• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
yo kyle, I need to borrow your controller. mine is officially done.
lol, okay. next time you're over here i'll lend you one.

i also have a silver one that kind of got left here last time people were over. no one ever claimed it or even posted saying 'i lost my controller' so...if you like that one most i can lend it to you instead of one of mine.

but the black one with the red elastic is probably your best bet anyway.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if the reason you wont go to pound is cause you dont wanna get destroyed, then you'll never get better at this game.

thats assuming thats what one of your overall goals is for playing it.

Bing

Smash Master
I dont want to get destroyed, but I DO want to get into the smash scene and improve, but its hard to improve if you get ***** in pools :S Hense why Im trying to meet good locals (KK, Unknown) to get my game to my full potential

weon - X

Smash Ace
not sure how long it would take u to get to kk's house or ryans, more than an hour i'd say

i'd help u out but i live 3 lightyears away from you

edit: the info jpobs gave made me **** my pants

Bing

Smash Master
I just looked it up.

Because im busing... an hour and 20 minutes or so

YAY... and I dont have an ipod...

so Im probably just gunna sit there and try and keep working in my broken Z button XD

weon - X

Smash Ace
it takes me an hour 45 mins to get to kk's house, hes the closest one to me, i haven't gone recently but if u wanna get better ur gonna have to, you will learn allot

Bing

Smash Master
no no of course man, its an hour+ bus ride, but I aint backin out, im pumped to go. I havent got to play anyone good in so long... I just sit at home and 4 stock level 9's all day... or try to play 2 v. 1's...

sauc3

Smash Lord
i finally have tech skill with fox, now that i have a copy of melee, waveshine/thunders OoS all dai!

also, i can kinda bair OoS, its so hard tho...

sauc3

Smash Lord
Im still working on my waveshine, i dont think im even close though... I dont feel its THAT important though...
all srs fox's should be able to shine->moveset, I'm just trying to decide whether to bother perfecting it out of shield.

Ministry

Smash Ace
it takes me an hour 45 mins to get to kk's house, hes the closest one to me, i haven't gone recently but if u wanna get better ur gonna have to, you will learn allot
takes me 3 hours to get to anywhere and smash with anyone, ryan/david

waterloo

and as much as i learn, i dont even do that well

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
ryan thought i'd let you know your game 3 broke my heart :( </3

also kurtis when you mean shine OOS do you mean like, jump OOS, and shine so fast you're still on the ground, THEN WD into a thunders? if so that's ****ing hard

if you mean like, WAVEshiine OOS --> shine -> WD -> jab (thunders) then that's more realistic lol

was bair OOS sarcastic? LOL

sauc3

Smash Lord
ryan thought i'd let you know your game 3 broke my heart :( </3

also kurtis when you mean shine OOS do you mean like, jump OOS, and shine so fast you're still on the ground, THEN WD into a thunders? if so that's ****ing hard

if you mean like, WAVEshiine OOS --> shine -> WD -> jab (thunders) then that's more realistic lol

was bair OOS sarcastic? LOL
not sure about your wording on the second one, but yeah, i mean shine OoS so fast you still on the ground, then wd out to stuff. I've found 2 ways of doing it.

method A: hold controller like claw, pointer on y, thumb on b, then jump->shine that way.
method B: while in shield, flick cstick up, then slide your thumb to B really fast and shine.

i can link it to almost everything you could normally, except thunders, but i can tech chase intead, which is pretty decent.

and no, i could never bair OoS lol, since i jump with flick. but i figured out how.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
LOL ohhhh riiiight i recall talking about that lol

and yeah my doublejointed ness allows for: right middle finger on R, thumb X, and slide thumb to B really fast like how i dshl

i have to consciously think about it tho lol, and even then i don't always get it

on a random note, i was playing 1P glitch mode on brinstar cuz i never play there lol, as fox, and i didn't realise that when getting hit upward from lava, you can actually tech the gap while the "stuff" is still thre lol

ftr: i took a game off chu in pools going fox on brinstar... crazy spacie mains :awesome:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lvl 4 is the best imo cuz they DI like hell. falco combing a lvl 4 is crazy, they go everywhere lol
I can shine, wavedash, to another move(up smash?)

but I cant shine,wave,walk,shine,wave,walk and repeat. from one side to another...
continuous waveshining is super useful for lots of stuff.

In fact, most ATs are really useful. Theres really no reason to NOT know anything. Its not as if some skills replace others, so learning new ATs force you to forget old ones, what is this...pokemon?

I personally recommend how to do absolutely everything, because theres just no downside.

idea

Smash Master
i can think of one downside actually, but it's not a necessary one, just a practical one. some ATs are more useful than others. it might be that some are so much more useful, that practicing the least useful ones, instead of devoting more practice to the most useful ones, ends up being inoptimal.

also, if we knew more about how the human brain works, we might be able to say things like 'learning new techs alters your instincts'...and 'now you're going to try to shine bair out of combos instead of your main instinct being to just DI away'

idea

Smash Master
http://www.1up.com/news/masahiro-sakurai-reflects-super-smash

from the BC thread...well, they posted something quoting this, but this was the source. apparently sakurai intended for melee to be more "hardcore." i mean i knew he made brawl easier on purpose, but i always figured that melee's depth was more or less a happy accident.

"However, he has one particularly deep regret: the game's accessibility level. "I had created Smash Bros. to be my response to how hardcore-exclusive the fighting game genre had become over the years," Sakurai said. "But why did I target it so squarely toward people well-versed in videogames, then? That's why I tried to aim for more of a happy medium with Brawl's play balance. There are three Smash Bros. games out now, but even if I ever had a chance at another one, I doubt we'll ever see one that's as geared toward hardcore gamers as Melee was. Melee fans who played deep into the game without any problems might have trouble understanding this, but Melee was just too difficult." "

it's cool, he's kind of talking about us ^_^

idea

Smash Master
i'll probably host sometime over the break. but by that i mean after christmas, cause i have exams till the 23rd. so sometime between the 27th and early january i guess.

Bing

Smash Master
no no, im not saying im just not going to try and learn, but Im just saying I havent got it down yet... I've only been playing competitively(I guess) for maybe 3 months now, so im working my *** off to try and catch up

I was good at melee, but I stopped for a bit... Now im more hard into it then ever...

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't understand why Sakurai can't see that Melee can be played by both casuals and competitive players. I lost respect for him but I do thank him for ssb64 and Melee.

I would still want a ssb4 though so people can hack it again. If it ran exactly like brawl but with more characters, it'll be super easy to hack since there's already a lot of development in the hacking scene.

Top Bottom