• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Noooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaay.

In The End's just about the only song by Linkin' Park I'll still listen to. It's one of the only songs they have that is unique enough to make up for all the empty angst they have in all their songs. [/one man's opinion]

Not that it matters since I don't think I'll be getting WT anyway. None of the confirmed songs for WT really grab me, and if this rumored list is accurate the only songs on it that would pique my interest are already on RB2 or are DLC for RB.
[/another man's copied opinion]

D

Deleted member

Personally, I would have prefered "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love".

D

Deleted member

I've just realized something BIG. Look at some of the songs Wrath of Koarin posted.

Modern:
All American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
The Take Over The Breaks Over - Fall Out Boy
Smashing Pumpkins - Tarantula

2000's
The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
One Step Closer - Linkin Park
Seether - Remedy
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle (GH4)

1990's
Lenny Kravits - Are You Gonna Go My Way (GH4)
Veruca Salt - Volcano Girls
Stone Temple pilots - Down
Buddy Holly - Weezer (GH4)
No Rain - Blind Melon

1980's
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55
Any Way You Want It - Journey

1970's
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
All Right Now - Free
Rock And Roll Band - Boston

Bonus:
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Queen - We Are The Champions
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie (GH4)
Now, look at this.

Apparently, WOK's friend works at Neversoft, beacuse the bolded songs have been confrmed to appear in On Tour Decades. He also stated that the following songs were in GHWT. Bold are confirmed, underlined were on the GHWT leaked setlist:

The wrath of Koarin said:
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
The Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man
Sublime - Santeria
Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Linkin Park - What I've Done
Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
The One I Love - R.E.M.
The Eagles - Hotel California
No Doubt - Spiderwebs
Joan Jett - Heartbreaker
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

Los Lobos - La Bamba
Lynyrd Synyrd - Sweet Home Alabama ( Live)
Muse - Assassin

Nirvana - About A Girl (Unplugged)
Also, the setlist leaker said the songs on the setlist were from the top of his mind.

D

Deleted member

[URL='http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899340p1.html"]New IGN article.[/URL]

• Coldplay--"Shiver"
  • No Doubt--"Spiderwebs"

Also features gameplay for "Beat It", "Livin' on a Prayer", "Everlong", and "What I've Done", and "Shiver".

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I just checked an IGN update from Leizpig and they apparently said was that GHWT would feature a freestyle mode were you use your Mii to play your own music that you "jam" to.

Apparently, the people at Activision claim that you can use the Wii remote and nunchuk to air drum or you could use the Guitar Hero drum controller or Guitar. Basically, they claim that this an improved version of Wii Music. Also, this is exclusive to the Wii version.

D

Deleted member

They also announced a few foreign songs:

• Anouk--"Good God"
  • Beatsteaks--"Hail to the Freaks"
  • Hush Puppies--"You're Gonna Say Yeah"

...That "leaked" setlist is looking more and more real every day.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just checked an IGN update from Leizpig and they apparently said was that GHWT would feature a freestyle mode were you use your Mii to play your own music that you "jam" to.

Apparently, the people at Activision claim that you can use the Wii remote and nunchuk to air drum or you could use the Guitar Hero drum controller or Guitar. Basically, they claim that this an improved version of Wii Music. Also, this is exclusive to the Wii version.
Here's a screen of it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
But why would anybody buy both games when the setlists look to have so many of the same songs?

And his comment about instruments breaking further cements my "I'm never touching World Tour" position. Great to see them pulling out anything they can to try to get people to buy their product.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Kotaku interviews Brian Bright, project manager of Guitar Hero 4:

Now that the PlayStation 3, PS2, and Xbox 360 versions of the game all support Rock Band instruments, the stand alone version of GH:WT should be able to find an audience in even the most stalwart Rock Band fans. "They can pick up the standalone version of World Tour and use those instruments, and when they break they can buy ours."

Hah!
That's a low blow :(

Cashed, you're forgetting something about the Set List having the same songs, GH has lamer exclusive songs than RB.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
That's a low blow :(

Cashed, you're forgetting something about the Set List having the same songs, GH has lamer exclusive songs than RB.
[Disclaimer: This came out a lot more combative and pissed off than I really am at all, heh. It's just videogames, heh. Don't ban me or something.]

