• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to DESYNCHING -- I really need to massively revise this

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Which is still more button inputs and timing than a dash dance desync. I think. Could you break down the control inputs for me?

Dash dance is Initial Dash > Back Dash > Special in timing > Chase

Compared to what I think you're saying Dash > control flick > jump > IB > Chase

I wasn't saying it isn't possible. Just saying DDD is more common because it's easier inputs.
You have to make 3 inputs to do a dash dance desynch then IB after the 3 inputs. They are both 4 inputs, I find the pivot jump IB easier so *shurgs*

Sieguest

Smash Master
what? my skype is ******** because im on mac so in the chat it says im there but im really not and i cant find a way to get in -.-
Enda made a new group btw. Have you tried posting in that one?
You have to make 3 inputs to do a dash dance desynch then IB after the 3 inputs. They are both 4 inputs, I find the pivot jump IB easier so *shurgs*
Methinks Lux is referring to the desync where you only need two inputs followed by the special (3 inputs total) initial dash->backdash (run just a little)->special

It's like the dash dance but it doesn't need three dash inputs. (I think we called it the DD or something? Can't remember, I'll look it up.)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Enda made a new group btw. Have you tried posting in that one?

Methinks Lux is referring to the desync where you only need two inputs followed by the special (3 inputs total) initial dash->backdash (run just a little)->special

It's like the dash dance but it doesn't need three dash inputs. (I think we called it the DD or something? Can't remember, I'll look it up.)
Dash Desynch = Hylian Desynch
Dash Dance Desynch = DDDesynch
Shield Drop Desynch = Kakeras Desynch

The one where you do Kakeras without the shield drop is the one where you only need two inputs, but in no video do I ever see people doing that one and I think it's one of the least common desynchs so I'm not really sure what he's referring to. I vote we name that the Fox Trot desynch.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Dash Desynch = Hylian Desynch
Dash Dance Desynch = DDDesynch
Shield Drop Desynch = Kakeras Desynch

The one where you do Kakeras without the shield drop is the one where you only need two inputs, but in no video do I ever see people doing that one and I think it's one of the least common desynchs so I'm not really sure what he's referring to. I vote we name that the Fox Trot desynch.
Oh, okay then. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for names, as long as I don't end up garbling it with another desync I'd be cool with it. :3

Edit: I actually use the "Fox Trot desynch" more often than other desyncs (excluding squall and SND) when I play. I just don't have anyway to record myself. :3

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'd contend that dash dancing is kind of like one input in that it's just back and forth on the control stick. While chasing out of pivot is buttons everywhere. But it doesn't matter. I need to stop arguing just to argue.

And again, I hate the DDD. I am much more interested in pivots with FLAIR :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'd contend that dash dancing is kind of like one input in that it's just back and forth on the control stick. While chasing out of pivot is buttons everywhere. But it doesn't matter. I need to stop arguing just to argue.

And again, I hate the DDD. I am much more interested in pivots with FLAIR :)
Weird, I have the opposite impression lol. I feel like the pivot is very precise and the DDD is all over the place lol. I can do both 100% consistent but eh.

i do that desync a lot now hylian
its the same desync that swordgard does too, he just jumps instead of shielding
Yeah I do the exact same thing but crouch instead of shielding. I like it a lot.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
If I ever dash dance, it's usually ended by a shield flash to Nana specialing or b-reversed specialing. I prefer shielding to crouching because you can attack with Nana just as fast (if not faster) and you have the protection of a shield (grab).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
what does crouching do for you though? <_<
you might as well just stand with popo lol
Because it gives me a consistent visual cue that doesn't hinder me in any way.

DeLux

Two things:

1. Item Desync with Dash shield/grab cancelling: Hold attack while holding an item and dash. During dash, hit grab or shield. One climber will dash grab while the other will DSC slide. Desynced

2. Reverse initial dash roll cancel: During the first few frames of a reverse initial dash (I find it helps if you flick the control stick rather than hold a DI), tap the shield button. Popo will roll cancel while nana will be free to do whatever move.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's actually frame 7 that you press shield (frame 1 being tap back obv), just clarifying a tminig you should shoot for for anyone who wants to give it a go.

J00sh

Smash Cadet
You were looking for a **** desynch with an item? How's this?

A jump cancelled item toss where popo throws nana catches in air, popo slides forward able to do anything n_n... and you're desynched.

