• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
i'm playing chrono trigger on my ds

and this **** is

well

it's slightly easier than usual. they made projectile weapons (lucca, marle) stronger so they don't seem so weak compared to the other ones. and i could swear most of the enemies are a little weaker. not like this game needed to be easier...

edit: music is still good =D excepting crappy ds speakers.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
lol, didnt know that many things were based off of megaman :dizzy: im playin smash brothers right now.. anyone think they can help me do a phantasm stall on the ledge..google and youtube dont have any tutorials.. lol. i can do the firebird one but the illusion one looks sick :ohwell:

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
i'm playing chrono trigger on my ds

and this **** is

well

it's slightly easier than usual. they made projectile weapons (lucca, marle) stronger so they don't seem so weak compared to the other ones. and i could swear most of the enemies are a little weaker. not like this game needed to be easier...

edit: music is still good =D excepting crappy ds speakers.
yeah i have chrono trigger too but haven't started playing it cuz i have sooo much other games i wanna go through first lol. is it really that easy? o_o think i should just get the snes version?
LOL YEAHHH the ds speakers are so fail. i hacked an ipod on my ds, but the speakers are so bad so i'll just use headphones, but it came with no song shuffling and my r4 is already packed with games so no room for music OR combo vids i wanted to put on =[

idea

Smash Master
lol, didnt know that many things were based off of megaman :dizzy: im playin smash brothers right now.. anyone think they can help me do a phantasm stall on the ledge..google and youtube dont have any tutorials.. lol. i can do the firebird one but the illusion one looks sick :ohwell:
they're kidding =P i don't see what your point was, though. mega man is awesome. it's a nes era game and today i chose to play it over the many new ones i have. okami wii remains unopened, for example.

and for the phantasm stall, that's really just practicing the timing. it's not difficult to do technically, but the timing for it is a bit hard to learn...kind of like wavedashing. maybe try moving the joystick away from the edge rather than straight down, so you don't fall as quickly.

yeah i have chrono trigger too but haven't started playing it cuz i have sooo much other games i wanna go through first lol. is it really that easy? o_o think i should just get the snes version?
LOL YEAHHH the ds speakers are so fail. i hacked an ipod on my ds, but the speakers are so bad so i'll just use headphones, but it came with no song shuffling and my r4 is already packed with games so no room for music OR combo vids i wanted to put on =[
it's not stupidly easy, but i've already beaten it several times, so any change is noticeable to me. if you can, definitely get the snes version, i like it more anyway. they changed the dialogue a bit in the ds version. and it looks way better on a tv screen than the little ds one. or on a monitor, if you wanted to play it on an emulator. and the music, of course.

the psx version (final fantasy chronicles) is pretty good too. the music is slightly off in that one (dunno why they changed it, especially so little...why bother changing it if there's almost no difference?), and it has longer load times for some reason, but they also added little animeish cutscenes which are pretty cool.

how'd you hack your ds?

edit: jake - oh. =P i'm very trusting.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
hey does anyone no if in sliver menber ship for xbox live if u can still play vs ur friends online or can u only dl games and crap
You can only go on Xbox Live with a Gold Membership, a Silver Subscription only grants you access to the marketplace and updates and whatnot. Some games come with a promotional time card, I know Gears 2 comes with 48 hours free, you just need to redeem the code.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
As is Jet Force Gemini for Rare's games on the N64.

It's SO GOOD! I've only ever beaten it once and I had to do it on Co-Op with him as Floyd.
So much nostalgia from that game...

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
Ryan posting:
i was going for more of the majora's mask idea. god i love that game

Majora's Mask = MOST UNDER APPRECIATED ZELDA GAME EVAR
As is Jet Force Gemini for Rare's games on the N64.

It's SO GOOD! I've only ever beaten it once and I had to do it on Co-Op with him as Floyd.
So much nostalgia from that game...
yes! you both know about good games.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but if I move then I have to beat bernard for the best black

In alberta there is no competition

Edit: like 2pac and biggie

idea

Smash Master
i've got news for you...you'd have to beat unknown522 and I.B. too. and then kirbykaze might as well be black...

oh, and good luck with peterx. rumour has it he's never lost a stock.

