• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to DESYNCHING -- I really need to massively revise this

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Just in case no one knows, a desynced squall with only one climber that connects is pretty much guaranteed a grab. Even if they shield it. If they jump or something, you're desynced, so you should be able to follow up.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Except desynced taunt =P

I'm not sure about this, but I believe we desync our squall and they SDI up, we can't grab them; or they have an outrageous 2 frame sexkick...

-Final-

Aria♪
This is a pretty good guide. I didn't know about most of these. All I usually do is the blizzard wall into squall and desynched Ice Blocks... Neither of which really work that well. This should help my game a lot

@r3d d09- Desynched taunting is epic. I annoyed the crap out of Rade one game by doing it after every hit.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Cool, with this i know a little more about ics...

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
what is the best way to desynce?
Since you seem to be asking a lot of questions that are found quite easily by looking around, I'm going to do you a solid by linking you to that page where you can look around to have your questions answered. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199966
One might even try reading the original post of this thread to learn a bit more about desyncing.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol, reading a guide to desynching in order to learn how to desync? Who'd have thought? xD

I really need to update this with Hylian's new stuff and other revisions that have been on the backburner forever, I'll do it when I'm done my current project I guess.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble with the dd desynch. I keep watching lain's over and over...it is so tightly timed, with so little movement. Did I miss out on dd skills from not playing meele? Does it require a left hand of godliness? I seem to either dash too far or not at all.

I'll avoid terribly stuid questons...guess I'm just angsting.

If you don't mind me asking 00-zero, I read a while back that you were working on that kakera sheild-dd desynch. How has that been going for you? Have you been able to go to any tourneys/test it lately?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Actually I haven't been to any tourneys lately, but I have been playing with more than the 4 same people that I play so often. It's actually become one of the many desyncs that I do throughout a match when approaching. Sometimes I'll mix it up and do a spot dodge with popo after the dd, then a blizzard or ib with nana. More so than anything, if I'm open to desync, I'll do Hylian's. But yeah, I've gotten Kakera's down completely I think. Try to get used to just moving the control stick back and forth really fast for the dash dance. I try to put that in my matches as much as possible. Just like 2 or 3 dash dances when I'm open can really mind game people and it's great because you can come out of it desynced and follow up with whatever you want. You just have to practice moving the control stick evenly from one side to the other.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input! I didn't consider evenness. Silly me.
But to clear it up, I didn't mean even in terms of how much you would move the joystick to the left or right. More so evenness in moving the control stick back and forth evenly over the x-axis.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Just an additional note, I find the Dashdance Desync easiest when I dash 3 times, pause, then input a B move. The pause is essential. Also note that each dash must be strung together within 1/10th of a second of each other.

dash-dash-dash-pause-b

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Just an additional note, I find the Dashdance Desync easiest when I dash 3 times, pause, then input a B move. The pause is essential. Also note that each dash must be strung together within 1/10th of a second of each other.

dash-dash-dash-pause-b

Thank you again. I actually got this one to work pretty well (three quick dashes). I've been relying on the back+z (nana standing grab?), but having them that far apart was a ***** for spacing. I do, however, reccomend that dsynch for anyone new to the climbers that just want to learn the tempo aspects of desynch.

J4pu

Smash Champion

dash-dash-dash-pause-b
the one where Nana does an action first?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
yeah lol DDD is heaps slow but it's a good place to start learning since it's fairly easy.

the one where Nana does an action first?
No, the one where she gets stuck in her dash brake animation and popo acts first. The one you're talking about is reverse initial dash desync (which can be done without a DD).

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
the snd is amazing and um i do a pivot desync, i think it's better than the DDD
I usually do pivots when I have the space, DDD might take up less room if someone is approaching, with the pivot popo will lunge forward a little bit and it might cause him to get hit.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Desynch taunt has a real use. I use it to desynch nana and run away, then have her do something just as she enters input range and grab out of her blizzard. It's teh sex.

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
Pivot Walking De-Synch isnt on the list, 1 of the easy ways to de-synch just pivot walk popo wil do it smooth and nana then fails as allways

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
It's the same as dashdance desync, mechanically, afaik.

I will keep it in mind for the revision, though. :)

Top Bottom