• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol, random phonecall? Certainly not I.

Okay, I promise I'm not just looking up my name, I just happened to come here to tell you guys that

I'll be in Ottawa from 15th-27th, and on the 20th, I'm going to a smashfest in Ottawa. I know it's probably hella far, but I'm just sayin. I hear you guys need to learn to powershield more. I could teach you, and I wouldn't even have to charge.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Power shielding is tremendously over rated against Falco unless you can do something immediately out of your shield (usually means you need range... aka be Marth or maybe Falcon?)

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Lol, random phonecall? Certainly not I.

Okay, I promise I'm not just looking up my name, I just happened to come here to tell you guys that

I'll be in Ottawa from 15th-27th, and on the 20th, I'm going to a smashfest in Ottawa. I know it's probably hella far, but I'm just sayin. I hear you guys need to learn to powershield more. I could teach you, and I wouldn't even have to charge.
teach me how to powershield it basically anals falco

idea

Smash Master
wow. i had a lecture on racist stuff from the past too, but...that tops all of it.

i'm probably free saturday too. maybe i should just have a smashfest here. ...i'll think about it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It was in a class on comics and cartoons and part of a lengthy lecture on satire.

You can rest easy knowing no ****** hearts were actually consumed in the making of this advertisement.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Power shielding is tremendously over rated against Falco unless you can do something immediately out of your shield (usually means you need range... aka be Marth or maybe Falcon?)
You're probably right. But I like to do it with Fox because of nair, too. Backwards powershield to bair is good too. You have to remember that Falco starts getting scared when his approach no longer works. They start doing ridiculous things like blatantly throwing in nairs. You got in their heads and then it's GG!

I remember in TP2 I played against DEHF's falco and I powershielded him so many times, and then he was like wth and then he didn't play as well as he could have. There's no way I should have 3stocked him twice.

O_o i love diakono's marth T:T
Play meeeeee I've never played EC before! Except Ganon, and a few friendlies with Bam.
teach me how to powershield it basically anals falco
Basically you just walk up to them and be like "NO."
=[ is this a no-toronto show for me, then? (get a load of my sick rhymes)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You're probably right. But I like to do it with Fox because of nair, too. Backwards powershield to bair is good too. You have to remember that Falco starts getting scared when his approach no longer works. They start doing ridiculous things like blatantly throwing in nairs. You got in their heads and then it's GG!

lol thats so bull****

I love you manuel but come on. Get in their head? Approach no longer works?

When do Falcos approach to begin with? If they sit back and continue to shoot lasers like they are supposed to, powershielding won't do much to sway them. you're clicking the button wildly and they're laughing as you gradually accumulate damage so you can't CC anything. Then they rambo you when they get bored and take your stock for free because dair and shine are dumb.

If the Falcos were smart they could incorporate double lasers, late low lasers (so they can SH over your powershielded ones and continue camping), and use platforms to sneak them in without getting hit. I refuse to believe that powershielding lasers gets you into Falco's head. Falco is 80% in control of every match unless they **** up or stop shooting.

Don't worry I know Fox/Marth/Sheik etc are stupid too. :)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol Bernard, when you hit 70-80% of them things change. Besides, if they start doing that jumping business or start trying to mix up their lasers you just fair them and combo them into grab or something. Trust meeeee I've never met a falco that was so quick on their happy feet to change it up before getting punished. Except Zhu, but I was playing bad ;) lol johns.

Guess you'll have to bring your amazing EC falcos and show me a lesson *obnoxious snort* GUYS IM JUST JOKING GTA IS GREAT :D

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Doublepost:

Your foxes are better than ours imo. Both unknown and your fox are quite a bit better than mine, I think.

Raynex, if you don't believe me, ask eric how many times I've powershielded to bair him with fox! It'z sooooooooooooo broken omg bair

Europhoria

Smash Lord
You have to remember that Falco starts getting scared when his approach no longer works. They start doing ridiculous things like blatantly throwing in nairs. You got in their heads and then it's GG!
While I don't disagree with the ability to get inside people's heads I disagree with this as a reason for why power shielding is really useful against Falco for 2 reasons.
-This basically the argument of "use mindgames to win!". They can mind-game you too... which leads to the real point.
-Even when I was good at moving at moving out of my shield (it's like 50/50 if you don't make any mistakes), it was still far from an absolute solution to what a Fox/Falco can do against your shield. Power-shielding is legitimately just another way to use counter spam on a Falco, they'll start to blow you up for all the shielding with a variety of Falco like answers (grab, shield pressure, shoot more lasers from a distance). So while it's useful sometimes, it's very over rated.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Alrighty boys :). It seems to working okay for me, though of course it's not the only thing I do against falco.

Thanks for the input.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I like Mike's response to your powershielding tactics. I'm very bitter when it comes to Falco.

lol

My falco is trash but I'm going to camp you and see if I can find you in my head somewhere.

You should crash in Toronto for a weekend.

I.B

Smash Lord
ryan posting:

powershielding isn't that good, unless you're up close, but if they bother to laser at close range while you're on the ground, you deserve to kill them.

Top Bottom