• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Honestly I'm not too big on metallic controllers. I prefer the purples and oranges. But they don't make them anymore :/.

Purples tend to have the best shoulder buttons in my experience.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Kurtis and I are going to order some new silver (platinum) official game cube controllers from nintendo.com

Does anyone else want to join us? Shipping might be cheaper (might not i don't know...haven't checked)

I'll be the one placing the orders, it'll be delivered to my toronto home.

EDIT: I'll be buying it from here: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

EDIT#2: Shipping is $7.00

EDIT#3: Forgot about HST....damn this continent. taxes everywhere. Tax is 13% after shipping. So the GRAND total per person will be [(29.95n+7)x1.13]/n Where n is the number of controllers ordered. ie if n=2 total per person = [(29.95x2+7)x1.13]/2 = $37.80 per person (rounding to two decimal places for monetary values)

Damn....that kinda sucks, I don't think anybody will probably wanna go in for that after all that tax and shipping
Platinum? Do they come in any other colours? I'm interested, nonetheless.

And to people who question why we need to order from online: there are none left in good condition. Fact.

I've also gotten 4 hours of sleep in the last two days- pulling another all nighter tonight too. I hate class presentations with a fiery, burning passion of a thousand suns infected with a grotesque display of herpes, but I aced them at least. Yay.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
kyle with a discount i got mine for like 25$ gift card with lots of change left over lol. i don't actually remember.

microplay had tons. lots were half decent but i just picked a platinum.

fun fact: platinum controllers iirc are slightly bigger than the coloured ones.

it's all preference of course

idea

Smash Master
lol, watching a stream of sony press conference at E3...i was hoping they'd spend more time talking about the hacking and stuff. looks like they have some nice movies lined up. i'm also a fan of waving a glowing penis around.

Crooked Crow

Call me Yhii. Not aAndy.

And sure, when do you need the payment? Or do I pay you afterwords?

Windrose

Smash Lord
Call me Yhii. Not aAndy.

And sure, when do you need the payment? Or do I pay you afterwords?
Yeah, pay me when you see me. If you don't pay me, I keep your controller :)

Okay, I'm ordering 3 platinum(silver controllers).

EDIT: okay, it's done.

I made a little excel sheet that calculated how much each controller costs depending on how many controllers are ordered.

Values are calculated given a price of $29.95 CDN per controller.
Shipping is a fixed cost of $7.00
HST is 13% after shipping
We saved....41.75-36.48 = $5.27 by ordering together.

Sanu

Smash Champion
two smash bros games announced; one for 3ds, one for wiiu, no trailers

wiiu looks super gimmicky

idea

Smash Master
lol, it's funny looking back on it, i bought a wii entirely for brawl.

good thing it has other uses for me now.

i hear ff 13-2 is gonna be less linear...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm not even talking about competitive gaming necessarily. I mean hardcore gaming in general.

Microsoft and all its Kinect bull****, nintendo continuing on its path of fail, and i havent seen the Sony conference but my hopes aren't high.

Gaming died in 2006.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hardcore gaming is still strong in relatively older games.
New mainstream games also want to appeal to casual gamers because they are the main market.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
lol A Store thats local around here, Entertainment Overload has cube controllers for 15$. There the same controllers, just no logo. Ive got an Orange one, RARELY used(still needs to be worked in). If someone wants it, ill sell it for 10$

Kurtis theres one in Hamilton as well, all the used controllers ive got from there have been good(2)

idea

Smash Master
i partly disagree with windrose, i was reading an interview with sakurai where he basically said that melee was more 'competitive' on purpose. i mean obviously they didn't know about wavedashing, but they DID know about l-canceling...i'd give the development team at least partial credit for what it is today. sakurai also said that he makes games that he himself wouldn't necessarily play.

i really wish every touch-whatever and motion-whatever game would give you the option to use plain old buttons. i like buttons. everyone likes buttons. you apply pressure, it pushes down, a thing happens on screen, it's nice. just let me do that when i want to =(

anyone wanna summarize the nintendo conference for me?

edit:
There the same controllers, just no logo.
those aren't the same controllers.