Low blow? All he did was point out an extremely obvious problem with the RB series. My friends, and several other people are this country, have gone through tons of broken drum pedals, faulty drum heads, unresponsive guitars... It's just too much. Cashed, you said earlier that Harmonix was such a great company because of how they offered to replace their peripherals, but I think the measure of a great company would have sufficient and acceptable quality control on their very expensive products before pushing them out the door so they're unusually loyal customers won't have to deal with this mess. "Great to see them pulling out anything they can to try to get people to buy their product." Seriously? C'mon, this isn't Rock Revolution we're talking about.

Brian Bright isn't a pastor, or your grandmother, or the president of the United States. He might use foul language or be crass or "rude". He's a game developer, trying to make the biggest rhythm/music game of all time and he's up against some big competition. So, naturally, he's going to point out an very obvious problem with the said competition. I mean, we've had this argument before; something that you conveniently ignored me about. You RB people are so entitled that you can't even acknowledge that Rock Band has anything wrong with it at all. You just change the subject and talk about how many songs RB has. Whoopie. It's very impressive and I can only hope GH has the same commitment for official DLC, but it's kinda hard to play all those million-billion songs when you've shipped off your broken drumset for the third time, eh?

These Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero arguments are pretty pointless. They're 95% opinion, which I admit I'm guilty of contributing to. But, apparently isn't a big deal around here. I mean, CK keeps bringing up that Psycho Killer song, as if it will actually convince anyone that RB2 is actually a better title. But, to each his own, I guess. I'm trying to make my ranty things like this focused on matters that can be debated over. And I still contend that GH4 will just bring more bang for your buck. And so does Game Informer. Sure, another opinion, I know. But I'd like to have the multi-million dollar gaming publication on my side, rather than against it. Okie dokie, have fun with that.

Oooh, and Travis Barker's 'Low' Remix confirmed for Guitar Hero 4, apparently. Hoo-boy.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Let rock band's music do the talking. Also if your rock band 1 insturments break, then buy RB2's insturments, wich are renforced.

I find RB2 vs GHWT pointless, play what you like.;

Darkslash

Smash Master
Its obvious that Rock Band will win the Xbox 360. But World Tour will win the Wii and PS3 front.

In the end: I seriously gotten annoyed by that song. Every 14 year old Halo or Call of Duty 4 player uses it in a montage.

And yes the RB vs GH is kinda pointless.

D

Deleted member

Oooh, and Travis Barker's 'Low' Remix confirmed for Guitar Hero 4, apparently. Hoo-boy.
Yeah.........I was kinda in denial. :(

In the end: I seriously gotten annoyed by that song. Every 14 year old Halo or Call of Duty 4 player uses it in a montage.
You won't have to worry about it being in the game; The article is unreliable. For more information, see the explanation to Youko on the previous page.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Its obvious that Rock Band will win the Xbox 360. But World Tour will win the Wii and PS3 front.

And yes the RB vs GH is kinda pointless.
Why the ps3? i think it will be a tie with GH and RB with PS3, but yeah wii will be domiated by GH peeps.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
What? Why will World Tour "win" the PS3? And how is BYOB related to the Zelda theme at all?

KingRemo, I'll take your bait:

You, and Neversoft, make it sound like Rock Band's instruments continually break. They don't. If you owned the game, you'd know that. I've still got my drums and microphone that came with the game. I had to send the guitar back because of the strum bar, but hey, that didn't cost me a penny to have replaced. If you want to justify a great company as never rushing out a product that has a chance of breaking, well dang, we wouldn't have many good companies in the world at all. When I sent my guitar back, there was an inconvenience time of a week where I didn't have my Strat, oh no. Sure, when it initially happened it sucked, I was sad, but I ordered the box, sent it in, played the drums for a week and before I knew it, had a new Strat on my doorstep that I haven't had a problem with.

