• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

sauc3

Smash Lord
I'm a noob and not 100% what zoning is, but I believe it's controlling space and keeping pressure?
just because there is a peach in front of you with 60% of the stage behind her doesn't mean you are limited to only vertical space.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Mind elaborating a bit or telling me when in the video (I'm assuming alot) this happened? This is something I think I've noticed my self and hearing it from someone else reinforces it.

I'm a noob and not 100% what zoning is, but I believe it's controlling space and keeping pressure?
Here Juan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBUe7HkRkNM

It explains a lot of zoning and spacing. It's about Street Fighter, but both of those concepts are key in just about every fighting game. Just change all the attacks he says to "nair." :p

When he starts talking about the corner of the screen, just apply that to your ledge game.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Here Juan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBUe7HkRkNM

It explains a lot of zoning and spacing. It's about Street Fighter, but both of those concepts are key in just about every fighting game. Just change all the attacks he says to "nair." :p

When he starts talking about the corner of the screen, just apply that to your ledge game.
They're not limited to fighting games, either. Proper zoning and spacing can mean the difference between cutting off Bowser's bridge or jumping into a hammer.

idea

Smash Master
With poor spacing Ridley will **** you. Unless you have lots of energy tanks, then it doesn't really matter. Actually spacing and movement are more important vs. Nightmare in Fusion.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
omg don't talk about nightmare

i tried the 1% run and nightmare. is. absolutely. frustrating.

also, how'd the rest of axe's tourney go? i fell asleep after m2k 3-1'd him cuz i was so tired from studying and ****ed up sleep pattern.

idea

Smash Master
uhh m2k beat s2j in grand finals, wobbles got 3rd, i think it was m2k, s2j, wobbles, axe, light/possibly gg7 (light eliminated westballz who got 7th)

then after grand finals s2j totally called out arizona on stream for the poor tourney organization and stuff...it was awesome :D

idea

Smash Master
hahaha why is david banned? i was gonna pm him but...can you even read those when you're banned?

wow i really do spam this thread a lot

idea

Smash Master
normally i would text but i still haven't changed my phone plan over yet, i was waiting till school was done basically (which it is now :D)

meh i'll just use facebook, i'm about to leave the house

unknown522

Some guy
I almost always make the plans or some reason

Anyways, Megabus tickets are only being sold up to may 16th so far. Whenever the tickets come out for june, I'm gonna buy one on the spot

:phone:

sauc3

Smash Lord
eyo, i was gunna come into toronto on sunday with a friend for the pokemon tourney, but if there are things going on sat we may come earlier,

so, what's everyone doing this weekend

Top Bottom