• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Whats with the fellowship people!? Its US vs YOU. We can worry about US vs Frenchies later.
Thats right, we're gonna roast you fools.

"What you say !!?"

You have no chance to survive make your time.

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
hey i wanna get in on any tourneys in Toronto or just outside of Toronto! plz dont ignore me because you think im a n00b. i am a VERY good smash player and i want a challenge other than my n00b brother.

D

Deleted member

hey i wanna get in on any tourneys in Toronto or just outside of Toronto! plz dont ignore me because you think im a n00b. i am a VERY good smash player and i want a challenge other than my n00b brother.
I'll have you a bajillion dollar MM to see who is the BEST YL IN TORONTO

D

Deleted member

Dsmaniac are you flashed, if so we must play some Tetris / Puzzle Quest / Custom Robo / Yeah...

Andy I challenge your *** in any DS game

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
yo yo yo, If me and my crew make are way down will gladly bring our DS's.

And me and xCUREx will money match any of you in new super mario bros. pipe level banned.

C

Circle

OKAY! Time for my story (rant)...

Hmm... hate to babel, but shouldn't the international communities (like Canada, Parts of Europe) have more organized forum rooms!? For example; within Regional Zones: North America, Europe, Asia. And within that! have the separate countries (though this may cause tedious work) in order to have efficiency and convenience for the people who talk in their province/state/region (local community), country (national community), and globally (international).

Staring from the local community level:

If these rooms were setup; to have a tourny discussion /calender/results, to have province/state/region wide power ranking, players' list, and regular community discussion ... It would make the Smashboards community (as a whole) a great place online. Tournaments would be a lot easier to setup and direct when community members visit their location, a more neutral power ranking (as there are more than one in a city, from different groups) listing off the top 10 of that community, players' list is to (in hope) create a 'scene' in areas that don't have one currently, and community chat as a means to communicate.

The national community level:

Going out of the local community level leads to here, where tourny discussion /calender/results should only apply to those that welcome more than one local community (eg. an East Coast tourny that brings in Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic parts of Canada or FC bringing in Midwest vs. North Atlantic). A post that redirects to individual players' list, discussion to communicate nationwide , and power ranking (of 25? similar to the current one in U.S.) which is greatly needed to understand highest level of play in the communities.

The international community level:

This could be a whole other section or no section at all, as I only see it relevance in terms of players traveling from different borders in order to compete (example, players from U.S. going to Japan or Europe.. or vice-versa), this creates problems since no one would exactly be looking at the international rooms since there are more locally made rooms for them. A solution to that could be that the international room becomes a place of requests, where (if needed) players will request about tourny info (including directions, price, etc..) or info about regional destinations, and a corresponding mod can/will reply. Also normal chat can exist here (like "Get Chu Dat to Europe Fund" or something of that sort).

Just thought I would pick at something to see what people here think (maybe if it's a good enough of an idea it can go through to mods, get their view and if this will have potential). All I ask for is, feedback (positive/negative, it's all good). Thanks for actually reading it if you did! :)

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Ohemgee, do any of you play Mario Kart Super Circuit for the GBA? I used to play that game a lot until my GBA broke. ;_; Same thing with Pokemon Silver.

I remember in Rainbow Road time trial, you could you a mushroom to boost into the railings because they're all jumps to like, skip half the stage~

You do a lap in 12 seconds or something by using a mushroom in the jump at the beginning of Donut Plains 3. >__>

You prolly won't believe me, but there was this glitch that gave me .04 lap in Cheese Land.

*sigh* If only my GBA wasn't broken, I could find that game, and someone hadn't erased my data....

PS: 1% challenge for Metroid Fusion gets impossible at Nightmare!

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
Dsmaniac are you flashed, if so we must play some Tetris / Puzzle Quest / Custom Robo / Yeah...

Andy I challenge your *** in any DS game
i dont play the newer DS games b/c they...well...suck. i play mainly MKDS, Polarium, and Meteos (but i lost it) the only new game that i want to get for the DS is Tetris.

i lost interest in my DS when I got the Wii anyway

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
THANK YOU NATE.

We should be rivaling each other right now. Brawl has not come out yet, Melee is still our source of smash, so let's stop talking about "im gon b da bestest in brawl nd win the internatz".

On the other hand, us having a Smashfest at Jamal's is cancelled till further notice, I might be able to get the place back though.

OHEMGEEZUZ Does anyone play CustomRobo with illegal parts? I'll own youz.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
i dont play the newer DS games b/c they...well...suck. i play mainly MKDS, Polarium, and Meteos (but i lost it) the only new game that i want to get for the DS is Tetris.

i lost interest in my DS when I got the Wii anyway
*is at school*

-roflrofl-

I hope you're joking.

James, Johnny, Dro and Del for best Y.Link! lol

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
everyone needs to realize how lame publisher are--if Nintendo says Brawl will come out this year, it will wait until December to release it in Japan, and then the next June 2008 in North America. We probably still have another solid year, unfortunately.

So don't quit ssbm yet, get practicing that micro ;)

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Adnan, haha, I wanna play those guys from the MISSISSAUGA Smash Brothers Tournaments group. They should come to FX, or something.

Or Jamal's or Matt's...but I prolly won't be there then, maybe at Summer, or the last day of school. >__>

DROLIAN COMBO

dair + f-smash

DROLIAN COMBO v. 2.0

Nair + d-tilt + nair + f-smash

ALL DONE WITH FALCO, DONE AT CERTAIN PERCENTS

wuts di

the problem

Smash Apprentice
DROLIAN FTW!!!! Im'm so copying those >=]
*copies DRO"
My falcon combos

Dzenan's combos:

Dair+front B+Up smash+Knee

Dair+upsmash+knee

Uair+uair+uair+ knee

nair+knee

Upthrow+fsmash

Upthrow+dsmash

Dthrow+techchase+knee

HAPPY FREAKEN 16th BIRTHDAY IMADH

the problem

Smash Apprentice
It's because were so good that no one can counter them :laugh:
And who's gonna remember those combos, make a counter for each, remember for which one of us and which character, use it againts us in a real match. :confused:

Dice

Smash Lord
It's because were so good that no one can counter them :laugh:
And who's gonna remember those combos, make a counter for each, remember for which one of us and which character, use it againts us in a real match. :confused:
All you did was list some of falcon's basic combos >_<

Top Bottom