• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol wats lazer quest
Everyone's falco, but in real life
prob the two most funniest posts i've ever read in this thread :laugh:

We've been talking about group laser quest since NNR was still around. We never got around to doing it though.

Also, the exchange between weon and Blur is so ****ing sig-worthy. lmao
the NNR never had Afro_Chris's planning style

Laser Quest.

Open Hours
MONDAY: Available for Private Group Events. Call now!
TUESDAY: 5 pm to 9 pm
WEDNESDAY: 5 pm to 9 pm
THURSDAY: 5 pm to 9 pm
FRIDAY: 5 pm to 11 pm
SATURDAY: 10 am to 11 pm
SUNDAY: 10 am to 8 pm

Cost
GENERAL: $8.50 - Not sure if it's 2 games.

I'm so down. We should also chill/smash at someones house after.
i say we go next wednesday or friday????? lol hopefully we get like a kids bday party lol it'll be smashers vs others!!!!!

..........................hey is there a age limit for lazer quest?

idea

Smash Master
more questions...
1. will upgrading the RAM by myself void the laptop warranty? i intend to check the papers, but is that generally something that would void a warranty? i would like to keep it since if one more thing screws up with it they have to give us a new one for free =P

2. the hard drive is making a weird clicky noise sometimes...it sounds like something might be caught in there. anyway, should i just ignore that? bring it in for them to look at (sounds dumb, but then it might be counted under the warranty, which would help as i mentioned above)?

afro -- don't go wednesday, i have school till 7:30 PM and some people will probably be at york.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
its reading week next week....

also u have a dead hard drive, bring it in cuz its gona like be unusable soon, if u open the laptop yourself it does u need them to do it

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
more questions...
1. will upgrading the RAM by myself void the laptop warranty? i intend to check the papers, but is that generally something that would void a warranty? i would like to keep it since if one more thing screws up with it they have to give us a new one for free =P

2. the hard drive is making a weird clicky noise sometimes...it sounds like something might be caught in there. anyway, should i just ignore that? bring it in for them to look at (sounds dumb, but then it might be counted under the warranty, which would help as i mentioned above)?

afro -- don't go wednesday, i have school till 7:30 PM and some people will probably be at york.
Upgrading the RAM shouldn't void your warranty. You usually unscrew a panel on the back of your laptop and just stick it in. If you have any important data on that HDD then you should get it off. You can back up your data using a desktop, or a USB HDD enclosure, over the network, USB drive, etc. If your laptop is still under warranty then a faulty hard drive will be covered under it. They don't do free data recovery though (Expensive).

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
lazer quest sucks you guys should go paintballing and trust me you guys will be camping your ***** off.

edit: lazer quest is still fun lol

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lol. Because I like to keep all my parts. And say it was a power supply. You can salvage capacitors off of it. Hardware is usable to me until it completely fails. Even then it could still be usable or fixed. You can use the PCB from clicking HDDs because its the disc mechanism.

I prefer the fix method rather than replacing.

Yo Afro, you heard of baking electronics? (eg: video cards) Lol.

idea

Smash Master
i worked in a computer repair shop, when u hear a harddrive starting to click its sign thats its no longer any good
k, thanks. i could use more storage space anyway.

I bombed my test :(

Oh well. It was only worth like 8.33% of my final grade.
same, haha...i should probably drop that course. then i could start leaving for class at 5:30 PM on tuesdays again.

Upgrading the RAM shouldn't void your warranty. You usually unscrew a panel on the back of your laptop and just stick it in. If you have any important data on that HDD then you should get it off. You can back up your data using a desktop, or a USB HDD enclosure, over the network, USB drive, etc. If your laptop is still under warranty then a faulty hard drive will be covered under it. They don't do free data recovery though (Expensive).
k. thanks for all the help guys. i'm mostly fine with computers until it gets to the tangible hardware =P

and yeah, i already have an external hard drive from the (first) time the motherboard died and best buy wanted to charge me, i think, $90 for 6 dvds' worth of backup for all my files. (don't ask why i got a computer at best buy......i was young...and my parents paid for it)

he said so himself, too good ryan
where the hell is that from...

(and Unknown is misspelled)

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Lol. Because I like to keep all my parts. And say it was a power supply. You can salvage capacitors off of it. Hardware is usable to me until it completely fails. Even then it could still be usable or fixed. You can use the PCB from clicking HDDs because its the disc mechanism.

I prefer the fix method rather than replacing.

Yo Afro, you heard of baking electronics? (eg: video cards) Lol.
lol that **** doesn't actually work does it? one of the employ's used to do it and charge alot for it, and like the customer would come in 2 weeks later and would be like it failed then we'd sell them a new one LOL. but its such a hassle to fix and honestly u cant really do **** with capacitors unless u got a lot, or replacing something that already failed "i.e u got two broken lcd screens one can be fixed by replacing the capacitors from the other" unless u own alot of computer parts no point in doing it that way just buy new parts

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
lol that **** doesn't actually work does it? one of the employ's used to do it and charge alot for it, and like the customer would come in 2 weeks later and would be like it failed then we'd sell them a new one LOL. but its such a hassle to fix and honestly u cant really do **** with capacitors unless u got a lot, or replacing something that already failed "i.e u got two broken lcd screens one can be fixed by replacing the capacitors from the other" unless u own alot of computer parts no point in doing it that way just buy new parts
It does work, its a temp fix depending on how much stress the card is getting. It works for many of other things too. Well you can use caps from other things in w.e your fixing, as long as the spec is within range. I am a cheap *** so I would rather fix it than buy new parts. For business though, its completely different. I would just tell them to replace it.

BTW Afro, do you remember who played the first pool matches or close to first in your pool? Instead of recording one match at a time I just recorded all day. LOL.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
sauc3 played all of his pool matches first, then imadh was like chris we gotta go eat so i then i 2-0 everyone :) expect reggie, that was prob the worst match i've ever played with my falcon, reggie ur rust like hit my falcon

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol i did the same thing, im prob not gona go threw it well maybe i might if u wana upload any vids of me were i do a awesome combo i'll be super happy :)

also i finally finished all my projects, so nowwwwwwwwwww the montage is being made

idea

Smash Master
yeah, that's the thing, no one wants to go through an hour or two of footage. but they probably would want to watch at least some of it if it were all separated out. (similarly, i wouldn't want to watch an hour-long smash video on youtube, not knowing who was playing exactly when)

I.B

Smash Lord
Is Sanuzi still going to VGBootcamp? Me needs to know if Car is full or not =.= I'm trying to get there as well. Let me know ASAP thank you GTA. :p
You're talking about that Indianapolis one right?

I highly doubt it.

I.B

Smash Lord
omg this is bugging me so bad

I got a call like 20 minutes ago from the Sheraton hotel near Pearson airport, and I didn't get to the phone in time.

What if it's an OOSer!?!?!?!??

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
omg this is bugging me so bad

I got a call like 20 minutes ago from the Sheraton hotel near Pearson airport, and I didn't get to the phone in time.

What if it's an OOSer!?!?!?!??
Also

Dianokos posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynEX
I'm pretty good. I should go to BC.

I lol'd. Guys, I'm going to be in Ottawa for a bit. I guess that's probably too far for you guys, right? I will be in Toronto for about an hour at the airport; MONEYMATCH?
theres your mystery

Top Bottom