On your "you Rock Band people can't admit there's anything wrong with the game, all you do is talk about the huge setlist" comment:

Problems in Rock Band... well, band leaders. Those are annoying. But they've been removed from Rock Band 2. And having to have individual characters for each instrument, not being able to use one character for drums, guitar and vocals. That's annoying. But it's also being fixed in Rock Band 2. The 10 second stutter that the game has when it loads because of all the downloadable content I have is pretty annoying. I hope that gets fixed, but don't mind if it doesn't because it just makes me laugh that whatever song is playing in the background skips more and more as I purchase more downloadable content. Current amount of skips before loading is complete: Three! Other than those problems, I have nothing to complain about for Rock Band. Why do Rock Band owners always talk about all the downloadable content we get? Because we get so damn much of it, and it's fantastic.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What? Why will World Tour "win" the PS3? And how is BYOB related to the Zelda theme at all?

System of a Down did a song about Zelda to the over world theme.

Why do Rock Band owners always talk about all the downloadable content we get? Because we get so damn much of it, and it's fantastic.
Only about a song or two a week is good.

God ****, KingReMO, that was meant in good taste. For the record, Talking Heads needed to be in a long time ago. At least you GH guys are getting At the Drive-In and The Doors.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
System of a Down did a song about Zelda to the over world theme.

Only about a song or two a week is good.
Completely spaced that Zelda song. Haven't heard it in a good, I dunno, five years?

And one or two good songs a week is much better than one or two good songs a month.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
ZELDA WAS NOT DONE BY SYSTEM OF A DOWN!! NO!

That version was done by a band called Rabbit Joint, and their lead singer sounds nothing like Serj nor Darian.

Psycho Killer is considered one of the better Talking Heads songs. I expected something like Burning Down the House, Once in a Lifetime, or even Take me to the River, all fine songs, but none of them can touch the musical excellence that is Psycho Killer. David Byrne's vocal supremacy of going from a strong lead to a flimsy wail masks this song as something simple, but there are people still unsure about some lines.

Spire

III
BRoomer
ZELDA WAS NOT DONE BY SYSTEM OF A DOWN!! NO!

That version was done by a band called Rabbit Joint, and their lead singer sounds nothing like Serj nor Darian.

Psycho Killer is considered one of the better Talking Heads songs. I expected something like Burning Down the House, Once in a Lifetime, or even Take me to the River, all fine songs, but none of them can touch the musical excellence that is Psycho Killer. David Byrne's vocal supremacy of going from a strong lead to a flimsy wail masks this song as something simple, but there are people still unsure about some lines.
Once In a Lifetime, and the entirety of 'Remain in Light' is by far, the best work by the Talking Heads. Psycho Killer is great, a classic, yes, but does not amount to Once In a Lifetime, or anything off of the aforementioned album (Crosseyed and Painless, The Great Curve, and Houses in Motion are gems).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Once In a Lifetime, and the entirety of 'Remain in Light' is by far, the best work by the Talking Heads.
Although in my top three for them, I just have to ask, what about Fear of Music? Guys? Anybody? :(

It goes Fear of Music, Speaking In Tongues, then Remain In Light. Honorable mentions go to Talking Heads '77 and More Songs About Buildings and Food. Definitely one of the greatest things to come out of CBGB's.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
KingRemo, I'll take your bait:
I guess you're one of the "luckier" ones. I don't have to own the game to see my best friend go through a broken drumpad, broken strum bar, and three broken drum pedals. I don't have to own the game to read the countless complaints about the malfunctioning guitars and broken drums. And you know that, too. Stop just sweeping this under the rug. If I bought a $200 video game, and a pertinent part of that said game was shoddy, I'd be rightfully pissed. What if I wanted to play guitar? What if my two other friends wanted to play as well? Sorry, buddos, you can't enjoy this very expensive videogame I just bought because Harmonix is such a wonderful, responsible company... @_@ This isn't a dealbreaker. Rock Band is still a good game, but jeez, it is a problem. A pretty big one.

On your "you Rock Band people can't admit there's anything wrong with the game, all you do is talk about the huge setlist" comment:
Haha, this is so funny. In these short couple of paragraphs, you managed to prove my point by barely recognizing that RB has something big wrong with it (the faulty periphs) and spent the rest of it talking about huge amount of DLC. Heh, anyways, band leaders. Yeah, it's lame and I'm glad both RB2 and GH4 are going to do it right.

