• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSG - 7/24-7/25 tournament matches http://www.youtube.com/user/gkinfinity

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
wow i went into the pacific west region thread and there are was so much red(melee).

good ****.
tristate guys steppin up make me wanna step up and go....

*buys tickets*

edit: *sigh*

LuCKy

Smash Master
I should be coming to this and hopefully Gmoney as well! ^_^_^_^ My first ever time in Cali! I'm trying to come a few days early b4 the tourney to enjoy the state and see what its about!
yo if you n G are comin early you should come to socal :] dunks house is where its at man lol im sure people will drive you guys up to norcal

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
EDIT: latter post by me is a troll

WOW someone thought it would be fun to troll on my account.........=(

For funnsies I looked up tickets and stuff and meh it wasnt as expensive as I thought. however im still in my rookie period at my job which means no vacation time till like aug. plus im in hardcore saving mode right now

I do like the fact that there are MAD melee tourneys over here and I will be planning a trip. I kinda wanna have an extended visit.(cuz i've been thinking about trying to get a job out there). CA has me for Genesis 2(whenever it gets announced) though. Just wish i could really join my tristate commrades. I think ima start looking at CA tourneys further down the line just in case genesis 2 doesnt come up.

PC wins this....callin it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah actually I was going to suggest changing the payout structure as well. Top 4 definitely needs payout, perhaps 5th depending on attendance.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
I wanted to do that from the get go before it was getting this much attention but I remember you, pocky, bobby and lou telling me to just keep it at 60, 30, 10. Glad you came around, haha.

I remember shroomed getting 4th at the cgc shiz went to and thought "**** this sucks if he went all this way just to get...nothing."

pockyD

Smash Legend
is there any actual indication that it WILL break 100 people though?

instead of straight up changing the pay structure, maybe just give one or more alternate payout structures dependent on the turnout

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Ok, but if it breaks 100 people you have to pick up brawl, play kirby, then call yourself myron or king of the sky kirby.

Deal?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My idea:
< 64 people: 50-30-20
65-96 people: 50-25-15-10
>96 people: 5th place gets entry fee back, rest of the money is split as in 65-96

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i hella wanna go to this, wonder how much it would cost to fly from vegas.

i'm curious if anyone near the venue could house, i could pay + pitch in for gas to the venue.

lemme know, it's not for sure but the more legit the plans the more likely

Bob Money

Smash Ace
this wasn't mentioned yet but THERE IS A hotel right across the venue like literally a 40 second walk. JB my young brother, you might want to post that info up .

Hilton Concord
1970 Diamond Blvd, Concord, California, United States 94520-5718
Tel: 1-925-827-2000 Fax: 1-925-827-2113

Venue
Fuddruckers
www.fuddruckers.com
1975 Diamond Boulevard
Concord, CA 94520-8105

HELLA close, group up your friends and save money on staying there!

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
this wasn't mentioned yet but THERE IS A hotel right across the venue like literally a 40 second walk. JB my young brother, you might want to post that info up .

Hilton Concord
1970 Diamond Blvd, Concord, California, United States 94520-5718
Tel: 1-925-827-2000 Fax: 1-925-827-2113

Venue
Fuddruckers
www.fuddruckers.com
1975 Diamond Boulevard
Concord, CA 94520-8105

HELLA close, group up your friends and save money on staying there!
Hi bobby!

Let's play some video games sometime.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Update

1. DISCOUNTS
Part 1: Televisions and systems.
Be one of the first 12 people to bring a FULL SET UP (television and system) and you will not be charged a venue fee AND 5 dollars will be taken off of your singles entry, making your discount a total of $10. Note: this will reduce your singles entry from $15 to $10 (just for clarification with these discounts entering every event will only be 25 dollars).
BY BRINGING A SYSTEM AND/OR TV YOU AUTOMATICALLY AGREE FOR THE SYSTEM AND/OR TV TO BE THERE OVER NIGHT AND/OR FOR THE TOURNAMENT TO USE THE TV AND/OR SYSTEM FOR BOTH DAYS. But if you insist you must take your system and/or tv home and you do not bring it back the following day you WILL NOT be playing in the tournament, you are disqualified and you have just donated, no exceptions. I'm not giving out discounts for set ups used 1 day of the tournament.
Part 2: Partial set ups
You will receive a 2 dollar discount off of the venue fee if you bring a system or TV that is being used.
Part 3: FANS
First 7 people to bring fans 12inches in diameter or larger for the tournament to use for BOTH DAYS will not be charged a venue fee. It gets hot in that room so I felt it was necessary to reward people who wanted to help that aspect.

2. STAGES
Singles/Crews Neutrals:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Singles counterpicks:
all Neutral stages plus,
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64

RAINBOW CRUISE AND BRINSTAR ARE NOT AVAILABLE COUNTER PICKS FOR SINGLES.

Doubles Neutrals:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Double counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

3. SIGN UPS
I will NOT be having an online preregistration, instead I will be having sign ups in the morning of the first day.
With this being said I'm going to be insanely strict, because smashers are late as f***. Anyone in line after 9 o'clock will be charged a late fee of 5 dollars (thanks shroomed and company). Simple as that, no exceptions. I don't care if you're Ken making your return to melee or BoZoRockin one of the coolest smashers I know.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
I cant effing wait for this. i get to play axe and forward and PC..cmon like can it get any better?!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

L__

Smash Master
you can stay at my place

but I live farther away from the venue than you...

Lovage

Smash Hero
yep! smashers ***** the polls and she won a buncha sweet **** like professional photography and other things

D

Deleted member

because oscar isn't going i need a partner

i work well with just about anybody

but i want to get top 3

Top Bottom