• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
^

The way you said it, it's like you're just using him for smash! :lol:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Im going to the venue I'm renting out for my tourney to confirm the date for Dec 20th. If all is good I will be posting a tournament thread today for Oin2.5. It will be melee and brawl. Singles and Doubles for both games. So I hope you guys come down, bring some setups, and get this community back on the same track.

-Niko

idea

Smash Master
good choice =D if people were considering/willing to come for one or two melee setups on the side, you know you'll get a way bigger turnout for officially including the game.

(lol remember let's brawl toronto? 15 or so people for one melee setup)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So does that mean I'm gonna have to win both tournaments with both my alter egos?
So be it then!

Runawayfire vs Minus

idea

Smash Master
god****it (i wanna see how much of that is censored)...i was preparing a message to send to gimpyfish for his new combo video thingy, and i had like 7 links with explanations and everything, and then firefox crashes on me. there were 3 tabs open, and for the rest of my computer just msn and bitcomet (besides norton and windows stuff)...grr.

Meverse

Smash Cadet
god****it (i wanna see how much of that is censored)...i was preparing a message to send to gimpyfish for his new combo video thingy, and i had like 7 links with explanations and everything, and then firefox crashes on me. there were 3 tabs open, and for the rest of my computer just msn and bitcomet (besides norton and windows stuff)...grr.
wow...that's...wow

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
lol oh lord nortons a peice of ****
that may be irrelevant to what happened, but man norton sucks ****

idea

Smash Master
wanna explain why exactly? cause i've heard enough reasons why norton is bad, especially the memory hogging, but it was free =P

also would avg free edition be better? again, from what i've heard i think it is, but besides norton being really slow i haven't heard any arguments for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l58p7KsvGzQ&feature=related

someone tell chops how to play against a jigglypuff. 1) land aerials BEHIND them...2) don't roll, that's what he wants you to do...and 3) stop getting grabbed so much. (referring to the whole set, which is pretty dumb)

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
yeah norton is a huge *** memory eater, wich is one of the main reasons why i dislike it :p
also in all honesty its AV and firewall are pretty horrible, avg does what it should and it way lighter than norton, not to mention the whole free thing. :p

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah norton is a huge *** memory eater, wich is one of the main reasons why i dislike it :p
also in all honesty its AV and firewall are pretty horrible, avg does what it should and it way lighter than norton, not to mention the whole free thing. :p
I find Symantec AntiVirus to be one of the best that I have used. (Where Symantic AntiVirus is actually a totally different AV than Norton)

And everything is "free". :bee:
And **** Firefox.
And lololololololol.

idea

Smash Master
lol yeah

next question - which browsers are good besides firefox? cause version 3 is very slow and crashy but version 2 will stop getting security updates in december.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i just dl'd and installed chrome, i already like it more than ff XP
uuhhh,
im not too sure about browsers, i only started using windows kinda recently, i prefer mac :p

idea

Smash Master
chrome seems pretty good

it loads pages at about the same speed as firefox but scrolling through stuff is faster. now i just need something for it that blocks the ads

edit: found it, basically. similar adblocking thing...the only inconvenience is that i have to click it once the page had loaded or while it's in the process.

double edit: yeah, i think i like this one more than firefox too =P

Roxor

Smash Rookie
hey i just downloaded chrome, AWSOMENESSSSSSS, i wasn't used to not having the top bar though (i'm still using windows XP)

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
you dont like FF? XD
what do you use?
i was looking at maybe DL'ing chrome, :s
I liked using Netscape, it was less like, 'dumbed-down' with the settings and stuff, and I kinda like it better with it being the original browser, but since Microsoft ****ed them up and AOL bought them they discontinued the Netscape browser a couple months ago...

But yeah, so I am using this thing called Minefield, it is the codename for the 64-bit version of Firefox, which is probably the only reason why I am using it, being 64-bit and all. Plus it isn't a actually called Firefox and it is still Mozilla based.

Just remember where Firefox came from, I would consider Netscape the father of modern-day web browsers...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I waste beauty, urinate originality and the result is a magnificent stepping stone with a touch of inspiration.

i watched Maddagascar 2 today. Watch it, its' funny.

idea

Smash Master
mitch hedberg is probably my favourite standup comedian. the bit about fire exits is genius...i never would have thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense.

D

Deleted member

man nate i played them they're pretty **** good now. i thought i did okay, but maybe the people i played will tell you how i did.

i said i wasnt rusty before - i wasnt, i was just brawlified. i play peach in both :p

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
Baha, whenever I point out your lulzy cockiness you make it seem like i think i'm better than u XP
Rofl, pplz need to chillax,
but sure an mm would be fun when you come back =D

idea

Smash Master
man nate i played them they're pretty **** good now. i thought i did okay, but maybe the people i played will tell you how i did.

i said i wasnt rusty before - i wasnt, i was just brawlified. i play peach in both :p
still have to play you...start coming to things again?

can sots jion =D
my link is still **** =(
he's lying...you'd think a link would be easy for puff, but no, it's really not

Top Bottom