• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah I recently took a good proper look at Ike and omgwtf.

That's what they get for taking his side-B from Brawl-.

idea

Smash Master
lol nice

i mean i'm not gonna watch past the first match but i still appreciate its existence.

and annotated commentary is a great idea i'm surprised no one else has thought of yet

Engo

Smash Ace
Aww, I thought it was gonna be one of his lets plays with KK as a co-commentator.

edit: That part at 2:30 where the annotation says what dylan's doing wrong actually got me thinking about how this could be an interesting way to critique matches.

edit #2: Are people getting to A&C at 3? I'm thinking about possibly going and if I do wanna get there super early to try and get free entry lol.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be at work until ~4:15 so I'll be there about 4:30.

Does the first one there get free entrance or something?

as opposed to the $2 you can spend on a can of soup?

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Yo anyone getting into Persona? It looks pretty good so far - I'm considering the purchase. The rest of the FGC seems to be getting behind it and I think we'd transition pretty well.
I have it for PS3. Still working on muscle memory, but yes, it's good. Maining Chie to get used to rushdown. Have you been playing online?

:phone:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Your movement has gotten a lot better but ....Jethro I swear, with god as my witness I will get you to stop edge-guarding spacies like that ._.;.

Honestly, just flub some edgeguards trying other methods...even waiting to react to what they do. I understand that if they FF to the ledge it's nearly impossible to get on reaction...but you try and cover the same thing every time ._. and only get it when it's their only option (sometimes they even luckily get through you before the hitbox connects and live anyway!)

The W doesn't matter, finding some gold elsewhere will.

Also, you like to b-air a lot (in float) try some FH/SH Fast fall b-air's to cover the zone's you're looking to cover instead...it gets it done and gives you more momentum to move around in a less predictable manner when a fox is looming around for a way in. Floating them works but I don't really think it does much but cover one area the way you're doing them...then you land and he's already there saying hello with upsmash.

The one floated b-air you could practice is out of shield tho...for those times he crosses your shield up and you two are back to back while he is in lag...(like during a dash attack); float b-air out of shield to down smash at low % to punish that works pretty well.

Practice more FC aerial to single jab...you can catch a lot of shield movement with that and if they don't leave shield, you have a frame trap situation (idk if it really is) but I get a lot of grab opportunities cause people think I am going to jab again. Hell even at low% if you land the aerial the jab sucks them back in if you do it fast enough. Ask David how to practice that stuff on Bowser with all the handicap ****, try and do it across the stage before he jabs you and kills you.

Lol the single hit u-air sucks huh.

Yoooooo if you get a dash attack at the edge of the stage SOFT BAIR THAT **** o-o...(just n-air him out or you'll suicide doing the combo lolz) up-air in that situation at that % is bad if you hadn't noticed from watching.

Only like 13 minutes in --gonna play some Leauge so I'll be back.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah also, everyone, please don't come if you're sick and coughing all the time and stuff. i don't want to get sick immediately after a smashfest like last time :/

idea

Smash Master
lol really? maybe we both got it from someone else. (wasn't singling you out anyway, i think multiple people here were sick last time/afterward)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
can anyone around Vaughan area or passing through for the tourney tomorrow give me a lift?

will pay for gas obv

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Guess I'm not showing up tomorrow, I bruised my left hand at the joint between my thumb and index finger, it even hurts to type this on mobile lol

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
actually i played smash 64 today and it didnt hurt irl. ill prob show up for a few hours :)

Top Bottom