But this DLC thing... I dunno. I'm not criticizing right now. It's just opinion, but as much as it is awesome that they have so much DLC, how much of it is really worth it? I mean, sure, there might be that guy who has the cash to buy it all, or moreover, actually enjoys all of the songs given to him. I definitely don't. When I go over and buy songs with my friend, there are just about two or three songs a month that are worth the cash. I don't care about Judas Priest or the Pixies or Boston or The Grateful Dead... Again, of course, it's nobody's fault. I guess I wish they could release some more music that's actually nostalgic to me as a 90's kid and especially some more popular, recent songs of 2000. But, I'm just saying.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Your friend is abusing his Rock Band 1 equipment. You're only going to break the drum pedal by stomping furiously on it, or playing with shoes on. You keep telling me to stop "sweeping it under the rug", which makes absolutely no sense. You say that I'm blowing over a huge problem Rock Band has, I still don't see a problem. I only see something that you have no experience with that you're trying to make into a problem. You seem to think Harmonix has done absolutely nothing to the instruments for Rock Band 2. You seem to think that they've done nothing for the Rock Band 1 equipment. If you were educated in the subject of Rock Band, you'd know most of the problematic pieces of equipment were in the batches shipped back when the game came out. I frequent the Rock Band and Rock Band 2 forums over on GameFAQs and I frequent the rockband.com forums as well. Topics about faulty equipment are rarely seen anymore. It's a lot like the problems the 360 had when it first came out. There was faulty hardware, but oh snap? Microsoft is fixing this for free? Yeah, that inconvenience period where you're waiting for your replacement sucks, but awesome, free replacement. Please, just shut the hell up.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah, I have spastic friends who have dropped my instruments before. One ******* friend dropped the mic, it stopped working the same time my guitar did, I contacted harmonix and they sent me two packages one box to reship my guitar and one FREE microphone. Around this time, I opened my old one up, reattached a wire, boom 2 working microphones.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Jesus, that's the second time a mod tells me to 'shut the hell up'. It's funny how you people can talk to anybody however you want to and bully people around, but if any of us lowly members ever acting close to the same way towards y'all, severe and immediate action would take place. *shrugs* It's just not very nice. Why are you so angry? I don't make things into personal attacks or direct foul language towards you. Just chill out, bud. I told you all I'm not trying to be combative. I just enjoy discussing a game that I care about with someone of differing opinion. If you don't want to talk about this with me, then don't. Stop replying to me and I'll wait for someone else to chat with me about Guitar Hero/RB if you'd rather not.

Now, lemme tell you where you're wrong, heh. My friend doesn't wear shoes when me plays. He might be a bit heavy-"handed", but probably not anymore than anyone else, I'd say. Why do you keep saying I have no experience? I wouldn't be debating this much about the games if I haven't played both of them almost daily since its release. Yes, I know they've stated they've "improved" the durability for the RB2, but I'm not talking about RB2 instruments right now. I'm talking about the four people I know with RB1 who've all had problems with their instruments, either some or all of them. Sure, most of them got their stuff back and never had to worry about it again. But some didn't. One friend has a broken pad and had to send a 2nd pedal in. And another, just this weekend, got his 2nd pedal back and broke it within two days. I was there. It just snapped.

Just going through all of this crap is a problem. If your, and all of your friend's instruments have been fine and dandy, then lucky you. That's good for you and that's where you get your experience and opinion from. But, mine haven't had such luck. They've dealt with a lot of hassle and I think it's bull****. That's where I get my opinions from. No doubt they've put some more work into making higher quality instruments (without innovating design and gameplay, of course. That would be TMTH.) And haha... no ****, it's free. It better be free. It's bad enough that they made less-than-acceptable, shoddy products, no one would stand for it if they were actually being charged. I'm not saying that Harmonix isn't handling this issue well. They have good customer service, sure, but it'd be even better if this never happened in the first place.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
There's just as many problems with Les Pauls as RB instruments. Almost every single person I know with a Les Paul has had problems with notes not registering because of the detachable neck, where they have to push it in when they play. Can you ship those in and get a free one back?

They have made SIGNIFICANT improvements on the drums since there was first problems, and now the foot pedal has better design, and the drums have much more squishy pads that only have problems when you hit too light, as opposed to the opposite when they first came out.

