• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
Against floaties just space aerials, mainly Fair and Bair, and needle from platforms at lot. Force them to come up after you and hit them with needles --> Fair and combo Fair into more Fair and/or other aerials probably Nair or sh rising weak Bair --> ???. Against Puff avoid grabbing unless it's obvious you can. Against Samus/Luigi do lots of needle --> grab. Against Peach do lots of D-smash.

Against mediums/semi-floaties just WD back and F-tilt a lot when they approach, move around with platforms, make them come after you when you're on a platform and then dash off and Bair them or something. Grab a lot. Shield WD out of shield when they attack and then punish.

Against Marth just grab a lot and CC to dash grab, shield grab, or roll if he tries to pressure you. If he's retreat Fairing just space so the blade misses barely and then dash attack or grab in his lag. Dash Attack lots. Grab lots. Needle lots. Avoid doing D-smash. If you wanna SH Fair him time the Fair really late to avoid CC grab. In general do your aerials really late on Marth or just while rising so you don't get CC grabbed and buttfucked for it.

Against space animals do moves. Hit with those moves. Fair and Bair are good moves. D-smash is also a good move. WD back and F-tilt against Fox a lot if you space perfectly it beats his Nair and if you space less perfectly it beats his Dair. Pivot grabbing through his Nair is also good but harder so not recommended. Bair is good. D-throw and then do stuff. Against Falco just Nair out of shield a lot and then platform camp and force a needle through and then pour on aggression.

Against Falcon just be prepared to be very patient because they tend to just DD camp and don't fall for stupid dash tricks and limit his movement as much as you can. F-tilt him through his approaches, and WD back F-tilt, crouch under his grabs, CC his raptor boosts into grabs, if you do go into the air do your aerial really late so you can't be shield grabbed or punished for it with raptor boost going under it or anything, and when you grab just 0-death tech chase with regrabs. Avoid doing D-smash or Dash Attack unless you're tech chasing because those are easy to punish with Dair and Sheik is pretty easy to combo if you know your percents. Nair out of shield a lot.
Yet....

David, about two weeks ago: Yeah....my shiek is good i guess.
David, about a week ago: Yeah, I could no doubt take out mew2kings marth with shiek a few matches.
David, this past friday: ...MY SHIEK IS ****ING AWESOME!

David=Win.

Phoenix/NB$

Smash Rookie
Lol yeah

btw why does everybody spell my name Shawn >.>
to clarify for everyone my name is spelled S e a n =)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ask Stos.

In general just keep a boomerang flying around and a bomb in hand or placed conveniently and do a lot of full jump Nair and try to keep that Nair hitbox out. Full jump Nair --> Nair/Uair is stupidly good, Nair --> double jump Nair is good, Nair in general is good, and Fair has range and stuff.

Against spacies be really aggressive and abuse your better range as much as possible and don't get hit because if you get hit you probably die. Against Falco it is advisable to get on a platform and then toss a boomerang or bomb at him and then do stuff so you can force an opening in his lasering. Against Fox just don't get hit basically if they're technical and if they're not don't get hit anyways because waveshine u-smash is dumb.

Against Sheik don't get grabbed. Stay in the air, or on a platform, hold your ground, keep a boomerang flying around, and space like a monster. Use bombs wisely.

Against anyone else I have no clue. Floaties are usually easy to figure out. Spam, force them to come after you, then outspace them because of their blistering sped. The only flipside is that Link has even less speed than them so you might have to pressure a bit more to keep them from randomly gaining too much ground control and getting in your face.

idea

Smash Master
the hitbox of link's nair comes out on frame 4. it stays out with basically the same range until frame 29. at this point it switches to a smaller hitbox which is out till frame 38. the move ends on frame 39. so use nair.

and spam projectiles to approach/depress your opponent. mostly bomb and boomerang. i find that it works better if you take out a bomb, but then use boomerang/arrows before throwing the bomb.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
the iasa of nair is on 36 but the hitbox doesn't retract until frame 39 (hitbox is still out on 38).

the result?

you can nair --> nair very, very easily with link out of a full jump. you can also nair --> uair, the first hit of bair, and even dair for the truly brave, but for practicality uair and nair are the good ones. bair is too ccable, and dair is somewhat impractical.

link's nair even at its worst covers his whole body (minus his head) after he retracts his foot. he retains monster priority. so abuse nair. nair is very, very good. and if you space and double jump intelligently you should not be punished by cc for using nair or put in a position where you can be cced for using it.

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.....and don't forget Up-B..........that's KEY! *feels smart..............is not smart.*
No, you right ;O.

Scrahh is like one of the best combo finishers.
Haha, after playing with Stos for like 2 years i think i picked up some of his tacticsss..

