• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles Yasuo was always a two item champion. Infinity Edge and Statik Shiv. Unless I'm missing something.
He needed to have crit runes in order to achieve 100% since two items only gave him 80% in S5
Now he can get shiv and another zeal for triforce to get 100% right away, so only.... 3700 gold.

People were remembering Yasuo was a character anyways and that he was still broken too, especially since gnar was in the meta. He just fell off hard cause the likes of garen and darius just absolutely destroys him. Thx juggernaut patch

Darius and fiora still needs to get hit with heavy nerfs along with tahm motha****in' kench. Soraka too. Actually screw this preseason I don't like going 4-20 (no pun intended) as my w/l ratio with games cause of all the broken stuph in normals and people abusing it along with the fact your team will somehow get that one or two ****ters that ruins the game completely.

Also Kogmaw with rageblade gunblade and maw bonkerz. Rageblade is just flat out broken even on ranged champs, I wouldn't be surprised if Corki and Ez could make it work well too.
That's weird to say,
>ranged
>hard to maintain stacks
>melee doesn't when they need to run up and hit something at a 125-250 range
Unless you're an assassin like xin irelia jax with a gap closer, any other melee rageblade users would have trouble keeping it stacked at 8 continously.

Is what I'd like to say but honestly the item is an assassin item now with all the gigantic buffs it got that can work on anyone that isn't Zed/Yas. Shaco Poppy Fizz Aatrox etc.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm not very good at math, but from what I'm reading so far it's basically saying Deathfire is more of a single target/lategame mastery that only starts being significant once it's lategame (which in this preseason, lategame is 35+ minutes instead of 50+ lol) while thunderlord's decree is more of an early game mastery for of course start of game till around 20 min mark it'll start falling off.

DOT like Anivia with liandries/her ult Brand cass Fizz would benefit more from deathfire cause it'll consistently proc the deathfire touch back to full while thunderlord's provides extra burst early on for like Riven Talon LB etc.

So from the couple paragraphs I read, I will agree that Deathfire is good on the ones I mentioned but all in all it might be good to attempt TD instead to see how it feels especially since again games are quite literally decided at even 8 minute marks cause a team can go 0-7 and because rito didn't include it in their patch notes that players ahead get ridiculous amounts of experience, they'll be 2-5 levels ahead most likely plus a lot of silly bs stuff in this preseason.
That's kinda why veigar and Anivia, the two fotms have fallen off (thank god, people are off my ice byrd waifu)

Haven't been getting mid much lately but last time I did I got storm surge on Anivia/fiddle, I liked it cause it gives them movespeed to chase or run away while kiting with their abilities still.

Another thing with half of the mastery tree for cunning/ferocity.
If you wanna go full damage and win lane, then oppressor and piercing thoughts will give that extra damage, Deathfire won't do much unless you're an AP mid with a DOT like (popular right now mid and bot) brand, thunderlord/cunning side though it gives a bit more defense and possibly that smidgen more damage which makes thunderlord's even more stronger for the ad side cause it gives 3 armor pen as well with the scaling, games prolly won't last long enough for it to pass 7 but if it somehow does then at the end of the game it goes past 8% for armor pen and magic pen. Oh and dangerous game/able to cap cdr at 45% if you feel like that over damage, able to proc the thunderlord easier since spell rotations are much shorter from the extra 5% cdr.

tl;dr Thunderlord for more damage, Deathfire if have DOTs/know the game is gonna last till 30+ minutes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3tlfqq/2016_masteries_for_all_roles/cx77ite

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Shout outs to Steve Arhancet for deciding that his Curse Academy challenger team would be in better hands with a 19 year old trust fund baby over a 33 year old patent litigation lawyer. Nothing like ensuring your players have a long term future by liquidizing the organization into a free NA LCS spot and having e-sport writers actually post quotes explaining that it was a growth experience for a 19 year old boy. Don't worry guys, he still has dreams of becoming a professional melee player. His favorite stage is the Fountain of Dreams.

Edit: Heavily debating a tank page with AS reds just to take advantage of Grasp of the Undying and Nautilus's passive.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Still sad they took the ap out of sheen/triforce. It's just like, so many ads were given decent ap ratios on a not-main dps skill so encorage interactions with sheen for niche builds, now that's out the window

Didn't realize the hydras were just interchangeable, that's crazy broken. Makes my Olaf build much safer too, can rush ravenous and if things go south I can go tanky anyway with no set backs in gold

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
So apparently there's thing thing where if your name was repeatedly flagged for being offensive, Riot changed your name to a "neutral name" and then gave you the option to completing a survey in order to get a free name change. According to Richard Lewis, the tests are modified versions of narcissism complex and aggression scale tests used in psychological studies and Riot Lyte has defended the tests stating that they are analyzing for personality and not for mental health. However, Riot Lyte has not described what type of personalities are being identified and ascribed as being of interest to Riot Games.

I personally found this more hilarious than injurious. Although it is reflective of how online platforms take liberties with their user base when they are uncontested. There was an article in HBR called "When Platforms Attack" that focused on Amazon using sales from third party distributors to get a pulse on market trends that were hot. Amazon escalated things when they introduced competing "Amazon products" that weren't necessarily cheaper i.e. Crayola Washable Markers were way more expensive than the cheapest distributor who they listed all the way at the bottom of the screen forcing people to scroll down or press additional feature buttons in order to access it.

