• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Rikana

Smash Champion
Im at work right now. The latest you guys can stay until is 12am. I have one main tv. other CRT which I need to carry down but prefer not to. I have a gc and melee. So, if you guys can bring setups that would be good.

We will most likely be playing in the living room and theatre room.

Im located around brimley/steeles. Pm me or txt me if you're coming. Six four seven nine six seven ninety nine fifty five. There are lots of restaurants nearby within walking distance. A lot of Chinese food.
:phone:

Windrose. Come.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I will meet you guys at rihanna's house later tonight when I arrive at toronto. I can bring a full setup plus recording

idea

Smash Master
busy today. Sev's birthday

Also, date updated for A&C: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13169136#post13169136

watch him flop again.

Then again, he may want that free trip to APEX and is probably why he's coming.

Also, Kyle bernard wants you to host tmrw
i'm just waiting for him to flop again, but sadly, if he doesn't, it will be because it's for brawl :(

alsooo...yeah i guess i could host tomorrow. that would be convenient for working out controller stuff too. maybe bernard will actually come too, that'd be cool.

this time i'm gonna say no one come until 2:00 though. i don't really know why. i feel like might want to sleep in.

Bing

Smash Master
hmm... M2K vs. KirbyK Sheik Ditto's GET HYPE That would explain David's post earlier requesting Sheik Ditto's... I really hope someone can take him out... it would be nice for a Canadian to win a Canadian Tournament despite the attendance of M2K...

btw next A&C tourney is September 11th(forget the day though I just read it 3 seconds ago)... Ill probably be there to be honest... I really wanna attend a tourney, and I legit miss you guys...

weon - X

Smash Ace
i wanna see ryan or bernie vs m2k, i dunno who to go vs vwins, he has alot of marth experience, what do you think david and ryan?

unknown522

Some guy
i'm just waiting for him to flop again, but sadly, if he doesn't, it will be because it's for brawl :(

alsooo...yeah i guess i could host tomorrow. that would be convenient for working out controller stuff too. maybe bernard will actually come too, that'd be cool.

this time i'm gonna say no one come until 2:00 though. i don't really know why. i feel like might want to sleep in.
ok

hmm... M2K vs. KirbyK Sheik Ditto's GET HYPE That would explain David's post earlier requesting Sheik Ditto's... I really hope someone can take him out... it would be nice for a Canadian to win a Canadian Tournament despite the attendance of M2K...

btw next A&C tourney is September 11th(forget the day though I just read it 3 seconds ago)... Ill probably be there to be honest... I really wanna attend a tourney, and I legit miss you guys...
the 10th

i wanna see ryan or bernie vs m2k, i dunno who to go vs vwins, he has alot of marth experience, what do you think david and ryan?
IMO, you're fox is better, so you should use him.

I think marth would be much better for the matchup (and skill level difference, since you're probably gonna get d-smashed a lot), but you've put a lot more time into your fox, and I think you lack the experience/don't play gay enough in the matchup with marth.

TL;DR: I think you should use fox.

Also, I just finished watching scarface again while the internet was out.

weon - X

Smash Ace
yeah i agree ryan with about everything u just said, gotta beat the player not the character in this situation. if theres a smashfest soon i wanna go so i can practice my fox, i need more techskill.

unknown522

Some guy
no prob.

Also this new manga series called Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock Just came out.

When he got blasted by Freeza, he got sent to the past apparently.....and now Freeza's ancestor (or something) is named "Chilled"...wtf

weon - X

Smash Ace
david, to the PEACH-MOBILE !!!!!!!!!!

yo that dragon ball **** sounds so jokes xXDDDDD

mike im bad vs peach either way i dunno i gotta try something :(

idea

Smash Master
yeah i agree ryan with about everything u just said, gotta beat the player not the character in this situation. if theres a smashfest soon i wanna go so i can practice my fox, i need more techskill.
i agree with both of you, go fox. vincent is way more patient than you and he will win if it's a drawn-out fight, which it will be with marth. and yeah, your fox just seems more experienced.

but uh, if it's a bo5, and he wins two not-close games against your fox, maybe try marth at that point.

so guys who should i go vs. kage :awesome:

actually if anyone has stage advice that'd be helpful. lol

Rikana

Smash Champion
I will meet you guys at rihanna's house later tonight when I arrive at toronto. I can bring a full setup plus recording

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn. That's alright cause I love the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry. That's alright cause I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie.

Edit: so far it's peterx, Riddlebox, windrose, and possibly blur coming. Does anyone need ttc directions?

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah and, if anyone can bring a spare controller for me to use tomorrow, please do. i don't have a reliable one at all right now.

if anyone can also lend me a good spare controller for the montreal tourney, that'd be...i dunno. strong positive adjective. great.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
yo camillo you just gotta learn to approach him really smart

he takes lasers like a ***** so if you wanna just laser him to 80%, then think of a way to kill ;)

seriously tho, i lasered him to 90+% in both games lol. i just couldn't hit him cuz i suck :urg:

he's super patient, and doesn't strike/ban dl64. i don't recommend YS vs. him but that's just me

he doesn't SDI shines either, so waveshine -> usmash is like a guaruntee if you land it lol

unknown522

Some guy
^ What I hate sometimes, is that he complains about being camped by foxes, but barely approaches himself...

Also, Bernard is asking if you have a DVD burner kyle?

I.B

Smash Lord
no prob.

Also this new manga series called Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock Just came out.

When he got blasted by Freeza, he got sent to the past apparently.....and now Freeza's ancestor (or something) is named "Chilled"...wtf
It has been announced that Bardock will turn into a Super Saiyan in the final chapter of this manga.
^ Straight from Wiki...wtfff...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kyle I might come after work tomorrow. Might not. How late can people stay? I mean, including the next day. With Saturday off, I could feasibly come. But if people need to leave early Saturday then I probably won't just because I'll find another way to pass the time.

Camilo I think Fox is your better choice. I'll gladly help you practice for it. In exchange I need... Fox practice. And Falco practice. I'm really bad at those MUs right now with Sheik.

I think FD is good vs Ganon but I'm not sure how good it would be for Puff. I think Ganon loses to Puff in the air if you know how to work her mobility advantage + bair vs Ganon's stuff though so I can't see how a map that limits air game options would be bad... fewer ways to get tricked.

Top Bottom