• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
That moment when you see the sun mask fall into the hole and Kafei is overcome with dread...that really hits me hard. BECAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT OUTSIDE THE LAUNDRY-POOL FOR ANOTHER HALF HOUR FOR IT TO UNLOCK! And before you say I can just warp to the last day...damn I forgot about that.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
I might want to go to Big House, but I'd need to make sure I actually get my G license (test is at end of month).

...Also, that's Thanksgiving, isn't it.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
wher'es this naruto stuff coming from i'm missing out

edit: oh wth manga today? i thought it wasn't til the 20th ;D

pleasant surprise is pleasant

edit^2: maaaan why can't bleach be as good as naruto X_X

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm thinking of dropping Ganon and using Mewtwo only

Please talk me out of it
I'm against dual maining (or more) for the most part. You'll probably do better if you focus on either character really intensively and actually gain a solid degree of competence with one of them. Neither of them are really pick up & play characters at your level.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I'm against dual maining (or more) for the most part. You'll probably do better if you focus on either character really intensively and actually gain a solid degree of competence with one of them. Neither of them are really pick up & play characters at your level.
Completely my excuse for literally barely able to play anyone except sheik

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
How is Ganon not pick up and play, at a low level all you need to do is Fair, Dair and Uair. :p

What would you consider "pick up and play" characters?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How is Ganon not pick up and play, at a low level all you need to do is Fair, Dair and Uair. :p
Can you do any of those properly?

Also you missed a bunch of his best moves GG!

Also, if you can play anyone for HOURS with MEWTWO and can't play people with Ganon without wanting to play MEWTWO then I think you know who you need to main

:jigglypuff:

idea

Smash Master
okay. code geass it is.

also i'm planning to host on thursday or friday leading into the tournament.

I can play against anybody for hours with Mewtwo

Ganon not so much, I'd probably switch back to Mewtwo after 2-3 matches
oh. well if you like playing him that much despite his glaring weaknesses, go right ahead. i'd be too annoyed by seeing various mistakes the other character makes and having to settle for punishing them with...with mewtwo.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
oh. well if you like playing him that much despite his glaring weaknesses, go right ahead. i'd be too annoyed by seeing various mistakes the other character makes and having to settle for punishing them with...with mewtwo.
Mewtwo can punish pretty well with Grab -> Uthrow -> Aerial at low percents, Grab -> Dthrow -> Tech chase at mid percents, Grab -> Uthrow kill/Back Throw Edgeguard at high percents.

Also Nair

Or, a personal favourite of mine (if I can pull it off) is Confusion -> Shadow Ball

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Mewtwo can punish pretty well with Grab -> Uthrow -> Aerial at low percents, Grab -> Dthrow -> Tech chase at mid percents, Grab -> Uthrow kill/Back Throw Edgeguard at high percents.

Also Nair

Or, a personal favourite of mine (if I can pull it off) is Confusion -> Shadow Ball
Play who you want. Melee however, has glaring tiers. Respect those tiers, and understand that if you haven't won a single game, Mewtwo isn't going to help matters. If you break through several plateaus to overcome such glaring disadvantages, only then will you be remotely successful.

But that takes work. A lot of it, because better characters will continuously be giving you an uphill battle- you must work two times as hard. But, if you love Mewtwo, go right ahead.

Top Bottom