• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest Peaches - Now in Collaboration! *Combo vid, checkit out!*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Great, more videos :bee:

I'll add them tomorrow though, now I need to finish this assignment I got for tomorrow grr.

(600th)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Ha ha ha. Someone is a lil hyped I see eh?
Hyped. No. I'm amazing right now. XD

one i feel peachy again i will crush u with mah turnipz son! XD... buuuttttt i know what ur saying though... ill need to get better practice against zss and mk. oh anv the reason i stopped moving in ps2 is cause i thought my dad was coming to my room. so i had to scramble to turn off the lights and tv. XD oh if u give me ur wii # i can show u who i have to practice against
Yeah, I didn't know what was going on. I just knew to stop and wait. XD And yeah, for all I know you were playing teribly and normally 3 stock ZSS's XD But don't plan on winning against me anymore, I have the power of mew2king and a sexy brazillian girl on my side !!!!!

Get him Peackkid. Beat his azz :p
Sending your lackies? Nonetheless, don't try to stop the inevitable! XD XD (just being cocky XD)

God **** Metaknight is so **** hard to deal against :ohwell:
Metaknight is easier then Ike imo.... I hate Ike's...

EDIT EDIT EDIT:::::

I did it guys! I figured out how to work without Linux. I know you don't care, but I cracked a WEP key (for security purposes...) using windows XP! It was amazing! Now, back to our non social Peach games...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Hmm, I need to test the lag issue some way. Did you guys play with someone very far away from you (I'm talkign about different countries), was there TOO MUCH LOL UNPLAYABLE lag?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
DM you sure have become cocky lately. Dont want you to lose when your all cocky then all that talk ment nothing But it seems like your having fun so I see no harm done..

Dekuu If you play from another country there will be losts of lag and it also depends on what kind of connection both players have, and how good it is at that.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah I know. But the other day I played someone from Mexico (I'm in the very south of the world, and no, not in antarctica) and I didn't have any lag at all...Probably just some input lag.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hmm, I need to test the lag issue some way. Did you guys play with someone very far away from you (I'm talkign about different countries), was there TOO MUCH LOL UNPLAYABLE lag?
I think this might help you. I think it tests your internet connection or something. I've tried it but I dont really understand it that much.
This might help you also.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
DM you sure have become cocky lately. Dont want you to lose when your all cocky then all that talk ment nothing But it seems like your having fun so I see no harm done..

Dekuu If you play from another country there will be losts of lag and it also depends on what kind of connection both players have, and how good it is at that.
I guess it's an inferiority complex. Since I already proved that you guys are better, why not try to convince everyone different? XD

Nah, just 13 mountain dews and brawl later... Yup, I get cocky XD Peachkid annihlated me the first rounds, then he just sloped and started not winning. Helps that I started mimicking exactly what he did, since we have almost identical playstyles.

Don't think I can beat you that way, seems that imitating spacing is harder then it looks XD Don't worry though, I will be able to conquer the smash dominion with Peach someday, along with the Peach bretherine. Just waiting for MLG pro circuits, everyone will see Peach explode, and then we (base peaches of everything) will be reveered as legends of smash XD

hova

Smash Champion
everyone should come down to MD for the critical hit tourney on July 5th

$3,000 pot

come prove that you're the best Peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I guess it's an inferiority complex. Since I already proved that you guys are better, why not try to convince everyone different? XD

Nah, just 13 mountain dews and brawl later... Yup, I get cocky XD Peachkid annihlated me the first rounds, then he just sloped and started not winning. Helps that I started mimicking exactly what he did, since we have almost identical playstyles.

Don't think I can beat you that way, seems that imitating spacing is harder then it looks XD Don't worry though, I will be able to conquer the smash dominion with Peach someday, along with the Peach bretherine. Just waiting for MLG pro circuits, everyone will see Peach explode, and then we (base peaches of everything) will be reveered as legends of smash XD
I suggest you play your own way and not copy how others play. You can learn from them but trying to play just like them is not gonna work. What you need is mindgames and your own created style. They say and I agree that Peachkid resembles me, But we have 2 different styles. I play very creative and I switch with offense and Defense with Peach in matches. So I create random stuff to do.

