• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero World Tour (and Metallica)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yes it has vocals.

GH3 had Stricken by Disturbed, I don't know if that makes the chances of getting more Disturbed greater or smaller.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
As for Create-a-song, it sounds interesting, but I probably won't make more than 5 or so. It would take to long otherwise, unless they are something ridiculously easy. Also, it won't negate DLC since a) There are the 5/10 song limits and probably more, like you can only trade a song if you made it, which would prevent one DLC song from being creted and then spread accross the internet. People are going to save their create-a-song for things that they wanted to be in the game that aren't, ie the first thing I'm making is the SSBB version of Mute City. b) If the song is decently difficult, there's no way in hell people are going to be making it. Ever seen Devil Went Down To Georgia on expert? I would never put in the enormous amounts of time it would take to create that.
Not necessarily. All people will start doing is post HOW they created the song for other people and people can mimic that. Eventually all songs that would be downloadable would be online in some capacity for others to make. They won't cripple themselves right off the bat, but even if they, for some reason, limited how many you could make behind the max on the hard drive, it will cripple DLC in the long run. Why buy a song, when, given enough time you can make it OR if you go to a torrent site people will have txt files on how they made songs? The only way to get around this: make the Create-A-Song incrediably short-scoped, such as nothing over 3 minutes, can only create on instrument, note limit, etc. All of which make this mode even worse.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Neat. Some songs that I want;
Deadly Sinners - 3 Inches of Blood
Winter Madness - Wintersun
Final Countdown - Europe
Black Dwarf - Candlemass
The Curse - Bison
I don't wanna be me - Type O Negative

Of course the only metal will probally be Maiden, Sabbath and Mettalica

D

Deleted member

I've just read the article, which confirms that Axel, Judy, Johnny, Lars, Izzy, Midori, Clive, and Pandora are playable.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Disturbed will probably happen, they've got two songs coming to Rock Band off their new album that you can get by preordering the album at Best Buy. That shows you, along with the song in GH3, that their studio/they themselves are willing to license their songs.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i want to see some better rage songs. bulls on parade wasnt the best choice for gh3.

platnum

Smash Lord
My wishlist:

Ozzy Osbourne-Crazy train
Metallica-Master of puppets or Ride the lightning
Buckethead-Final wars or Braingate(Hardest song ever, trust me)
Cannon Rock(don't know the artist)
The Black Mages-The last battle
Dragonforce-Valley of the ****ed
Bon jovi-Livin' on a prayer
Van halen-Eruption
Yngwie Malmsteen-Arppeggios from hell
Blue oyster cult-Don't fear the reaper
System of a down-BYOB
Juddas priest-metal meltdown

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Why the hell would you want BYOB? There are so many better SOAD songs-Aerials, Toxicity, Hypnotize, Soldier Side, etc.

Not necessarily. All people will start doing is post HOW they created the song for other people and people can mimic that. Eventually all songs that would be downloadable would be online in some capacity for others to make. They won't cripple themselves right off the bat, but even if they, for some reason, limited how many you could make behind the max on the hard drive, it will cripple DLC in the long run. Why buy a song, when, given enough time you can make it OR if you go to a torrent site people will have txt files on how they made songs? The only way to get around this: make the Create-A-Song incrediably short-scoped, such as nothing over 3 minutes, can only create on instrument, note limit, etc. All of which make this mode even worse.

Well they've already established(as listed in the first post) that there is a normal 5 song limit, and a way to unlock a 10 song limit. Like I said, people are going to want those slots for things that aren't on DLC, and most people won't put the time into creating anything more than a moderately difficult song. Not to mention even if they use all 10 slots to copy DLC songs, lots of people buy more than 10 songs. That or those that normally only buy 8 or so only do this because they want to limit themselves financially. They'll still buy those 8 songs in addition to the created DLC songs.

Also you're neglecting to realize that this is an ADDED feature. It's not detracting from any other features, so why complain about it? If it really does turn out to be horribly gimped, just don't use it.

Out of curiosity, why are you in here trying to convince people that the game is going to be bad? Everyone who likes it right now is going to buy it regardless of what you say.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why do you have to pick fights with anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours? Do you really need to feel that much of an ego boost? I posted in the topic that the game will be terrible because Neversoft made a game I didn't like. Where in there did I say it's gospel.

Also, no more want lists in this topic. Seriously, big, bad Cashed will shut this **** down.

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Being an ex GH2 modder i would like to see how this create-a-song thing will work. If its just as hard or easier (I hope) i will definitely buy this game. That drum set looks really weird though. Oh and one last thing.

OMG they made Johnny Napalm look like an 80 year old geezer (with abs)!

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
YO SON!

WTF IS UP WITH THIS ****?!

GUITAR HERO IV RIPPING OFF ROCK BAND WHO RIPPED OFF OF GUITAR FREAKS/BATTLETOADS/ROCK BAND?!

Yo, they better have Dragonforce songs on drums.

DOUBLE BASS ON ONE BASS PEDAL BABY!

