• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

sauc3

Smash Lord
i shall be thar kyle, just booked the weekend off :),
anyone wanna house me before or after? kyle? david? i dun wanna just come up for the day...

on another, unrelated note, i just found out tristan is going to rom3, and since he's my staple partner, i dont think we can team kyle :(, sorry, i hate going back on promises, and i feel really bad.

idea

Smash Master
yeah yeah, there is housing in general at my place after the smashfest. there also isn't really a limit on how many people can stay, just like...less than 20. there's a lot of floor space.

and aw =( i guess i'll ask around. that's okay though.

does anyone know of any good players going to apex who need a teammate?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I might come for Melee on the 25th. Depends on what's coming up.

Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee. Melee.

eeleM.

unknown522

Some guy
josh, you could still show up really late on saturday, it's not like we're going to be sleeping at regular hours.

and, address: 58 bertha ave., scarborough.

to get there by ttc, get to victoria park station and take the 67 pharmacy bus north, and get off at Florens. my house is really close to there. (check google maps, but you basically turn right once then left once and you're there.)

i should also mention that it's melee-only, because there are only so many tvs and i can't spare any for brawl setups. also none of us like brawl anyway =P

edit: oh, and bring setups, everyone. we could use two more tvs and like five or six gamecubes + melee copies. something like that. and as always, a surplus is better than a deficit.
If I come, I'll head there whenever I wake up.

I may not come, depending on if we (bernard and I) do something for charles' birthday.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I think they might have finally got it right, not that they can be faulted for the vastly evolved metagame in the past couple of years. Only thing I would possibly change on that list (and it's not even really a significant change) is moving Sheik in with the top 4.

Wait what am I even doing in this thread?

Oh yeah, I'm switching to Doc or Sheik I think and wanted to stop by and ask what everyone thought of Doc's viability. I'm having more fun with Doc but obviously Sheik is waaaay better....

I don't like Falcon anymore :X

=(

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm growing bored of Sheik.

She's a monotone and bland character, switching to Fox most likely. Need to improve technically.

idea

Smash Master
low/bottom tier looks a little off to me, but i don't care about them anyway. i especially like ICs as top of mid tier, that just sounds really right.

Oh yeah, I'm switching to Doc or Sheik I think and wanted to stop by and ask what everyone thought of Doc's viability. I'm having more fun with Doc but obviously Sheik is waaaay better....
imo he's more viable than you'd think, but...well, you're not gonna beat bernard and ryan in tourney with him, but you can beat...people...he's not that viable at top level but like, no one can beat bernard and ryan and etc. anyway, you know? plus he's pretty fun. although he's vulnerable to camping vs. characters who are better at it.

i have mostly just general impressions of doc, so yeah. i would try marth too. and jiggs, lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Phantasy Star Online does not exist.

The series ended with PS4.

Except I secretly think Phantasy Star Zero is awesome.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
imo he's more viable than you'd think, but...well, you're not gonna beat bernard and ryan in tourney with him, but you can beat...people...he's not that viable at top level but like, no one can beat bernard and ryan and etc. anyway, you know? plus he's pretty fun. although he's vulnerable to camping vs. characters who are better at it.
Regardless of the difficulty or futility of it, I aim to be the best at what I do. While obviously I'm not beating Ryan, Bernard, David, Imadh (or the vast majority of players below them in the GTA even) anytime soon, that's not going to stop me from trying. While I don't play even close to top-level right now, I want to be prepared for the possibility that I might eventually, so I'm still a little torn on Doc.

I don't like Marth though and I used to main Jiggs when I was still adjusting to the game and don't really plan on returning to her. Before I started playing competitively or even knew about SWF though I had been playing Melee casually all the way from 2002-2007 with some friends and pretty much played exclusively Sheik. Even though the habits and ideas I had back then are obviously moot at this point, Sheik's movement and moveset still feel natural to me because I played her for so long, regardless of the level of play. Now that I know what I'm doing it might be time to return to her, but Doc is still more fun XD.

Thanks for the input =)

idea

Smash Master
well, if you plan to get really good at melee, then theoretically you can switch mains later on without toooo much trouble.

and...maybe you should play doc, and bring out sheik for more annoying matchups. like marth.

sauc3

Smash Lord
ZOMG posting on my wii...

is there gunna be a thread for the smashfest? i like browsing through gta's thread as much as the next guy, but a thread would make it easier for those of us not on computers ... wut? am i the only one?

since ive forgotten my point while typing this beast, just gunna finish by sayin cant wait to play you all again, hopefully all my lack of practice has paid off and i get my *** whooped. :)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
kyle, i'll probably be there, and i'll try to bring zen/guru (aka im going to convince them to drive hopefully)

cant wait to play/see everyone again xD

Ministry

Smash Ace
spent 2 days playing with imadh....

he *****

FD was our canvas and we painted a beautiful sheik ditto

idea

Smash Master
oh, i forgot to mention, that history of mario games thing was (apparently) only for the main mario games. there are actually hundreds of mario games.

Top Bottom