Also if you compy someone and try to play just like that, They will know what to expect and counter it........cause your playing or trying to play just like them.

everyone should come down to MD for the critical hit tourney on July 5th

$3,000 pot

come prove that you're the best Peach
I would like too go to that but it will be very hard for me too from here with no ride or anyway to get there. And I dont think I'm the best Peach for that matter or close to it. So I got nothing to prove.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Raaaaah.

I wanna fight some peach players with my Sonic. I also have a well developed peach if anyone wants to try me out. PM me if you wanna match.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Beating people online with Wifi lag, in friendlies no less, is nothing to brag about, and losing to people online in Wifi lag, in friendlies no less is nothing to feel bad about. Plus they are just dittos, there are around 30 other matchups that kind of mean something. Yes it's a way to see someones style and somewhat the level they are on, but a friendly ditto ONLINE is a far cry from a real tournament match.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
oops, I'll fix that XD

And You are right Edreese. Must agree. Going to a tourney tonight! ^.^

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Played my first online matches today. I was doing good with Peach and winning most of my matches. But with 4 on 4 and terrible lag I got cheated out of a few. My connection was terrible and went out on me during a battle even! I think Peachkid was there because on my friend list even though I hadn't played him yet it shows a red circle meaning we did play but with terrible lag. So that was kind of fun.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just went to a tournament. I don't have the results yet, got knocked out by a good Snake (XP) but it was good overrall.

First round vs. Poketrainer/Link (1-0)
Second round vs Ike/Yoshi (1-1)
Third round vs Falco/Wolf (2-1)
Fourth round vs Peach (haha) (3-1)
Fifth round vs DDD/Lucas (4-1)
Sixth round vs Snake (I'm out... 4-2)

Yup, I was proud. TX has the most top tier elitists right now other then so. cal, (and nocal), but I did really good. Most people said my Peach was beast. I need work on my snake game to the xtremes tho. I'm going to play nothing but snakes and MK's all week for a good practice. I know what to do, but not well enough.

So I'll post a link to the thread later, (when the results get posted). It was about a 50 person tourney, and I think I top 10'd it. Yeah!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Played my first online matches today. I was doing good with Peach and winning most of my matches. But with 4 on 4 and terrible lag I got cheated out of a few. My connection was terrible and went out on me during a battle even! I think Peachkid was there because on my friend list even though I hadn't played him yet it shows a red circle meaning we did play but with terrible lag. So that was kind of fun.
i havent played u yet tho... hey our scheduled match maybe alittle bit later due to me having a voice lession soon u still up for the match?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Hey guys, I just went to a tournament. I don't have the results yet, got knocked out by a good Snake (XP) but it was good overrall.

First round vs. Poketrainer/Link (1-0)
Second round vs Ike/Yoshi (1-1)
Third round vs Falco/Wolf (2-1)
Fourth round vs Peach (haha) (3-1)
Fifth round vs DDD/Lucas (4-1)
Sixth round vs Snake (I'm out... 4-2)

Yup, I was proud. TX has the most top tier elitists right now other then so. cal, (and nocal), but I did really good. Most people said my Peach was beast. I need work on my snake game to the xtremes tho. I'm going to play nothing but snakes and MK's all week for a good practice. I know what to do, but not well enough.

So I'll post a link to the thread later, (when the results get posted). It was about a 50 person tourney, and I think I top 10'd it. Yeah!
Nice job!!! Yes, Snake's will take Peaches out in tournaments unless there's mondo practice. I feel your pain.

hova

Smash Champion
am i the only one who has more trouble with Marth & Lucario than DDD, Mk, and Snake

anyone have any good edgeguarding tricks. i either hurl turnips, edgehog, or go out with a fair or nair

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
One thing you can do is run and jump off the stage with a turnip in your hand. Throw the turnip the other way and back air. And you can make it back cause you still have a second jump and you can float back.

Z-dropping to screw up sweetspots work well and you then can get a free hit.

Create a turnip wall off the stage and on the stage, whichever one you see you can do at the moment. and set yourself of for an attack Cause if they get passed the turnips, they still have to deal with you.