Edit: Oh yeah,
Thanks Kyle and David on the nair info.
I've always saw Christian do it but i never new what he was doing, haha.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
the hitbox of link's nair comes out on frame 4. it stays out with basically the same range until frame 29. at this point it switches to a smaller hitbox which is out till frame 38. the move ends on frame 39. so use nair.

and spam projectiles to approach/depress your opponent. mostly bomb and boomerang. i find that it works better if you take out a bomb, but then use boomerang/arrows before throwing the bomb.
Lol, I swear the hit box is still out once the animation ends.

I've seen Stos and Andy hit people with Nair when it really looks like they're just falling.

unknown522

Some guy
Jack In Megaman Execute

Lol
lol, voices are so fail. It's from the show that was on teletoon
Lol yeah

btw why does everybody spell my name Shawn >.>
to clarify for everyone my name is spelled S e a n =)
I spelled it shawn because at bernard's tourney he had it spelled on the paper like that.
I have it spelled sean on my phone still, so I was right.
like SEAN from 3rd strike..

**** dat sux yoo low tier black man :(
sean from 3rd strike is brazilian, not black. Ken smuggled him across the border remember?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol, voices are so fail. It's from the show that was on teletoon
Also, Lan's voice = Light's voice.

Which makes it even more super-fail.

And my initial thought was S-e-a-n. Whachugaiz tawkn' bout?!

you watch too much Boy Meets World lol

idea

Smash Master
Lol, I swear the hit box is still out once the animation ends.

I've seen Stos and Andy hit people with Nair when it really looks like they're just falling.
yeah, i was just looking at the frame data...the smaller hitbox is smaller because his foot is fully retracted by that point =P

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yay sots

Link is known for his gay laggy moves, stupid recovery and of course his gay dildos that he throws around and comes back, the ones that explodes and the ones that only has a bit of use. Though people don’t realize how hard to use and win with him. You need tech skill, Utilt combos, SH Bair DJ and amazing mind games to get them in a grab. Anyways here are some match up tips against most of the top, high, lesbian, restartedly amazing ties. Kk gogogo. SCARH !!

Against Fox, Falco and Captain Falco, the Link player must maintain stage control by using his projectiles, must have a good edge guarding game and a strong use of Nair. Keeping your boomerang out plays with your opponents head and it could give them a hard time. Also catching your boomerang is important because it speeds up your projectile game and you can throw it again =D. Bombs are almost fail when facing spacies, lasers counters the bombs but its **** against C. Falcon. Edge guarding is important when fighting Fox, Falcos & Falcon. From what i've experienced, Ftilt ***** the **** out of Fox, Falco and Falcon even when they try to sweetspot. When Fox & Falco illusion or Falcon tries to sweetspot, use Dtilt, depending on their percent, you can either Scrah(spike), Nair, Fair or Dair. Though jumping off the stage to Nair ***** their Up B recovery. Finally, using a lot of FJ Nair DJ ***** them. Links sex kick takes a long time for the hitbox to disappear. You guys already know the gayness of Nair so lets move on to the next topic.

Against floaties, Link must be patient, use non-laggy moves and must rely on spamming.
A Link vs. Jigs & Peach requires you to be patient because they have the ability to outgay Link. Setting up for a Dthrow -> Uair or Dair around 80% for the kill isn’t worth it, if you miss the grab, Jigs can punish and you may lose a stock and Peach can charged Dsmash. Wait until they reaches around 120, that’s when you should start doing Fairs and Uairs. Moreover, limit your grabs, Dairs and Dsmashes & the SCRAH, if you miss any, you could lose a stock. When Jigs misses a rest, punish with Fsmash (charged & both slashes) at low percent(0-20), Dsmash (charged) around mid-percent (20-70), Dair over 70. I use Scrah out of my shield to punish Jigs’ pound & running attack. Though the most safest way to fight Jigs and Peach is to spam. When I say spam I mean use everything, bombs, rangs and arrows. In order to win against floaties you must spam and use lots of FJ Nairs since they’re is like always 90% in air. Basically in order to win against floaties, you must not be greedy =D.

Links toughest match up is against Sheik and Marth. To win or get close to winning a set against Sheik and Marth players is to have a good shield game, tough defense and a good use of edge guarding. This is a match up where you must use your shield a lot to avoid losing a stock and to kill. When they hit a laggy move on your shield, the best way to take advantage is to grab, Dthrow -> Scarh, Dair, & Uair ***** these two individuals at mid-high percent. If they’re at low percent, you should rack up damage using projectiles, Utilt, Uair combos and such to get them at mid-high percent. Also, you know that Marth and Sheik have a strong Bair edge guard game. Using projectiles while coming back can save your life and also mixing up your recovery. Now dealing with Sheik and Marths recovery is pretty hard, the easiest way for Link to punish their recovery is to throw **** out of the stage and when they’re near the edge grab the ledge and spam invincibility frames. Simply edge hog them, IF they land on stage ledge hop Dair should take care of them .Moving on to a defensive game, Link can capitalize on the opponents mistakes and get close to winning a game. Using lots of projectiles, out of shield moves, jabs before your opponent hits you and jabbing right after aerials, grab combos can give your opponent a hard time dealing with Link. Shield grab is your best friend against Sheik and Marth and also don’t for get to SCRAH.

