• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
O_o just started getting into melee and thers a few things i need to know, are there still tournaments going on in the GTA? (i live in etobicoke) if ther is please link some dates times and locations, and what can i expect in terms of competition and number of people attending :) thanks.

idea

Smash Master
mostly smashfests...the casual, moneyless version of tournaments.
locations: variable, usually near stops on the TTC subway line
number of people: on average? i'd say 8 or 9.
competition: and thensome

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
right on. wouldnt mind getting in on some of these if you guys could give me a heads up for the next one. not sure if i could bring a tv or cube, but ive got some controllers and a very good capture card for mac :). oh and btw, im not very good lol, im like a scrub that can wavedash XD, i main falco, and i play a pretty nice link. im useless with everyone else lmao

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Is anything happening tomorrow? I just finished a 13 hour shift at work and I'm just itching for some smash before the next semester starts.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Can't be any more illegal than Tim Hortons making you do 8 hours on your feet with only two 15 minute breaks.

My job had a lot of sitting and I got an hour of break paid, so it wasn't that bad.

Hey Kyle, I wonder if you might be available to host tomorrow?

idea

Smash Master
eh...at rogers video i get a half hour break for an 8-hour shift (also nowhere to sit). i think that's just a retail thing. it's the working for more than 8 hours i'm wondering about.

not tomorrow, that's too short notice. but sometime in the near future, i think so.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Came back from fest, didn't feel like playing much today honestly. New guys are nice to see, beat Bernard's Falco with my Bowser. >_> M2K + Cactuar getting 3rd in teams at CT wtf

worldjem7

Smash Ace
it's because it was a basketball tournament fri-sat this weekend, and today was all day. I'm on events crew at my school for basketball/volleyball. I do like score/stats-keeping and stuff like that.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol I just take it down, I don't manage what happens to it after I return all the equipment.

Suffice it to say, our school won the tournament. :D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
right on. wouldnt mind getting in on some of these if you guys could give me a heads up for the next one. not sure if i could bring a tv or cube, but ive got some controllers and a very good capture card for mac :). oh and btw, im not very good lol, im like a scrub that can wavedash XD, i main falco, and i play a pretty nice link. im useless with everyone else lmao
i main Link.
i wanna play you =D
i love Link dittos.

ANDY: we have another Link hurr.

im also thinking about the tourney, i shall check the venue and the hotel info soon.

idea

Smash Master
landy, can i get you/your dad's phone number? my parents want to thank him for driving me home in that snowstorm from niagara. and i kept forgetting to ask till now =P

idea

Smash Master
can they be things we don't actually intend to do? cause then mine would be to become proficient with jigglypuff's dair. it's really easy to hit with part of it, so if you could l-cancel it correctly every time, you could get easy grabs, uptilts, even rests out of it. but the timing is awkward and i don't wanna learn to use it.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
lol
the crew battles were ****ing amazing XD

i'll upload them when i get home. im at the venue till sunday night DX

also lol

reno is ****ing goooood!

he beat m2k in a sheik ditto =/
and he took out pakman and mogwai in crews, and then another stock off of cactus. :p

also those dum *** brawl looking combos are surprisingly hard to get out of @_@

boss taught me a bunch of random crap.

and i like doc vs falcon again =p
kinda.

but theres way too many goddam sheiks and falcos here =[

and i 4 stocked some guys fox 8D

weee i'll keep everyone updated i guess, i bought some internetaccess card for 6$

i guess i might as well use it =/.

also i cant do the streaming, cuz theres no wireless networks that we can use DX

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
lmao, indeed Idea, VERY susceptible :p, if I play against my brother and beat his capt falcon or his fox, then he'll swap to jiggly just to do that -____-''

If we do Link Vs. Link im gonna get pooped on FYI
and also i didnt respond sooner cause i didnt realize i had to turn the page rofl ^.^

idea

Smash Master
that and off the stage gimping. falco pretty much dies when he has to recover. uhh...i might be having people over sometime next week, you should come to that. (assuming you're not overly busy with school by that point)

edit: i downloaded an NES emulator and started playing a bunch of the old mega man games =) honestly though, mega man 2, so far, is not very hard. even AIRMAN didn't pose much of a challenge.

double edit: oh yeah, clarification: i have never played this game before.

idea

Smash Master
lol yeah, i am by no means good at that game. but it was more fun for me to use save states. i figured that it would just be an issue of me trying it over and over till i got it...so a measure of patience rather than skill, to get it only once. and i didn't have the patience.

Top Bottom