• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
i'll be there in a while...wanted to eat more food before i left. otherwise i would probably be there around now.

but i doubt anyone's checking the boards anyway...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
where the hell is everyone?

me and n0ne have been playing alone for like 2 hours lol

granted, we got here early because i had to pick him up but like srsly

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh, I'll be there as soon as I can. I have to take Andrew to go renew his security license... might be a bit.

Sorry David! D:

unknown522

Some guy
Demo? Are you joking? There's no demo version, just the full one o_o

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NP0AE1BZ
thanks

its still there and its not the money that matters first off, its the fact i got 3 classes today

edit wth is wit 01337?
0 Leet I guess

who's coming out to the smashfest at my place on wednesday ??
lol

why dont u guys have fests on tuesday, why is it always days were i have like 8hours of class
still gotta pokemon battle

unknown522

Some guy
lol, didn't know what to say.

Edit: N0ne is pretty good. I dunno about his mario being better than mine though. He's more flashy with the cape, but I have the better combos IMO.

I.B

Smash Lord
Your Marios are pretty close. I find his easier to hit, but better at recovering.

Now that n0ne and Idea played, I'd like to see n0ne vs Afro. :)

idea

Smash Master
yeah, he is good. fun to play too =) he just runs at you all the time.

i left pretty early so i forgot to negotiate with anyone (well, bernard) about borrowing my controller for pound. but if you're still interested, come to york on wednesday and i can lend it to you there.

Sanu

Smash Champion
yeah, he is good. fun to play too =) he just runs at you all the time.

i left pretty early so i forgot to negotiate with anyone (well, bernard) about borrowing my controller for pound. but if you're still interested, come to york on wednesday and i can lend it to you there.
Don't know if I can make that, I have even more interviews on Wednesday. I'll probably have to come find you on Thursday or something then, you should have just left it at David's house haha.

Edit: Or is your spare still at David's house? And what's this about Bernard borrowing it, I need one!!! :(

I.B

Smash Lord
Bernard asked if he can use it as a backup because his main controller's Z button was messing up. If you clicked it lightly, it wouldn't register like 1/3 of the time. Having to consciously worry about pressing Z hard enough during a tourney match would be pretty distracting. :dizzy:
Hopefully you guys get that sorted out though.

Also, because I think the matches would be close/entertaining. Why not Afro?

n0ne

Smash Ace
lol, didn't know what to say.

Edit: N0ne is pretty good. I dunno about his mario being better than mine though. He's more flashy with the cape, but I have the better combos IMO.
Next time, Ryan. Next Time.
I Had like a sleep forever disease or something, i hadnt sleeped anything the day before going to davids... so I was playing all shaky or something afterwards I was even freezing from the cold all day and night long, even when i went to grab some pizza and on the way back home.... Im just waking up because i fell asleep again once i came home lol.

The difference between our Marios that U wait for your enemy to come to u, then intercept with u tilt, while i aproach with other means. but anyways I Dont know if Im johning or something Ill only say Next time ull see him comboing,

uh.. btw i still cant figure out I.B.s marth and unknowns playtyle. I GOTTA play u guys more. Good work guys

And Ray, flashy stuff btw.
Oh, and thx for the hacked melee.. if u ever make another one here PLZ let me know.
The only BAD thing is that Ronald is a ***** thats always stuck in one spot and is very slow... And Batman (Marilyn Manson) is TOO GOOD BUT TOO DARK its HARD to see him.. it would be cool if there was batman or superman for ganon... cause he has the cape... OH and a Robin for Mario cause he has it too that would be so cool lol.

I KNOW my Ganon IS effective, but im having trouble with u guys, its probably cause of the space animals, cuz i have to be power shielding and stuff, but it did good vs. Davids Peach and sheik inclusive. Maybe its that or ill have to camp a bit, i dont know..
Uh.. My Fox is good to but im having trouble waving with shine and drill to due cold hands, literally. Dont Know what u guys think of My Capi.

For everyone else... Kyle , good stuff.. everyone else too, and... what happened to Josh everyone? Or did he arrive like at 11 pm, once i fell asleep?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Nightmare , i play MW2.. but not online cause internet back at home sucks... but I DO play it.
And looking forward to recording some fights with all u guys next time

idea

Smash Master
how did kyle vs none go, also imadh why u always wana c me vs someone
iirc it was overall even but he beat me in 3/4 mario vs. jiggs matches. but he also suicided a lot =P

Don't know if I can make that, I have even more interviews on Wednesday. I'll probably have to come find you on Thursday or something then, you should have just left it at David's house haha.