And I dont know if it will help much But here are some vids of me fighting Marth. If they dont help them Im sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dark.Pch+Marth&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

hova

Smash Champion
i'm definitely going to try the turnip > bair

i guess I really only have trouble with two marths; one of them is actually my teammate and i play with him regularly and the other is Neo. and the only lucarios are my teammate again and then Azen left me pretty helpless

i appreciate the help though and will post some vids once i get all my stuff together

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
i havent played u yet tho... hey our scheduled match maybe alittle bit later due to me having a voice lession soon u still up for the match?
I will be up for it anytime. I sent you message since you weren't there to try for 6:30pdt, but anytime is fine just let me know, preferable over a pm but either way. Also I know we didn't officially play but there is a red dot by your brawl # so I thought that meant we played. Thats what it says in the brawl manual thing anyway.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
good ****, but i think you're giving TX too much credit

MD/Va > Tx

*regional pride*
Well, you would be right, except for...

Wobbles, Infinity, Ice, Jumpman > MD/VA

Sorry...

Nice job!!! Yes, Snake's will take Peaches out in tournaments unless there's mondo practice. I feel your pain.
Yeah, I am going to be getting a lot of practice here soon. Also, I saw BigFoot. He said you are on the power rankings for Cali, what number and such?

am i the only one who has more trouble with Marth & Lucario than DDD, Mk, and Snake

anyone have any good edgeguarding tricks. i either hurl turnips, edgehog, or go out with a fair or nair
Peach is marth counter. Melee and all. Lucario isn't a hard matchup because it's harder to combo Peach with lucario. DDD and MK aren't that hard for me at all. And Snake is tupid broken. Utilt + Ftilt + Projectiles = Peach has no approach or game without mind games.

As for Marth, it's all about Dair's if float cancelled right, and combo game. If I touch a marth, it's a good 60% - Death. they are just so floaty. Use your Mushroom to. Since they have no projectiles, if it's a lame marth, they virtually have no approach either.

hova

Smash Champion
you can't dair a marth when they perfectly space Fairs

heavier characters are much easier to combo so i don't know why you can **** marth and not snake

I doubt you've played an Azen type Lucario

who are the random Tx people you named? besides Wobbles those names mean absolutely nothing to me. Can't wait for the first major so EC can establish their dominance in smash again

fyi for everyone- well placed turnips knock snake out of his upB and he will get knocked back at a downward angle

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
you can't dair a marth when they perfectly space Fairs

heavier characters are much easier to combo so i don't know why you can **** marth and not snake

I doubt you've played an Azen type Lucario

who are the random Tx people you named? besides Wobbles those names mean absolutely nothing to me. Can't wait for the first major so EC can establish their dominance in smash again

fyi for everyone- well placed turnips knock snake out of his upB and he will get knocked back at a downward angle
Actually, those names are big. How about Hylian,, he kind of counts?

And snake is hella harder to approach, his tilts pwn, and his projectiles/movement game pwn marth to. But I've never had problems with marth. His Fairs aren't ****, unless used REALLY well. Plus, in Brawl, all he has is Fair + Counter on my Peach. I'm not scared of any marths (in brawl). Comboing marth is really easy, because once above you, there isn't much he can do. imo.

And MD has some good players I'm sure, I just don't know of any myself. I'm actually represent from AZ, (I'm sure you know about Taj, Forward, Wobbles (again), Light, etc.). Texas is just a country on it's own (you know, all of Texas, out side of smash included, automatically assumes it's amazing XD).

I can't believe you haven't heard of Jumpman. He's a wolf, but he's also at the top of every rankings for online play there is right now, has pwned tourneys, and puts up matches against the best players in the country. Azen has a good lucario, but if you look harder there are way better lucario's in brawl right now. He just has a good name from melee. (Not that he isn't amazing!!!!) But lucario doesn't have a whole lot of game against Peach imo, it's too hard to beat the priority games and ledge game.

And thank you SOOOO MUCH! That turnip trick I was not aware of. I'm going to start practicing (I actually usually Zdrop turnips over the ledge against all characters, but snake I always thought it didn't do anything, so I stuck to waiting for a free bair or fair. Gimp kills ftw). Amazing techs. Any other random tips you can help out with on the Snake matchup?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
DM- Peach is not no Marth counter. She does good against Marth if the Peach knows wtf she is doing and can beat but. But she does not counter Marth. How you get that idea. For beasting Marths that you played? If you all of a sudden started beating meta, would you call Peach a meta counter?

