• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guinness World Record! **SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED**

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
You guys should get Armada and Hungrybox to come to this...
Remove the timer and let them play.
That should kill half the time :troll:
Hilarious XD
For the record though I'm not ripping on them, I enjoyed that match thoroughly.

On Topic:
It's awesome what you're doing for smash! I was a little concerned at first but it sounds like you'll be given reasonable break time so as to not encounter any health issues. Stay hydrated. Best of luck to you!

>Bert<

Smash Ace
You guys are awesome. I was really wanting to help contribute to this. Not by actually playing, but I wanted to like buy you guys a pizza or something just for getting smash into the books. I read on page 3 that you guys have sponsors for the food and stuff, so I'll do my best to watch the stream and try to support you guys that way. Best of luck!!!

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Me and my brother are extremely in to smash. We might be able to do something like this one day, although it'd be brawl, and it'd really only be if we wanted to break the record, otherwise we'd fall asleep due to lack of motivation somewhere between 10th and 20th hours.

D

Deleted member

if ur gunna do 32 hours why have only boring chars and matchups (samus, dr. mario, luigi, shiek)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
if ur gunna do 32 hours why have only boring chars and matchups (samus, dr. mario, luigi, shiek)
lol

Good luck to you guys! Most I ever managed was 12 hours, lol. Hope you can break the record! =D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yuppedy yup yup, In any case, I thoroughly support you on breaking the record. Btw where can the stream be found? Will I be able to tune in to this as it's happening? :-P

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Is melee classified a fighting game in those kind of records? ( I am being serious)

Good luck and I hope you get it! :D
Guinness gave us the approval to go ahead and set the record while playing Melee.
However, if it IS a fighting game is at their discretion.

zZz

Smash Apprentice
These characters are our mains. We have no intention of playing them the entire time because of how boring it would be for us and the viewers.

Be on the look-out for falcon quads! :D

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Yuppedy yup yup, In any case, I thoroughly support you on breaking the record. Btw where can the stream be found? Will I be able to tune in to this as it's happening? :-P
The stream is:

Twitch.TV/MeleeMemphisTV

Hopefully I will be able to set the stream up to where it is on the front page of smashboards, similar to how APEX was done. If not you know what to do!

Wolfy!

Indecisive
These characters are our mains. We have no intention of playing them the entire time because of how boring it would be for us and the viewers.

Be on the look-out for falcon quads! :D
Falcon FFA's/Doubles are a truly magical thing.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
stream starts tomorrow 10am central time!!!!

Heads up to any smashers in Memphis or surrounding areas that are not already aware. We will have extra setups to play on....mingle.....have fun etc. 36 hour melee marathon :)

I'm throwing out my many supports and thanks to Powerplay Video Games paying to be open and staffed the entire time!

http://www.facebook.com/powerplayvg

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
This is gonna be awesome! The closer this gets, the more excited I get to be there for this. It's gonna be amazing! Smash needs to set a world record, and these guys are gonna do it. Make sure to watch the stream everyone!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Yo let's get some attention for this thing! Why isn't this in the "Today's Live Streams" section at the top of the site page? It's everyone's duty to at least go catch a couple minutes of this. These guys are trying to get attention for the beautiful game. Let's show them a little support.

*has been watching on and off for the better part of this morning*

NNID
Budget_Player
You guys should get Armada and Hungrybox to come to this...
Remove the timer and let them play.
That should kill half the time :troll:
I laughed harder than I should have.

Also, breaking the record for longest time playing a fighting game? ****ies. They should take on the longest time playing an MMORPG. Screw 36 hours, that's looking at months to years!

Also, wait a minute. Fighting game? Lmao Guinness u so craaaazyyy

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yo let's get some attention for this thing! Why isn't this in the "Today's Live Streams" section at the top of the site page?
It's there now. :'D

Can't watch much at the moment, but I've been keeping the chat up at least. Sounds like alot of ppl are getting into it, which is good. Been some followers for quite a few hours, too.

Keep up the momentum, all! Looking forward to a show in the morning hours. (;

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
We're on the stream list! That's awesome! This is so much fun! We are listening to the best music and chatting it up! Everyone should join us!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
You guys can do this! This will probably shed more light on on the Melee community and maybe extend our growth even further!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
36 hours is a world record? I beat that at Pound 5...
Um smash house ***** this record...we went for 8 days straight. I believe there was always someone playing during every hour of the day so I'm sure it was continuous

Though we didn't have the same dude playing at all times like zzz is doin lol...we took breaks

Mad props for setting everything up and getting sponsors. More attention to melee is always good.

:phone:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
You guys can do this! This will probably shed more light on on the Melee community and maybe extend our growth even further!
Is that Yuan in your avatar?

Also, please tell us what happens to the player after they finish. Will they sleep for 40 hours?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The news team fixed the article to say Nintendo Gamecube instead.

EDIT: your stream has also been posted on the SSBM facebook and Smashboards facebook

Top Bottom