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Why the hell are there so many black people in GTA

shouldn't they all be playing NBA 2k9 or something? sheesh.

Can't wait to go to GTA :/

Edit: It's cause they wanted to live in a place that shares a name with a crime :/

worldjem7

Smash Ace
i've got news for you...you'd have to beat unknown522 and I.B. too. and then kirbykaze might as well be black...

and C 3. Don't forget C 3 :D

unknown522

Some guy
I like pie.
wtf I hate pie!
****ing mood swings. =P

nah, I know what happened

man eff that, peterX isn't black.....even david's blacker than him.....oh, and bernard too.

anyways, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Tmi8urjsg

=P

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
my kaizo mario runs fine. haven't started super mario rpg yet. I have chrono trigger snes on my computer and didn't put it on cuz i had the ds one, so i could use the snes one.
i dunno if it's right to call it a hack cuz it's so incredibly easy to do, but so it "hacking" wiis <_< i'd assume it's BASICALLY the same, but the level of difficulty of actually tampering with the ds is very easy.
i'm just putting a bunch of **** on my arr four and it gets ipod and web browsers and stuff. but i took them out cuz the web browser didn't work and the ipod wasn't very innovative. The only cool thing i have is snes emulator and it's perfectly fine for me, though i haven't played enough different games to see.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
lol, i was never a huge Megaman fan XD played them growing up, always waaay too difficult :p, thanks for the help with the phantasm stall, your right, you have more time to do it properly when you pull away from the edge instead of down XD, **** Zhu and his fast fingers -.-''

unknown522

Some guy
marco, since I never see you on msn, this is for you.

sprocket says on facebook:

Marco plays with a boat...Needs a better fullhouse though...

Tell him...

"I created Heaven"

what do you want me to say to him........lol

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Second link is amazing. Which match was that powershielding clip taken from? I want to hear the crowd reaction on that.

lol, i was never a huge Megaman fan XD played them growing up, always waaay too difficult :p, thanks for the help with the phantasm stall, your right, you have more time to do it properly when you pull away from the edge instead of down XD, **** Zhu and his fast fingers -.-''
Haha, if you were referring to my comment, I just felt like being a douche, I really don't care about Megaman that much :bee:. Gears 2 is a pretty **** good game though.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
But GoW2 is kinda slow, and not fps... D:

It is worth playing though once at least.

Sprocket keeps sending me some random stuff on facebook, it is great to read sometimes. XD

idea

Smash Master
my kaizo mario runs fine. haven't started super mario rpg yet. I have chrono trigger snes on my computer and didn't put it on cuz i had the ds one, so i could use the snes one.
i dunno if it's right to call it a hack cuz it's so incredibly easy to do, but so it "hacking" wiis <_< i'd assume it's BASICALLY the same, but the level of difficulty of actually tampering with the ds is very easy.
i'm just putting a bunch of **** on my arr four and it gets ipod and web browsers and stuff. but i took them out cuz the web browser didn't work and the ipod wasn't very innovative. The only cool thing i have is snes emulator and it's perfectly fine for me, though i haven't played enough different games to see.
which emulator do you use? version too. i want to try it.

Lmfao, have you guys seen the title's of these vids? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTcxGYuZw5s&feature=related I lol'd.

This is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4sUrQAabY
yeah, the second link is pretty good...i thought it would suck but they did a good job with it. isai is waay too good...there are certain things about his falcon that i've never seen anyone else do faster, even though those videos are from 2 or more years ago. but none come to mind specifically. and he's very silly.

update on various animes i'm watching...i watched the first episode of trigun today. how do i put this...i liked the parts where people's faces looked human. the more anime-ish parts of it are really not my style. they're very cutesy and don't go with the other parts of the show. not that i'd like those qualities on their own either...definitely not.

so it's not bad, but it's not for me. in general, i like my entertainment to take itself more seriously. (for instance, cowboy bebop takes itself just seriously enough)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Congrats Andy, I know you've been going for that admin for awhile. You're gonna make these boards a lot cleaner. Good ****.

REP SAUGAAAA <333

Edit: lawlz didn't see Matt's post.

Top Bottom