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

(sponsored by Red Bull)

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
They were both deveoloped by Harmonix so nobody is ripping off anybody. Just implementing one type of game into another, which IMO, is stupid.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No, they weren't. Guitar Hero 2 is the last game developed by Harmonix. Harmonix left Red Octane to make Rock Band, and Neversoft was given the the helm for Guitar Hero 3.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
^^Apparently, Rocks the 80s isn't a Guitar Hero.
Ah, nobody cares about Rock the 80s.

^_^

But, seriously. Nobody does. And my Game Informer just came in and I'm looking forward to this game on a Smash Bros. Brawl level. But, there's no way I'm buying this for the Wii. I'll have to start saving up for a 360.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No way in hell I'm gonna put 2 plastic drum sets in my basement.

Just for the record, there IS another Full Band game coming out, I think it's called Rock Revolution by Konami. It's mainly a drum game, but there's also guitar and bass. I haven't heard whether it's good or bad, but everybody should probably check it out before they put down a reserve for their precious GH4.

I'll probably rent GH4 just to see the tracklist and get the achievements- and who knows, if it really improved on the abomination that was GH3, and went back to it's roots (which I doubt) maybe I'll pick it up.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Crimson King said:
Why do you have to pick fights with anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours? Do you really need to feel that much of an ego boost? I posted in the topic that the game will be terrible because Neversoft made a game I didn't like. Where in there did I say it's gospel.
So we tell the Melee lovers to stop trolling the Brawl forums saying the game is ****ty, but we can do the same thing except with different games/franchises here in the Light House?

Awesome!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So we tell the Melee lovers to stop trolling the Brawl forums saying the game is ****ty, but we can do the same thing except with different games/franchises here in the Light House?

Awesome!
The difference is, there is only one thread for GH IV- not a whole forum. There is threads in the Brawl forums for complaints and to vent anger/frustration with the game. There is no more suitable place to post complaints on GH IV than this very thread, and CK wasn't trolling.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'll probably rent GH4 just to see the tracklist and get the achievements- and who knows, if it really improved on the abomination that was GH3, and went back to it's roots (which I doubt) maybe I'll pick it up.
You know what's funny? YOu were a hardcore GH3 player. Then rockband came out. You said after a while that you preferred Rockband. Now you call GH3 an abomination. Not saying you can't or anything, I just think it's funny that you managed to change your opinion that drastically.

W/e, I'll play the game when it comes out, and if it sucks I won't play it anymore.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I was never a hardcore GH3 player. I never liked GH3. I was never really even that hardcore of a GH2 player. I played it a lot, but the only GH game I played competitivly in terms Scorehero was GH80s.

aggrogahu

Smash Cadet
As far as the new instrument peripherals, I hope they release with bundles that have vox only or drums only, 'cause I'm already going to have to invest in a next/current-gen console to play this, that, and I'd rather buy Rock Band anyways.

So for songlist, I know they're gonna try to make it more difficult for the 'hardcore' players, and I know they're going to respond to the criticism they got with GH3's note charts being 'overcharted', so I hope to see challenging yet fun songs to play. As for particular artists/bands, I'd love to see Protest The Hero or The Fall Of Troy. I play the crap out of their customs so any official charts would have to be fun as hell. Also, they've both had a song featured in a GH game in some sort of way so there'll be a chance for them to make it into the setlist this time around.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Oh, whine, whine, whine. Is that all you people do? What was wrong with GH3? "The notes are overcharted." What the hell? Are you mad because there were too many notes? Are you just mad because you can't super-ace it like you did GH2? I have no idea, but calling it an abomination because the notes were too fast and too many is totally ridiculous.

Admittedly, I like Rock Band better, and if I could, I would get a 360 to play it, among other things. But for the sake of whatever the hell you worship, just have fun, stop being an overanalytical prick.

(Note, this is aimed at no specific person)

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
I, 4 1 actually do like GH3 and think its easyer to "super-ace" songs on expert. In fact, its harder 2 hit notes on GH2 than GH3 but in GH2 u fail slower so its even.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Guitar Hero 3 was terrible because of song selection, presentation, lack of downloadable content, note charts, not being a leap for the music game genre like Rock Band was and the biggest reason; the developer.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Are you just mad because you can't super-ace it like you did GH2? I have no idea, but calling it an abomination because the notes were too fast and too many is totally ridiculous.
(Note, this is aimed at no specific person)
I can't help but feel like with your use of the word "abomination" that you are calling me (and others in the same boat as myself) out, regardless of what you suggest.

GH3 is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than ANY OTHER GH. Just because it has TTFAF doesn't mean the game as a whole is harder. Go play some more GH2. You'll find that the solos are just as, if not more challenging than GH3, but it won't give you the notes that you blatantly missed like GH3 does. The HOPOs are ridiculously easy, simply for the fact that you can hold the next note 5 seconds before it comes, provided you've hit the previous note.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Ah, yeah, I was in a vicious mood and feeling rather belligerent when I posted the last one. I came off a little heavy.

