• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Xelyst

-_-
Life excuses get in the way of tournaments :(

David / Ryan / Camilo, if I come to TO sometime, can I get a years worth of training in a few hours ?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
rule numero uno, ne-ver let no one kno, how much, dough you hold, cuz u kno, dis chedder breeeds jealousy

idea

Smash Master
possibly going falco or spacies next one, i'm getting bored of my character again lol

when i was playing camilo in friendlies with here (like 3 matches out of probably almost 100 today) she felt like a terrible character who couldn't do anything and was just constantly getting ***** by fox. then i would look at the stocks and they'd be even. i dunno what i'm getting at but =/

Ministry

Smash Ace
possibly going falco or spacies next one, i'm getting bored of my character again lol

when i was playing camilo in friendlies with here (like 3 matches out of probably almost 100 today) she felt like a terrible character who couldn't do anything and was just constantly getting ***** by fox. then i would look at the stocks and they'd be even. i dunno what i'm getting at but =/
pick a new main

idea

Smash Master
yeah i guess not...but it still felt like it :(

anyway jiggs is convenient because i can stop playing with her for a while and pick her back up fairly easily. the only difficulty is switching back to a jigglypuff mindset, but i'm already terrible at that anyway so it doesn't matter :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm doing that as well at the next monthly. Going to run a secondary character the entire tournament and see how it goes. That kind of **** really puts match-ups into perspective. Canada (aside from Ryan/Camilo) is full of a bunch of mono-mains.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Why would you have a falco-only tourney when you could have a falcon-only tourney?

*plays Falco and hasn't touched Falcon in ages*

I.B

Smash Lord
Yea Jack! My Falco embraced yours with so much more than just shine-dair dammit. SMH

Also:
(Many of you guys have probably already heard or done this one before)

You are trying to get to heaven/[insertUtopicPlace]. In front of you are 2 doors and 2 guards. 1 of the 2 doors leads you to heaven/utopia, the other to hell/distopia, but you don't know which door leads to which. The guards do though, but you're only allowed to ask ONE of them ONE question. One of the guards only lies, the other only tells the truth. Again, you don't know which one is which, and neither of the guards stands in front of a particular door ie. truth-teller in front of heaven/utopia door.

What question will give you 100% chance of getting the heaven/utopia door?

sauc3

Smash Lord
Yea Jack! My Falco embraced yours with so much more than just shine-dair dammit. SMH

Also:
(Many of you guys have probably already heard or done this one before)

You are trying to get to heaven/[insertUtopicPlace]. In front of you are 2 doors and 2 guards. 1 of the 2 doors leads you to heaven/utopia, the other to hell/distopia, but you don't know which door leads to which. The guards do though, but you're only allowed to ask ONE of them ONE question. One of the guards only lies, the other only tells the truth. Again, you don't know which one is which, and neither of the guards stands in front of a particular door ie. truth-teller in front of heaven/utopia door.

What question will give you 100% chance of getting the heaven/utopia door?
labyrinth too good

sauc3

Smash Lord
if anyone wants to go to the raptors game at the ACC this friday, tickets are 22bucks

myself, tristan, and geoff will be there. pre game and post game beers are also happening.

we were also hoping to stay in toronto for saturday, so if anyone wants to smash and house us, that would be awesome!

also, its my birthday =^_~=

PM me if you want to know which tickets to buy. also, snakes a lattes will be happening saturday.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Yeah that's how I feel about Puff/why I don't like her. You'll be getting ***** and outplayed in the sense that the other person is getting a lot more first hits, etc. But you'll be up 3-2 stocks from like 3 hits on them in total ;)

Apex videos were good, damn Armada is so good. Like PP vs. Armada, I was so impressed with Armada. I was like, wow he's SO good and his playing is SO tight. It felt like PP had no chance at all. I can appreciate the level of skill it takes to do that to someone as good as PP. Then I felt the same way watching Mango's Falco in crews and vs. David. Then I got the same feeling watching Mango's Fox in WF but he lost the set - it was weird. Armada is the better player though I guess, his gameplay was really solid even if it didn't seem that impressive?

Also Imadh I'll send you a response tonight

Top Bottom