Your method of play Marth will get you beat against a good one. Its not all about fancy combos. Is that what Peach players really think now? That she is all about Dairs and fancy tilt connection comboes? Its dangerous to try to FC a good Marth cause his spacing and his F/Nair Can cut you down from the skies. Your way of getting close to marth like that all the time is not good. And players already have the mindset of what Peach is gonna do (Dair combos) Your air game will be shot down.

I play alot of Peaches and I see them going with those Dair combos and being greedy for them. Peach is not all about that. Marth you have to play him very carfully. Even if his range is short he is still a counter for Peach and can be a pain to deal with. Marth will cut your Dair game down to size. then what are you gonna do? You depend on dair things too much and now a good Marth took it away. Your finished.

I fight Marth Both defenive and agressive. I take it slow till I find an opening. And I wont go in till I see one. I use glide tosses. ( I think I mastered the use of it and can use it in so many creative ways from what people keep telling me) And I know how to fight on the ground. So If a Marth wants to cut my air game, I deal with him on the ground. then mix up air and ground, glide tosses........and of course mindgames and good edge guards to win. Just cause his range is short dont mean its so easy. Marth is still good in this game and good Vs Peach.

For snake I fight him the same way as Marth. When I see an opening, I beat the hell out of him. If he breaks free, I GTFO of there cause his tilts and projectile set ups are gonna get you good. So now I have to find a way to get inside him again. And now it wont be by Dair combos all the time The air leaves you open as godly as Peach is in the air. If you screw up a hit, GTFO and retreat. This is a hit and run game. Good Snakes will make it hard for you to get close and a good hit on them.

hova

Smash Champion
helpful hints- if timed right; your opponent can't shield grab a fair to slap. i've decided that fair to slap is the new drill shine

your opponent can sidestep two rapid slaps, but if you notice they sidestep the first, you can do a brief pause before the second and hit them after the sidestep before they can do anything... good for warios, DDDs and metaknights that abuse sidestep

bairs can challenge marth's fair; once I get Marth above about 135 I just start spacing bair for the kill

if Snake goes high above the stage with his upB, he is wide open for a usmash unless he comes down with dair or drops a C4 directly below him

usmash goes thru the lower platforms of battlefield and the side platforms on corneria

uair, fair, bair, nair all kill at reasonable percents

attacking with sideB is bad; i promise you there is always a better option

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You space the Fair well then slap you cannot get shield grab.

Back air is good against Marth cause it comes out quick and has range.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think he was talking about Snake tho.

And DP, I wasn't trying to make a commentary or guide on beating marth, just pointing things out. And I always say Peach is a Marth counter, I say alot of stupid things.

But anyways, there isn't a simple way to beat any good player, ever. Period. Everyone should already know that. Dair and combos don't mean **** if you don't know how to use them, or how to take advantage of what. You have to have perfect game. Spacing and things are all vital to Peach. Against marth, there are too many tactics to take advantage of to name right now without making a guide about it. For one, your Dsmash (which no one dares mention anymore because it is SO terrible, right? /sarcasm). Marth hates that move, because of the new floaty SH, marth can't touch your Dsmash if you use it right and space it good. A million other things follow. Your style pends to.

I'm not always extremely aggressive, just normally in Peach dittos. I hate standing on one side of the stage waiting for my opponent, unless it's a tourney round. I'm just not campy enough for that.

But to me, personally, Marth (and Meta Knight) are both easier matchups. It's matchups that require extreme spacing and HUGE mind game thought that bite my Peach in the ***. But I'm still working on that.

In other news. m2k just broke my spirit in a pm.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh boy...Your in for a world of hurt dude. Your gonna learn the hard way though, so I'll leave it at that.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Dark Meow, I'm not on the power rankings (yet) =P Hanging around the edge of it though. You'll see me there sooner or later. Not sure why bigfoot thought I was on there, probably because I was in Melee as Peach?

I personally agree that Marth and Metaknight are not NEARLY as bad as Snake. Actually, I don't have a problem with Metaknights at all anymore. I'm convinced that matchup is in Peach's favor, but no one is going to believe me because it seems crazy but trust me you'll see it down the line, after you get a lot of experience in the matchup, you'll see that at higher levels Peach has got that advantaged to her. Marth I think is a pretty even fight, you will be getting more hits and damage but his stupid tipper will randomly kill you suddenly, that's the wild card. I woudln't call Peach a counter to him but I think she has the best shot in the game at beating Marth's aside from the top tier characters. I think if you can avoid tips and spikes and trade hits with him a lot (back air trades with his forward air even if spaced) then you can handle it.