About your snapping footpedals, if they just SNAP right in half, than you ARE HITTING IT TOO HARD. If you notice a small crack after a while, tape it up, be aware of the crack and keep playingget a new one for free in five business days and ship it back. As for breaking pads, that's just ridiculous. If you actually crack your drumpad, than you play too hard, simple as that. The new pads don't crack anyways, so it would only be once you have to order a new one.

Oh, and 2-3 songs you think are worth paying for a month ends up being 24-36 songs once RB2 comes out. GH doesn't even HAVE 50 downloadable songs- much less 36 you would like if you don't like 9/10ths of the RB catalouge.

He tells you to shut the hell up because you keep on saying it's a big hassle and you don't have to be a maniac to break your ****, when obviously it ISNT a big hassle and you DO have to be a maniac to break your **** to the point where you can't play before you get another one in 5 days.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
And me, plus all of my friends I know with GH have had zero problems with the Les Pauls, or any GH guitar we've had. I've seen much less problems reported for the Les Pauls. That's all I can go by. That's the only way I can form my opinion. Give me a pie chart or a graph of all of the plastic guitars that have ever broken and maybe I'll be able to change what I think. Knowledge is power, and all of that.

lrn2read... I never said anything about cracked drumpads, just malfunctioning ones. I don't drum, so I don't know what it's like to break a drum pedal. But from what I could discern, he wasn't too hard on it. But, whatever. There are still too many issues. And it sucks. It's an issue. That's all I'm saying. *shrugs*

I've said multiple times that Harmonix's commitment to weekly DLC is impressive and just plain awesome. And again, I hope GH does near the same. I think they said they would. I can't remember. Ah well.

Oh, P.S. -- CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL TO COOL

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think what Mr. GAW was trying to get at with the Les paul thing(wich Has happened to me before too.) Is that your friends have had bad luck with thier RB equipment, and that we have had bad luck with the GH equimpent, so it cancles each other out.

Also, how the heck did your friend break a new foot pedal in 5 days? When some of my friends play drums, they whail on the foot pedal, and it doesn't even have a crack in it. Mabey I got the god like footpedal.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Heh, news flash. Called my friend earlier and I was totally wrong about the week-old drum pedal. It was months old and was his second. He had only been using it for a week after a long period of not using it while he waiting for his drumpads to come back and some other stuff. My bad, I was a bit misinformed. But, he's still been through two and my other buddo has gone through three. Just kinda sucks.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Did I come off angry? I'm happy that's how you decided my post, though it's not the emotion I was trying to communicate.

I am wrong nowhere in my previous statements. You are wrong. Everywhere.

Your lack of experience comes from not owning your own copy of Rock Band and its equipment. You're simply going off what you read and what a friend has experienced, which isn't much to go off of.

And did you just say Rock Band 2 isn't innovative at all? ****, Guitar Hero World Tour must be counter innovative in that case!

I wish we had more Mr.GAW's here.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Hah, you're fun.

I don't expect you to think I'm right. I don't think you are wrong everywhere, though. I must be a bit more open to different opinions. Broader horizons and all of that.

What does anybody read posts anymore? You don't know the amount of RB I've played. ... Oh wait, I told you how much I play RB. Plenty. I was with my friend my friend at midnight and have been playing it almost daily since then. Been through solo modes, online play, world tour mode... Again, I wouldn't be wasting my time with this if I didn't think I knew what I was talking about.

Not innovative at all? I never said that. All I meant was I'm disappointed in what RB2 is bringing to the table, compared to its competitor and compared to what they did in RB1. It was more of an after-thought, but I still agree with it.

Edit: Lemme just say. Yeah, I was a bit bored and there wasn't much going on in this thread, so I whipped up this little argument because they're fun to me. I do my best to keep opinion out of it and only say things that can rightfully be debated against. I'm completely open to criticism, if it's the right kind. (Unlike being told to shut the hell up or that I'm "wrong. Everywhere." With an argument this pointless, that stuff just goes nowhere.) I'm totally open to a reasonable, though slightly heated, chat about these games. *shrugs* 'Just games. Laterz.

D

Deleted member

Thank you, GameStop!

• The Sex Pistols
  • Lacuna Coil
  • Jimmy Eat World
  • Stone Roses
  • Bullet for my Valentine
  • Willie Nelson
  • The Living End
  • Wings
  • Rise Against