Have a look at this video from 5:15 onwards (it's in german so I have no clue what he's saying but it looks cool)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LelqAnmwrdk

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
It's jump canceling the banana down and immediately air dodging with nana. It's one of many ways to desync all while passing a banana to nana. You can also do it while standing. Maybe today I'll make a video of some of the more unlisted or overlooked things from all my early banana research. Much of it is lesser known banana tricks. It's crazy how many things we can do with those bananas.

Edit: a lot of it is compatible with DSC and should (for most part) guarantee a grab.

theNEXUS

Smash Rookie
ok i hve a question guys it says stop reading and read bunnys guide neone know where i cn find that?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
New desynch?
Maybe not idk
you know that thing where you platform drop and IB to hop back up in there air to land on the platform again, canceling the ending lag and making IB a lil faster.
If you do it at the right time popo hops up onto the platform and nana dosent make it.
I dunno the timing for it, I just kinda feel it out. Got it down tho

:phone:

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
New desynch?
Maybe not idk
you know that thing where you platform drop and IB to hop back up in there air to land on the platform again, canceling the ending lag and making IB a lil faster.
If you do it at the right time popo hops up onto the platform and nana dosent make it.

you should make a video :D

Sieguest

Smash Master
New desynch?
Maybe not idk

An application of an existing one. It follows along the same lines as whenever you fastfall to the point where Popo goes through the platform and Nana doesn't. Although with that said, sometimes it's not always the best thing in the world to desync yourself like that. Leaving Nana that wide open is a huge liability.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
An application of an existing one. It follows along the same lines as whenever you fastfall to the point where Popo goes through the platform and Nana doesn't. Although with that said, sometimes it's not always the best thing in the world to desync yourself like that. Leaving Nana that wide open is a huge liability.
that's true, but on the low platforms at BF it's cool for blizzard.
If you can get it to where you can do it first try, it'll be a pretty fast desynchs.
Prolly on of the fastest intentional ones

Roller

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't think we should be jumping on g&w for mentioning that application of the desynch in a thread where the OP lists the "Pause Desynch" as a legitimate method of doing so. Might be best to stop attacking the newer players to prevent the event of them one day stumbling upon something useful and being too scared to share it. Or worse, we stop them from searching for innovations altogether. We need more Luxs and EAs.

DeLux

I agree and disagree if that makes any sense. And I used to be the king of the crazies of people being like, "That's not new." on a regular basis until I proved them otherwise.

I'd point out that the only time I will usually call out people is if they distribute incorrect information. At the same time, I expect the community to do the same for me when I make mistakes. That doesn't happen very often anymore, but it has been known to happen.

We need both further testing AND scrutiny if we are to innovate the character imo

It sucks being told "this isn't new", but it could be worth it at some point down the line.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't think we should be jumping on g&w for mentioning that application of the desynch in a thread where the OP lists the "Pause Desynch" as a legitimate method of doing so. Might be best to stop attacking the newer players to prevent the event of them one day stumbling upon something useful and being too scared to share it. Or worse, we stop them from searching for innovations altogether. We need more Luxs and EAs.
I'm assuming you're referring to me since it seems like I'm the only one that could even be misconstrued as "jumping on g&w". To be honest I'm not sure how that could be seen as an attack on him. I just told him that it's an application of an existing desync and gave my opinion on said desync. Nothing more; nothing less.

Branching from that, I don't see the issue with telling someone asking "New desync or no?" that what they're in fact talking about is not a new desync. Is it better to let them wallow in a false sense of accomplishment and later be ostracized by the rest of the community or tell them now (preferably in a non-jerkish way)? Being told "that isn't new" should not be a limiting factor on exploring more into it. All too often people associate "this isn't new" to "we know everything about this and you shouldn't even deal with it" and that's just a horrible leap in logic to make. (over-rationalizing)

TL;DR: I wasn't attacking anyone (and don't see how it can be construed as such), and "this isn't new"<>"do not explore this"

Roller

Smash Legend
You know what, I'm just gonna say **** it, because rereading what you said.. You responded perfectly fine, and I was exaggerating things... My bad, my post was unnecessary.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Hey, how come I don't see

pivot desync > popo shield drop > nana ice block > popo grab

more in tourney vids? It is a known version of the pivot desync, right?

It's a super-fast way to get nana acting "first" out of a desync when both climbers start facing towards their opponent, and doesn't have the rigid spacing requirements of a kakera desync.

Top Bottom