Thanks for the tips on Snakes, I need all I can get for that matchup, it's such a *****. I didn't know a turnip can knock him out, that's very useful to know. I'm gonna experiment with forward tilt more in this matchup to see if i can get it to at least cancel with his jabs and f-tilts, I believe they do cancel so this could be something to help a lot. (forward tilt to forward smash when near)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Oh boy...Your in for a world of hurt dude. Your gonna learn the hard way though, so I'll leave it at that.
Are you scared of the Marth matchup? Or the MetaKnight? They seriously aren't that hard, I've played THE BEST metaknight, or at least WAY TOP TIER, and held my ground. I'll probably beat him tomorrow at a local smashfest (Wobbles).

Of course, you have to realize, some people don't have trouble with certain matchups. I lost to a yoshi in tournament. C'mon. (That Yoshi was good tho...)

But maybe you are right, if I learn the hard way, then I'll come crying back to you for help ^_^

And edreese, how good were you at Melee? I went to some Norcal tournies and never heard of you. (Perhaps you know about Light then, cuz he went to Cali alot to ^.^)

I definetly think you'll be on the list, power rankings embrace Peach XD

Dark Pch, I've been meaning to ask, what's your worst matchup? Mine is Snake. I'm testing something right now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Are you scared of the Marth matchup? Or the MetaKnight? They seriously aren't that hard, I've played THE BEST metaknight, or at least WAY TOP TIER, and held my ground. I'll probably beat him tomorrow at a local smashfest (Wobbles).

Of course, you have to realize, some people don't have trouble with certain matchups. I lost to a yoshi in tournament. C'mon. (That Yoshi was good tho...)

But maybe you are right, if I learn the hard way, then I'll come crying back to you for help ^_^

And edreese, how good were you at Melee? I went to some Norcal tournies and never heard of you. (Perhaps you know about Light then, cuz he went to Cali alot to ^.^)

Dark Pch, I've been meaning to ask, what's your worst matchup? Mine is Snake. I'm testing something right now.
I never said I was scared of marth and meta. I can fight them both no problem. Have you not seen my vids? Marth and Meta dont bother me at all.

And Im not sure about my hardest match up. Some of my bad matchups are evenly a pain.

hova

Smash Champion
so i played my boy again last night and Marth definitely is a crazy hard match up that needs to be played a specific way. i decided to try a bunch of different stuff, but nothing worked and i had to go back to my old way of fighting him

no offense to anyone else, but my teammate really makes Marths in the vids i've seen look ********. i see so many wide openings against those other Marths. maybe i could get some of you to play him online to see what you think

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

After Sastopher retired, I was the best Peach on the west coast :) I went to Norcal a couple of times , did you go to NCT2 by any chance? Just look me up on Allisbrawl if you want to see some of history, I was #5 on the power rankings for quite a long time in socal. Yeah, outside of the wc, I wasn't really well known, because I don't make combo videos and I didn't travel outside of the WC until Pound 3. And I know Light pretty well actually, we played many times (friendlies) at several tournies. Cool guy. Oh and aroudn the time Pound 3 started my skills started going down the ****ter ^_^ hehe. Do you iknow Wobbles? I love that guy. We played many, many tournament matches.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
EdressesPieces!

I swear I saw you play on Azn4's tournament; I participated too. You where awesome, and not to sound like a total fan boy; I was cheering for your Peach the whole time.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
@Nah, didn't make it to NC2. But I would bet we've played before ^.^ And yeah, I know Wobbles. He's amazing, in Brawl his MK is really good to. Only player I'm afraid of in Texas right now XD I'll tell him you said hey ^.^

@Hova: Dude, I've been waiting for an amazing marth. Tell him I REALLY wanna play.

@Dark Pch: I get what you are saying. Marth and MK aren't easy matchups for Peach. Not specifically me and you, but Peach. I thought you meant that Marth and MK should be hard for me. ANd I didn't believe you, cuz I've played the best of those (that I've heard of) and beat them.

I know a matchup that has to screw you up somewhere. Wolf. (If not, definetly share what you know. I've gotten good at the matchup, but still have some downfalls...)

Top Bottom