• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to DESYNCHING -- I really need to massively revise this

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
When i try Dash Dancing De-Synch i mostly fail (I allways fail with desynch xD) but with pivot walking i never fail, because its easy to do and learn plus the risk that nana gets smacked by your oppenent is very small

J4pu

Smash Champion
yeah it is, but it's somewhat difficult to start the desync facing forwards if that's what you want to do
like you either gotta B-reverse an Ice block or blizzard which just makes the timing that much harder. actually maybe she would respond well to a Fsmash, iono, Ive only tried special moves

there's actually a timing where you can get only popo to attack out of squall but Ive only done it randomly

r3d d09

Smash Master
i'm starting to work more on my desync game. sad. because i've been using them for a few months now. i was just autopilot before :/ once i put time into CG'ing. i've improved all around.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
having trouble comboing out of desynchs and run and roll dessynch! i know how to dasdance ds but the others i seem to have trouble with! any suggestions?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Run and roll desynch doesn't have any real follow ups anyway. Don't try to learn completely obscure desynchs if its not leading to something important.

Blobby

Smash Cadet
I fail at desyncs so I was playing around and accidently made my own. You just jump, and tilt the analog stick the opposite way your facing, and when you hit the ground you immedietley turn around and go into a dash but stop shortly after and input a command (commonly an ice block). I don't know if anyone made this up already but I don't think it was mentioned in this thread.

OpFor

Smash Rookie
is it possible for dash cancel desynch i think i might be possible but a strit *** timing ... i think could be done

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
If you're b-reversing the ice block, then you're doing hylian's with an initial dash in the opposite direction. But it can be done by doing a dash forward as well enda.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Ah, don't work with it is all. Also, I'll bring back up the thing of having a Desynchs vid here as well.

Im visual, so half the time idk if Im doing the same desynch as you guys.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Try executing a dashbounce "Hylian" desync with ice blocks at a ledge. It you slide off and latch on, you did it too late. If you b reverse both Ice blocks, you did it too early. If you desync, you did it with the right timing. :)

Also. If you B reverse the special out of a pivot grab, it can be used as an instant grab setup approach. That is all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My new favorite desynch I've been working on is doing kakeras shield drop desynch but I replace the shield with a crouch and it works the same way :).

DeLux

My new favorite desynch I've been working on is doing kakeras shield drop desynch but I replace the shield with a crouch and it works the same way :).
From what I understand, this is the original way to execute the desync. The shield drop simply makes the timing easier.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
From what I understand, this is the original way to execute the desync. The shield drop simply makes the timing easier.
Heh. I'm better at it with crouching :).

ConF1ictz

Smash Journeyman
so i see after watching like 50 pro videos that the dashdance one is the "most popular" then goes to the blizzard move

DeLux

so i see after watching like 50 pro videos that the dashdance one is the "most popular" then goes to the blizzard move
That's because it's old school and has one of the more forgiving timings and control inputs. As compared to more delicate and strict desyncs that might be better ideally, but are harder to perform under pressure

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dunno I would say the pivot desynch is the most consistent and easiest to use

DeLux

I dunno I would say the pivot desynch is the most consistent and easiest to use
True, if you're looking to strictly desync.

The advantage of the dash dance over pivot is that it more easily sets up into one of the chasers we all use. In a pivot, you would need to shield drop and time the shield drop without rolling and THEN time the special to chase out of it. In a dash dance you just have to time the special.

PS: I hate the dash dance desync. Moved onto to bigger and better things. Cough dsg thread and the recent skype breakthroughs Cough Cough

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, I chase out of pivot all the time. All you have to do is jump with nana and IB at the peak of her jump then follow it.

DeLux

No, I chase out of pivot all the time. All you have to do is jump with nana and IB at the peak of her jump then follow it.
Which is still more button inputs and timing than a dash dance desync. I think. Could you break down the control inputs for me?

Dash dance is Initial Dash > Back Dash > Special in timing > Chase

Compared to what I think you're saying Dash > control flick > jump > IB > Chase

I wasn't saying it isn't possible. Just saying DDD is more common because it's easier inputs.

Top Bottom