In conclusion don’t use Link, jks. It takes a loooooot of knowledge and patients to play and get better with Link. Fox, Falco, Falcon, Marth, Sheik, Jigs and Peach gives Link balls to suck on and its hard playing against them. Hopefully you learn something, if not **** YOU IT TOOK ME ATLEAST 2 HOURS TO WRITE THIS ****. Kk its late, gg all =D

i started this **** at 11:30 and now its 1:00 in the morning *goes to sleep*

EUGENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS YOUR PRESENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
o.o
well with that logic than pichu raeps everyone too if the pichu is amazing >______________>

idea

Smash Master
nice job. but i still don't think charged fsmash is good for punishing jiggs' rest...it's pretty easy to DI so the second hit misses, and there must be something stronger than the first hit of fsmash. but i guess we'll have to check if it's still easy to DI out at <10%...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
iunno about link matchups other than falcon, sheik, and space animals being really bad.

to punish puff iunno just do something cool.

bomb --> dair for killing (i think it works. i know it works for ylink)

throw boomerang --> jump back --> charge f-smash --> returning boomerang hit --> 2nd hit f-smash for damage racking (~35+)

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
LOL
sheiks down b is so broken =[

so i was thinkin about it, and i dont see what big disadvantage link has vs marth,

both:
-they both have decent range
-both have decent edge gaurding
-both have grab range, but links is punishable if u miss,
-both have a lot of kill moves,
-both have stupid *** disjointed ****ing swords.
-one is and elf, the others a girl

link:
-link has his stupidly annoying projectile game
-up+b
-i think links recovery is better, more options, and can get pretty far if you're a compitent bomb jumper,
-broken nair

marth:
-more speed, but link can make up for the speed w/ his projectiles and stuff
-more combo ability, but thats what di is for, no?
-tipper

yeah, i think its pretty bloody even, as far as match up comparison goes, i mean, of course if the marths amazin and the links decent the marth is going to win, but if both are played at the same skill level and played properly,
its pretty even, maybe even 50/50 if link keeps spam going well,

im no link expert, but marth being one of links match ups doesnt compute @_@

correct me if im wrong but yeah =s

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Link should never be able to recover vs Marth if the Marth understands what Bair is. You don't edgeguard Link in a conventional way. If he air-dodges past your Bair with hookshot you weak Up+B and then drop off Bair and do stuff after.

Similarly I don't think Marth's recovery vs Link is particularly stellar. For a variety of reasons. Mostly ledgehopped Nair, ledgestalling to force Marth onto stage and then doing Dair, reverse Fair, or just ledgedashing past him with Up+B and repeating the process plus dropping bombs --> stuff which I've seen Andy do.

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
ROFL srs? XD
what a champ

im assuming nothing is going on this weekend? since its all halloweener and stuff
lemme know if theres something(that we can make it to) before i decide to have a lame brampton smashfest saturday :p

toronto needs more brampton. =[
vise versa

edit:
is anyone planning on going to this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197728

in connecticut.. o.O pretty close ..

idea

Smash Master
ROFL srs? XD
what a champ

im assuming nothing is going on this weekend? since its all halloweener and stuff
lemme know if theres something(that we can make it to) before i decide to have a lame brampton smashfest saturday :p

toronto needs more brampton. =[
vise versa

edit:
is anyone planning on going to this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197728

in connecticut.. o.O pretty close ..
"Possible Attendants
1 Spawn
2 Darc
3 Thorn
4 Icylight
5 Zoso
6 TecZero
7 Jam
8 Cort
9 AwsmSean
10 JFox
11 Mogwai
12 Banks
13 DarkDragoon
14 Budai
15 Alukard
16 Chum
16 Shararah
17 Spife
18 PoF
19 Pakman
20 KevinM
21 Noodles
22 Nana
23 Cinder
24 Scar
25 ChiboSempai
26 Roman
27 Erci Chewman
28 Solid Jake
29 AxelSlam
30 Ryucloud
31 unknown522
32 MattDotZeb
33 7ak
34 xzax1337
35 Hazzard
36 Heart Break Kid
37 Scar
38 Vanz
39 Boxman X
40 Skler"

it would seem so.

wow, one of us could actually win this! cort should be a bit out of practice, scar is good and all but happens to play falcon...anyone else to really worry about?

edit: wait, it's in january. mew2guy might find it by then...

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^ hey are you free for some smash this aft? i can come over and play if you want in a few hours.. at like 330

Top Bottom