Edit: Or is your spare still at David's house? And what's this about Bernard borrowing it, I need one!!! :(
Bernard asked if he can use it as a backup because his main controller's Z button was messing up. If you clicked it lightly, it wouldn't register like 1/3 of the time. Having to consciously worry about pressing Z hard enough during a tourney match would be pretty distracting. :dizzy:
Hopefully you guys get that sorted out though.

Also, because I think the matches would be close/entertaining. Why not Afro?
yeah, josh. i still dunno where my spare is, but i offered bernard my main controller cause i don't want GTA to lose to controller problems at a huge tournament. and his Z button is pretty screwed up.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sorry Edgard, stuff came up and I couldn't make it. Next time for sure ;0

Makes sense Kyle, guess I'm screwed for my pool lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kyle, I think a controller swap occurred at my house.

You have Bernard's controller. Bernard, I think, has your spare.

So maybe we could all go to York tomorrow and correct the swap?

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, I think a controller swap occurred at my house.

You have Bernard's controller. Bernard, I think, has your spare.

So maybe we could all go to York tomorrow and correct the swap?
okay. i'm gonna start going every week anyway. (and i'll bring a cube)

that seems entirely plausible since i was tired and just picked the one with a smooth top of the joystick.

(and he would have my main one rather than my spare. my spare is black and has no obvious identifying marks)

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
would you guys maybe want to smash at my place? on thursday or something for like 5 hours or something you guys have to leave before 9:30 thats all.
Also I wont be able to have alot of people over maybe just 8-10?
Well just let me know so you can get some extra practice and I need more smashh.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
would you guys maybe want to smash at my place? on thursday or something for like 5 hours or something you guys have to leave before 9:30 thats all.
Also I wont be able to have alot of people over maybe just 8-10?
Well just let me know so you can get some extra practice and I need more smashh.
They're already coming to my house, crashing, and leaving from there on Friday.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Attn: IMADH RYAN DAVID BERNARD SAUC3 JPOBS

I have a request.... bring as many cube setups with us/you to Pound 4 as you can please. The more we bring, the more setups will be available at Pound 4. Plank already has around 60-70 tvs but does not have the setups for barely any of them. Don't worry about bringing a wii, that's expensive. Plank is doing a lot to keep the consoles safe:

1.) I will provide sticky nametags for every wii, cube, tv, or powerstrip that people bring.

and

2.)I will announce multiple times over the loud speaker that nobody is to DISCONNECT ANY SETUPS without coming to me first. I will not be hard to find at the tournament. If you need to leave or something, people MUST come to me and tell me they are taking their setup

3.)IF ANYONE IS CAUGHT REMOVING A SETUP FROM A TV DURING THE TOURNAMENT, THAT PLAYER WILL BE KICKED OUT OF THE VENUE AND NOT ALLOWED BACK IN, NO REFUND IS. All players need to be aware their systems are SAFE with my venue, and I don't tolerate shadiness at my tournaments. I will announce this the day of so that there is no confusion.
So please, bring your console setups!!

I.B

Smash Lord
I would bring my cube, but it's missing a power cord (which is at Grmo's house).

Also, I printed out directions for us in case of anything.

Double also, if anybody has a Melee copy I could borrow, I'll ask Dzenan if I could borrow his Cube as well.

idea

Smash Master
josh, i can probably give my cube and melee to someone to borrow at york too...i mean, if someone who is there is willing to take responsibility for it.

n0ne

Smash Ace
uh guys, maybe this is off topic, but just in case..
I know how to softmod wiis to read backups just in case you need more melee discs and have enough wiis.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE COMING TO MY HOUSE TO CRASH BEFORE POUND

I will be skipping my tutorial that day because I don't want to be at school until 5:30 and 3-hour breaks are dumb.

However, it is unlikely that I will be back at 2:30. I will probably be home around 5:00 because of travel time and, because I wound up sleeping in accidentally, I didn't get to exchange currency, withdraw money, or purchase a few things I think will be useful for the trip (notables, include some more pens, sandwich food, another notebook, and earplugs). So all that will have to take place Thursday because tomorrow I'm at York. Also, haircut.

Ryan, you are free to arrive early because you know why. However, the rest of you get a head's up to spend extra time with your loved ones before leaving, finish extra last-minute packing, maybe even eat something prior to coming to save on cash, etc.

Bernard, you still owe my mom $60 for pre-registering through her credit card. So please bring that before the trip; on the morning of the trip, I plan to wake up early and deliver her heater (those crashing in the basement may desire its use) and it would be convenient to reimburse her at that point. If that's not possible because of whatever then I don't mind, however it would be the easiest time for me to do it because I have to take back the heater before Pound anyway.

Top Bottom