In general, user feedback and information has gotten a lot more aggressive now than ever before. I would have never imagined being called on my phone asking me for my feedback on x, y, or z product.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
When there are four tanks on the enemy team and your Caitlyn builds Runaan's but not BotRK.

I think the main line to draw from the Thunderlord vs. Deathfire debate is that it's a frivolous debate considering how frequently Riot invalidates a simple idea (small customizable boons) by making it work too well for a subset of champions or making the tree path obtuse. Consider how fast things are moving towards AP tanks. By the time the most of the champions are fixed for the current masteries and item sets, post-season will roll around to spark a new ******** conflagration.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
When there are four tanks on the enemy team and your Caitlyn builds Runaan's but not BotRK.

Daxilen said:
I think the main line to draw from the Thunderlord vs. Deathfire debate is that it's a frivolous debate considering how frequently Riot invalidates a simple idea (small customizable boons) by making it work too well for a subset of champions or making the tree path obtuse. Consider how fast things are moving towards AP tanks. By the time the most of the champions are fixed for the current masteries and item sets, post-season will roll around to spark a new ******** conflagration.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
If you didn't like jungling graves, then cry no more!
You can just jungle quinn now, 57% win rate and broken in jungle since she can blind camps.
Almost as painful as all the AP Mundos crawling around low elo with Deathfire Touch or Thunderlord's Decree over Undying Grasp.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As a Quinn main, holy **** is she dumb.

I still have yet to lose a game with her since the buffs she's so good.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Man I know right? He feels so weak right now, especially since Trist/Jinx/Kog all fit that long range hyper carry role WAY better than he does right now.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A Combination of less damage from ult now and even if an adc is short on range, they just go RFC and shiv to do more damage than twitch (vayne MF trist etc.) before they even go a damage item.
Twitch's identity of Long range ult and assassinating ADC possibly if he doesn't get blown the **** up on the spot and maybe support if it's soraka or something since the supports lingering around is brand cass etc. AP DOT mages with 2+ second CC or braum tahm kench, and we all know kench's damage already lol

Twitch is prolly the worst ad along with Varus, even ezreal is better. Like Kog is weak, but once he gets that Guinsoo's and components for a 2nd item he's deadly.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Until changes happen, I've been avoiding the adc role. It really sucks because I was having so much fun playing Twitch before preseason and this just kinda ruined it.

On the flip side, I'm always able to pick Tahm Kench when I feel like getting an easy win.

:059:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
A Combination of less damage from ult now and even if an adc is short on range, they just go RFC and shiv to do more damage than twitch (vayne MF trist etc.) before they even go a damage item.
Twitch's identity of Long range ult and assassinating ADC possibly if he doesn't get blown the **** up on the spot and maybe support if it's soraka or something since the supports lingering around is brand cass etc. AP DOT mages with 2+ second CC or braum tahm kench, and we all know kench's damage already lol

Twitch is prolly the worst ad along with Varus, even ezreal is better. Like Kog is weak, but once he gets that Guinsoo's and components for a 2nd item he's deadly.

And even then Varus is still decent (at least in mid) since he gets basically 0 cd on Q once he gets ER and an AS item.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Few days late but let's put to rest the team that made an impact on the league scene and being one of the first to take on the korean menace.
RIP

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
NA League is hype with 2/5 of that roster playing in the NA LCS. Darien streaming. Genja streams on and off. Not sure what Diamondprox is going to do. Hope RNG, GMB, and C9 style the TSM super team out of MSI and Worlds. Edwards confirmed for NA bound, not sure which team.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Apparently in team builder I'm Gold 5 but playing with Plats and above all the time....**** this is hard. I used it to practice outside of ranked and now I it's really really hard.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
:o I just sent you a request.
Added you boo. We're going to cut it a bit close cause we need three weeks before you're allowed to gift a skin to a friend. But the Snowdown skins expire 1/10 so we have plenty of time. Which one do you want btw?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Added you boo. We're going to cut it a bit close cause we need three weeks before you're allowed to gift a skin to a friend. But the Snowdown skins expire 1/10 so we have plenty of time. Which one do you want btw?
:O

Gnar was the one I was gunning for tbh.

Thanks a lot, I'll gift ya back when I can.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
:O Gnar was the one I was gunning for tbh. Thanks a lot, I'll gift ya back when I can.
I love you, but please don't gift me back a skin. I was serious when I said that I had extra RP on the account because I've started my graduate program and I really am spending nearly every single hour on it. Also, I don't want Riot to get any more $$$. If you really want to reimburse me then I'll think of something else you could send me. ♥

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I love you, but please don't gift me back a skin. I was serious when I said that I had extra RP on the account because I've started my graduate program and I really am spending nearly every single hour on it. Also, I don't want Riot to get any more $$$. If you really want to reimburse me then I'll think of something else you could send me. ♥
I'll think of something.

Promise.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Marksman cannot do anything if they have 150+ ping, so even if vayne is piss easy to build and use even she will be next to useless if her tumbles n such are as late as almost 2 seconds cause of ping.
Riot is silly

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If you really have 200+ ping every game and REALLY want to play adc then just pick Kog.
Guinsoo runaan wit's end for the ultimate right click build.

Top Bottom