• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
so i got a chance to learn some melee from IB and adnan... so obviously havin played brawl first, i made some funny mistakes but also quickly realized (not that i didnt know before, but experiencin it 1st hand is way different) what separates most players from each game

but anyways jus some things i noticed while playin...
- in brawl u can litterally hold shield and do a d-smash etc in melee u cant (the reaction on adnan and IBs face was priceless when i mentioned this)
- shield grab seems... i dont know how to explain but i guess not as viable as in brawl? in brawl seriously if u block something and they are in range ur a$$ is gettin shield grabbed no questions asked. forgive me if i dont know what im talkin about lol
- watchin a brawl player smash sidedodge in the air is funny as hell. i give out free combos because of bad habits. too funny hahaha
- tech chase is so much more vital in melee than in brawl
- comebacks are much easier in melee than in brawl. this is something i like. in brawl if you get an early lead you can pretty much expect to win as long as you hold your game consistent for the rest of the match.

more or less melee is very fun, but so is brawl. i'll plan to play both, but i wont enter a melee tourny for awhile lol every1 is too good hahaha.

btw thnx again to IB and adnan for teachin me core basics. i've had ppl teach me how to play certain games but none were as informative and supportive as the two of you were. once again, thanks!
that's so cool, getting into melee after brawl :p ooh you can try wavedashing for the first time! it's so hard to get used to, but once you do it's as automatic as jumping. play me sometime, i'm probably somewhere between you and IB/Adnan...which reminds me, I haven't played you in 6 months, Adnan =P

MDK00

Smash Ace
that's so cool, getting into melee after brawl :p ooh you can try wavedashing for the first time! it's so hard to get used to, but once you do it's as automatic as jumping. play me sometime
i didnt find wave dashin too hard. wavedashin outta shield seemed more like a difficult task for me thoo =S.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL If there was a melee tournament NOT in sauga I'd probably show up.
Its just that fun for me to play Jiggs.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
what the hell is powershielding

And I refuse to play sheik I mean she is a glitch in the game, all her attacks go through your shield.

And then she throws invisible **** at you I mean come on.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Nuuu, I was joking. >__>

I'd really like to play against your sheik.

...or a fox.

....or a marth.

.......or melee in general. I haven't played it in a while and now I suck. Like, more than before.

I haven't played Brawl recently either. <__< I should probably make it to one of dem brawl tournies.

idea

Smash Master
lol at me being put on the same level as Adnan
yeah, sorry =P i was more interested in defining boundaries to place myself within. so anything beyond the worse of you two wasn't important. either way i gotta play both of you more/at all. last time...and first time i played you, actually, was when you demanded we keep doing jiggs dittos until you won one. :bee:

and since i don't know how to double-quote:

"LOL If there was a melee tournament NOT in sauga I'd probably show up."

agreed.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
I dont even care if its not a tournament. I rarely get the chance to play people that know how to double jump....

KingAce

Smash Ace
for melee yes, for brawl tournaments are farrr from being dead
actually things arent even that bad, theres a melee biweekly on the 28th for all melee ppl

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yeah true.

Guess I'm mostly looking for big tournaments more than anything, but sadly there probably will be next none for Melee anymore.

As for Brawl all I see is Biweekliez at the moment, but that's alright for now I suppose.

Feel free to correct me if there are tournaments going on, and I've been to blind to see them. :laugh:

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
well alphamale is a both melee and brawl bi weekly, like we alternate between the 2, so pretty much its a melee and brawl monthly going simultaneously at the same place under the same name

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yeah, plan to attend the Alphamale soon enough. Just tough to have the spare money at the moment because of how ******** gas prices are right now. :cry:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Who wants to play Apprentice? I wanna test out my new stuff with this new gay ban list that makes Flash Hulk less viable and encourages me to spam Stax moar. It also kinda ***** Gro-a-tog and it hurts Pitch-long too. >_> I still wanna play test a flash hulk though.

idea

Smash Master
:mad: i'm the queen of france. :mad:

:mad: and don't you ever forget it. :mad:
i have a related t-shirt. and my friend has a related dvd. it's 10 minutes long...you'd think they'd have filled the rest of the space with many things, but no, i guess they spent all their time writing on the disc.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Who wants to play Apprentice? I wanna test out my new stuff with this new gay ban list that makes Flash Hulk less viable and encourages me to spam Stax moar. It also kinda ***** Gro-a-tog and it hurts Pitch-long too. >_> I still wanna play test a flash hulk though.
oh god... i remember that game.

It was pretty fun until that unbelievable gay and stupid thing happened to me vs you

apprentice is gay. lend me a deck and i'll play you IRL

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'd have proxy like half the deck though (need to work on the Stax ditto... stupid match up) because I only have enough copies of some stuff for my own.

Top Bottom