just on par with RB1.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
Some people are saying their drums work fine...so it might be just how rock band was when it first came out....

I play guitar anyway so it's all good

Engel

Smash Journeyman
lol reviews and trolls >_>

The cymbals on my kit work perfectly... if someone's don't work well, I'd say make sure they're on secure and connected right....

My red pad seems slightly harder to hit than the others though it's not too noticeable and I'm no real drum expert >_<.... also there's been word that there'll be a program to help calibrate the drum pads...

We did have some minor issues with either dropped hits or crosstalk in some of the kits that we played with however a great solution is already in the works to rectify this. Through a software program on your computer, you will be able to adjust the sensitivity settings for the drums, and save them to the firmware built into the drum kit. Various settings like Sensitivity, Threshold, and Cross Talk were available with a range of 1-100, 1 being the most sensitive. You can change the settings for each pad/cymbal/pedal individually. This program will be available for free shortly after game launch from guitarhero.com.
http://wiki.scorehero.com/NSCommunityArticleDrums

As for the guitar.... mine works fine, the only real complaint I have is the awkward position of the start button. Also, the touch strip is pretty awkward but I'll probably just stick with the frets >_>

Gameplay.... the guitar charts have been looking good so far and has been fun to play.

*shrugs* The game is good

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*ugh, I was beaten to on that article, lol*

Urr? Maybe there's hope then? I'm very nervous to see what happens when I get my kit tomorrow.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I bought the full set today. I've been mainly playing the drums, and for the most part its fun as hell. I tried the mic once, its meh. Haven't tried guitar yet.

D

Deleted member

I'm having a great time with the game. I had a blast changing the lyrics of "The Joker" to make fun of Steve Miller. :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*Sigh* So my fully-paid pre-order from a month ago is all for naught, as the local business has yet to receive their shipment. The owner guesses that it might come Wednesday or Thursday...but I probably should be bracing myself for it to be even later than that.

Anyway, it's good to see some small positive things coming out of this overall bleak release from Activision. I still look forward to playing it and MAKING MUSIC STUDIO SONGS...

Darkurai

Smash Master
It takes forever to duplicate a song in Music Studio.

Well worth it, but I made a song that was 1:34 long, and it took about 5 hours.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
need some opinions please!

So I have the original rock band, and I was thinking of picking up the new gh bundle for the new guitar and drums, epically because i work at fye and I can get a small discount, but it doesnt look like fye is getting the full band set. We have only got the guitar bundle. Before I would drop 200 bucks though I want to make sure it is worth it. Mostly I want to know how the drums are and if i am better off with rb drums or better off getting the new set.
I am also wanting to pick up the rb2 game separate so am i better off just sticking only to rb games?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
World Tour's drumset is having some problems, much like the original Rock Band's did. If you want a really good drum set that hasn't been reported to have any widespread problems, I'd go with the Rock Band 2 drums.

As for getting the game, you may as well if you like the set list.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
...? The Guitar Hero WT drumkit has the extra pad, but the RB2 kit is still probably better, and you can buy cymbols for it if you really want to at a later date. Really, just go w whatever setlist you like better in terms of the actual game.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So after playing the guitar for a bit I find the strum bar is really squeaky o_O and the red and green frets will stick more often than I'd like to admit. I suppose some wearing in will fix both of these, but it still is less than I would come to expect.

Oh, and the setlist is crap, besides a few gems.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I just made my first song in the Music Studio. Believe it or not, GHMix is really quite good, if you know how to work it and are patient enough to learn. Sadly, most people don't want to give it the effort.

"Let it Rip" by SMYNYouko

That's right...the Beyblade theme. Hell yes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
These problems with various instruments, are they the same problems on every platform, or just a few?

Hate games that are on multiple platforms when no one ever says what system they're using...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I played it on Wii and had no problems with the drums or guitar. From what I've played, it's AT LEAST on par with Rock Band for most people, but if you play guitar only and have no interest in band play, I'd go with Guitar Hero.

EDIT: The guitar charts are really good in this game. Better than GH3.

Another edit: Oh, and to IGN, who said that you can't tell if somebody's failing: Yes you can! Their note highway turns red and starts flashing. Because star power is shared as a group, you don't need the team to save you. You always have to save yourself.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
From what I've seen, video-wise, Rock Band actually has the harder guitar parts on songs that they share. Ask Cashed about this one.

And yes, Guitar Hero is on par with Rock Band 1, not 2. Nearly every review states that thoroughly that RB2 is the better game.

If it works with the RB2 instruments, I'll give it a rental for sure.

Yaya

Smash Champion
It does, the bass pedal for World Tour also works for Rock Band, so you can heave a double bass.

Yes, This Calling by All That Remains is possible to FC now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
From what I've seen, video-wise, Rock Band actually has the harder guitar parts on songs that they share. Ask Cashed about this one.
For those curious: What the shared songs here: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/27/rock-band-2-gh-world-tours-shared-tracks-compared/

The biggest things that confuse me are during Float On, where there's a portion of the song that you're playing the lead guitar and rhythm guitar at the same time, and Lazy Eye, which just has a terrible chart overall in World Tour.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So I just made my first song in the Music Studio. Believe it or not, GHMix is really quite good, if you know how to work it and are patient enough to learn. Sadly, most people don't want to give it the effort.

"Let it Rip" by SMYNYouko

That's right...the Beyblade theme. Hell yes.
Looking up at demonstrations on YouTube, the song creator has potential to be really complex and rewarding.

It's a shame 90% of the game's target audience know jack **** about Scales or Chords or anything about how to play the guitar.

NintenOwned

Smash Rookie
This game is pretty good, but the GHTunes thing is really bugging me.

I made this badass, and I mean badass remix of Gerudo Valley and put it on GHtunes (I own the PS3 version, tell me if you've heard my song). In one hour it was number one on the Best Songs of all time list. It was awesome, I had worked on that song for five days striaght and it was so good to see people actually like it.

Then the next day they took it off. I went to the music studio and I couldn't change the name, couldn't change to genre, and couldn't upload it again because it "Broke to terms of services". This really pissed me off, because number two and three on the Best songs of all time list was a remix of Green Greens, and the Overworld theme to the Zelda series. Why do their songs get to stay up but mine had to get taken down? They are all songs from video games! If my song is breaking the rules then theres are too! I garuntee you that if I named my song ANYTHING other then Gerudo Valley, it would still be up there rocking the charts.

All that work for nothing :(

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I know... I looked at the top songs. Banjo Kazooie, Lostwoods theme, Cerulean City, Green Hill Zone, etc are all up there at the top and will probably be deleted for voilating terms of service. :( It's lame, but I love it so much.

I put Digimon (by The Pachecoisms) up for Wii just now.

Top Bottom