Crooked Crow

They did know about wavedashing.

I was excited, but the more I look at it... there's no way a smash targeted at a competitive community will be released. Not in this day and age.

And the controller looks ridiculous. You can barely hold it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Idea, do you really honestly believe they didn't know about wavedashing? At some point during playtesting SOMEBODY had to have air dodged into the ground and thought "hmm, I slid a bit, I wonder what would happen if I did that right away".

idea

Smash Master
got a jigglypuff plushie for $17 at pacific mall today =)

also won a hello kitty colouring book + stickers at the arcade. i have the high score on one of the "ice ball" machines until it resets.

Idea, do you really honestly believe they didn't know about wavedashing? At some point during playtesting SOMEBODY had to have air dodged into the ground and thought "hmm, I slid a bit, I wonder what would happen if I did that right away".
alright, let me rephrase that: they didn't know about the applications of wavedashing.

similar case with l-canceling, they put it in but probably didn't realize how much it does for combos.

Ministry

Smash Ace
ok so i have strep throat.

like i had heart surgery, fractured wrist, broken collarbone, rusty nail through foot, sliced my finger tip off, and its like nothing compared to this ****.like swallowing knives all the time. can barely hear and massive migraine.

woke up today went and waited in walk in clinic for 4 hours for penicillin prescription. while listening to some ******* talk about his court case the whole time on his phone.

try to get home and this ***** at a book store wont even break change for me for bus fare.

get home, walk to work, it starts hailing, raining, thundering and lightning. i get totally soaked. my phone is broken now.

there are no chef jackets at work when i get there so i have to work in soaking clothing on line. drenched socks and shoes also.

on way home i get hassled for 30 minutes by some random drunk guy who wont leave me alone.

i think i did well.

Crooked Crow

^

That's horrendous. I've had heart surgery too, by the way. Most uncomfortable experience I've ever sat through, they kept me awake the entire time.

idea

Smash Master
ok so i have strep throat.

like i had heart surgery, fractured wrist, broken collarbone, rusty nail through foot, sliced my finger tip off, and its like nothing compared to this ****.like swallowing knives all the time. can barely hear and massive migraine.

woke up today went and waited in walk in clinic for 4 hours for penicillin prescription. while listening to some ******* talk about his court case the whole time on his phone.

try to get home and this ***** at a book store wont even break change for me for bus fare.

get home, walk to work, it starts hailing, raining, thundering and lightning. i get totally soaked. my phone is broken now.

there are no chef jackets at work when i get there so i have to work in soaking clothing on line. drenched socks and shoes also.

on way home i get hassled for 30 minutes by some random drunk guy who wont leave me alone.

i think i did well.
wow, what an incredibly bad day. you have my sympathies =/

at the very least i hope the penicillin comes with that banana flavour.

^

That's horrendous. I've had heart surgery too, by the way. Most uncomfortable experience I've ever sat through, they kept me awake the entire time.
um...what?

Crooked Crow

They had to intentionally give me a heart attack, so they could find the extra "pathways" that caused my heart to short circuit.

The condition I had was called supraventricular tachycardia. But it's gone for the most part now.

Basically, the heart has no nerve receptors, but I could still feel them sticking metal rods into my veins. And I was cold, and naked. Not fun.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Well they probably needed him to report on certain sensations and stuff.
I don't actually know, this is just conjecture. I know for brain surgeries, the patient is usually kept alive for that reason, and also because once you breach the skull and they are actually operating on the brain, there is no pain because there are no pain receptors in the brain.

edit: lol im so pro^

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah pretty much Yhii. They're kicking me out.

But I have a plan. Currently I'm looking into apartments in Hamilton as part of that plan.

Top Bottom