• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Bing

Smash Master
By check bank statement I think he means after potential shenanigans.

On another note last night was the worst 12 hours of my life.. but I made it.. dont know how... but im 150$ richer :D

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
that's why you should:
-have more than one bank statement
-get a good income source
-don't be exposable to shinanegans

then money never becomes an issue.

when money isn't an issue, life is good. mostly

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
As soon as I get a second job and move out, I should be more resilient to shenanigans than I am right now.

Rikana

Smash Champion
You shouldn't be spending paycheque to paycheque. Don't you have anything big you wanna save up for that can potentially be good for long term?

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Im not worried about that yet, Im not going back to school for another year.

I also dont have to worry about a car so thats off the list. Besides, i want to travel, and see places and for some reason Arizona is on the list. Besides, other then this, Cali in September(with David? and anyone else who wants to come to an early September tournament near Hollywood) and Impulse, thats all ive got and going to do :S

Ministry

Smash Ace
i worked for 6 years. 12 hours a day 6 days a week

payed rent and saved up.

now i can go to europe for 2 years.

no jonhs just work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I work 3 days a week 3-5 hours a day.

I get paid barely more than minimum wage.

And I legitimately don't have any long term goal of wanting to save up money for anything, nor would I be able to save up money if I wanted to (well I suppose I could if I basically cut myself off from everything but work... but... yeah.).

So w/e.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
lolwork

everybody is in different circumstances, not everyone can do things exactly as others

and damn you windrose! just spent some good time watching Simpsons videos

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i dunno there's a long thought process for it but i don't hav etime to type it out lol

basically it ends along the lines of "...that way, if you have nothing to do now, but unexpectedly have some outrageous idea later, it's not that outrageous anymore" lol

i don't get your sig lol

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i dunno there's a long thought process for it but i don't hav etime to type it out lol

basically it ends along the lines of "...that way, if you have nothing to do now, but unexpectedly have some outrageous idea later, it's not that outrageous anymore" lol

i don't get your sig lol
adventure time, beast show

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora

Hi, everyone.

I was wondering what sort of Smash Bros. (Brawl) groups/clubs/societies exist and meet frequently in Toronto. A long time casual Smasher since the original, I very recently got back into Brawl after having not played for well over a year, and my intention is to not only become as good as I was when I stopped, but better by furthering my repertoire through incorporation of some of the more advanced techniques I previously ignored or was unaware of.

Besides being very rusty, the major roadblock for this small endeavor is that I have no one to play/practice with; fighting CPUs can only help so much. I moved to Toronto just last year with my girlfriend, away from my Smash Brothers back in Brampton, so I would love to join and play with a good group of Smashers within the city.

Again, the intention, first and foremost, is to find a good group of players with which to test my skills and improve with. I have no unrealistic aspirations of becoming a world-class porfessional Smasher or anything, although, depending on how things work out--how much time I can put in, how quickly I improve, etc.--I would love to be able to compete in the upcoming IMPULSE later this year.

Thanks.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Everyone in this thread pretty much plays melee. Brawl players post in another thread within Canada. Not sure which one. Good luck with brawl.

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think thats a pretty good set. only skimmed parts tho. They weren't even camping really, just playing the gay matchup

Top Bottom