• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
alright, i haven't been keeping up with stuff, can someone tell me the simplest way to get homebrew on a wii?

i don't need a guide, i just need names of stuff to search, i've done it myself the hard way so i'm sure i'll be fine with these newfangled brawl-based ones or whatever.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Smash over weekenddddddddd. Anyone? I wanna play Settlers of Catan with you guys too lol

idea

Smash Master
if infinite marijuana is possible then that means other things can be infinite too and and it will already have been eaten by infinite bacteria.

or maybe your room is infinitely big and it's on the other side? then you can never get to it. even if your arms are infinitely long.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
if infinite marijuana is possible then that means other things can be infinite too and and it will already have been eaten by infinite bacteria.

or maybe your room is infinitely big and it's on the other side? then you can never get to it. even if your arms are infinitely long.
I think we're the only two people I know who over analyze unimportant situations and details. For that reason alone, I love you.

Infinite teleportation. Science and logic just went out the window.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Joke went > your head.

I'm really baked, Izek or Reis, if you want to reach for smash tomorrow, just MSN me. Down to run Melee.

Izek

Smash Cadet
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Think im gonna be sick

Engo

Smash Ace
I think we're the only two people I know who over analyze unimportant situations and details. For that reason alone, I love you.

Infinite teleportation. Science and logic just went out the window.
You'd be surprised,lol.

Anyway me and my friend recorded a set a couple weeks ago and I haven't had any luck getting critique on the fox boards(too much actual discussion going on my posts get burried) would you guys mind critiquing it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPxSp6XdTd8

idea

Smash Master
yeah what he said ^

also you need to follow up better. like you'll dair, shine, then stand in place, instead of chasing after where you shined him and doing more stuff. in general you could do a better job of both noticing when peach is vulnerable and punishing her optimally for it.

also sometimes you're just being too mechanical, like you'll dair, completely miss, and shine anyway when he's nowhere near you :p

also some of that extended shield pressure could be simplified into shine grab, or just grab.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
dam nick i wish you'd critique my stuff more. i'd get way better that way

edit: i saw that vid when i was lurking the fox boards actually. the main note is that you whiff too many moves and you make funny decisions sometimes like sh uair when they were at % to crouch it

you get pretty lucky with shield pokes too and don't optimize on certain opportunities like when they're getting up and stuff

kept it sorta vague/in general cuz there were a lot of times i'm talking about and i don' thave time to give you time stamps

a good thing is tho it doesn't seem like you're an autopilot fox since you don't just spam shine. you mix thinigs up too which is good. but on elaboration of kurtis' zone comment you put yourself in really undesirable positions

Engo

Smash Ace
but on elaboration of kurtis' zone comment you put yourself in really undesirable positions
Mind elaborating a bit or telling me when in the video (I'm assuming alot) this happened? This is something I think I've noticed my self and hearing it from someone else reinforces it.

I'm a noob and not 100% what zoning is, but I believe it's controlling space and keeping pressure?

idea

Smash Master
like sometimes you're dashdancing, and you go back to far, and now your back is to the ledge and peach can pressure you easily. stuff like that. she should have to work to get that to happen :p

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Zoning is when you hit one too many shots of vodka and just get a blank stare in your eyes. The lights are on but nobodys home.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Mind elaborating a bit or telling me when in the video (I'm assuming alot) this happened? This is something I think I've noticed my self and hearing it from someone else reinforces it.

I'm a noob and not 100% what zoning is, but I believe it's controlling space and keeping pressure?
like sometimes you're dashdancing, and you go back to far, and now your back is to the ledge and peach can pressure you easily. stuff like that. she should have to work to get that to happen :p
pretty much what idea said

it's moreso controlling space. on stages like FoD you had him in a good spot then you'd like roll or something into a bad spot

on dl64 you'd have control then give it up by outspacing peach. you gotta stay in their face sometimes. careless retreating gives them unnecessary momentum and control

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Whoa. Weird. It looks like it only works for that position, though, right? You're vulnerable for a bunch of frames after airdodge while the character returns to their normal falling animation. Looks like his foot or leg or something was sticking through the platform.

Top Bottom