• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Osman

Smash Apprentice

moozles

Smash Cadet
Hey Santana, just letting you know that Kevin and Allen arn't coming nemore, but I still am for Friday

idea

Smash Master
k, long post, put your...reading caps on.

I'd probably come by just to play Brawl+ for a bit
cool =) i wanna try it out. also melee.

also Kyle i could try to go thursday depending if I have a lot of homework cause like now im really ****ed for my subjects.

i have english, math (i get homework like everyday), biology and film arts.. so yeah right now school>life for me :(:(
well, try to come, but i'll understand if you can't. film arts doesn't sound very difficult though =P

biology is cool in theory, but always ends up being boring in class. at least in high school. i bet the bio classes at york would be good.

soft , my courses are
religion (teacher doesnt 'believe' in giving homework, when she said it, she actually put emphasis on the word believe, the ****ing freak.)
math (soft)
com tech , lolol
and media studies, lololo
is that why you picked religion =P i'd like to take a religion course someday though, i bet i'd find it really interesting. and yeah, those sound pretty easy. my last semester of high school i had international business, drama, and film. that was a really good semester. all 3 of those grades were submitted to york and got me a scholarship =P don't you love when things work out like that?

PC, Kdj, Cactus, Jman, darc, dazwa, pakeyman etc etc etc

Niko told me its 185$ round trip by greyhound.
Bernard, I'll go if we get someone to drive.
bernie im down if we get a drive.
yeah. me too pretty much. entirely an issue of money for me. i'd really like to go though =) i call a spot in the theoretical car again. i guess at this point it's the hypothetical 2nd car or hypothetical van.

oh, and i liked both videos, bernard. that guy is really good at his keyboarding. i turned it off once he started talking again though =P some people are just much more eloquent in their music than in their speech.

I don't think I'll go, time/money constraints.

Kyle, if you do a small thing tomorrow, I could drive over. Then if it's cool, you can have people crash? Cause then I could take a car-full up to my place on Friday, like Sots/Desh/etc. that can't come anyways? But I think you have school Friday so this won't work <_< And I don't even know if I can stay over Thursday.
i'll ask my parents. i actually don't have school friday so that could work......hypothetically. so stos, desh, andy and whoever else, you'd better at least come to my house!

for tomorrow - anyone who wants to come over, do so at 5:00 PM. if anyone needs directions just ask. yes people can stay over, but not like 20 again =P and you have to be quiet, cause my parents have work the next day and both go to sleep much earlier than the average smasher.

Desh

Smash Ace
lol i cant come on thursday D:
its like 3 hours bus'ing down to where you guys live =p,
i get out of school at 3, i'd probably leave at 4,
get there at 7, leave at like, 8 lol =[

-wishes i didnt live in brampton-

edit: join it if you dont hate me LOL D:
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=750
made for the lulz/ see how many people join XD

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i think they should be callin you santa..bringin the gift of a tv and all

>_<

/wrists at bad joke

Sanu

Smash Champion
Awesomez... possibly six setups.

Osman - Cube
RaynEX - Wii
Mike - TV/Cube? I don't remember?
Kyle - Wii
Josh - Wii or something? (recording equipment? :bee:)

I don't remember everyone...
Here's what I have in my inventory:

A cube
a Wii
a TV.
Two capturecards.

I'm bringing the wii guaranteed, the capture card you want to buy and most likely the T.V., no one is going to want to give up their TV for Brawl+ lol. Do you need another cube?

idea

Smash Master
it is indeed not tool-assisted.

so...i kind of forgot that my class today is an hour earlier than yesterday, which means i have to leave the house an hour earlier, which was about half an hour ago. so i guess i have today off =P hopefully i can get the notes off someone next week.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Here's what I have in my inventory:

A cube
a Wii
a TV.
Two capturecards.

I'm bringing the wii guaranteed, the capture card you want to buy and most likely the T.V., no one is going to want to give up their TV for Brawl+ lol. Do you need another cube?
which reminds me. you still haven't uploaded those vids from David's mini tourny yet. >_>
this also begs the question, why bring the capture card. lol

idea

Smash Master
^yeah, seriously, josh. i must have about 20 matches recorded on your laptop from that day.

maybe this weekend we should start saving them as separate videos?

Sanu

Smash Champion
You guys can do it, lol. I don't have as much free time as you guys do. Saving them as separate files doesn't really make a difference, but it may help a bit.

As for bringing the card, someone wants to buy it off of me. If I don't use it, someone else may as well, lol.

