• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to learning Princess Peach (Competitive) Updated 4/25/10

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Honestly, not a bad topic.

DUDE, sig and avatar DO NOT MATCH!
True.. I have to admit that it doesn't match but Deuceblade's avatar and sig are awesome. :laugh:

Anyway ( before we get off topic), as I said before. It's good for newbies and I think experienced players may find something new about Peach that they didn't know also.
;)

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I've gotta admit originally I didn't like the new Peach in Brawl, especially coz of her midair jump. But this guide's awesome.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If the mods were to sticky all the important threads created in the boards, we would end up with like 10 stickies. If a thread is good enough (like this one) it should stay on the top no matter what because people constantly post in it.

Still, there are some stickies in this section that need to be unstickied, they barely get updated and nobody post in them (you know which ones)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Still, there are some stickies in this section that need to be unstickied, they barely get updated and nobody post in them (you know which ones)
The only ones I think needs to be dropped is the video workshop, only because no one hasnt been in the progress of making a combo video in a while, and maybe the info thread but not so much because its been there so long and its mainly used for chat and general discussion of Peach now. I dont see any reason to remove any of the others though.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i have to admit the video workshop lost its luster along time ago.

Groar

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm a Peach fan and I wanted to know some Peach's effective combos:)
Are there any?:(

Thanks;)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
This guide is great DarkPch, but there's something that bugs me about the KO Moves list you made. You listed like ALL the attacks she has except Dsmash, it's clear that every attack kills if they're high on damage, but I don't think anyone would resort to Dair or the Parasol as a kill move, what do you think?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea I have thought about that before I added them to the list. If you catch them in the air with a Dair or up-B and a good percent, then it can kill. I have done this a few times.

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
Nair can also hit twice with 2 different hitboxes and that pillar thing can be done with a Dair as well!

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
Yea I have thought about that before I added them to the list. If you catch them in the air with a Dair or up-B and a good percent, then it can kill. I have done this a few times.
i agree with dekuu, perhaps u can rank upon which moves u can depend on from best to not so best. u already explained that moves get stale so i don't think u need to repeat that again.

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm a Peach fan and I wanted to know some Peach's effective combos:)
Are there any?:(

Thanks;)
there are alot dark peach mentioned in his guide, but if ur too lazy to read it here are some:
Dair to Nair
Dair to Bair
Dair to Uair
Uair to Utilt
Dthrow to Utilt
Dthrow can chain some medium and heavy characters
Dair to Utilt
Dair to Ftilt
Fair to Neutral a attack(s)
Turnip to aerial attack
Mix and match them all with floating and turnips. I don't feel like going on and on :D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^ You can multiquote as much messages as you want in one post by clicking on the "Multiquote" button below the posts you wish to quote and then you click on "Add Reply". This way you avoid double posting and possible infractions. ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i agree with dekuu, perhaps u can rank upon which moves u can depend on from best to not so best. u already explained that moves get stale so i don't think u need to repeat that again.
A Dair and up-B is not a Move I would go out my way to kill with. But you can kill with them and I explained how. If you are quick on reacting you can do it.

There was times when I was falling from the sky and my enemy came up to hit me. I remembered I had a jump left so I floated as soon as he got close. Then I Dair him and he died. Of course his Percent was high. Like 120 or around there. And for the up-N I jump up in the air while my enemy is up there and kill them with it.

As for ranking, I think that is self explained. But I guess I'll do it. but after my nap.

gantrain05

Smash Master
This guide is great DarkPch, but there's something that bugs me about the KO Moves list you made. You listed like ALL the attacks she has except Dsmash, it's clear that every attack kills if they're high on damage, but I don't think anyone would resort to Dair or the Parasol as a kill move, what do you think?
actually, the last hit with the parasol does some pretty decent knockback, if they are in the air they wont be expecting you to parasol them and get a ko off the top, trust me, it works pretty well when people arent expecting it.

Kratos1

Smash Rookie
Jesus man. For the way Peach was looked at back then, she sure has alot of stuff. And it all does not look easy nether. Peach really does take alot of skills. You high ranked Peach players are blessed with talent if you do great with her.

Excellent guide. I might wanna learn Peach after all. I like a challenge.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Jesus man. For the way Peach was looked at back then, she sure has alot of stuff. And it all does not look easy nether. Peach really does take alot of skills. You high ranked Peach players are blessed with talent if you do great with her.

Excellent guide. I might wanna learn Peach after all. I like a challenge.
That's the reason I stuck with her :) She's a character with the potential to do just as well as any of the other high tiers, except that she's so based on matchup-specific counterstrategies and different spacing per opponent that she simply takes a lot more time and effort to play at a high level- but she's fully capable without limiting her player, because she's NOT a horrible character.

A worthy challenge :)

zippo074

Smash Cadet
Awesome guide! Thanks!

_________
"I fight for my friends."
Apparently his friends told him to DEVASTATE the Gulf Coast!
Curse you, Ee-kay!

GigaMan

Smash Apprentice
Very good article DarkPch. I haven't talked with you in ages. I remember when you and allboutpeach helped my Peach in melee. Maybe we can Brawl sometime. I want to pick up peach again too. :)

Your post count is huge now too lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow man, its been like what....2 years? Thats the last I remember seeing you. And I remember those days...good times.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
so liek i read this guide 'n stuffz like u suggested. good stuff, methinks i need to work in more ledge-hopped stuff and 2nd jump stuff and well, my edgeguarding sucks. to the lab! (after watching some soul eater ;D )

<_<

GigaMan

Smash Apprentice
I have been a player. I just haven't vististed smashboards much mainly because I am overwhelmed by all the activity. So much going on. I will try my hardest to be here everyday from now on. :D

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Seriously, someone sticky this.
Peach is my strongest secondary. She's very fun to use. :)

Thanks for taking the time to write this guide for all those interested in using Peach.
1 thing though. An approach that I find reliable is Glide Toss > Grab. I can pull that off pretty well and it looks so pro.

Again, great work on the guide! And yes, it really should be stickied by now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thread updated

And yea that is not a bad appraoch I do that sometimes but as an off guard tactic. Since there is lil shield stun in this game, one could avoid that with thier own grab, jab or roll away. But it is a good one, I'll add it.

Top Bottom