• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSG - 7/24-7/25 tournament matches http://www.youtube.com/user/gkinfinity

Zoap

Smash Master
MaNg0 said:
and shroomed they dont even need me

Did you forget why we lost to EC at Genesis? I'm pretty sure Socal is better off with Mr. 2 Stock anyways.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
so wet

Mr. "I ****" got the smack down laid on his goofy ***.

Edit: vote

1. Keep crews as is.
2. 4 crews: norcal, socal, 2 out of state crews.
3. 3 man crews (entry would change to $15 per crew, $5 per person.)
4. **** crews.

Oh and reasons for why one vote one way or another is appreciated.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Mr. "I ****" got the smack down laid on his goofy ***.

Edit: vote

1. Keep crews as is.
2. 4 crews: norcal, socal, 2 out of state crews.
3. 3 man crews (entry would change to $15 per crew, $5 per person.)
4. **** crews.

Oh and reasons for why one vote one way or another is appreciated.
I'll look at this case-by-case:

1) Keep it as it is

Crews as 5v5 seems fun, but there aren't many 5 man crews. The only crew that's legit now is DBR (whom will be doing a lot of hosting). Also, assembling 5 man crews out of friends & ringers is a little goofy, and the skill levels will be divided up in weird first-pick schemes that may have no meaning at all.

Unless we try a more regional based crew system: Area Code crews.

415 vs. 650 vs. 510 vs. 925 vs. 408 vs. Whatever-SoCal-Area-Codes-There-Are

That way skill level is well-divided.

2) NorCal, SoCal, 2 OoS

NorCal vs. SoCal is fun and all -- but we've had enough to dull it out. Also, the 2 out of state crews will probably just get dominated, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of OoS players anyway.

3) 3 Man Crews

That sounds awesome. But entertaining the situation of:

1st) Crew 1: Mango + PC + Zhu
2nd) Crew 2: SilentSpectre + Lucky + Axe

is a little predictable. 3 man crews can end up just like this, where the winning crew will have the best players, and the 2nd place crew will have the players that follow, or something similar to that.

4) Scrap crews

No. Crew tournaments are fun. If there's not enough time for crews, take it out. I don't see why an event would be taken out unless there was no time or no one wanted it.

I say, let's do Area Code Crews.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i vote:
2.) norcal,socal,+ 2 oos crews

orrr

3.) 3-man crews

i havent been around long enough for norcal vs socal to get old,but if everyone else is tired of it then im down for whatever

MaNg0

Smash Hero
thats cause everyone knows

good players suck against bad ones

they are our counter

1. shadow btzo for example

looool <3 btzo

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I'll look at this case-by-case:

1) Keep it as it is

Crews as 5v5 seems fun, but there aren't many 5 man crews. The only crew that's legit now is DBR (whom will be doing a lot of hosting). Also, assembling 5 man crews out of friends & ringers is a little goofy, and the skill levels will be divided up in weird first-pick schemes that may have no meaning at all.

Unless we try a more regional based crew system: Area Code crews.

415 vs. 650 vs. 510 vs. 925 vs. 408 vs. Whatever-SoCal-Area-Codes-There-Are

That way skill level is well-divided.

2) NorCal, SoCal, 2 OoS

NorCal vs. SoCal is fun and all -- but we've had enough to dull it out. Also, the 2 out of state crews will probably just get dominated, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of OoS players anyway.

3) 3 Man Crews

That sounds awesome. But entertaining the situation of:

1st) Crew 1: Mango + PC + Zhu
2nd) Crew 2: SilentSpectre + Lucky + Axe

is a little predictable. 3 man crews can end up just like this, where the winning crew will have the best players, and the 2nd place crew will have the players that follow, or something similar to that.

4) Scrap crews

No. Crew tournaments are fun. If there's not enough time for crews, take it out. I don't see why an event would be taken out unless there was no time or no one wanted it.

I say, let's do Area Code Crews.
Area code crews does sound like a lot of fun. I like that idea. The idea behind 3 man crews is that its easier to form more of them. More people have 2 friends they play with or finding 2 people to form a crew with then finding 4 people. There is always going to be top crews with the highest chances of winning, thats inevitable. Thats what seeds are.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hmmmmmm i need a teammate

why should u team with me? i have a pretty ballin' postcount

WassupJB

Smash Lord
1. Keep as is.
2. Area code crews
3. 3 man crews.
4. 3 man area code crews (not sure how many out of state heads are coming. haha, it may be necessary).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey guys,

I'm opening my house in Novato up to provide housing for people. It's a pretty spacious place so I'm hoping we can get a bunch of people over for festivities. It is a 40 minute drive from the venue.

I am currently housing Silent Wolf. If anyone else needs housing let me know (only people I trust kthx).

LuCKy

Smash Master
he took 3 . . . where if he hadnt up smashed the air he couldve took more and possibly won us the crew battle lol zhu ***** m2k after mango anyways so who cares

me n jeff ***** either way . . . .even though all i did was tap a bowser lol sup dj

MaNg0

Smash Hero
rey had to fight scar and tope

and ur bragging about 4 stocks

only in norcal

and zoo carried my slack baby

socal.. =D

Zoap

Smash Master
LuCKy said:
he took 3 . . . where if he hadnt up smashed the air he couldve took more and possibly won us the crew battle lol zhu ***** m2k after mango anyways so who cares

me n jeff ***** either way . . . .even though all i did was tap a bowser lol sup dj
I don't think you understand that 3 from Rey is a good thing. 2 from Mango is like Kobe Bryant scoring 8 pts in Game 7.:laugh:

Atlus8 said:
You want to take at least four stocks in a crew battle! Taking only three hurts your team!

West Coast sux! I'm sure East Coast would beat us again if s#!+ goes down!
If you want to take at least 4 stocks why the hell did Mango send in a Pikachu knowing full well that Hax had 1 stock and that Tope's sheik was on the other team. :confused:

MaNg0 said:
rey had to fight scar and tope

and ur bragging about 4 stocks

only in norcal

and zoo carried my slack baby

socal.. =D
I'm not bragging about anything. If I was I would've simply said Jeff(Norcal) took 8 stocks giving the Westcoast a 3 stock lead and somehow you managed to squander it away(Putting a Pika in on one stock when you know they have a chain grab happy sheik, Letting Rey face Tope, Picking Corneria vs M2k). We almost got Lucky with Zhu and Lucky cleaning up your mistakes but there's only so much they could do. :)

Dr.Midnight said:
if i beat zhu, i get a GUARANTEED spot on the WC crew next time aite?
I wouldn't count on any good decision making from Mango. See above:dizzy:

Alen said:
Dont forget paul!
Paul's pretty rusty, but thats ok he still whooped Lucky after being gone for 6 months so he should def be in.:chuckle:

macd said:
no shroomed, if it worked that way, me and fly would have spots, not you
Don't forget Pnoy in there I hear that guy did a number on Zhu too.:laugh:

Top Bottom