• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
Also, I saw a guy working at the gas station a&w drop a bun on the floor and re used it. 5 second rule all day at the eh and double u. I didn't want to break your heart ryan, but I just thought you should know.
lol aw

well i bet the licks nearby would never do that <_<

or five guys maybe, since it's so open

hahah...the gay guy is the one most like me <_<

Windrose

Smash Lord
woah, ur only listing the benefits of living off campus. rez has its benefits too.

such as hot women being EVERYWHERE. and most rez's have cool **** like ping pong tables, pool tables and stuff to play. Cafeterias that have food whenever u want and u dont have to make it yourself. Rez is in no way short on parties.

man rez is definitely worth going to atleast for the first year of uni.
Probably just a once in a life time experience thing. I can't go back on res now. too many first year kids. I figured out how to get into DC++ off campus.

Done Lol, This will actually be a good test to see how much I have improved, last time we played, you 4 stocked then 3 stocked me. XD

By I lived SO CLOSE to rez, that like, that ``hot girls`` factor was irrelevant, I was like, a block away. Yes, you do have me with the ping pong tables and ****. But Like, cafeteria rez food? Nah man, I can save money, by not being lazy, or if I am feeling, lazy I can walk to one of the 600 fast food joints surrounding the school. XD Like, when I lived in Etobicoke, and I was going to Humber, I lived a set of lights away from the school, and right across the street there was a macs, pita pit, burger place. I Also had access to any of the rez food, depending on if I wanted to walk there.

Btw two more thing that makes not living on rez the best. The satisfaction of knowing you can go to school, and keep your OWN place. And that you save money by having your own place. Thats right, for an entire year of school, it cost less then 6000$ plus food, lets really go up here and say 7000 a year(of school). For Rez, its 10k.
don't worry about the cash$!

top 5 pays out usually

I.B

Smash Lord
I don't know why they didn't/wouldn't just advance Melee. Well I know why... but I think logically that it's ****ing Super Smash Brothers, all the people are gonna buy the game no matter what. Given that alot of casuals don't even like Brawl based on how far down the scale of "for casuals" they designed the game to be, then less people would be inclined to buy the next one - at least immediately - based on how ****ty Brawl was (this is what I call the Final Fantasy 12 effect lol).
This.

I don't think Brawl grossly outsold Melee cuz Sakurai promised it'd be less advanced/more casual-friendly or w/e.

It's probably because there hadn't been an installment in the Smash Bros. series in the past 7~ years and fans were craving. It's like crack. Not to mention Sonic (+ others) being confirmed as playable.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I grabbed Brawl because of the hype train too, I suppose.

Sakurai even admitted Brawl was deliberately watered down though. Hmm.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
lol aw

well i bet the licks nearby would never do that <_<

or five guys maybe, since it's so open
Aw yeah, Five Guys is awesome >_> no homo

This.

I don't think Brawl grossly outsold Melee cuz Sakurai promised it'd be less advanced/more casual-friendly or w/e.

It's probably because there hadn't been an installment in the Smash Bros. series in the past 7~ years and fans were craving. It's like crack. Not to mention Sonic (+ others) being confirmed as playable.
It's so dumb how many games are catered to the casuals. What a casual level of difficulty vs. what it used to be is so ****ing horrible now too. Ultimately everyone will buy the game, casual players will quit no matter what happens because they're casual players, they get bored and move on, but if it's a well designed game with at least some competitive depth people will keep playing it even if it's not constantly updated/balanced.

Would be so easy to make games in that category, it's honestly just small changes (especially with Brawl where they threw out all the Melee data instead of just adding to it/tweaking it... which definitely sounds like a lot more work). The fact is most companies go out of their way to cater to the casual that can't hit two buttons and move together because they always have to look at their controller. They want to appeal to the biggest group of people they possibly can knowing the people who want a real/good game will buy it anyways in hopes for a real game (at least initially in a chain, etc). I just don't think they have to and the ****ing keyboard turning, can't break 60-actions-per-minute, ******* will buy the games anyways.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah having to remake the entire game sounds like a lot more work than just fiddling with the pre-existing one.

Removing all the stuff found in the E3 demo version also sounds like a lot of work.

Oh well. It's a good thing Brawl turned out to be such a great game and all that effort was worth it, right? =D

unknown522

Some guy
Aw yeah, Five Guys is awesome >_> no homo

It's so dumb how many games are catered to the casuals. What a casual level of difficulty vs. what it used to be is so ****ing horrible now too. Ultimately everyone will buy the game, casual players will quit no matter what happens because they're casual players, they get bored and move on, but if it's a well designed game with at least some competitive depth people will keep playing it even if it's not constantly updated/balanced.

Would be so easy to make games in that category, it's honestly just small changes (especially with Brawl where they threw out all the Melee data instead of just adding to it/tweaking it... which definitely sounds like a lot more work). The fact is most companies go out of their way to cater to the casual that can't hit two buttons and move together because they always have to look at their controller. They want to appeal to the biggest group of people they possibly can knowing the people who want a real/good game will buy it anyways in hopes for a real game (at least initially in a chain, etc). I just don't think they have to and the ****ing keyboard turning, can't break 60-actions-per-minute, ******* will buy the games anyways.
pretty much, yeah

idea

Smash Master
hey, anyone who has steam, and a halfway decent computer: Bastion is really cool. it just came out today but there's also a free demo on steam. amazingly it runs on my computer even with my laptop's integrated graphics card.

plus there's a narrator who responds to everything you do.

Ministry

Smash Ace
hey, anyone who has steam, and a halfway decent computer: Bastion is really cool. it just came out today but there's also a free demo on steam. amazingly it runs on my computer even with my laptop's integrated graphics card.

plus there's a narrator who responds to everything you do.
yeah i saw the updates on steam before it came out.

looks good but i cant stand the guys voice, so i probably wont get it.

idea

Smash Master

Ministry

Smash Ace
found out bernard dropped out... :(

any spots open for montreal still for cars?

willing to stop in ottawa on the way to pick me up?

asl
23/male/ottawa

will pay gas money/read books to you/ commentate on your driving/ teach u to play poker.

Top Bottom