My view remains, though. I have played GH2 a great number of times and have played most of the songs on it. It has some really awesome songs like YYZ, Freebird, Sweet Child, Carry On, Message in a Bottle, and that one Jordan song written for the game. But I liked the GH3 setlist equally. It had songs like Lay Down, Welcome to the Jungle, One, Cliffs of Dover, Same Old Song And Dance, Paint It Black, and Impulse. Plus it had a weird version of The Devil Went Down to Georgia. So they're on equal footing with me there.

But GH2 has never been as challenging to me as GH3. The hardest song on GH2 is Jordan, right? I can almost beat it on Expert. Almost. Meanwhile, on GH3, Raining Blood is probably closer to the fourth or fifth hardest song, and I can't beat the first minute and a half of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love all three games, but I can't see why people say the third one is so terrible. It seems to me fundamentally exactly the same as its predecessors. Difference is it has to compete with Rock Band, which might be why it so seems to pale.

But at least we're on a basis of having to give actual evidence now. Sometimes I think bashers get bored in places like this with no people to give them solid arguments.

D

Deleted member

^^This. Actually, the only bad thing about GH3 was the Guitar Battles. Everything else was spot-on.

I'm glad that we're getting all masters in GH4. That means no more horrible covers! (I'm looking at you, "Sweet Child O'Mine")

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Having only master tracks sounds good, but it'll limit what songs end up in the game. Any track they can't find the master track for won't happen. That's a lot of classic rock in particular.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I like the GH series and RB, and I plan to buy to but an xbox360 and RB, and i'll hope for same periferials at least with the RB mike. so atleast i have mike and guitar(aka GH giutar for RB), not a fan of drums much, more into singing, but untill more is realeased, I shall not post my opinion on the matter

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
But GH2 has never been as challenging to me as GH3. The hardest song on GH2 is Jordan, right? I can almost beat it on Expert. Almost. Meanwhile, on GH3, Raining Blood is probably closer to the fourth or fifth hardest song, and I can't beat the first minute and a half of it.
What's the difference between almost being able to beat Jordan on Expert and not being able to get passed Mosh 1? The rest of the song is relativley easy afterwards in both cases, and beating both simply comes down to double strumming at a fast pace while fretting at least 60% of the notes.

That point is moot anyways. Like I said, you can't judge the overall difficulty of the game on one songs difficulty to be beaten. It's much more reasonable to base it on mechanics of the game which limit/help one Full Combo a song.

Don't get me wrong, I love all three games, but I can't see why people say the third one is so terrible. It seems to me fundamentally exactly the same as its predecessors.
To me it was:

-The Boss Battles
-The Mechanics
-The Visuals
-The Setlist (only sort of)
-The Overall mood of the game

Only if Guitar Hero 4 moves these things back to how they were in 1, 2, and 80s will I purchase GH4.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna argue that I hated the boss battles concept. Brought lots of publicity for Slash, Morello, and Satan, but beyond that, ugh.

But other than that, I found it not so different from the others, other than noticeable stuff like the change to the rock meter/star power and the presence of more numerous and easily identifiable hammer-ons. Admittedly, those take some challenge away, but there are some songs where you really need them. So yeah, I see whee you're coming from, but I enjoy the game anyway.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Cashed said:
Having only master tracks sounds good, but it'll limit what songs end up in the game. Any track they can't find the master track for won't happen. That's a lot of classic rock in particular.
Would you complain if all/majority of the songs in GH4 were covers, allowing the game to have a huge setlist but the covers were poor quality? What we have here is a case of quantity vs quality, and I'd much prefer a smaller setlist of good quality songs rather than a huge setlist with a bunch of butchered covers.

Though that might just be me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Would you complain if all/majority of the songs in GH4 were covers, allowing the game to have a huge setlist but the covers were poor quality? What we have here is a case of quantity vs quality, and I'd much prefer a smaller setlist of good quality songs rather than a huge setlist with a bunch of butchered covers.

Though that might just be me.
I'd rather covers to master tracks if it means more songs. It's a rhythm MUSIC game, more songs means a better game, plus the more songs in the core game, the less I'd have to buy later.

Any word if they are going to sell albums?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The way I see it, if they do good covers, we won't have this problem. The reason everyone could see they weren't such good covers is because they tried to do stuff like Guns N' Roses, which pretty much can't be duplicated. I mean, what about Rock Band? Their songs sounded just like the originals. Albeit, I don't know if those were covers or done by the original artists, but either way, GH needs to get whoever synced the songs on Rock Band.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
The way I see it, if they do good covers, we won't have this problem. The reason everyone could see they weren't such good covers is because they tried to do stuff like Guns N' Roses, which pretty much can't be duplicated. I mean, what about Rock Band? Their songs sounded just like the originals. Albeit, I don't know if those were covers or done by the original artists, but either way, GH needs to get whoever synced the songs on Rock Band.
I completely agree. I think the setlist for GH3 was lackluster at best because i myself hated the covers. RB on the other hand had songs I thought were perfectly like the originals. Get those suckers on the phone and get 'em to do your stuff, cause they are great.

Back to my opinion. I thought the setlist for GH3 had some songs I would never have put on it. #1 example = Senses Fail - Can't Be Saved. That song was crap for the game. There are way better songs by them that would've been great for GH3.

Top Bottom