• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Could anyone tell me how to turn off stupid French keyboard shortcutsÉ You know what I mean :p

Edit: nvm nothing google said was fixing it, turns out I just had to close the tab and it'd work again.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
If it ever happens again usually simultaneously pushing ctrl+shift switches the language. It cycles between French, Bilingual, and English on most Canadian keyboards.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Yeah, I'm going to try and remember to download that when I get home ($10 says I'll forget).

Also, yeah. I always accidentally switch language settings with Ctrl+Shift.

idea

Smash Master
you can just turn off the shortcut that changes keyboard language...control panel > region and language > keyboards and languages > advanced key settings

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wait, Megaman vs SF?

That sounds simultaneously awesome (like, in terms of how much potential there is in the gameplay based on the characters and how you could build interaction) and incredibly ******** (this is more of a... "how the hell did these two get smushed together?" type reaction). Eh, whatever. Plot's pointless in fighters anyway as far as I care. I hope it's good. We could use more good games.

Oh, and Zero is probably gonna be good (I dunno about broken but I feel there's only so bad he can be made unless they basically decide he's going to be bad). I mean... how could they realistically make him bad? His character model in every game is being a fast sword character in an environment where the majority of the roster does their in-fighting with their actual appendages. Megaman and SF? If I were a betting man, I'd guess it'll probably adhere to 2D fighter conventions of restricted and slower-paced movement and emphasis on moveset quality & cohesion (Melee is way more movement oriented than traditional 2D fighters IMHO) because that's how SF does it (I'd also bet there will be a bit more movement though since air dashing and crap is a big part of Megaman so there will be some concessions). Anyway, whenever a game emphasizes moveset, sword is extra awesome because it's a big influence on moveset since it gives it that range & disjointedness. Normally this is supposed to be offset by being slow and if the game winds up being too fast for them to keep up then GG, but Zero (from what little I've watched of him specifically) never looks like Ganon.

And honestly I'm glad he doesn't look like Ganon. Zero should be good. He's freaking Zero.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't know TVC2 at all. Is mid tier like our mid tier where they're like... bad but maybe playable kind of sort of ultimate grey area combo? Or is it more like SF3's mid tier where Q can beat Justin Wong's Chun with taunt?

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Looking for some gaming this Friday evening (after 5). Just throwing that out there now.

Will post again later in the week when this post gets buried.

weon - X

Smash Ace
for me the idea doesn't seem too far fetched. They're from the same company, making each one of their fighting game chars a boss.

unknown522

Some guy
I don't know TVC2 at all. Is mid tier like our mid tier where they're like... bad but maybe playable kind of sort of ultimate grey area combo? Or is it more like SF3's mid tier where Q can beat Justin Wong's Chun with taunt?
not sure. Being the best with 1 of your 2 being a mid tier sounds really good

:phone:

orvs

Smash Cadet
AYE Toronto!
are there any monthlies or anything happening in the next few weeks? I want to enter the scene and face some of you guys! (melee ofc)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yo camilo. When I'm free again, you gotta come over to play some smash. Got some really sick stuff to show you for P:M.

----

I've been smash deprived lately but I have no choice. :( I've been so busy.

unknown522

Some guy
Holy ****. Naruto spoiler

neji died I think

@ jack: he is rated as the best character in UMvC3. That buster man....so gay.

Well there are lots of other problems too. But what turns off top players about him is that he is really fragile. Most of the the top players don't even use him.

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol, zero loops, ambiguous mixups/cross ups, conversion from anywhere on the screen?

NO BIG DEAL

edit: OH YAY manga out early this week

only to be on break for the next few weeks for holidays probably :urg:

Top Bottom