Edit: What file types can be uploaded to youtube and what codecs are required?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yes, it still's around. What's on there that makes you want them that badly anyways? <_<

I feel like there are too many videos up as it is and uploading a **** ton more will just lower their overall intrinsic value and entertainment... have too many can be a very bad thing, imo. No one is going to watch around 30-40 matches of the same two people playing over and over again. As such, I wanted to sort through all the matches and only post the good ones... which requires hours of my time to watch and select said matches.

It's like we've discussed before, there's millions of combo videos and matches now, so much so that the new ones aren't really all that special. Uploading the best and the brightest is the way to go. To solidify my point, look at Imadh's youtube channel. There's so many freaking vids on there but each one has like 2-20 views. No one is going to sit down and watch all of them, or even bookmark the page and come back for more. Wouldn't you rather have one-two amazing videos with 600-1000+ views?

If you guys want to, I'll bring my laptop to Santa's and you can figure out which ones you want me to upload. Record the file name and the time that the match is located within the file in notepad or something. I'd like to limit it to 3 per match up though (i.e, three of Bernard versus David, three of Bernard versus Imadh, Three of David versus Imadh, etc.) This isn't a decision out of lazyness, but a decision out of quality versus quantity. It's something that has been bugging me and is the main reason why I haven't uploaded any.

In summary: I'm not against uploading them, just uploading *all* of them.

Edit: Oh, and, you guys need to specify who is who in the notepad file too <_<

----

So anyways, I have a smash 64 question if anyone could answer it. I've heard there's some form of DI in the game... I've barely played it and really have no solid idea of all the ATs, but could someone explain 64 DI to me? I always thought there was no DI in 64, but eh, I've been wrong before. How is DI limited, what you can do with it, does smash DI exist? etc.

idea

Smash Master
^ makes sense...too bad this wasn't earlier, i don't think anyone remembers which matches they want uploaded or wants to watch all of them to check. i think i had a few good ones vs. ryan though.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kyle, since you don't have school, would it be possible if I came over now?

I don't wanna go down in rush hour time.

EDIT: Who's coming to your place today? I could bring a Wii if ya need.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Kyle, I'll probably try to make it over today sometime after 5 if that's alright. I won't be staying overnight though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yes, it still's around. What's on there that makes you want them that badly anyways? <_<

I feel like there are too many videos up as it is and uploading a **** ton more will just lower their overall intrinsic value and entertainment... have too many can be a very bad thing, imo. No one is going to watch around 30-40 matches of the same two people playing over and over again. As such, I wanted to sort through all the matches and only post the good ones... which requires hours of my time to watch and select said matches.

It's like we've discussed before, there's millions of combo videos and matches now, so much so that the new ones aren't really all that special. Uploading the best and the brightest is the way to go. To solidify my point, look at Imadh's youtube channel. There's so many freaking vids on there but each one has like 2-20 views. No one is going to sit down and watch all of them, or even bookmark the page and come back for more. Wouldn't you rather have one-two amazing videos with 600-1000+ views?

If you guys want to, I'll bring my laptop to Santa's and you can figure out which ones you want me to upload. Record the file name and the time that the match is located within the file in notepad or something. I'd like to limit it to 3 per match up though (i.e, three of Bernard versus David, three of Bernard versus Imadh, Three of David versus Imadh, etc.) This isn't a decision out of lazyness, but a decision out of quality versus quantity. It's something that has been bugging me and is the main reason why I haven't uploaded any.

In summary: I'm not against uploading them, just uploading *all* of them.

Edit: Oh, and, you guys need to specify who is who in the notepad file too <_<

----

So anyways, I have a smash 64 question if anyone could answer it. I've heard there's some form of DI in the game... I've barely played it and really have no solid idea of all the ATs, but could someone explain 64 DI to me? I always thought there was no DI in 64, but eh, I've been wrong before. How is DI limited, what you can do with it, does smash DI exist? etc.

dude. thats exactly the same way I feel. Recording too much is dumb. I tell this to Desh all the time, so every time we record we delete the stupid ones and keep the more entertaining ones.

Anyways, remember I said I only wanted a specific set off your laptop? It was the pools set I had vs. David that went 2-1 I believe. There were alot of sexual things in there.

Desh

Smash Ace
lol i still regret not having record the silly doc vs mewtwo set we had,
now THAT was fun XP
but yeah,
what me and andy do when we record,
is we record all of our matches, but just like, label the ones that are good =/

bernie teach me fox =3 ?????

Top Bottom